inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sig Lines! Space back but limited...a compromise

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/20/04 at 2:44 pm

I was just wondering...since many people here have had beautiful animations in thier sig lines. I would love if we could have our space back and have the capability to size our pics from our hard drive. It's an option with the avatars...why not sig line pics. And PLEASE let us know how to resize animated gifs :D I know there are a lot of people who are distracted by some of the sig line pics...I'm just asking for a compromise. Instead of cutting peoples pictures in half....give us an agreed on space and point us to where we can  learn how to resize animations.

Option 3!

Subject: Re: Sig Lines! Space back but limited...a compromise

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/20/04 at 5:14 pm

Don't be upset with me, Mark, but I tend to prefer the signature lines small and less cumbersome.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to upload images from your hard drive, though....provided they're not too overwhelming in size.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/20/04 at 5:27 pm

Don't be upset with me, Mark, but I tend to prefer the signature lines small and less cumbersome.
Never, Karen ;) I appreciate your input...after all I did ask for opinions :) I agree with you but would just add that if we were allowed to post pics from our hard drive it would be nice...THEN we could re size them to fit! Also knowing we could resize animations would be nice as well.

Written By: woops on 12/20/04 at 5:39 pm

Ditto

...and it it takes time for some pics from sig lines to download.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/20/04 at 5:43 pm

Never, Karen ;) I appreciate your input...after all I did ask for opinions.  :)

;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 12/20/04 at 5:44 pm

i'm just thinking that there must be a lot more space consumed by photos in threads like boys in makeup than the space that's taken up by sig lines  :-\\

Written By: nally on 12/20/04 at 5:59 pm

I kinda liked it the way it was...but for me it would probably take a long time to find a skinny picture to put in my sig line (at least one that I like). On the other hand, I myself wouldn't use a really big picture.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/20/04 at 7:00 pm

Ditto

...and it it takes time for some pics from sig lines to download.
All fine and good...but why not alot us a maximum decent amount of space AND...here's the kicker....allow us to upload from our own hard drives so that people are able to resize an images that they want ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/20/04 at 7:12 pm

I say leave it small.  All the big sig lines slow down my computer...plus they are very distracting.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/20/04 at 7:18 pm

I say leave it small.  All the big sig lines slow down my computer...plus they are very distracting.
just a little bigger is all I ask...and the capability to upload from the hard drive. I don't like the huge ones either though I am guilty of using them....sorry :-\\

Written By: PrettyInPink on 12/20/04 at 9:19 pm

...space back AND cooperate with resizing...

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 12/20/04 at 10:01 pm

I liked it the way it was! I want to use my sig lines again!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 12/20/04 at 11:17 pm

I think get the space back and cooperate with resizing..I never liked how big my sig was but I loved the sig itself...

Rio

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 12/20/04 at 11:22 pm

i'm just thinking that there must be a lot more space consumed by photos in threads like boys in makeup than the space that's taken up by sig lines  :-\\

What's wrong with posting pictures? If you don't like them, don't look at the thread! And anyway... what about the "Show Us What You Look Like" thread? Should that go too?

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 12/20/04 at 11:25 pm

What's wrong with posting pictures? If you don't like them, don't look at the thread! And anyway... what about the "Show Us What You Look Like" thread? Should that go too?

Absolutely Vile

Well said Vile! Thats kinda how I was thinking, but I won't say anymore cuz it might not be such a good idea...

Rio

Written By: ktelqueen on 12/20/04 at 11:25 pm

Absolutely Vile

hey,Tara..i was only making a point about size..i have zero problem with any of it..pix/sig lines..whatever..just making reference to the fact that other stuff on the boards takes up lots of room too  :)(i was actually enjoying that thread today btw   ;))

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 12/20/04 at 11:34 pm

hey,Tara..i was only making a point about size..i have zero problem with any of it..pix/sig lines..whatever..just making reference to the fact that other stuff on the boards takes up lots of room too  :)(i was actually enjoying that thread today btw   ;))

I love that thread...as you can plainly see. :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 12/20/04 at 11:34 pm

Thats pretty understandable, I know I can get pretty defensive about things sometimes, and that is my absolute favourite page, I think Vile feels the same way, so thats why that might have been said...no hard feelings!  Btw...Glad you like the thread!!!! :)

Rio

Written By: ktelqueen on 12/20/04 at 11:38 pm

Thats pretty understandable, I know I can get pretty defensive about things sometimes, and that is my absolute favourite page, I think Vile feels the same way, so thats why that might have been said...no hard feelings!  Btw...Glad you like the thread!!!! :)

Rio

if i could master double-quoting,i would so i'll do it the long way around..no prob,ladies..sorry to have ruffled your feathers..believe me,nothing personal..Tara,yes i fully understand how you guys adore that thread and i would never wish for that to be taken away from you guys..Nick Rhodes and John Taylor are my faves from your thread,by the way  8)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/21/04 at 7:21 am

I think what she was saying is that more space is consumed by that thread than all the sigs so what is the big deal about the size of the sigs.  I don't think she was saying there was something wrong with posting pics.

Just how I read it. :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 12/21/04 at 10:27 am

I think what she was saying is that more space is consumed by that thread than all the sigs so what is the big deal about the size of the sigs.  I don't think she was saying there was something wrong with posting pics.

