inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Episodes

Written By: Harmonica on 01/15/05 at 4:08 pm

I was talking with a friend of mine the other day in my dorm room, we were remeniscing about the past and TV shows and our favorite episodes from those shows. So I decided to do that on here as well.

Pick any TV show(s) that you want and tell me your favorite episode from that show and why.

Certainly does not have to be from this list, but incase your drawing a blank I'll give you some possible suggestions.

No one likes to read 10 pages worth of material so I only posted one TV show for right now....

The Adventures of Pete and Pete   -  I have two here. The episode of The icecream guy. I believe his name was Mr. Icey or something of the sort. He whore an suit that made him look like an ice cream cone. The older Pete was trying to find out who he really was and what in the world became of him during summer. Pete never did find out, and I like this episode because it reminds me that somethings will forever go unknown. 
The other episode inwhich I enjoyed a lot was the one where the younger pete heard a song and wanted to hear it again but no one would play it so he started up a band and did a live by request hoping someone would request the song.  I didn't know it at the time but every song he sang was written by Polaris which is the same band that does the Pete and Pete theme song, "Hey Sandy".

Subject: Re: Favorite Episodes

Written By: woops on 01/15/05 at 4:40 pm

1. "South Park"...When Cartman does something siniste to Scott Tennorman...

2.  "Drawn Together"... When Princess Clara's monster is exposed and she tries to find 'Prince Charming' to break the evil spell...

3. "Gidget"... when she has a crush on a surfer who turns out to be one of her teachers

4. "Ren & Stimpy"... When Ren & Stimpy  stages a 'cat & mouse chase' to get food

5.  "Beavis & Butt-Head"... When Beavis & Butt-Head washes Mr. Anderson's dog

7. "Married...with Children"...Two part episode with the Bundys with Marcy & Jefferson trying to find gold

8. "Family Guy"... When The Griffins visit New York when Brian becomes sort of a celebrity

9. "That 80's Show"... when a cute/perky  show tunes fan play mind games with record store owner Margaret when she doesn't want to refund the scratched records (taped it)

10. "Perfect Strangers"... Don't remember much of the episode, but they ended up as babies some how...

11.  "Do Over"... When he becomes a musician by singing a Green Day song from the 'future' (This show was about a man who gets trapped inside his teenage body in the early 1980's)

12. "The Simpsons"... When Bart wants to skateboard across a gorge (This predated "Jack_ss" by 10 years)

Written By: Harmonica on 01/16/05 at 12:07 am

I vaugely remember the Perfect strangers episode as well.

And the simpsons episode you talked about is one of my favorite too. I love how The ambulance takes off and Homer goes flying out the back and down, going, "doh..doh..doh" all the way.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/16/05 at 4:26 pm

South Park when they featured Michael Jackson and his face falling apart ;D

M*A*S*H-When they "crated" Frank while he was asleep.

Magnum P.I.-When Thomas gets stranded at sea on July 4th and has to survive overnight for help. He flashes back to his father teaching him to tread water when he was little and his fathers funeral.

South Park....Babara Steisand comes to town as a monster (Not much of a stretch).

Simspons....from 1992-Famous baseball players join the nuclear plants softball team

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/16/05 at 5:54 pm

Family Ties - when Uncle Ned smacks the crap out of Alex

Cosby Show - when they sing "Nite and Day" to the grandparents for their anniversary

Beverly Hills 90210 - The prom episode

South Park - Michael Jackson! 'Nuff said

Married with Children - when Al's mom is a phone-sex operator that turns all of Al's friends on. Hilarious!

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/16/05 at 6:48 pm

South Park - Michael Jackson! 'Nuff said

Tanya

;D

Written By: woops on 01/16/05 at 8:42 pm

I also like the "http://www.barbrafile.com/60.jpg" episode of South Park when Robert Smith defeated her...  :D

Another "Married...with Children" episode I like was thw holiday episode that spoofed "It's A Wonderful Life" with Sam Kinison as the Gaurdian Angel...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/16/05 at 8:50 pm

I also like the "http://www.barbrafile.com/60.jpg" episode of South Park when Robert Smith defeated her...  :D

Sure enough, woops ;D ;)

Written By: Harmonica on 01/17/05 at 9:47 am

I never caught much of south park, we didnt' get comedy central in my town until 2003.

