inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: favorite Spielberg movie

Written By: gord on 01/17/05 at 2:18 pm

List your favorite if I missed it. Mine is Jaws :)

Subject: Re: favorite Spielberg movie

Written By: joedeertae on 01/17/05 at 2:36 pm

Poltergeist... :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/05 at 4:12 pm

CE3K

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/05 at 4:14 pm

Poltergeist... :o

The director of Poltergeist was Tobe Hooper; with Steven Spielberg as co-producer and co-writer only.

Written By: Bobby on 01/17/05 at 4:19 pm

Poltergeist

Written By: Useless on 01/17/05 at 4:49 pm

ET

Written By: gord on 01/17/05 at 4:58 pm

The director of Poltergeist was Tobe Hooper; with Steven Spielberg as co-producer and co-writer only.

my mistake, I thought he directed it :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/05 at 5:03 pm

my mistake, I thought he directed it :)

I always remember that for when the family and I all went to Poltergeist, the pre-talk before the film start was of Tobe Hooper's "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".

Written By: sputnikcorp on 01/17/05 at 5:51 pm

close encounters followed closely by saving private ryan.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/17/05 at 6:30 pm

Jurassic Park

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/17/05 at 7:45 pm

Jaws, followed by the Color Purple

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 01/17/05 at 8:06 pm

ET
Hook

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/17/05 at 8:21 pm

His FIRST movie from 1971....."Duel"....that truck STILL scares me! And I have tried for years to find a picture of the actor who played the truck driver, with no luck......help....anyone!!???

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/17/05 at 9:05 pm

I picked Minority Report, because it was edgier filmmaking for Spielberg.
BTW, Tobe Hooper is credited for directing Poltergeist, but I believed Spielberg finished when Hooper was fired with about a third of the film left to make.  :-\\

Written By: zcrito on 01/18/05 at 12:09 am

His FIRST movie from 1971....."Duel"....that truck STILL scares me! And I have tried for years to find a picture of the actor who played the truck driver, with no luck......help....anyone!!???

I thought it was just (just?) a stunt driver.
???

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/05 at 3:00 am

Jaws, followed by the Color Purple

Tanya

Just realise I have never seen The Color Purple.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/18/05 at 9:39 pm

I thought it was just (just?) a stunt driver.
???

I don't know about that....I just saw his name in the credits and would like to  put a face to the name :-\\

Written By: sputnikcorp on 01/18/05 at 10:07 pm

I don't know about that....I just saw his name in the credits and would like to  put a face to the name :-\\

because i like to search the 'net for odd things i tried to find a pic of that stunt actor. his name is carey loftin. other than being a stunt man in dozens of movies, i couldn't find a pic. i came across interviews he done, especially about the work he did in 'bullit' but no pic...

Written By: NbC on 01/19/05 at 12:21 am

So many that I like....at the moment I will pick Close Encounters of the Third Kind. 

Written By: joedeertae on 01/19/05 at 6:19 am

Found this on the Harvey Parry page @ TVTome. One of these guys is Carey Loften... just not sure which one. :-\\

http://tinyurl.com/3ntdl
Peter Gunn ep Letter of the Law. Harvey Parry as one of DeSantis' (Lewis Charles) henchman, the other is Carey Loftin.

Written By: Stompgal on 01/19/05 at 6:31 am

Out of the list, ET. But I also like Catch Me If You Can.

Written By: zcrito on 01/20/05 at 10:59 pm

Other.

Steven Spielberg was at his best in the '70s.

I like 'em in this order...

1. Duel (1972)
2. Jaws (1975)
3. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

:)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 01/21/05 at 6:06 am

Other - "Duel"

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/08 at 6:47 am

I hope the new Indiana Jones film will be a good (favourite) movie

Written By: Howard on 04/05/08 at 6:49 am

ET.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/05/08 at 8:56 pm

out of the ones listed, Schindler's List

Written By: whistledog on 04/05/08 at 9:06 pm

of movies he directed, my favourite is 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.

Of ones he produced, it has to be the 'Back to the Future' troligy, followed by 'Young Sherlock Holmes' and 'The Goonies'

Written By: audkal on 04/05/08 at 9:06 pm

Jurassic Park followed by the Indiana Jones movies.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/05/08 at 9:25 pm

E.T.