Just how I read it. :)

you got it,Dagwood-exactly right  8)

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 12/21/04 at 10:32 am

you got it,Dagwood-exactly right  8)

Oh OK, I get it now... I agree. (Though I think more space is used up by the "Show Us What You Look Like" thread since there's way more pages of it!)

I don't see the big deal about sig lines. It's a chance to get creative! I agree they shouldn't be TOO big, but not THIS small!!!!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Mona on 12/21/04 at 11:04 am

Distracting??  Isn't that why we are here?  We are bored and want to be distracted?

Written By: joedeertae on 12/21/04 at 2:04 pm

"space back AND cooperate with resizing!"

Written By: stingr22 on 12/21/04 at 5:00 pm

I suppose I'll weigh  in on this.  I don't really have a problem with everyone's individuality - in fact that's one of the things I love about this little "cyber community.  I love all of the many tastes, interests, styles, etc.

But honestly, most of that stuff is ignored anyway.  Whenever you post it for the first time, I notice.  But after that I don't really pay attention.  It just makes the pages bigger and when you're posting 40 times a day, you take up way too much space.  It gets rather annoying to have to scroll through that stuff if I just want to read responses.  I remember when I first got a computer about 10 years ago, I would change my screensaver every day, have sounds for every function, and had more wallpapers than Sherwin-Williams.

Same thing when I did my first webpages.  Once I learned HTML, I had to have sounds, lights, bells, whistles, etc.  After a while it gets a little tiresome to look at.

Nothing personal whatsoever, and no attack on anyone, but I do like it better when I don't have to "move all the fast food bags" to sit in the seat of my car!  ;)

Written By: Mona on 12/21/04 at 6:40 pm

But honestly, most of that stuff is ignored anyway.  Whenever you post it for the first time, I notice.  But after that I don't really pay attention.

When I first read this I was thinking, "That's true, after I've seen it once I don't pay much attention to it."  But then I realized, it isn't only there for me.  There are new people signing up every day and they haven't seen it yet, so I think it should be left there for the newbies.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/04 at 6:54 pm

maybe we should do without gif's and pics.What do you guys think?

Howard

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 12/21/04 at 6:59 pm

maybe we should do without gif's and pics.What do you guys think?

Howard

No.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Howard on 12/21/04 at 7:02 pm

No.

Absolutely Vile

You're right Vile.pictures represent you.I think people could keep the pics but keep it at a small number.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/21/04 at 7:03 pm

Distracting??  Isn't that why we are here?  We are bored and want to be distracted?

yes,I guess so. ;D

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 12/21/04 at 7:26 pm

Distracting?? Isn't that why we are here? We are bored and want to be distracted?

**in my best whiney tone**

But it distracts me from being distracted. ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/21/04 at 7:33 pm

I was just wondering...since many people here have had beautiful animations in thier sig lines. I would love if we could have our space back and have the capability to size our pics from our hard drive. It's an option with the avatars...why not sig line pics. And PLEASE let us know how to resize animated gifs :D I know there are a lot of people who are distracted by some of the sig line pics...I'm just asking for a compromise. Instead of cutting peoples pictures in half....give us an agreed on space and point us to where we can  learn how to resize animations.

Option 3!

That's a good idea.

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/21/04 at 9:23 pm

I just want to thank Chucky for upping the pixels to 100....my kids now have legs...kind of :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/21/04 at 9:40 pm

I just want to thank Chucky for upping the pixels to 100....my kids now have legs...kind of :D

well I emailed you new smaller ones... although it was a yahoo account, I bet you can't receive them... I'll upload it to the server and let you save them... another email on the way...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/21/04 at 9:55 pm

well I emailed you new smaller ones... although it was a yahoo account, I bet you can't receive them... I'll upload it to the server and let you save them... another email on the way...
Thanks so much for all you do for everyone here...past, present and future :) I'll let you know...probably going to be tomorrow though...I'm outta here soon and off to bed :-\\

Written By: Mona on 12/22/04 at 7:55 am

**in my best whiney tone**

But it distracts me from being distracted. ;)
;D

Written By: Howard on 12/22/04 at 5:00 pm

Why is that some pictures get cut off and some aren't? ???

Howard

Written By: nally on 12/22/04 at 11:14 pm

That's a little better...at least I can see both of my dolphins now...and the water that they are jumping in and out of. ;) The height of the picture is 142 pixels (I right-clicked on it and went to "Properties"), so I get to see a bit more than 2/3 of the pic.

Written By: ktelqueen on 12/23/04 at 12:56 am

thanks for the compromise,Chucky  8)

Written By: joedeertae on 12/23/04 at 8:21 am

Thanks Chucky and Merry Christmas. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/23/04 at 12:57 pm

That's a little better...at least I can see both of my dolphins now...and the water that they are jumping in and out of. ;) The height of the picture is 142 pixels (I right-clicked on it and went to "Properties"), so I get to see a bit more than 2/3 of the pic.
Yep, I'm glad to see the dolphins..it almost looks like before :)

Written By: Howard on 12/23/04 at 3:48 pm

I got rid of the guy with the afro and kept the smiley face instead.

Howard

Written By: nally on 12/23/04 at 3:56 pm

Why is that some pictures get cut off and some aren't? ???

Howard

It depends upon their height. If the picture itself (initially) is more than 100 pixels in height, then it will get cut off. To find out how large a picture is, right click on it and go to Properties. The dialog box that comes up will tell you.

Oh, and thank you very much for the compromise, Chucky. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...