inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ghost Stories about local areas

Written By: Ripp on 11/11/04 at 11:09 am

This creepy one came along earlier!

In my school, there's this block of concrete, raised and covered in litter. people play footy on there, and people watch, cheering them on.

There's a window next to it.

Every Christmas Eve, there's a little fair for late christmas shopping.

I went to 5 of these fairs.

Each time, the window has shown a face.

An unrecognizable face.

I've clambered up, watched it, and in a matter of seconds, it's gone. It's very pale, and the eyes are so creepy...

...I'm scared.

What stories do you have?

Subject: Re: Ghost Stories about local areas

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/04 at 11:42 am

A friend of mine used to work at the college where my husband works (the same building actually). She used to clean the building was usually in there about 5 in morning before anyone arrived so she could get the work done without anyone to bother her-or get in her way. She has told me that numerous times, she was not alone. She would see someone walking down the hall and then disappeared. There was another time she was in one of the bathrooms, cleaning. She saw some guy behind her in the mirror (The same one she would see walking down the hall). When she turned around, he was gone. The guy was a former student but I really don't know what his story was. But she saw him all the time.

Cat

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/11/04 at 12:42 pm

A friend of mine lived in an old house in a small village in the countryside (Leire in Leicestershire if anyone knows it, the big manor house)

Anyway i kipped over a few times and he always said it was haunted, not in a bad way but there was something there. Well almost every time i was there, not only would i feel something, almost like somebody was watching me, but i swear blind that at least on 2 or 3 occasions i saw somebody, almost like a person not in reality if that makes sense. But it never scared me, just made me wonder...

Written By: onaree on 11/12/04 at 9:52 am

When I was in college and dating my now husband, we went to visit his Grandfather in Virginia.  I had noticed that his grandfather's dog would constantly look at nothing and bark and nip at the air.  Scott then took me for a tour of the house.  One room in particular scared me to death.  In that room I saw a man, dressed in old clothes from like around the early 1900's.  I quickly got him to show me another room.  On the way back to college that Sunday, I asked Scott if anything strange had ever happened in that house.  He told me that nothing had and asked why.  I then told him what I had seen.  He mentioned it to his dad, who then mentioned to his sisters.  They said when they were younger, they had seen a man there too wathcing them out the living room window as they were playing.  The next time we went back to the house, I stayed in the living room and didn't dare go to any other part of the house.  Scott's grandfather then shows us a picture that he had just received of his great-great grandather.  It was the man that I had seen, wearing the same clothes that he was wearing when I saw him.  Talk about getting freaked out!

Written By: Jessica on 11/12/04 at 2:05 pm

You've brought up something I enjoy way too much: Ghost stories. :)

Around California, we always heard about La Llorona when we were little. That's how they kept us in line...."You better be good or La Llorona will get you!"

As for stuff that's happened to me, I posted about it a couple of years ago, but I can't find it on the archives. Basically, it was Halloween night, and while I was asleep, my glasses (which are usually next to my bed on a shelf) wound up at the foot of my bed, the door in my room that led to the garage was open (even though I locked it every night), and my journal was out and open on the floor (even though I hid it away after writing in it). Then about a year ago, something touched my foot while I was laying down on my bed about to drift off.

My sister has also seen weird things in this house and my dog still refuses to come into this room. :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/12/04 at 9:32 pm

http://www.hearthstoneinn.com/images/hearthstone_spring.jpg
My ex and I worked at this local Bed & Breakfast in 1999. We were teaming up making up rooms...I was in the process of making a queen size bed when Ella summoned me to the bathroom...I came out a minute later to find the bed completely made. We were the ONLY ones in that particular section of the Hotel ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/12/04 at 9:34 pm

You've brought up something I enjoy way too much: Ghost stories. :)

As for stuff that's happened to me, I posted about it a couple of years ago, but I can't find it on the archives. Basically, it was Halloween night, and while I was asleep, my glasses (which are usually next to my bed on a shelf) wound up at the foot of my bed, the door in my room that led to the garage was open (even though I locked it every night), and my journal was out and open on the floor (even though I hid it away after writing in it). Then about a year ago, something touched my foot while I was laying down on my bed about to drift off.

You told me about this before....thanks, I HAD forgotten ALL about it :o ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/13/04 at 7:33 am

My closest oldest friend died 8 years ago.  We used to alway talk about if one of us died,
and there was an afterlife, the one who was gone should get in touch some way with the
other to let them know about it.  Well, weird things have happened.  On his birthday I found
a Zippo lighter,  unused,  with a western motif.  He smoked and was into country.  I was
in a music store and flipping through Simon and Garfunkle records thinking about how much he liked them when "Old Friends" came over the piped in music, random selections S&G weren't being played when I was looking.  A lot of things like that happened, and I called another friend of ours to tell her.  Everyone agrees it is too weird.  Now when something happens I say out loud, "Is that you Brad?"  I think it is :)

Written By: Wolveroses on 11/13/04 at 10:46 am

Bay City, MI ..... At Delta College when no ones around you can hear footsteps down in the student eating area.

Written By: Mona on 12/30/04 at 7:01 am

Some friends of mine lived in a house that was haunted.  At first it was just a presence, but one day it was violently throwing toys all around the playroom while the kids were in there.  They moved shortly after that because they were afraid the kids would get hurt.

Check for new replies or respond here...