inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Era for Animation (Cartoons)

Written By: woops on 01/05/05 at 7:09 pm

IMO, the 1940's was the best time for cartoons becasue theatrical animation was at it's best  (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tom & Jerry, etc). The '30's was OK, but even Warner Bros. was still trying to find their style. (Personally, I only like a couple cartoons from the '30's that doesn't have cheesy singing & stuff  :P) Not to mention they were aimed towards both  adults & children. (Though mostly adults where I've read, it's still very debatable thil this day...)

Though it was still good during it's decline in the 1950's with the introduction of television.

IMO, the 1990's was the return of prime time animation (The Simpsons) & cartoons became funny again ("Ren & Stimpy") since the '80's was mostly toy tie ins & "cutesy" garbage... (no offense, I liked some from that decade myself)  8)

Subject: Re: Best Era for Animation (Cartoons)

Written By: gord on 01/05/05 at 7:22 pm

I picked the 40s for Bugs Bunny( I don't think of it being that old)
and the 70s because thats when I was a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons
and then the 90s because of the Simpsons, Beavis & Butthead, Rockos Modern Life, Johney Bravo.
so for me its 40s, 70's & 90s :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/05/05 at 8:23 pm

40s, 70's and 80s.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/05/05 at 8:54 pm

Thanks for a great poll, woops! I chose 40's and 50's for the Bugs Bunny WB...as well as MGM cartoons....a GREAT cartoon called "Rock-a bye Bear"....and the 90's for the Simpsons and Family Guy :)

Written By: elefanten on 01/11/05 at 4:24 pm

The 90's cause of Simpson, Beavis and Butthead, South Park (90's and 00's), but most importent Johhny Bravo!!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 01/12/05 at 9:32 am

1980's!

Check for new replies or respond here...