It was the first movie that made me cry as a kid. I just remember being 6 years old and sitting in the gym with the rest of my first grade class and watching the movie on tape and BAWLING when ET died in the plastic air tent. Man, that was movie. I loved it. And I have to see it everytime they show it on tv. I even have a small picture of ET on the wall in my room (It's from an old issue ofEbony magazine and Michael Jackson is hugging the alien.)

Butit's an awesome movie.

A close second is Hook.

Written By: Tia on 04/06/08 at 1:20 am

texas chainsaw massacre director tobe hooper did poltergeist. spielberg produced it, i'm pretty sure on that. i've been thinking more about poltergeist lately, that's a flick i like to watch once every few years, it's very, very very awesome.

my favorite just has to be CE3k. but i really was a big fan of saving private ryan, if i'd known the results before i voted i woulda voted for it just to even it up some more. i think pvt ryan is his second best.

honorable mention to minority report. and i actually liked AI quite a lot. i think im the only guy in the world who did.

Written By: gibbo on 04/06/08 at 1:48 am

I went with Raiders but I also really liked Duel. I don't believe we ever saw more than his left arm and boots in that film.......

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/06/08 at 3:12 am

I went with Raiders but I also really liked Duel. I don't believe we ever saw more than his left arm and boots in that film.......
::) I'm sure you know this, but you just replied to a post that's over 3 years old and to a member no longer here,   but it's the thought that counts  ;D

"this means something"

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020t3hfhHfgwA8hyjzbkF/SIG=1370abmjq/EXP=1207555831/**http%3A//datacore.sciflicks.com/close_encounters/images/close_encounters_large_10.jpg

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020xKhPhHahIBoqCjzbkF/SIG=128g7akqk/EXP=1207555530/**http%3A//static.flickr.com/92/239005622_6cdd0ed9e7.jpg

Written By: gibbo on 04/06/08 at 3:53 am

::) I'm sure you know this, but you just replied to a post that's over 3 years old and to a member no longer here,   but it's the thought that counts  ;D

"this means something"

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020t3hfhHfgwA8hyjzbkF/SIG=1370abmjq/EXP=1207555831/**http%3A//datacore.sciflicks.com/close_encounters/images/close_encounters_large_10.jpg

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020xKhPhHahIBoqCjzbkF/SIG=128g7akqk/EXP=1207555530/**http%3A//static.flickr.com/92/239005622_6cdd0ed9e7.jpg

As usual...didn't have a clue... ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/08 at 5:01 am

out of the ones listed, Schindler's List
I still wish to see that, but it is too long.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/06/08 at 11:48 am

As usual...didn't have a clue... ;D
no clue Peter?  you've seen Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, haven't you? The scene where Richard Dreyfuss is having dinner with his family and then he starts sculpting his mashed potatoes to look like that mountain in Wyoming, the Devil's Tower. 

my favorite Steven Speilberg movie is CE3K

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/08 at 11:53 am

no clue Peter?  you've seen Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, haven't you? The scene where Richard Dreyfuss is having dinner with his family and then he starts sculpting his mashed potatoes to look like that mountain in Wyoming, the Devil's Tower.  
One of the little kids at the dinner table says "I want what Daddie's having!"

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/06/08 at 11:57 am

One of the little kids at the dinner table says "I want what Daddie's having!"
;D  I need to watch that again and listen for that line.  so how did a complete nobody get chosen to be a witness to thew landing? I guess it was just random chance when he was out working late and got zapped with the UFO lights in his truck. they then implanted the image of the Devils Tower in his brain.  Lucky!

"And the visions that were planted in my brain, still remain" 

Written By: whistledog on 04/06/08 at 11:58 am

texas chainsaw massacre director tobe hooper did poltergeist. spielberg produced it, i'm pretty sure on that. i've been thinking more about poltergeist lately, that's a flick i like to watch once every few years, it's very, very very awesome.

Its often been said though that Speilberg stepped in and directed most of it

Written By: gibbo on 04/06/08 at 10:43 pm

my favorite Steven Speilberg movie is CE3K

No...I knew what movie it was....I had "no clue" that this was an old thread ..... defunct (or was) . ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/07/08 at 1:54 am

Catch Me If You Can is another favourite of mine, but originally SS was not to direct it, only to produce the movie.

Check for new replies or respond here...