inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Just Felt Like Shouting Out A Big HELLO! to Everyone.

Written By: Hairspray on 11/23/04 at 8:38 am

Whether or not it's been noticed, I've been on an unexpected hiatus. I've missed everyone. These forums (in all their incarnations) have been my second home in one form or another since 1998 and the members my very dear community.

I've also taken very much pride in being the lead moderator and I hope I haven't let any of you down with my absence.

Hey Bobo,

How was it holding down the fort? ;)

1) How are you guys?

2) Any major events or changes within the community?

3) What did I miss?

4) How do you feel about my being back?

Thanks in advance!

Subject: Re: Just Felt Like Shouting Out A Big HELLO! to Everyone.

Written By: karen on 11/23/04 at 8:55 am

HELLO back to you Hairspray

I had noticed that you hadn't posted much recently.  Maybe we haven't needed that much moderating?  :-\\

The only major event is the boards unstable state at the moment.  We have had several crashes recently. 

What did you miss?  Most of the US election rubbish, sorry discussions.

Good to see you back

Written By: Hairspray on 11/23/04 at 9:44 am

HELLO back to you Hairspray

I had noticed that you hadn't posted much recently.  Maybe we haven't needed that much moderating?   :-\\

The only major event is the boards unstable state at the moment.  We have had several crashes recently. 

What did you miss?  Most of the US election rubbish, sorry discussions.

Good to see you back

Thank you very much for your response, Karen. :)

I have noticed numerous member issues have arisen since ChuckyG's last modification. The best I can say at the moment to those still experiencing difficulty is to continue to be patient. Any new problems should definitely be reported to ChuckyG or else, how will he know about them, right? Things will surely be resolved.

As far as the US elections rubbish, I can only imagine.  ::)

Have a great day!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/23/04 at 10:01 am

I noticed that you haven't been around. We have missed you. Glad to see you back.

What have you missed? Well let me see, R&R Fan is making a movie about Michael Moore. Marian is producing an Everly Bros. reunion tour. Howard is planning to elope with his new girlfriend and wants to be married by an Elvis impersonator in Vegas. Bobby is going on tour with the World Wrestling Federation. Cheerleader is up for "mother of the year" award. Vile and Rush are in the middle of creating an animal rights community. Carlos has already thrown his hat into the ring for the 2008 presidental race, and I'm going to head the Peace Corps. Just a few of the things you missed.  ;)  

Ok, ok, none of that is true. It just has been the same old, same old. But we did missed you. (And Bobo is doing a great job)

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/23/04 at 10:30 am

Welcome Back, Hairspray! Though our political views differ greatly...I am very happy to see you :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/23/04 at 11:18 am

I noticed that you haven't been around. We have missed you. Glad to see you back.
What have you missed? Well let me see, R&R Fan is making a movie about Michael Moore. Marian is producing an Everly Bros. reunion tour. Howard is planning to elope with his new girlfriend and wants to be married by an Elvis impersonator in Vegas. Bobby is going on tour with the World Wrestling Federation. Cheerleader is up for "mother of the year" award. Vile and Rush are in the middle of creating an animal rights community. Carlos has already thrown his hat into the ring for the 2008 presidental race, and I'm going to head the Peace Corps. Just a few of the things you missed.  ;)  
Ok, ok, none of that is true. It just has been the same old, same old. But we did missed you. (And Bobo is doing a great job)
Cat

ok,that was very entertaining..
welcome back,Hairspray  :)

Written By: Davester on 11/23/04 at 11:24 am

Hiya, Spray!  Good to have you back, we missed you...are you staying long..?

*Tosses Spray a brewski...*

Written By: nally on 11/23/04 at 11:39 am

Hey there, Spray! I didn't even realize you've been away. Nice to see ya back here. :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/23/04 at 1:10 pm

I've missed you, Hairspray!  I'm glad you're back with us...for however long it may be.  :)

Written By: Bobo on 11/23/04 at 1:26 pm

Hi there, Hairspray. It's great to see you back with us after a well-deserved break.

The fort, as you can see, is still here, so that's at least some indication that something's going right!

Thanks for the mention, and all the best for all you have done and all you still have to do.

Whether or not it's been noticed, I've been on an unexpected hiatus. I've missed everyone. These forums (in all their incarnations) have been my second home in one form or another since 1998 and the members my very dear community.

I've also taken very much pride in being the lead moderator and I hope I haven't let any of you down with my absence.

Hey Bobo,

How was it holding down the fort? ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/23/04 at 2:17 pm

Hey, Hairspray! Glad to see you again!

Same old, same old as Cat said!

Tanya

Written By: Marian on 11/23/04 at 3:32 pm

Cat
hee hee,I'd like to see them come to San Jos ;)e again! ;)anyway--welcome back hairspray.Cheers!

Written By: NullandVoid on 11/23/04 at 4:09 pm

Hi Hairspray!! I remember you, do you remember me? I've been here and there myself.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/04 at 6:13 pm

Hey Hairspray long time no see.I'm going out with this girl from my Consumer Support Network.Her name is Robin Brody. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 11/23/04 at 6:24 pm

A very big HELLO to you, Hairspray. I hope you have enjoyed your well-earned rest. It has been interesting (as always) on the boards and Bobo has done a great job in your absence.  :)

As for touring with the World Wrestling Federation - I wish, Catwoman.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/23/04 at 6:42 pm

How was your trip Hairspray?

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/23/04 at 6:47 pm

Vile and Rush are in the middle of creating an animal rights community.

What?! Well...I suppose that would be a good idea since we are both vegetarians. :) It could happen between our budding music career and my various...addictions...;)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Hairspray on 11/23/04 at 10:57 pm

Well hello to you too, Vile!! :P

;)

It really is good to be back though. I seem to do one of these breaks at least once every year. Everything does seem to be in good order today and fortunately no forum issues thus far.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and responses. :)

Written By: Bobby on 11/24/04 at 5:52 am

Well hello to you too, Vile!! :P

;)

Heh heh.  ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 11/24/04 at 7:19 am

Hello and welcome back, Hairspray :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/24/04 at 7:57 am

BIG  Hello to you too, HS  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/24/04 at 8:00 pm

Hello Hairspray. ;)

Howard

Written By: Hairspray on 11/25/04 at 4:33 am

Yeah, you guys and gals rock! 8)

Written By: SI-MAE on 11/25/04 at 11:15 am

BIG  Hello to you too, HS  :)

Or maybe it's like this....

HELLO!!!!!  ;D

Written By: karen on 11/25/04 at 12:18 pm

Or maybe it's like this....

HELLO!!!!!  ;D

Maybe 99pt text was a bit too over the top!  ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/26/04 at 8:25 am

Maybe 99pt text was a bit too over the top!  ;D

Yes  :o  I stayed reserved about it  ;D  Shouldn't wish to have seemed conspicuous  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...