inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VH1 Clip Shows (possibly USA only )

Written By: kackythope on 12/09/04 at 9:05 am

I am obesessed with Vh1 nostalgia clip shows!

These are all theme shows in which various entertainers are interviewed about their personal memories about the topic.

I loved "I love the 80s" and the 70's and 90's series that followed.

My favorite show on TV is "VH1 Best Week Ever" a nostalgia clip show, about LAST WEEK , but they don't seem to be able to keep up with making a new one exacty every week, so I often set the timer for it, and end up accidentally taping some replacement show I didn't want to see.

But the new series "My Coolest Years" is so fascinating to me right now. Is anyone else watching it? They're interviewing various entertainers about their high school years. One whole theme was about summer vacation in high school. Henry Rollins talked about how horrible it was to have to go to summer school, and stand at the bus stop every summer morning, other people talked about summer jobs and summer camp. So far my favorite in this series was the one about being a high school "Geek". John Tesh talked about going to school with a band aid on his forhead just to get sympathy, another singer showed off the plywood, rubber pand, and ping-pong ball "pinball machine" he made by himself, back then, with all his spare time.

Does anyone else watch this series?

Subject: Re: VH1 Clip Shows (possibly USA only )

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/09/04 at 1:23 pm

I like clip shows. The only problem I have is when they ask people that were far too young or not even born for commentary. It doesn't make sense.

Tanya

Written By: woops on 12/09/04 at 4:53 pm

I like clip shows. The only problem I have is when they ask people that were far too young or not even born for commentary. It doesn't make sense.

Tanya

It actually does make sense if they watch the repeats or listen to past music...

What about "I Love the 70's", where most of the celebs were either babies or very small children.

Written By: Bobby on 12/09/04 at 7:51 pm

I don't mind them shows but, yes, the idea of a twenty odd year old person remembering something from 1973 puts a strain on my imagination.  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/09/04 at 8:05 pm

It actually does make sense if they watch the repeats or listen to past music...

What about "I Love the 70's", where most of the celebs were either babies or very small children.

I look at Bewitched episodes that doesn't mean I remember the sixties b/c I wasn't born.  I love the Beatles but that doesn't mean I remember watching them on tv for the first time on the Ed Sullivan Show. I may be a fan of the decade, but I wasn't there. So, no, it really doesn't make sense.

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 12/10/04 at 7:07 pm

I may watch shows from the 60's and 70's but I wasn't there to remember them all.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...