inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who a better Daisy duke? Catherine Bach Or Jessica Simpson?

Written By: Ghetto is Back 2k5 on 01/03/05 at 1:05 pm

I dont know about you, but as a man from the south...I just cant imagine any one being Daisy Duke other then Catherine Bach, to me Jessica Simpson will be fake and stupid.....and so will the movie....what do you guys think?

Subject: Re: Who a better Daisy duke? Catherine Bach Or Jessica Simpson?

Written By: woops on 01/03/05 at 3:21 pm

Though I don't like the original sereis & don't care for the remake, Jessica Simpson shouldn't be "acting" in the first place.  :P

Written By: Bobby on 01/03/05 at 3:28 pm

Though I don't like the original sereis & don't care for the remake, Jessica Simpson shouldn't be "acting" in the first place.  :P

Right on, Woops. She should know her role.  :)

Written By: AL-B on 01/03/05 at 3:43 pm

Catherine Bach brought a certain kind of subtle Southern belle charm and sexuality to the role of Daisy Duke, and I don't believe that Jessica Simpson has the capacity nor the depth to recreate that. However, even though I initially thought that a Dukes of Hazzard remake was a terrible idea, after finding out who the director will be I have hope for it and will reserve judgment until it is released and the initial reviews are in. It will be directed by Jay Chandrasekhar (OK, I had to look that up) from the Broken Lizard comedy troupe, best known for "Super Troopers." This was another movie that looked really stupid in the TV ads but I saw it on DVD and it was actually funnier than hell.  So don't count the "Dukes" movie out yet...it has potential.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/03/05 at 4:06 pm

Catherine Bach...although she hasn't aged very well :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/03/05 at 6:16 pm

I'd say Jessica Simpson.  :o

I saw Catherine Bach in a Dukes reunion show a few years back, and she looked like a sack of potatoes shoved into a pair of jeans. Hasn't aged very well.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/03/05 at 6:52 pm

Catherine Bach

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/03/05 at 7:32 pm

Catherine. I agree she hasn't aged well.

Hell, I got her beat by her measurements somewhat: 34-25-40!

Tanya

Written By: Jennifer028 on 01/14/05 at 11:49 am

I like Jessica Simpson, it will be interesting to see  :)

Written By: joedeertae on 01/14/05 at 1:10 pm

I like Jessica Simpson but...
...I just cant imagine any one being Daisy Duke other then Catherine Bach

Although at this point in Ms. Bach's life I would rather see Jessica in them Daisy Duke's! :P

Written By: woops on 01/14/05 at 3:39 pm

IMO, Jessica Simpson fits more into the role of "Kelly Bundy" if there were to be a dumb remake of "Married...with Children"  :D  ::)

Though she probably wouldn't be acting...  :P

Written By: Hairspray on 01/14/05 at 8:24 pm

I agree that Catherine Bach hasn't aged well, but I have to give her kudos for not resorting to the plastic surgery and other fakeness that help most Hollywood people age "well".

Besides, the question wasn't a comparative of the two at their present ages. That would be pointless, as no one wants to see a grandma in her short-shorts. :P

So,

In reference to who's the better Daisy Duke? Well, the original is it. Aside from her persona being Catherine's own creation, right down to her Daisy Duke shorts (her original idea and creation as well), she embodies the subtle sensuality and depth (as AL-B mentioned earlier in the thread) that Simpson could never capture. Plus, most Hollywood sensuality today is represented more as cheap than anything else. If Simpson dyes her hair, she can be a decent look-alike. In my opinion though, that's the best Simpson can hope for.

I also think Bach was much prettier in the face than Simpson. But that's just my opinion.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:i9aU2EH1jpMJ:www.melemarce.com/Miti_passati/Immagini/Catherine_Bach_prima_daisydukes.JPG  http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ur1LSjIZm6AJ:www.jessicasimpson.biz/Pictures/B00005V1WU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpeg

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/15/05 at 8:34 pm

I agree that Catherine Bach hasn't aged well, but I have to give her kudos for not resorting to the plastic surgery and other fakeness that help most Hollywood people age "well".

Besides, the question wasn't a comparative of the two at their present ages. That would be pointless, as no one wants to see a grandma in her short-shorts. :P

So,

In reference to who's the better Daisy Duke? Well, the original is it. Aside from her persona being Catherine's own creation, right down to her Daisy Duke shorts (her original idea and creation as well), she embodies the subtle sensuality and depth (as AL-B mentioned earlier in the thread) that Simpson could never capture. Plus, most Hollywood sensuality today is represented more as cheap than anything else. If Simpson dyes her hair, she can be a decent look-alike. In my opinion though, that's the best Simpson can hope for.

I also think Bach was much prettier in the face than Simpson. But that's just my opinion.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:i9aU2EH1jpMJ:www.melemarce.com/Miti_passati/Immagini/Catherine_Bach_prima_daisydukes.JPG  http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ur1LSjIZm6AJ:www.jessicasimpson.biz/Pictures/B00005V1WU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpeg
Well said, Hairspray :)

Written By: Hairspray on 01/16/05 at 7:50 pm

Well said, Hairspray :)

Thanks. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/09/05 at 11:43 pm

Catherine Bach.

Erin :)

Written By: nondiva234 on 08/10/05 at 12:18 am

For me, in the looks department, Jessica Simpson wins. Her Daisy Dukes are waaaaaaaay shorter than Catherine Bach. But on the acting side, Catherine Bach wins, she was a better actress. Wasn't fake.

Written By: woops on 08/10/05 at 2:58 am

Neither

Can't stand original show and, though I haven't seen the film, I can't stand that "singer/actress"...  :P

Written By: bj26 on 08/10/05 at 7:27 am

Jessica has an overall better bod, but Catherine has better face, legs, personality and brains :)
Agree with Nondiva above, Catherine was a better actress.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/05 at 5:31 pm

Catherine Bach

Check for new replies or respond here...