I'll post a new show now.

The Wonder Years - The final episode with Kevin's math teacher. The teacher thinks that Kevin can do well in math if he'd just apply himself and get a little exta help. He encourages Kevin and offers to help him after school with his math exam. Kevin befriends his teacher and grows into a special relationship with him. But one day the teacher does not show up for their meeting and it goes on like this for a while. Kevin feels betrayed and feels that his teacher no longer cares about him or his grade, so to show that he doesn't care anymore either, he purposely fails the math exam.  Kevin comes back after the weekend break to find out that his teacher had passed away. He was dying of cancer and missed the appointments because he had checkups at the hospital. A guilt trip hits Kevin and he retakes the exam Acing it, and pictures the Teacher telling him good job or something like that at the end of the episode and he say's, "thank you Mr.(I forget his name).

Rock n Roll fan - Hey I don't say much to you on here, I always mean too. I enjoy reading your post and seeing your views and opinions on things.  I thought I'd just say that to you because theirs been times where you've said things to me and i didn't respond. 

Written By: nally on 01/25/05 at 4:34 pm

Simpsons....from 1992-Famous baseball players join the nuclear plants softball team

I remember that episode so well. It wasn't my absolute favorite one, though. I did like other eps from 1989-93, including the one where Mr. Burns longed for his stuffed teddy bear and interrupted all the TV programs to tell Homer to give it to him. That was funny. Also, any ep where Bart made a crank call to Moe's Tavern.

Written By: AL-B on 01/25/05 at 6:31 pm

My favorite Simpsons episode is the one where Smithers has a nervous breakdown on the job and Burns orders him to take a vacation, and Homer takes over as Burns' assistant. It's my favorite in part because it has so many plot twists and turns (making it seem longer than other episodes, but mainly because Homer punches both Burns AND Smithers in the face in the same episode.

I also like the one where George Bush (the First) moves into the house across the street.  ;D

Written By: nally on 02/01/05 at 11:19 am

My favorite Simpsons episode is the one where Smithers has a nervous breakdown on the job and Burns orders him to take a vacation, and Homer takes over as Burns' assistant. It's my favorite in part because it has so many plot twists and turns (making it seem longer than other episodes, but mainly because Homer punches both Burns AND Smithers in the face in the same episode).

I remember that one somewhat.

I also like the one where George Bush (the First) moves into the house across the street.  ;D

That one was funny. When George started being mean to Bart, Homer tried to get back at him, doing all kinds of things to torture him. Ultimately, the Bushes moved out and I think former president Ford moved in at the end. Not a favourite, but funny nonetheless.

Anyway...on to my personal favorite eps of various shows...

"Saved By The Bell"...the Malibu Sands episodes (there were six of them). The gang got summer employment at a beach club owned by Mr. Carosi, who at first got on everybody's case. His daughter Stacey (played by Leah Remini) flew out for the summer, and Zack had a crush on her. They eventually became friends, but had to part at the end of the sixth episode when the summer was over.

"Family Matters"...Laura and a hot-shot girl were vying to be student body president, and the hot-shot girl, Cassie, was digging up dirt on Laura when Steve Urkel caught her falling off the stool. Eddie and Urkel got back at cassie when Eddie took pictures of Steve pretending to make out with her (that was my favorite segment of that ep). Laura won the race by 32 votes.

I will post more favorites later.

Written By: neebs25 on 02/02/05 at 11:21 am

Don't you guys think it's funny that Mr.Burns never remembers who Homer is?  I always get a kick out it when he asks Smithers who that man is. ;D

Written By: nally on 02/02/05 at 6:14 pm

Another "Saved By The Bell" episode that I found funny was an early one, where Screech tutored Kelly in science. This upset Zack and Slater, because they thought Screech was falling for Kelly. The funny part is when Screech was in Mr. Belding's office: Belding was asking Screech a series of questions which Screech thought were related to the test, but Belding assumed Screech was in love with Kelly, because then Belding said: "Screech, you can't elope!", to which Screech replied, "Who are you calling a cantaloupe, you melonhead?" :D

Written By: whistledog on 09/28/06 at 4:56 am

Perfect Strangers - When Larry and Balki finally married Jennifer and Mary-Ann and had settled into their new house, they decided to build a Gazebo in their backyard, and had such a clumsy time doing so, the whole episode was filmed in the style of a classic Laurel and Hardy film

