inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any Bridget Jones fans out there?

Written By: Gecko on 11/14/04 at 1:05 am

G'day everyone

I was just wondering if there were any real Bridget Jones fans on these boards and what they think of the new movie?  I absolutely adored the first movie (it is probably one of my favourite movies) and today I went and saw the second one - and I love it even more.  Any other fans out there?  I think I remember Jaytee being a fan.  If so, what do you think of the new movie Jaytee?

Subject: Re: Any Bridget Jones fans out there?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/14/04 at 1:16 am

Me, Me, Me.

I saw the Edge of Reason and thought it was quite cute. I didn't feel as if I wasted any money seeing it.

Tanya

Written By: Jennifer028 on 11/17/04 at 11:28 am

I want to see it  :)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 11/20/04 at 3:33 am

I havent seen sequel yet - mainly because I have gone off seeing movies in the cinema when they are released on DVD 2 months later for the same price and with all those fab extras and I can enjoy them minus the yacking teens behind me and the kid crunching loud chips in front of me.

I didnt see the first BJD till a few months ago.  I despise Zellwegger with a passion.

But it was killing me missing a Hugh movie !  SO I had to buy it in the end.  Like Chicago I found I was able to completely look past Zellwegger and enjoy a well written movie with a great support cast.

I am not a fan of the "girls over 30 are not happy and content till they have found Mr Right" storylines that movies, mags and books seem to think are 100% truth.

I prefer Mr Right Now !  So I would have picked Hughs character over Colin Firths character personally !! (Tho it was a mix of BJD, Pride & Prejudice & Love Actually all in a row this year that made me suddenly understand the appeal of Mr Firth !!).

So give me a couple of months and when BJD2 goes on sale I will buy it and come back with a review !!!

Written By: Allie Fox on 11/26/04 at 3:12 pm

I'm a guy and I like Bridget Jones. :-[

I feel like I'm in a support group when I say that.

I read the first book when it came out.  My wife had it on her nightstaand and I picked it up one night and zoomed right through it.  I don't like RZ very much either and I didn't like her as Bridget.  I haven't read EoR yet but as soon as my wife buys it, I'll dive right in.

I'll wait until the movie is on video.

Check for new replies or respond here...