inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Son Randall Broke His Ankle

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/09/04 at 9:07 pm

I got a call today from one of my son Randall's friends. He rolled his ankle playing basketball so I took him to the hospital and sure enough, it's broken. He's upset that he won't be able to play for his school this season...his Senior Year :-\\

Subject: Re: My Son Randall Broke His Ankle

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/09/04 at 9:11 pm

Tell him I hope he gets better. I know how it sucks to not play your senior year. Give him rest and love. I think he'll make it through.

How are you doing, though?

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/09/04 at 9:20 pm

Thanks, I will tell him ;) I'm alright...just hate when my kids get hurt. We were at the hospital for about 4 hours....they splinted him until tomorrow. I need to take him to an orthopedic surgeon in the morning to see if he needs surgery...Randall cried when he heard that was a possibility. Now he's all doped up and happy though and I have to leave in a while to pick up his prescription :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/09/04 at 11:04 pm

I got a call today from one of my son Randall's friends. He rolled his ankle playing basketball so I took him to the hospital and sure enough, it's broken. He's upset that he won't be able to play for his school this season...his Senior Year :-\\

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about that, Mark.  Tell him that he must let that ankle heal before he even considers playing again...or else he might risk further injury... :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/09/04 at 11:16 pm

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about that, Mark.  Tell him that he must let that ankle heal before he even considers playing again...or else he might risk further injury... :(
Thanks Karen :) I will tell him...though I think he knows not to do anything that may compromise his leg. I worry that he might THINK it's better tonight because of the pain-killers...I hope he just goes to sleep. I really appreciate your concern though ;)

Written By: nally on 11/09/04 at 11:22 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. :\'( My thoughts and prayers go to him.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 12:08 am

I'm sorry to hear that. :\'( My thoughts and prayers go to him.
Thanks VERY Much, Jeff :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/10/04 at 12:12 am

He's upset that he won't be able to play for his school this season...his Senior Year :-\\

that's a total drag for him..hope everything works out better than expected..

Written By: danootaandme on 11/10/04 at 5:52 am

Thanks, I will tell him ;) I'm alright...just hate when my kids get hurt. We were at the hospital for about 4 hours....they splinted him until tomorrow. I need to take him to an orthopedic surgeon in the morning to see if he needs surgery...Randall cried when he heard that was a possibility. Now he's all doped up and happy though and I have to leave in a while to pick up his prescription :D

The poor guy.  Keep all news about Curt Schilling away from him, you don't want him fall for that play
through the pain sh*t.  Bad age for this, and tougher on you,  good luck.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/10/04 at 6:04 am

God that sucks, must be a real bad break as well if it's gonna keep him out all year. Tell him i ripped my knee ligaments last year and couldn't play Football (soccer) or Baseball all year.

Did he manage to get any games yet?

Also, with proper rehab i bet he might be able to play again come January, depending of course on how bad a break it is and how fast he heels.

A Friend of mine bust his arm (i know it's v.different) But the Doc said he would be in the cast for like 4 months or whatever it was, anyway i remember him having the cast off in like half that time and having full mobility soon after.

Written By: joedeertae on 11/10/04 at 6:25 am

Aw man Rock... Sorry to hear about that. :( Hope the pain goes away soon.

Written By: jaytee on 11/10/04 at 6:56 am

Ouch!  Hope Randall is coping okay.  A broken ankle can be tricky thing to get over.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 8:06 am

that's a total drag for him..hope everything works out better than expected..
Thanks, ktelqueen ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 8:13 am

The poor guy.  Keep all news about Curt Schilling away from him, you don't want him fall for that play
through the pain sh*t.  Bad age for this, and tougher on you,  good luck.
Yeah, the nurse mentioned Schilling last night and it actually made Randall smile...or was it the pain-killers?! :D Anyway, thanks DanootaAndMe ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 8:17 am

God that sucks, must be a real bad break as well if it's gonna keep him out all year. Tell him i ripped my knee ligaments last year and couldn't play Football (soccer) or Baseball all year.

Did he manage to get any games yet?

Also, with proper rehab i bet he might be able to play again come January, depending of course on how bad a break it is and how fast he heels.

A Friend of mine bust his arm (i know it's v.different) But the Doc said he would be in the cast for like 4 months or whatever it was, anyway i remember him having the cast off in like half that time and having full mobility soon after.
Thanks, Alchoholica. Yeah, we're hoping the bone isn't so displaced that it would require surgery. As for basketball...tryouts start TODAY :-\\ He was told by the coach that he was going to be a starting forward....but I'm sure Randall will appreciate the kind words as much as I do ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 8:20 am

Aw man Rock... Sorry to hear about that. :( Hope the pain goes away soon.
Thanks Joe :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 8:22 am

Ouch!   Hope Randall is coping okay.  A broken ankle can be tricky thing to get over.
He's still sleeping as I post, but the doctors office opens in about 35 minutes and he'll be an emergency room follow-up and therefore a priority. Thanks for your concern and kindness, jaytee ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 8:23 am

OUCH!!!  Take good care of him and make sure he heals well.
Thanks 80s_cheerleader :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/04 at 9:03 am

Sorry to hear that, Mark. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Cat

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/10/04 at 11:08 am

Yeah wish him a speedy recovery from all won't you..

