inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MaximOnline Top 30 Worst Albums

Written By: woops on 11/07/04 at 8:18 pm

The list (Ranked in 2000, so it predates "St. Anger" from Metallica and countless others I won't mention)

30. Milli Vanilli "All or Nothing"
29. Bruce Willis "The Return of Bruno"
28. Michael Jackson "HIStory"
27. Jewel "Spirit"
26. Pearl Jam "Vitalogy"
25. Barbra Striessnd "Yentl" soundtrack
24. Vanilla Ice "Hard To Swallow" (His 1999 numetal CD)
23. Jesse Camp "Jesse & The 8th Street Kidz"
22. Poison "Look What The Cat Dragged In"
21. Notorious B.I.G. "Born Again"
20. Bon Jovi "Blaze Of Glory"
19. Regis Philbin "It's Time For Regis"
18. Huey Lewis & The News "Fore!" (IMO, it's OK)
17. Oasis Every Single Album (Guess the author strongly dislikes Oasis)
16. David Hasslehoff "Hooked on a Feeling"
15. "If I Were A Carpenter" (various artists, tribute album)  
14. Rolling Stones "Emotional Rescue"
13. Ace of Base "The Sign"
12. Bob Dylan "Self Portrait"
11. Ricky Martin "Ricky Martin"
10. Hanson "Middle of Nowhere"
9. (tie) Debbie Gibson "Electric Youth" & Tiffany "Hold An Old Friend's Hand" (Britney Spears should be ranked, not Debbie Gibson)
8. Air Supply "The Definitive Collection"
7. Leonard Nemoy "Highly Illogical"
6. Yoko Ono "Onobox"
5. REM "Monster" What!?!  :o  :-\\
4. Michael Flatley "Lord of the Dance"
3. The Osmonds "Osmond Family Christmas Album"
2. Yanni & John Tesh "The Endless Dream"
1. "Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band" sountrack (Various Artists)

Ranked by Maxim.

I disagree with  "Vitalogy" (Pearl Jam), "Looks What The Cat Dragged In" (Poison), "Monster" (REM), and "Electric Youth" (Debbie Gibson). Though the rest I agree on being the worst.  :P

And albums from Nelson, Marilyn Manson, & Celine Dion should've been ranked.

What's your opnion. Good or Bad.

Subject: Re: MaximOnline Top 30 Worst Albums

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/07/04 at 8:23 pm

Sorry, Woops, the link leads me to a dead end. Are you sure you got the URL right? :-\\

Here's the link: http://www.maximonline.com/stupid_fun/articles/article_3245.html

Ranked by Maxim.

I disagree with  "Vitalogy" (Pearl Jam), "Looks What The Cat Dragged In" (Poison), "Monster" (REM), and "Electric Youth" (Debbie Gibson). Though the rest I agree on being the worst.  :P

And albums from Nelson, Marilyn Manson, & Celine Dion should've been ranked.

What's your opnion. Good or Bad.

Written By: woops on 11/07/04 at 8:26 pm

Sorry, Woops, the link leads me to a dead end. Are you sure you got the URL right? :-\\

No, , but I posted the list. :)

Written By: Billy Florio on 11/07/04 at 8:55 pm

Monster, though I havent heard it all, is widely accepted as REM's worst album, so thats probably why its here.  I dont think that Huey Lewis's Fore is that bad, but then again, I havent heard it all...

most of the albums on this list I have not heard in their entirity.....but Im sure there are worse albums.....though the album at #2 must have been pure torture....

Why on earth is Oasis on here?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/04 at 12:02 am

I disagree with:

Michael Jackson's HIStory b/c it's a greatest hits album/compilation and it wouldn't make sense to consider it an album of new songs
Notorious BIG's "Born Again" b/c it had some good tunes to it
Debbie's and Tiffany's had good songs on it (e.g. "Lost in Your Eyes" and "All this Time")
Oasis (I like them)
Ace of Base (yes, I bought the album and enjoyed it)
Sgt. Pepper's...soundtrack (I like Aerosmith's "Come Together" cover, the "Lucy in the Sky..." cover as well as the "Strawberry Fields Forever" cover; yes, the movie sucked, but some covers were okay)

Tanya

Written By: Davester on 11/08/04 at 3:04 am

Most all the albums on the list I've never listened to beyond a song on the radio...

I disagree with: Emotional Rescue - Rolling Stones
                        Monster - R.E.M.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/08/04 at 12:09 pm

I strongly disagree with "If I Were A Carpenter". It had a few bad covers to it, but some of them were guilty pleasures like Shonen Knife's "Top Of The World", Beetie Seveert's "For All We Know" and Dishwalla's "It's Gonna Take Some Time".

I would replace it with either Notorious by Duran Duran or Ammonia Avenue by Alan Parsons Project?

Written By: Junior on 11/08/04 at 8:49 pm

Monster is R.E.M.'s worst? That's crazy. It's probably my favorite out of the ones I've heard (Document, Monster, Reveal, Around The Sun).

Hanson "Middle Of Nowhere" is really not that bad of an album. It's a nice pop album, actually. It collected dust for a few years while I was embarassed to admit I owned it, but after a long day with "Mmmbop" stuck in my head, I pulled it back out and realized it wasn't so horrible. I like a few of the tracks.

Written By: woops on 11/09/04 at 12:51 am

Monster is R.E.M.'s worst? That's crazy. It's probably my favorite out of the ones I've heard (Document, Monster, Reveal, Around The Sun).

Ditto

And for Poison, Winger (self titled debut)  was far worse:

#1. The only good song on the album (or the whole  Winger song catalog )  is "Seventeen"

#2. They ruined Jimi Hendrix "Purple Haze"  :P

#3. Huh Huh Huh Winger s cks!!!

Though Beavis & Butt-Head also dissed Guns N' Roses, new wave bands, most hairbands,  and (of course) Poison... Winger is written on "Beavis & Butt-Head" character Stewart's shirt.

Written By: Billy Florio on 11/09/04 at 1:49 am

Its not my opinion, I havent heard the whole album.....but I dont know how any of the ones you listed are better than Document, that album is pure excellence....

REM albums in order of greatness that Ive heard:

1)Murmer
2)Document
3)Reckoning
4)Automatic for the people
5)Reveal (and this aint that perfect)

Not counting IN Time btw

Check for new replies or respond here...