Mama's Family - When Vint informs the family that they've been accepted to be contestants on Family Feud, Mama was hesitant to do it, cause she wasn't too crazy about Richard Dawson's fast lips, but she eventually agreed, and upon getting a kiss from him on the show, she was like "Well that wasn't so bad" :D

Mama's Family - When Iola tries out to be a contestant on Jeopardy!, Mama tags along, and ends up shouting out so many correct answers, the judges like what they see, and make Mama a contestant.  When she appears on Jeopardy!, all of the categories are full of answers she doesn't know, and ends up being all sarcastic to the other contestants

Golden Girls - When Dorothy learns that Jeopardy! auditions are coming to Miami, she plans to try out, but ends up getting so nervous, she has a bizarre dream that she was on Jeopardy! competing against Rose and Charlie Dietz, and that all the questions were about Saint Olaf and Playboy Playmates

Three's Company - When Terri brings her Psychologist friend (played by Jeffrey Tambor) to the apartment, Jack and Janet misunderstand and think he is a patient of the psychiactric ward.  This man has had a long day, and as he unwinds, it only furthers Jack and Janet's suspicion.  At one point, Jack offers him some crackers, and at another point, when the doctor is sad because his watch doesn't work, Jack looks at it and says "Well, here's your problem.  You have a screw loose" ;D

Mork and Mindy - When Mindy takes her record player in to be repaired, it "gets fixed", but ends up still broken.  Realizing that she got ripped off, Mork springs into action, and sneaks into the Repair shop and makes all the appliances and electronic devices come to life to scare the hell out of the Repair guy, and make him do right of his wrongs

Mork and Mindy - When Mindy attempts to sell her childhood home, her and Mork discover that it is haunted by ghosts.  In the scene where the sheet flies off the couch, if you look close, you can see the thin wire that pulls it off

Written By: Apricot on 09/28/06 at 7:28 pm

The Scott Tenorman South Park stands as one of the most brilliant inventions of our lifetime.. although my favorite was the one where the word 'sh-t' appeared on television and therefore became acceptable, and brought about the Black Plague again.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/28/06 at 7:47 pm

I LOVE the Mama's Family episode where they go to Hawaii (or as Mama would pronounce it...Hawaya)....

I also like the Brady Bunch episode of where they go to Hawaii....hmm....I am seeing a theme here. :D ;D

Written By: spaceace on 10/01/06 at 10:45 pm

Favorite Monkees episode  "I was a teenage monster"    Favorite Simpsons episode- the one with Paul and Linda McCartney  Favorite Married With Children- When Kelly lands a modeling job, invents the "Bundy Bounce" only to have another girl steal her ideal. :)

Written By: nally on 10/01/06 at 10:55 pm

"Friends"...there's the ep when Rachel inadvertently kisses her job interviewer...but the part I like best is when Joey tries to find a "hot girl" who waved at him at the beginning of the episode. So he goes over to the building to try to find her apartment, but keeps ending up at Ross's apartment. When he finally goes to the correct one, Ross answers the door and Joey freaks out again. That's because Ross ended up meeting the "Hot Girl" and asked her out on a date.
When Joey went to the building for the second time, I thought that was hilarious. Dammit! Did you move? Yes, I lived with you guys for a while and then I moved here. I'm Ross. So he knocks on the next two doors and is unsuccessful.

Written By: Schillingfan on 10/01/06 at 10:58 pm

South Park- I love quite alot of them, same goes for The Simpsons

Written By: mugg on 10/02/06 at 9:35 am

South Park - The Crocodile Hunter episode where he want's to piss off all the animals by jaming his thumb up their bums, the accent was perfect

Written By: nally on 11/17/06 at 11:59 pm

South Park- I love quite alot of them, same goes for The Simpsons

I think there are only one or two eps of South Park that I actually liked. :-\\

Written By: Abix on 11/20/06 at 2:51 am

South Park- Red Hot Catholic Love
South Park- Cartman joins Nambla
South Park- Starvin Marvin

The Simpsons - When Homer goes to Rock n Roll Camp (Mick and Keith, Elvis Costello, Tom Petty were among the instructors)
The Simpsons- When Homer is trying to gain weight to get on medical disability so he can work from home.. LOL.. I LOVE that one! he's wearing a flowered muumuu and has the little red woodpecker dipper thing tapping the keyboard so he can go to the movies.. Classic!

