inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: You guys remember my problem?

Written By: Harmonica on 11/06/04 at 12:33 am

Well not to long ago ( a month or two) I posted on this board that I had a crush on a girl and that I asked her out. Well a few of you are probably wondering what happened, and most of you probably forgot! ;D

Well things have been slow, and above all weird.  I asked her out the first time and she said that she was really busy, which I took as a nice girls way of rejecting me, but with her their was a twist at the end, and she said that she wanted to get together some time.

Well time passed and we talked to eachother occasionally. Sometimes the talks were really magical(at least to me they were, hearing her voice is like a chorus of angels). Other times I felt like a helpless little nerd with a school boy crush. I wasn't sure what she thought of me, she'd give me such strange reactions. Sometimes she'd be really friendly and act like she liked the fact I liked her and other times she'd ignore me and act like I didn't exist.
I myself wasn't always cool around her. she was sitting by herself one day at lunch, and rather than sit by her I sat with some other friends. Felt sorta bad about that but you dont' know me when it comes to girls. I'm the biggest chickens**t that ever lived!

After a while I figured that she probably didn't want me to bother her anymore and I'd do her a favor and leave her alone all together. A friend kicked me in the a** and said, "My God boy you lead the poor girl on to believe that you like her and now your just gonna give up!?!?!?!".  I thought to myself, well I guess I don't know how she feels, so I've already embarassed myself once so I might as well do it again.

I wrote her an email asking her to do a couple of different things. I just invited her to things I was already doing, Karaoke, and then a play a friend and I were going too.  She emailed me back saying she might want to go to the play, and to let her know when it was.  I saw her the next day at chapel and she just had the biggest smile on her face and the way she looked at me...it just made me feel so... I dont' know..but it made me feel whatever it was...She said that she had to figure out her schedule and then let me know whether to get her a ticket or not.

Well today I got an email from her and it said that she couldn't make it to the play cause she has her one act she's doing that night. I didn't know how to take that, but then she wrote that she was going to check out the movies in town and that she'd tell me what she thought sounded good and wanted me to let her know what I would like to see.

I looked up at the sky and said, "thank you lord"....this girl is amazing...shes' the total package...she's one hell of an actress, she's the most beautiful girl on campus, she's intelligent, she's a strong christian, she's funny, ..I mean everything I want in a girl..she is....and here's the thing!  She's given me..yes me..a chance!!  The times I see her walking around or in a class she acts like she likes me back!

I ain't used to getting what I want very often, but this time things look good, things look great.

I hope things look really really really great in the future..

Here she is by the way.

Subject: Re: You guys remember my problem?

Written By: Niko101 on 11/06/04 at 2:01 am

Right on, brotha!

From what I read, you're doing it right. Nice and slow always worked best with me. In my teen years, I had guys give up on me after a couple of weeks because I am a "good girl," only to come back years later when they realized that I really did like them, I just didn't move fast. Patience can really pay off. Let us know how things progress...

Written By: Bobby on 11/06/04 at 8:20 am

This is excellent news, Harmonica. You really deserve it. Just don't take rejection personally (as difficult as this may be), she really may have things going on at the moment. Keep trying and don't give her any reason to think you don't want to be around her. If she is on her own at lunchtime, sit next to her - even if you don't say anything.

Great stuff! Keep it going man!  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/04 at 11:50 am

I am glad for you, Harmonica. Just don't push her too hard. If it was meant to be, it will happen. I am sure that I don't have to tell you this (and this goes for ALL the men on this board towards their significant others-and women towards theirs, too) TREAT HER WITH RESPECT!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/06/04 at 9:51 pm

Good Luck Man. ;)

Howard

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/06/04 at 10:09 pm

great news,Harmonica  :)

Written By: KimberIndy on 11/06/04 at 10:09 pm

Awwww...ain't love grand?

Written By: Fred on 11/06/04 at 10:42 pm

I'm the biggest chickensheesh that ever lived!

When it comes to girls, I think I take this category. What did you say exactly? I need some advice.

Written By: Harmonica on 11/07/04 at 12:13 am

When it comes to girls, I think I take this category. What did you say exactly? I need some advice.

Well technicality say's that I had some good friends that gave me some good advice.....I personally live by the motto of if you want something and want it bad..."even if you know you gonna fail..try anyway"

John Michael Montgomery say's in one of his songs, "Sink or swim you gotta give it a whirl"

To everyone else - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!..

I'll keep you updated..... :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/07/04 at 12:45 am

I'm happy to hear that things are falling into place for you and this girl, Harmonica.  Good luck!  :)

Written By: Bobby on 11/07/04 at 2:35 pm

John Michael Montgomery say's in one of his songs, "Sink or swim you gotta give it a whirl"

Ah yes! 'Life's a dance' by John Michael Montgomery - well quoted.

Written By: Harmonica on 11/07/04 at 8:04 pm

Well I ended up getting an email back from her late last night saying that she wanted to see the incredibles, and that once she heard back from me she'd call down and see the starting times.  I emailed her back saying that sounded great and gave her my number. She called me today and told me to get a few friends around and meet her down at the movie theatre at 4 O'clock.

So I grabbed a couple of my buddies and we got down their. We got there earilier than her and her friends did and all of my friends but one got tired of waiting around so they went into the theatre and sat down. Then she and her friends arrived and we went into the theatre to see the movie.

All the girls sat on one side and all the guys on the other. She sat with the girls and I wasn't sure what to do so I went to got sit with the guys, they kicked, pushed, and demanded that I go sit with her(told you I hang out with a good group of people)...So went over asked a girl If I could have her seat and made myself comfortable next to Kristie. Not as much as I would of liked..but a fair amount of conversation between the two of us.

After the movie I patted her on the back told her she picked out a great movie to see and I hoped that we'd do it again sometime.   

Well that makes a start...I hope she had fun too....!

Written By: karen on 11/08/04 at 3:23 am

Well that makes a start...I hope she had fun too....!

Sounds like a great start, Harmonica.  Now you need to decide where you want to meet next time and make some arrangements.  Maybe another thing with a group of friends so she (and you) don't feel too pressured.

Written By: Harmonica on 11/08/04 at 11:35 am

The group thing is a good idea....the other people lighten up those awkward moments where you're too scared to say anything in fear or looking or sounding stupid..

Only the next time I hope my friends sit closer...cause they were on the other side of the theatre..and as I mentioned before stubbornly wouldn't let me sit with them....(For good reason ;D)

Written By: Howard on 11/08/04 at 7:48 pm

That's great Harmonica.good luck with the girl. :)

Howard

Written By: karen on 11/09/04 at 3:35 am

What about something like 10-pin bowling?  That way you can all be in a group talking together much more easily than watching a film.

Check for new replies or respond here...