inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Where is my due date buddy Jessica?

Written By: Jennifer028 on 01/02/05 at 4:39 pm

How is the pregnancy going?  I forget but arnt we due the same day?  Or the same week? 

Jennifer (Due 1/26/05 with baby girl!)

Subject: Re: Where is my due date buddy Jessica?

Written By: Jessica on 01/02/05 at 4:54 pm

I'm here, just been very busy lately. :D

I'm due on the 25th, but I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions. Plus, the baby has times where he just wants to punch and kick the cr*p out of me. Sometimes I wonder if I'll even make it to my next doctor's appointment before going into labor. :P

How are you doing? :)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 01/03/05 at 10:45 am

I am good.  I have the Braxton hicks alot too.  Mostly at night.  Almost everytime I bend over or vacuum or something like that.
At my 35 week appt I was 1 centimeter.  I have a 37 week appt tomorrow to check again.  I hope she comes at least a week early.  He said I was measuring a week early.  :)

Have you had an internal yet?  I'm sure people are loving reading this  :P

Written By: Jessica on 01/03/05 at 10:00 pm

I'm sure everyone will forgive us for talking about internals and such. ;D

No internal yet. Probably at my next appointment. IF I make it to that. :D

Tell me how it goes tomorrow. :)

Written By: lorac614 on 01/04/05 at 2:49 pm

I don't mind reading this at all.  I was in your "condition" about 1 year ago.  My baby boy just turned 1 on Jan 2. 

Sending "Labor Vibes" your way!! 

Written By: Jennifer028 on 01/04/05 at 9:32 pm

Well I had my appt today.  I tested negative for group b strep so thats good   :)

I only progressed to 1 1/2 centimeters but at least thats something.  He also said the head dropped some too.  :)

I go back in a week.   :D

Thanks Lorac614 for the labor vibes!  I also have a boy that turns 3 in February.   :)

Written By: karen on 01/05/05 at 3:58 am

My prediction is that Jennifer will "pop" first...sorry Jess, but with it being your first, you're at a disadvantage ;D

I'm hear to say that first children aren't always late.  My daughter was born a few days early.  We wanted her to be born a few days late because my husband was in Brazil the week she was due. Everyone said the first borns are always late but she decided to come 3 days before.

Must be her dad's fault, he was about 2 weeks early!  (and was a first born as well)

Written By: Jessica on 01/05/05 at 2:20 pm

Well I had my appt today.  I tested negative for group b strep so thats good  :)

I got tested for that at my last appointment. They'll have the results next week. :)

My family and I all agree that because the spawn is such a stubborn pain in the a$$ already (he has the habit of kicking hard until someone tries to feel it, then he'll stop), that he'll decide to make his appearance when we have the next big storm. You know, pouring rain, heavy wind, flooding, etc. I think we're getting that next week. :P ;D

Written By: Jennifer028 on 01/22/05 at 11:21 am

She's here! Kendall Elizabeth was born on Tuesday January 18, 2005.

I was induced Tuesday morning at 6 am and got the best epidural at 9 am. I progressed very fast and went from 3 to 4 to 6 centimeters very fast and when she came back to check me a hour and a half later I was 10 centimeters! They had to call the doctor over right away and I started pushing and she was coming right out! So I only pushed maybe 8 sets of three pushes and she was out! I think I had the easiest labor ever! I even got to go home after 24 hours since we were both doing so good and she was born so early in the day. I asked him to try to avoid a episiotomy and he did so I got a small tear but its practically painless.

She was born at 12:15 pm and she weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces. She is 20 inches long.

Only 6 hours of labor  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/05 at 11:30 am

She's here! Kendall Elizabeth Wallace was born on Tuesday January 18, 2005.

I was induced Tuesday morning at 6 am and got the best epidural at 9 am. I progressed very fast and went from 3 to 4 to 6 centimeters very fast and when she came back to check me a hour and a half later I was 10 centimeters! They had to call the doctor over right away and I started pushing and she was coming right out! So I only pushed maybe 8 sets of three pushes and she was out! I think I had the easiest labor ever! I even got to go home after 24 hours since we were both doing so good and she was born so early in the day. I asked him to try to avoid a episiotomy and he did so I got a small tear but its practically painless.

