inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you think I'm crazy, just don't respond to this post

Written By: Mergal on 12/31/04 at 5:29 pm

First I'm going to apologize because this may REALLY freak some of you out, but I don't know where else to express my opinions on this controversial matter.  Anyway, I'm quite worried about the future (ok maybe I have paranoia)...as a Christian, I believe that Christ will return in the very near future, and I say it will be December 21, 2012 for a number of reasons.

First, the Mayans (known for being very gifted including in the maths and sciences) had their mapped out calendar end on that date. Second, as mentioned in the Bible, Christ will come again, and almost 2000 after his crucifixion it does make sense. Also, I must admit this world to me is getting very ugly with violence, adultery, greed....I could go on---so it makes perfect sense if he returns soon. Third reason, are environmental conditions with global warming (I live in a 46 latitude zone and it's going to go up to T-shirt weather in a few days!!) and that major devastating earthquake in the Far East.  I'm sorry if I've scared some of you, but this is just my view on what might happen for 2012.

Most of you probably think I'm looney by now and I might even be banned from this site, but I just had to express this somewhat anonymously instead of to my acquaintances. I guess we really should try to enjoy each moment on this planet whether good or bad.....

Subject: Re: If you think I'm crazy, just don't respond to this post

Written By: Dagwood on 12/31/04 at 5:44 pm

I don't think this will get you banned, but we do have a political/religion board for this type of discussion.  You will probably get a better response there. :)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 12/31/04 at 5:54 pm

i've been into these armageddon scenarios for years. the mayan date thing is so old hat i don't think the Big G would be so blatent about advertising the end of all time. i collect conspiracies theories like some people collect baseball cards. i read most of whats out there in regards to the end times. as is written in revelations, the time will strike like a thief in the night. so it could be tomorrow or a thosand years from now. there are far too many theories and forecasts to take any of them seriously, so i wont get bent out of shape worrying when the world will end, if ever.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/31/04 at 6:32 pm

I can only offer my opinion. I believe you will not be banned. I don't think you're crazy at all and believe me, if the end of the world comes then, I will have been scrambling around trying to find my true reason for being here in the first place!

Written By: Bobby on 01/01/05 at 5:46 am

Of course you won't get banned, Mercat. In fact, may I congratulate you on expressing your views on the board.  :)

Admittedly, I felt depressed about New Year again but I get like that every year (partially feeling the way you do - growing up with The Jehovah's Witnesses has that effect). Everybody celebrates New Year but, to me, it just emphasises how mortal I am walking along the conveyor belt of life, knowing one day I will drop off the end.

Written By: Mergal on 01/01/05 at 11:30 am

I don't think this will get you banned, but we do have a political/religion board for this type of discussion.  You will probably get a better response there. :)

Thanks for the suggestion----I almost forgot that there's a political/religion board on this site! I'm going to see if I can copy and paste my post on there.

Check for new replies or respond here...