inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Insanity

Written By: Billy Florio on 11/09/04 at 8:30 pm

ok, I need to vent this to people I havent already vented it to....alright, I should say Im a Justice on the Judicial Panel of my colleges SGA (Student Government Associtation), and tonight was a SGA Senate meeting (im not on senate, Im in a different branch, but I attended the meeting anyway), so I was at the meeting and there was a bill that needed to be passed, and many motions were made about said bill...many motions...it sparked much much much debate.  so, more votes took place on more motions and more motions untill the motions they were voting on had nothign to do with the original bill, but as to whether they should vote with hands or roll call.....it all climaxed though, when a Senator, with a straight face, actually made a motion to Make a motion, that would amend the motion that overrides the motion to amend the amendment to table a motion that would form an ad hock committe to discuss a completely different motion!  I sat there is shock.  I couldnt beleive it had gotten to this.  I mean, I even sat there when someone suggested that they should vote as to whether or not they should vote, but this!  I couldnt beleive it! 

Then, after the last motion wasnt passed (It was proposed by a democrat), some of the democrats threathened to walk out.  Now, this was a small faction of them, many were actully voting with the republicans, but I mean, Cmon!

Just the insanity of this all!  AHHH!  The worse part is, if a club or student has a problem with it, it comes before me in the judicial panel!!!  AHHH!!!

so, has anything just as insane as this ever happened to you?

Subject: Re: Insanity

Written By: Bobby on 11/10/04 at 5:23 am

This seems to be a product of a group of people not wanting to do anything about anything, Billy. Nothing describes this better than the Judicial front in Monty Python's Life of Brian.  :)

Let 'em get on with it regardless of how much hair you lose as a result.  ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/10/04 at 6:07 am

"So then apart from *insert around 40 things* The Romans have done nothing for us..."

Yeah that sounds real crazy, i have seen first hand the, do we vote with hands or write it out one and the reprecussions of that in the Student Council.

The vote was about 60/40 and the people who lost it said they just wouldnt vote then. So we let them not vote  :)

They didn't get a say and deserved it

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/10/04 at 6:42 am

Sounds like where i work.

Everybody wants to complain about everything.  They seem happier doing that then trying to fix whatever is wrong......  ::)

Written By: Paul on 11/10/04 at 7:13 am

This is where I work...!!

There was an old in-joke which used to fly around the place (we have so many committees) about people 'having a meeting about a meeting'...

...guess what is happening nowdays on a frighteningly regular basis...!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/04 at 9:17 am

ok, I need to vent this to people I havent already vented it to....alright, I should say Im a Justice on the Judicial Panel of my colleges SGA (Student Government Associtation), and tonight was a SGA Senate meeting (im not on senate, Im in a different branch, but I attended the meeting anyway), so I was at the meeting and there was a bill that needed to be passed, and many motions were made about said bill...many motions...it sparked much much much debate.  so, more votes took place on more motions and more motions untill the motions they were voting on had nothign to do with the original bill, but as to whether they should vote with hands or roll call.....it all climaxed though, when a Senator, with a straight face, actually made a motion to Make a motion, that would amend the motion that overrides the motion to amend the amendment to table a motion that would form an ad hock committe to discuss a completely different motion!  I sat there is shock.  I couldnt beleive it had gotten to this.  I mean, I even sat there when someone suggested that they should vote as to whether or not they should vote, but this!  I couldnt beleive it! 

Then, after the last motion wasnt passed (It was proposed by a democrat), some of the democrats threathened to walk out.  Now, this was a small faction of them, many were actully voting with the republicans, but I mean, Cmon!

Just the insanity of this all!  AHHH!  The worse part is, if a club or student has a problem with it, it comes before me in the judicial panel!!!  AHHH!!!

so, has anything just as insane as this ever happened to you?

Are you sure this didn't happen in Washington?  ;) :D

Cat

Written By: Billy Florio on 11/10/04 at 5:22 pm

This is where I work...!!

There was an old in-joke which used to fly around the place (we have so many committees) about people 'having a meeting about a meeting'...

...guess what is happening nowdays on a frighteningly regular basis...!!

yeah, meetings to discuss having meetings...Ive been there too...we had one of those in Judicial Panel a few weeks ago...at least that was the intention for it...but, I wasnt gonna let that happen, and the Chief Justice and I actully made it the most productive meeting we had all year

Written By: Billy Florio on 11/10/04 at 5:25 pm

Are you sure this didn't happen in Washington?  ;) :D

Cat

lol, if it did, then there wouldnt have been any time limits implimented on speaking...and the debates would have gone on for much longer.....God help us lol

Check for new replies or respond here...