inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Naughty or Nice?

Written By: NullandVoid on 12/17/04 at 11:37 pm

Being that we're so close to Christmas, I was just wondering what kind of Kid were you?

If You were NAUGHTY, how did you earn your stripes? If you don't mind sharing, name one super bad thing that you did as a kid.

If you were Nice, name something you did as kid that made you very proud.

As for me I was good at sneaking around until my mom caught me playing with fire. One night I tried to make a campfire for my barbies out of Pencils and Crisco(makeshift lighter fluid). The campfire started of great until it started to burn into the floortiles. As I was trying to put it out I heard my mom get up. So I then pulled my barbies camping van over the burn mark and threw the evidence, Crisco and all into our linen closet and closed the door-big mistake. My mom obviously smelled the fire and angrily asked me what I was burning. As I was stupidly trying to deny her accusations, smoke began to come out of the linen closet. As it turned out one of the pencils were not completely extinguished and it started smoldering one of the sheets, which then started a small flame. After my mom put the fire out in the closet, she promptly lit one on my butt. I couldn't sit down properly for 3 days afterwards.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Subject: Re: Naughty or Nice?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/18/04 at 10:19 am

I was an angel with horns. The horns were the only thing holding my halo up.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/18/04 at 11:35 am

I was an angel with horns. The horns were the only thing holding my halo up.  ;)

Cat

I second that! I will keep my memories to myself b/c I don't kiss and tell! ;D

Tanya

Written By: Dagwood on 12/18/04 at 3:04 pm

My mom thought I was an angel...I just knew how to get around getting in trouble. ;D

Written By: gemini61 on 12/18/04 at 4:20 pm

I remember a few times I thought I was getting away with things, but found out later, when I was in my 20s & 30s, that mom and dad knew all along! My sister & I would talk about things when we were at family get togethers or whatever, and my parents would say "oh, we already knew about that"!  :o

Written By: Howard on 12/18/04 at 6:35 pm

very naughty! ;)

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 11/26/05 at 10:01 pm

Since it's Christmas and all..

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/05 at 4:38 pm

In my younger days, I was a lil' shıt disturber  ;D

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 5:02 pm

i was nice, but it wasn't for lack of trying to be naughty. :(

as for the crisco-and-barbie mishap, nullandvoid, think of a t.v. show you don't like and say you got the idea from it!  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/05 at 5:08 pm

Accidently broke my mom's favorite Christmas magnet once.

Written By: Morton on 11/27/05 at 5:40 pm

I was a little sh*t when I was younger. According to mother-dearest, I stabbed some kid in the hand with a pencil when I was in Infants school and I was always getting sent out for being disruptive, so I guess I was naughty

But now i've grown up (slightly!) and I guess i'm a pretty nice guy, so i'll be getting everything I wish for  ;) ;D

Written By: Paul on 11/27/05 at 5:42 pm

Oh, being the youngest, I always got away with murder...or something close to it...

...mind you, I did get a severe walloping for cutting the whiskers off my grandma's cat! (Well, the stupid thing sat there and let me do it...!!)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/28/05 at 10:32 am

...mind you, I did get a severe walloping for cutting the whiskers off my grandma's cat! (Well, the stupid thing sat there and let me do it...!!)

ROFL!!!  ;D

Written By: Southern Image on 11/28/05 at 2:15 pm

I was an angel for Santas sake. Other then that..... ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/28/05 at 3:44 pm

Somewhere in the middle.  I wasn't shy about speaking my mind at a very young age, and got
into a few fights, always on the defense though, but that wasn't considered quite ladylike.  I was
very much the tomboy and so sometimes that equated to naughty in the double standard of the
time.  Luckily my family wasn't quite so trussed up about it and I think they actually got a kick out
of it, especially my grandmother, she was very straitlaced but I reminded her of her younger sister
who died young.  In her senile years she would call me by her sisters name.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/05 at 4:04 pm

Very Naughty Boy! ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 11/28/05 at 5:15 pm

Naughty(well, right now. I'm sure Santa doesn't deliver to onan-addicts) ;D

As a kid, I was more nice than naughty, my sister on the other hand. ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/28/05 at 5:44 pm

I was a meanie when I was younger ( I used to cross my arms and say, "I hate everybody"...and i used to tell my grandma, "I don't like you" when I would get mad). I am a lot nicer now! ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/28/05 at 5:54 pm

What is your sister? ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/28/05 at 7:43 pm

I suppose I was nice... mostly

Written By: danootaandme on 11/29/05 at 6:18 am

My sister was, and still is, the nice one in the family and sometimes I wasn't very nice to her.  I
try to make it up to her now  :-[

Written By: Howard on 11/29/05 at 5:08 pm

Nice

Written By: Step-chan on 11/30/05 at 1:35 pm

What is your sister? ;D

My sister is the second born(I'm, of course, the first born. Funny thing is alot of people thought she was older than me). If you mean her astrological sign, she's a Cancer(while I'm an Aquarius). I turned out to be more passive and she was more aggressive. But our sibiling relationship isn't bad(but was alittle rougher when we were young, like it is with alot of kids), we get along now and when compared with my mom's relationship with her brother(they were not close at all), it's actually quite good.

:)

Written By: Howard on 11/30/05 at 4:16 pm

A little bit of both

Check for new replies or respond here...