Seinfeld- When George is being set up on a date with Elaine's friend, and he starts asking if she has a nice blush to her cheek, he likes a 'pinkish hue'. 
Seinfeld - The Marine Biologist one is great. "The Sea was angry that day, my friends"
Seinfeld- George pretending to be handicapped so he can have his own bathroom at work.
Seinfeld- The Contest is classic
Seinfeld- When Kramer and his little buddy (the midget) , are both trying out for auditions to perform as patients presenting symptoms to medical students.

Written By: whistledog on 11/20/06 at 3:58 am

The Nanny - When Shari Lewis agrees to work with Maxwell on a movie project, things get hectic when Chester (the dog) eats Lambchop ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/20/06 at 5:27 am

Hawk, the Slayer's Favorite TV Show Episodes- Volume I!

DOCTOR WHO (Sylvester McCoy)- "Time & The Rani".
This episode introduces Mr. McCoy as the Doctor's 7th incarnation. The Doctor is portrayed as a cosmic genius, with a penchant for music hall-styled thinking. Still recovering from post-regenerative amnesia, he misstates famous quotes. Example: "Well, that's like saying that the faster the fat man runs, the fatter he'll get." He also cracks me up, when he uses handheld repair tools as spoons, and proceeds to play them on his knee, and elbow, and forearm...and the Rani, who shows no appreciation of the Doctor's humor. And the story is abou tthe Doctor trying to foil an experiment of the Rani's.

REN & STIMPY- The now-famous wrestling episode, featuring "Mad Dog" Hoek (Ren) & Killer Kadoogan (Stimpy), vs. World Tag Team Champions Lump & Loaf Lout- The Lout Brothers! Classic laffs!

BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD- The episode where they have to appear on a television show about troubled youth. Two rather attractive-yet-loose gals invite the Dimwitted Duo for sex under the bleachers, but as usual, they are too excited to make it there, and end up losing to the cameraman & key grip. Beavis proceeds to melt down & gets beaten up by the producer of the show.

THE SIMPSONS- The Who are coming to town, just as Springfield divides itself into 2 halves: Old Springfield, and New Springfield. The Wall Of Garbage is erected, and Homer, as mayor of New Springfield, cons The Who to play in his half. The episode ends up with Pete Townshend, and the volume of his mighty Fender, destroying the wall with sheer musical force. The city reunites, and everyone jams down, for a glorious smoking finish.

HERMAN'S HEAD- Herman (WIlliam Ragsdale) moves into an apartment with his best friend, reporter Jay Nichols (Hank Azaria). Herman has a crack at becoming a journalistic writer, with a deadline on a story written by a hockey player. However, Jay begins to drive Herman crazy, and breaks his typewriter. Herman moves out, and to compensate for it all, Jay writes the story for Herman. Watch for the lines about the contortionist!

2nd Volume coming soon!

Written By: Step-chan on 11/21/06 at 11:43 am

1. American Dad- the episode that dealt with sex education and Stan *ahem* finding himself.  :D

Written By: spaceace on 11/21/06 at 4:03 pm

Some more of my favorite episodes.

Ren&Stimpy- The Cousin Sven episode
Little House On The Prarie- The what if episode of Nellie Olsen's death (Laura's nightmare)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/21/06 at 9:33 pm

The Office 

One of my favorite shows, the episode than the vending machine prank, is pne of my favorites.

Buffy, The Vampire Slayer

The episode in which Cordelia wishes that Buffy wasn't around, and ends up in a reality where Willow and Xander are vampires.
The episode where Willow meets Vampire Willow.
An episode in which the gang battles a fear demon.
The creepy episode, when no one can talk at alll.

Ren and Stimpy

The Cousin Sven episode that was mentioned.
The Happy Happy Joy Joy episode.
Space Madness !!!!
The Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen

And many others...

Written By: Abix on 11/22/06 at 12:43 am

Beavis and Butthead- I liked the one where they were going to some rock concert and standing in line with these groupie chicks, thinking they were gonna score.. and then I think Beavis had to use the portapotty and someone tipped it over and Beavis rolled down the hill inside it... Silly, but hilarious.

Check for new replies or respond here...