inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: holiday music

Written By: Howard on 12/16/04 at 5:17 pm

In your opinon,which holiday during the year do you think radio stations play the most repetitive songs?

I would have to say Halloween & Christmas.

Howard

Subject: Re: holiday music

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/16/04 at 5:30 pm

Mother's Day

Too many songs about mothers, not that I find anything wrong with them.

Written By: Howard on 12/16/04 at 6:12 pm

Halloween:"Monster Mash,Ghostbusters,"Midnight Hour"

Christmas:Feliz Navidad,This Christmas,Do They Know It's Christmas,The Italian Christmas Donkey,Jingle Bell Rock,Santa Claus Is Coming To Town,Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. :P

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/16/04 at 6:13 pm

Mother's Day

Too many songs about mothers, not that I find anything wrong with them.

What about Father's Day? :P

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 12/16/04 at 6:17 pm

I've picked Christmas because they do use the same songs over and over again (Slade, Wizzard, Pogues and The Waitresses are usually popular in stores . . .)

I love them though.  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/16/04 at 6:25 pm

July 4th I would pick as well.How many times do they have to play the same Independence Day songs? ::) :P

Howard

Written By: gord on 12/16/04 at 7:14 pm

I voted for Christmas by a long shot :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/16/04 at 7:23 pm

Has to be Christmas!  :D

Written By: nally on 12/16/04 at 7:27 pm

Christmas for sure. That's gotta be the holiday with the most music! :)

Written By: Paul on 12/17/04 at 7:01 am

Christmas by a long shot - there's marketing for you...

I've picked Christmas because they do use the same songs over and over again (Slade, Wizzard, Pogues and The Waitresses are usually popular in stores . . .)

I love them though.  :D

And you couldn't really imagine Christmas (not in Blighty at least) without hearing Slade or Wizzard at least once...superb...

I draw the line at The Waitresses tho'...!!

Written By: Bobby on 12/17/04 at 7:06 am

And you couldn't really imagine Christmas (not in Blighty at least) without hearing Slade or Wizzard at least once...superb...

I draw the line at The Waitresses tho'...!!

Tee hee. Yes, I think The Waitresses sung something called 'Christmas Wrapping'. I'm not sure if the pun on the word 'wrapping' was accurate. They sounded like Bananarama to me . . .

Have you guys across the pond heard of Wizzard? If not, try to find a copy of 'I wish it could be Christmas everyday' - I recommend it. Roy Wood never looked better with that frosty beard lol.

Written By: joedeertae on 12/17/04 at 8:47 am

Gotta be Christmas! They even start palying Christmas songs during the Thanksgiving holiday. :P
Also, Christmas is the only holiday that I know of that some radio stations change their whole format to Christmas songs for the season.
Which BTW is 8) with me.

Written By: NullandVoid on 12/17/04 at 2:19 pm

I'm gonna have to go with New Years' Folks. Unless I'm missing something it seems like the only song that we have for New Years' is "Auld Lang Syne", I have yet to hear anything else.

Btw, What the heck does Auld Lang Syne mean anyway? That song makes absolutely no sense to me.  I think there are few people on this planet who know ALL of the words to that song. Nothings' funnier than seeing a whole bunch of drunk people slur their way through it.

Written By: Paul on 12/17/04 at 3:54 pm

Btw, What the heck does Auld Lang Syne mean anyway?

I'll hazard a wild swipe at 'old time's sake'...I think it's part Gaelic, blame Robbie Burns (who wrote the words)

That song makes absolutely no sense to me. 

Probably doesn't - unless you're fluent in part Gaelic or au fait with the scribblings of Robbie Burns...

I think there are few people on this planet who know ALL of the words to that song.

If there are, they're probably Scottish...

Nothings' funnier than seeing a whole bunch of drunk people slur their way through it.

Yep...that'll be the Jocks...!!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/17/04 at 7:36 pm

Christmas...I can't really think of songs played on the radio for the other holidays.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/17/04 at 7:57 pm

Christmas!

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 12/17/04 at 8:47 pm

Christmas!

How many times do we have to hear Feliz Navidad,Rudolph,Last Christmas,Do They Know It's Christmas,Christmas Wrapping,Christmas Rappin,Santa Claus,Merry Christmas :P

Howard

Written By: mandamoo on 12/18/04 at 7:01 am

From one who works in a department store, I gotta say Christmas  ::) :)

Written By: Howard on 12/18/04 at 6:48 pm

Has anyone ever heard too many Halloween or July 4th songs? Doesn't that get a bit redundant? ;D

Howard

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/04 at 5:49 am

Christmas!

Written By: Howard on 12/19/04 at 7:20 pm

Does anyone ever hear repeatable Halloween or Independence Day(July 4th songs)?

Howard

Written By: nally on 12/21/04 at 10:04 pm

Has anyone ever heard too many Halloween or July 4th songs? Doesn't that get a bit redundant? ;D

Howard

Well the only Halloween-based songs I can think of right now are "Monster Mash" by Bobby Boris Pickett and "Thriller" by Michael Jackson.

Written By: Howard on 12/22/04 at 5:13 pm

Then you got all those July 4th songs that represent New York City and they play that all day. ::)

Howard

Written By: nally on 12/22/04 at 11:28 pm

Then you got all those July 4th songs that represent New York City and they play that all day. ::)

Howard

I never get to hear those since I'm a California guy. So I don't really know any "July 4th" songs other than the traditional patriotic ones (which can be sung at any time of the year).

Written By: Howard on 12/23/04 at 3:53 pm

I never get to hear those since I'm a California guy. So I don't really know any "July 4th" songs other than the traditional patriotic ones (which can be sung at any time of the year).

I think they played it more on September 11th.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/23/04 at 3:54 pm

Well the only Halloween-based songs I can think of right now are "Monster Mash" by Bobby Boris Pickett and "Thriller" by Michael Jackson.

Ghostbusters-Ray Parker Jr.

Somebody's Watching Me-Rockwell

Howard

Written By: nally on 12/23/04 at 3:58 pm

Ghostbusters-Ray Parker Jr.

Somebody's Watching Me-Rockwell

Howard

Oh yeah... Ghostbusters! You're right. I had forgotten about that one. Is "Somebody's Watching Me" a Halloween-based song too? It does sound kinda spooky, but I didn't know it really had to do with..

Written By: Howard on 12/23/04 at 4:03 pm

Oh yeah... Ghostbusters! You're right. I had forgotten about that one. Is "Somebody's Watching Me" a Halloween-based song too? It does sound kinda spooky, but I didn't know it really had to do with..

I guess.It is a scary song so it could have something to do with Halloween.

Howard

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/08 at 7:02 am

There is nothing like a good scream at Halloween

Written By: Howard on 04/12/08 at 7:41 am

How about Passover music?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/08 at 8:35 am

How about Passover music?
Easter Hymns?

Check for new replies or respond here...