She was born at 12:15 pm and she weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces. She is 20 inches long.

CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME KENDALL!!

I hope mother and daughter are doing well.

Cat

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 01/22/05 at 9:42 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!! I hope you are both doing well!!

I can't wait to have kids of my own someday...honest! ;)

Rio

Written By: Jessica on 01/22/05 at 9:47 pm

Holy cow, how did I miss this? :o

Congratulations and I hope you guys are doing fantastic! :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/22/05 at 9:50 pm

Congratulations, Jennifer!!!  That's wonderful news about your baby daughter!  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/22/05 at 9:54 pm

Congrats on your little girl! (also congrats on the quick labor ;) )

Written By: karen on 01/24/05 at 3:25 am

Congratulations Jennifer!  Hope she isn't causing you too uch lost sleep!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 01/24/05 at 10:04 am

Was your 2nd even earlier?  My first, I went into labor ON my due date (he was born the following morning), my 2nd was 4 days early and my 3rd was 6 days early.  For my 3rd, I was due April 4 and I was soooo paranoid about going into labor on April 1 because noone would've believed me ;D ;D

No my first was born on his own at 39 weeks.  This time I was induced at 39 weeks.  My doctor was going to be out of town on the week of my due date plus the baby was measuring a week early so he went ahead and offered to induced me.  :)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 01/24/05 at 10:05 am

Oh Here's Kendall's hospital pic.  Her hair is so dark she almost looks Chinese to me.  Her eyes look dark but they are blue.

http://www.cyfairhospital.com/CWS/VirtualNursery.aspx?urlid=7W7T5D0U8F

Written By: karen on 01/24/05 at 10:06 am

Was your 2nd even earlier?  My first, I went into labor ON my due date (he was born the following morning), my 2nd was 4 days early and my 3rd was 6 days early.  For my 3rd, I was due April 4 and I was soooo paranoid about going into labor on April 1 because noone would've believed me ;D ;D

My daughter was due on 19th November and she was born on the 16th.  My son was due on 1st Feb and was born on the 28th January, he was earlier by one day.

Written By: karen on 01/24/05 at 10:08 am

Oh Here's Kendall's hospital pic.  Her hair is so dark she almost looks Chinese to me.  Her eyes look dark but they are blue.

What a darling she looks Jennifer.  My son had very dark hair like that when he was born.

What colour eyes do you and your husband have?  Most babies have blue eyes at birth, they change slowly to brown over the next 4-6 months if they are going to change.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/24/05 at 11:29 am

I'm not getting the pic.  :\'(

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/24/05 at 1:15 pm

She's beautiful, Jennifer!  Once again CONGRATULATIONS!!  :)

Written By: Jessica on 01/24/05 at 7:33 pm

She's adorable, Jennifer. :) And look at all that hair!

Maybe sometime I'll be able to show you my son...my fashionably late son. :D

Written By: Jennifer028 on 01/24/05 at 9:23 pm

What a darling she looks Jennifer.  My son had very dark hair like that when he was born.

What colour eyes do you and your husband have?  Most babies have blue eyes at birth, they change slowly to brown over the next 4-6 months if they are going to change.

I have brown hair and hazel eyes and my hubby has brown hair and brown eyes.  So I'm guessing her eyes will change to hazel/brown later just like our 3 year old  :)

Written By: karen on 01/25/05 at 3:29 am

I have brown hair and hazel eyes and my hubby has brown hair and brown eyes.  So I'm guessing her eyes will change to hazel/brown later just like our 3 year old   :)

That's more than likely.  I have brown eyes and my husband has blue eyes.  my two children have brown eyes.  Brown is the dominant gene so it was the most likely outcome.  It depends on the grandparents as well.

Elizabeth's eyes took a long time to change.  Just when we'd decided they'd gone brown someone commented on her deep blue eyes!

Check for new replies or respond here...