inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Winter Holidays!

Written By: Apricot on 11/25/04 at 10:56 am

I'm getting my father that new Eminem CD and my mother this good pajamas she wanted. I'm hoping to get some Ween and Modest Mouse CDs, maybe a few games for my Gamecube.

What are you doing to celebrate {if at all}? Gifts? Or not? What are you getting if so? What do you hope to get?

Subject: Re: Winter Holidays!

Written By: williamsportian on 11/25/04 at 7:31 pm

I got my mom some new clothes, I'm not sure yet what I'm getting my dad...I hope to get a new and bigger bird cage, some new clothes, a MP3 player, and I new jacket, but I'll probably just get some new clothes and pajamas, which is fine by me. I'm going to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge Tenn. for Christmas, and I hope it snows soon. Cold weathers just not fun until it snows. Happy Thanksgiving, all!
Laura

Written By: Howard on 11/25/04 at 9:00 pm

I don't really celebrate the winter holidays but I may go to Albany to see an old friend,keep on seeing Robin on the weekends and maybe buy some presents. :)

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/26/04 at 12:20 am

I give and receive gifts. I have no clue what to expect.

Tanya

Written By: mandamoo on 11/26/04 at 6:59 am

Summer, with no holidays to speak of here  :(

Written By: Stompgal on 11/26/04 at 7:37 am

I'm going on holiday next month. My family and I are off to Benidorm, Spain. The weather might be sunny, but it will be December.

Written By: karen on 11/26/04 at 7:54 am

We are most likely going to visit my in-laws for Christmas.  My father-in-law doesn't feel well enough to travel (didn't stop them going to Tunisia for a fortnight - but that's another thing >:().  It'll take us 3 or 4 hours to drive down to South Wales.  I'm hoping to finish work a day or so early so we can beat the Christmas rush.

We are also going to Snowdonia for New Year.  We go every year with a group of friends and take over a Youth Hostel for a few days.  We are organising the orienteering event, there will be the obligatory table-tennis competition, probably a pantomime, some carol singing and a big meal followed by party games and fireworks on New Year's Eve.  Then to round it off there's a fell race on New Year's Day up the track and around Llyn Llydaw and back.  I might do the walkers course with the children this year.

I've more or less bought everything for the children (unless Elizabeth's teacher decides to let them write letters to Santa in the last week like last year  ::) ) (and not the rabbit she hinted at yesterday!) but have no idea what t'other half wants or what I might like (have dropped hints about a new handbag though)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/26/04 at 8:15 am

Eh?  Winter?  ???

;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/04 at 1:25 pm

We will start our holidays with Hanakah by lighting the candles (to reconigize my Jewish heritiage). On the 20th of Dec. we will be heading out across country. We will probably be on the road for the Winter Solstice so I probably won't be doing too much for that. Then we will spend Christmas and New Years in L.A. with Carlos' family (Kids, grandkids, sister and father-maybe a cousin or two, don't know yet). We will leave L.A. sometime after the New Year with one of my step-daughters and stop in Tulsa to see some of my family (two sisters, 3 nieces, my grandmother, a cousin and his family) before heading home. Is everyone going to miss us when we go?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Apricot on 11/29/04 at 1:45 pm

I got the CD for my dad, and one for my cousin. Suzanne Vega, it is. Got some more ideas, gotta get 'em.

Written By: Jessica on 11/29/04 at 2:16 pm

We will start our holidays with Hanakah by lighting the candles (to reconigize my Jewish heritiage). On the 20th of Dec. we will be heading out across country. We will probably be on the road for the Winter Solstice so I probably won't be doing too much for that. Then we will spend Christmas and New Years in L.A. with Carlos' family (Kids, grandkids, sister and father-maybe a cousin or two, don't know yet). We will leave L.A. sometime after the New Year with one of my step-daughters and stop in Tulsa to see some of my family (two sisters, 3 nieces, my grandmother, a cousin and his family) before heading home. Is everyone going to miss us when we go?  ;)

Cat

A road trip. How awesome! :) And yeah, it will be kind of dull around here without you guys. :D

We celebrate Christmas. I'm just in it for the food, but I'm sure we'll be getting a few little gifts here and there. I think my mom is buying me practical stuff for the hospital (robe, nightgown, slippers, etc.). As for me, I'll probably make a bunch of sweets and use them as gifts. :)

Written By: MLB on 12/02/04 at 2:54 pm

Cat If the insanity gets to be too much visit the city library in L.A, and surf the computer.  It never hurts to have a backup if the withdrawl gets to be unbearable, of course family and children goin to consideration before your own happiness too (...sigh). SO, right now we(=Southern California) are alternating between sunny days with wind, and rain and Oklahoma apparently already has snow.

Travel safe and "talk at you" later. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/04 at 3:30 pm

Cat If the insanity gets to be too much visit the city library in L.A, and surf the computer.  It never hurts to have a backup if the withdrawl gets to be unbearable, of course family and children goin to consideration before your own happiness too (...sigh). SO, right now we(=Southern California) are alternating between sunny days with wind, and rain and Oklahoma apparently already has snow.

Travel safe and "talk at you" later.   

I don't think it will be bad. I have GREAT in-laws. And knowing my father-in-law, we will be playing poker almost every night. Besides, my sister-in-law has a hot tub that I can always "escape" to. She also has a computer but I'm not too sure if she is on-line or not. She used to be so there may be a chance to stop in and say hello from time to time. And my sister in Tulsa has a computer so, I'm sure I will be able to use it when we get there.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...