inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need to know of a song...

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/01/04 at 2:44 pm

Righty Ho...

I need to know of a song that was on Radio 2 here in the UK last year a couple of time in the christmas period.. it was a version of the 12 days of christmas except it was sung in kind of a letter form by an irish chap

I remember one line was something along the lines of... "and dont you be sending me no more feckin geese"

If anybody can help me out here i'd be much obliged. Thanks

Subject: Re: Need to know of a song...

Written By: karen on 11/02/04 at 5:33 am

Alcoholica

I've seen this joke as a form of letters from the lady to her partner and then from her solicitor.  But I don't recall hearing it as a song.

I'll see if I can find the e-mail version I had.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/02/04 at 8:13 am

Excellent.. i havent seen that specific version, but this one.. it's just him like talking about it.. like he is a bit annoyed cus they have sent him all this rubbish.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 11/03/04 at 3:28 am

Karen,

Here's an obscenity-laced version of the one you are thinking of: http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/87/8036.html

I heard a clean version on a plane inflight entertainment channel once (probably within the last two years).

Written By: karen on 11/03/04 at 4:52 am

That's more or less the version I know (which I couldn't find)

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/04/04 at 12:27 pm

LMAO at the one you sent mrgazpacho.

I wouldnt worry about finding it, i just would have liked to be able to find it. Thanks for looking anyhow  :)

Written By: karen on 11/04/04 at 12:43 pm

How about you listen to Radio 2 near Christmas again and then check their website for a playlist for the show you heard it on.  That's how I found out details of the William Shatner version of Common People.  I heard it on Radio 2 and checked out the site the next day.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/04/04 at 4:29 pm

Yeah not a bad idea, don't know if it will be on again, but knowing Wogan it will.

Check for new replies or respond here...