Will he not be able to make it in as a late inclusion? (me not being clued up on High school sports in your enck of the woods)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/10/04 at 11:57 am

Don't forget to tell him that this is the only acceptable time to be doped up!  :)

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 12:12 pm

Don't forget to tell him that this is the only acceptable time to be doped up!  :)

Tanya
;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 12:13 pm

Sorry to hear that, Mark. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Cat
Thanks Cat, I will pass it on to him ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 12:26 pm

Yeah wish him a speedy recovery from all won't you..

Will he not be able to make it in as a late inclusion? (me not being clued up on High school sports in your enck of the woods)
That's alright :) It may take as long as 8 weeks before he can walk on it and the season will be over by then :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 12:29 pm

His appointment was pushed back until 2pm mountain time....so right now he's resting :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/10/04 at 5:01 pm

That bites.  :(

I broke my ankle the very same way... playing B-ball... way back in 1970.  :P

Written By: Bobby on 11/10/04 at 5:16 pm

Sorry to hear that, Mark.  :(

Hope he gets well soon.  :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/10/04 at 5:18 pm

Bobby, you didn't happen to see when that Japanese bloke broke his leg jumping off the turnbuckle.. snapped totally in half.. (shhh it's on the subject  ;) )

Written By: Bobby on 11/10/04 at 5:20 pm

Bobby, you didn't happen to see when that Japanese bloke broke his leg jumping off the turnbuckle.. snapped totally in half.. (shhh it's on the subject  ;) )

No I didn't see that, Alchoholica - it sounds awful. I have only seen two people break limbs on TV. The first time I saw a man break his arm on Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and the other was that footballer recently who broke his leg - I don't know his name though.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/10/04 at 5:23 pm

Djibril Cisse...soon as i saw that i winced..

Yeah, i downloaded a video of the most horrific wrestling accidents.. a Crockscrew Tombstone off the top of a house.. now that's asking for trouble  ::)

Written By: Bobby on 11/10/04 at 5:37 pm

Djibril Cisse...soon as i saw that i winced..

Yeah, i downloaded a video of the most horrific wrestling accidents.. a Crockscrew Tombstone off the top of a house.. now that's asking for trouble  ::)

That's the man.  :)

Tombstone off the top of a house? Not only would that kill the guy upside down, surely it must shatter the man's knees? Backyard wrestling is not a good idea at all. There is supposed to be a film out called 'The Backyard' but I haven't seen it.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/10/04 at 5:39 pm

The guy doing it sufferd a Broken Pelvis, he blew out one kness, broke both his tail bone  ??? and damaged like 3 discs. The guy he did it to wasnt too bad, it was a well excecuted tombstone i.e the guy doing it supported the other guy's head and neck... i dont think he broke anything major which it's self is a major miracle. I have done some backyard wrestling, but good fun stuff.. we did use a stepladder.. but.. we are tough  ::)

Written By: Bobby on 11/10/04 at 5:53 pm

The guy doing it sufferd a Broken Pelvis, he blew out one kness, broke both his tail bone  ??? and damaged like 3 discs. The guy he did it to wasnt too bad, it was a well excecuted tombstone i.e the guy doing it supported the other guy's head and neck... i dont think he broke anything major which it's self is a major miracle. I have done some backyard wrestling, but good fun stuff.. we did use a stepladder.. but.. we are tough  ::)

I am amazed they didn't kill each other. Me and my brother used to wrestle. I threw him into some cardboard boxes once (quite tame really).

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/10/04 at 5:55 pm

well i have recieved a few minor scars but thats about it.. and chicks dig scars ;)

One from a folding chair to the head and another from when jumped off the garage and gashed my arm.. still don't know how.. but it is all pretty tame, the gash was a total inexplicable accident, but i did have to glue it up.. the chair only caused a small cut, but being a head wound it bled like hell.. didnt need any stiches, i just sat with a rag to it.. jesus it bled though.

Written By: gemini61 on 11/10/04 at 6:11 pm

So sorry to hear about your son, Mark.  :( I know how hard it is to keep a teenager still for long periods of time. Hope you can find something to keep him busy while he's laid up.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 6:14 pm

Well, he's in a cast for a week, then they'll do some more X-Rays to see how good it's healing. If the doctor thinks it's going well....NO Surgery :)

He wasn't very happy on the way there!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/10/04 at 6:39 pm

So sorry to hear about your son, Mark.  :( I know how hard it is to keep a teenager still for long periods of time. Hope you can find something to keep him busy while he's laid up.
Thanks gemini...yeah, he wasn't very happy on the way to the doctor today :-\\

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/10/04 at 9:13 pm

I am sorry to hear about Randall's injury. I hope he feels better soon. 8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/11/04 at 7:34 am

Thanks, Indy :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/11/04 at 8:51 am

*pssssst* It's called Genetics *psst*

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/11/04 at 12:12 pm

BTW, he looks alot like you !
and that's a good thing....right ??? :)

Written By: Bobby on 11/11/04 at 5:35 pm

*pssssst* It's called Genetics *psst*

Lol. I'm glad you told us, Alchoholica.  ;D

Written By: Fred on 11/11/04 at 10:52 pm

That really sucks  :(. Hope he gets better soon. I must have sprained the same ankle like 5 or 6 times in the past few years.  >:( Now, it's sore and stiff. I went to a physiotherapist about a year ago, and my ankle like new, but I haven't done any excersizes for it.  :-X

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/12/04 at 7:51 am

Lol. I'm glad you told us, Alchoholica. ;D

Well it was mainly for you  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...