inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Polar Express

Written By: Jennifer028 on 11/15/04 at 7:55 pm

I just took my 2 1/2 year old and my 3 year old nephew to see this movie a few days ago.  We loved it!  It was so cool and any movie that can keep two toddlers in their seats is AMAZING!  Tom Hanks did a great job.  It really gets you in the mood for Christmas.  The graphics are great!  :)

Subject: Re: The Polar Express

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/15/04 at 8:06 pm

My son saw it with my in-laws. They all liked it. I'll wait to see it though.

Tanya

Written By: Michelle on 11/15/04 at 8:21 pm

I've read the book and thought it was sort of cheeseball. I guess I was more of a 50 Below Zero kid.

Written By: zcrito on 11/16/04 at 1:06 am

I haven't seen it but have seen the mixed reviews for it. Actually, I've only seen one bad (was it USA Today ??) and all the rest have been good.

Personally, I'm waiting for "Alexander". I like that ancient Greece stuff, but think the movie is going to be more concerned with actors and actresses looking good and trying to win Oscars than about a great movie making. We shall see.

;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/16/04 at 6:15 pm

Took my 13year old and we both loved it.  It is a great Christmas movie.  Go see :)

Written By: nally on 11/18/04 at 7:23 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but I do have the book. :)

Written By: NullandVoid on 11/23/04 at 4:17 pm

It was just like Final Fantasy..All Show and No Substance!

Written By: nally on 04/17/08 at 5:34 pm

I finally saw the movie on ABC Family four months ago. 'Twas pretty good.

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/08 at 5:38 pm

'Twas it, eh?  I t'wavent seen it yet, but one day I might :)

Written By: nally on 04/17/08 at 5:47 pm

Well, maybe ABC Family might show it again in eight months. But again, maybe they might not.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/17/08 at 8:52 pm

I love this movie! Vaughn loves it too..it's one of his favorite Christmas movies! :) We have the book too. ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/18/08 at 12:04 am

wow, this thread is old.  that's some serious bumpage. 

this movie kinda grew on me. I wasn't interested at first, but after watching it a couple of times, I now love it and want to get a copy for Christmas time.  Just a  minor observance here, but the animation is a bit strange at times, the kids aren't very cute it seems that when they're talking to each other, it almost looks like their eyes aren't quite focused on the kid they are talking too, almost like a blind person not sure where the person in front of them is, but a animated Tom Hanks as the Polar Express train conductor is great. This movie and Elf are my two newer favorite Christmas movies. 

..oh yeah, the Steve Tyler Elf at the end is funny

Check for new replies or respond here...