inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: We're BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/12/05 at 12:50 pm

Did ya miss us?  ;)

The trip was great but the weather was awful. Most of the time we were there it rained, rained, and rained some more. We got to see all the kids and grandkids-Carlos' son we only got to see for a short period of time.  :( The new baby is so beautiful (I will try to post some pics later) and the 16 month old is very smart and kept everyone entertained. The funniest thing was when she took Carlos by the hand and led him to the refridge. He opened it up and she pointed to the whipped cream. (We can thank Carlos' sister for introducing her to the whipped cream.) Of course, she made out like a bandit at Christmas.

We  didn't do the tourist thing because of the weather and only got to use the hot tub twice. The first time wasn't really "hot" because the 16 month old went in with us and we couldn't have it too hot because of her. We played poker almost every night. Whenever we get with Carlos' dad, that is what we do. He LOVES poker and doesn't really have too many to play with.

We stayed with Carlos' sister in L.A. for about a week and then went on to the baby's parent's house in San Bernadino for a few days. In San Bernadino there were a couple of earthquakes but not bad. They happened in the middle of the night-the first one we slept right through and there were two the next night that only woke us up-but no damage (at least not what we could see).

On the way home, we stopped in Tulsa to see my family. We didn't stay too long because by this time, we were very anxious to get home. Carlos' youngest daughter was with us and it gave her an oppertunty to get to know one of my sisters and one of my nieces who she met at our wedding but didn't get a chance to really get to know them and to meet another sister, two of my nieces, my grandmother, cousin and his family. We also introduced her to my grandmother's "infamous" cookies.  :)  I was really glad that she was with us because she helped out with the driving. Since I don't drive, it gave Carlos a break. When we left Tulsa, we drove straight through. The two of them took turns driving/sleeping. I was the "keep awaker"-making sure whoever was driving kept awake. So I didn't get much sleep. We managed to miss all the weather problems on the road. So now we are safe and sound and HOME!! The cats have been all over us since we got home. I think they missed us just a little. And now it is time to get caught up with everything and start the renovations on the house.

Yeah, we have been having message board withdrawals. So what has been going on here? I hope you all have been behaving yourselves.  ;)

Oh Auntie Em, There is no place like home.

Cat

Subject: Re: We're BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!

Written By: nally on 01/12/05 at 1:49 pm

Welcome back, CatwomanofV! I hope you had a nice holiday. I hear you had some rain; we did too! In fact, there was a mudslide in a community just a few miles from where I live. But the rain's all gone now. ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/12/05 at 2:19 pm

Great to have  you back!!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/12/05 at 2:31 pm

And it's about damn time too.  Remind me to tell you about Lowell, the Mills and Kerouac, you can't beat it.
I am, again, rushing out. this time to take Jake to the orthodontist, he is excited about getting braces, that excitement will last until next month when he actually has to wear them.  Miss you guys!

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/12/05 at 3:35 pm

Welcome back,Cat  :)

Written By: gemini61 on 01/12/05 at 4:12 pm

Welcome Back!! Glad you had a great holiday with the family  :)

Written By: SuperFreak on 01/12/05 at 4:56 pm

Hi Cat! I hope you both had fun :)

Written By: Howard on 01/12/05 at 5:05 pm

Hi Cat.Hope you had a nice trip with Carlos.How is everything? :)

Howard

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/12/05 at 5:34 pm

Hi guys,
We missed you all too.  It was a fun trip, but its great to be home.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/12/05 at 5:48 pm

Welcome back, Cat and Don!  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/12/05 at 5:57 pm

Hi guys,
We missed you all too.  It was a fun trip, but its great to be home.

That's great.Hope you plan to stay with the messageboard. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 01/12/05 at 6:18 pm

It's brilliant that you have had a lovely holiday, Cat (despite the weather - and the earthquakes  :o).

We have all missed you.  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/12/05 at 6:25 pm

I missed you. :) Welcome Back. ;)

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 01/12/05 at 7:09 pm

the 16 month old is very smart and kept everyone entertained. The funniest thing was when she took Carlos by the hand and led him to the refridge. He opened it up and she pointed to the whipped cream. (We can thank Carlos' sister for introducing her to the whipped cream.) Of course, she made out like a bandit at Christmas.

Sounds like she has Grandpa wrapped around her little finger. :)

Welcome back, Cat and Carlos.  We did miss you.

Written By: gord on 01/13/05 at 5:23 am

Welcome Back :)

Written By: Paul on 01/13/05 at 7:06 am

Welcome back Cat & Don - sounded like a wonderful trip...

And as for behaving ourselves...well, you should know us better...!!

Written By: Jessica on 01/13/05 at 3:52 pm

Glad you two are back and that you had fun...except for the rain. :P

Written By: jaytee on 01/13/05 at 9:09 pm

Nice to have you guys back. :)

Written By: Hairspray on 01/14/05 at 1:38 am

Bienvenidos!! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/05 at 11:49 am

Thanks everyone.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...