inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most Hilarious Comedy Scene in a Movie

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/05 at 7:57 am

What is your all-time most hilarious moment in a comedy movie?  Here are a couple of mine:

Animal House-The scene where Bluto is in the cafeteria line, eating a whole hamburger with one bite, or inhaling that lime Jello.

Booty Call-When Jamie Foxx nearly suffocates himself by wrapping his head with Saran Wrap.  And the scene where the local preacher comes in to the convenience store to buy a pack of "Goodyears".

Both these scenes left me in tears.  ;D :\'( ;D

Subject: Re: Most Hilarious Comedy Scene in a Movie

Written By: gord on 01/23/05 at 8:56 am

A couple that come to mind are from 'The Blues Brothers'

One is when Jake & Elwood go to see the penguin and she ends up slapping the crap out of them with a pointer. The other is when they are in the resturant, " how much for the little girl " , classic scene ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/23/05 at 1:15 pm

Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura where he bends over and starts talking out of his butt while he says "May I A-S-S you a question,Would you happen to have any binaca"? ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/23/05 at 1:33 pm

Athur-Arthur is having dinner with Susan..the cool he doesn't want to be with. He has his drink on his plate and she says "A Real woman could stop you from drinking" and he replies "It'd have to be a real Big woman!" ;D

Dumb And Dumber-After Loyd pulls a prank on  the wanna be tough guy trucker, he an Harry are  driving away fast...Harry praises Loyd for his ingenius plan and asks how he came up with it. Loyd tells HArry that he saw it on a movie once and laughs. Harry then asks Loyd, "So they did it and got away scott free?" Loyd "No, in the movie they catch up to him half mile down the road and slit his throat...it was a good one!" Then Loyd asks Harry to pull over so he can pee
;D

Written By: Billy Florio on 01/23/05 at 7:38 pm

hmmm...Im bound to forget something

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: THe bridge of death scene

The Jerk: "Someone's trying to kill these cans!  Stay away from the cans!"

Horse Feathers: THe classroom scene

M*A*S*H: "Oh my God they shot him!"

Sleeper: The future people are showing Woody Allen the video of Howard Cosell "We figured this was some kind of thing people watched for torture"  "Yes, yes it is"

Love and Death: When a young Boris askes the Priest what a Jew is

Wet Hot American Summer: The hour they go to town

Spaceballs: "Whats the combination?" "1-2-3-4-5" "1-2-3-4-5? Thats like what idiots use as their combinations to their suitcases!" 

Blazing Saddles: In a movie filled with great scenes, I think nothing tops "Scouse me while I whip this out!"

Supertroopers: The opening scene (unfortunatly, the funniest part of the movie as well)

Arthur: When John Gilgoude askes "Do you want me to hold your d*ck for you too?"

so many great movies

Written By: NullandVoid on 01/24/05 at 5:51 pm

Something About Mary -  The "WE GOT A BLEEDER!!!" scene.

Steel Magnolias - Just about any scene with "Weeza" (Shirley McClaine) in it.

Rush Hour 2 - The end, where Carter and Lee are escaping from the explosion and they're swinging all over the place.

Carrie - ok, I know this is not a comedy but the mother is hilarious with all of her bible thumping. (god forgive me)  Dirty pillows...hee hee hee.

Written By: AL-B on 01/25/05 at 2:14 am

The Big Lebowski: "Leads? Yeah, sure--let me just check with the boys down at the crime lab..."

Monty Python's Life of Brian: Biggus Dickus.

Naked Gun (#1): The press conference scene where Leslie Nielsen goes into the men's room with his clip mic still on. Also, the whole baseball game.

Austin Powers (#1): Alotta Fagina: "How dare you break wind before me!" Austin Powers: "I didn't know it was your turn, baby!"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/05 at 10:45 am

A Fish Called Wanda-so many of them but one of my favorites is when Otto is covering for Wanda with Archie's wife, saying that he from the government.

History of the World, Part I-again a lot of them but I really like the scene where they help Miracle (the horse) and then the Emperess (Madaline Khan) shows up and hires Joshepus (Gregory Hines) as a wine stewart.

Cat

Written By: AL-B on 01/26/05 at 10:54 am

History of the World, Part I-again a lot of them but I really like the scene where they help Miracle (the horse) and then the Emperess (Madaline Khan) shows up and hires Joshepus (Gregory Hines) as a wine stewart.
"P*ss boy??? Ah, ah, ah....wait for the shake!"  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/05 at 11:44 am

"P*ss boy??? Ah, ah, ah....wait for the shake!"   ;D ;D ;D

It's good to be the king  ;D

Cat

Written By: MLB on 01/26/05 at 5:56 pm

the Jeep scene on the road to pick up the Missionary lady from:The God's Must be Crazy! (70's)  The whole film is funny but the runaway jeep is hilarious.
  The interrupted pseudo french/italian/russian verbal seduction of Jamie Lee Curtis when the real homeowners arrive and catch John Cleese inflagrante using family photo 4 covering his bits.
A Fish Called Wanda

Written By: Howard on 01/26/05 at 7:31 pm

where in Austin Powers and he accidently drank what he thought was coffee.turned out to be a cup of doody. ;D

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/27/05 at 9:47 am

I don't know if anyone remembers the movie "The Dutchess and the Dirt Water Fox" starring Goldie Hawn and George Segal. They are trying to discuss their situation with this guy sitting there who they don't want to know what they are saying. They speak a touch of Spanish, French, slang, and Pig Latin. It is funny because it is very obvious what they are saying but the guy seems oblivious to it.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/27/05 at 4:43 pm

in Kindergarden Cop where Arnold accidently makes the boys and girls cry and asks "Why Are You Crying"?  ;D

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/27/05 at 9:24 pm

Monty Python's Meaning of Life where the fat guy comes into the restaurant and says "I'd like to order a well-done steak... and a bucket!"

;D

Written By: Tam on 01/28/05 at 10:30 am

Monty Python's Meaning of Life where the fat guy comes into the restaurant and says "I'd like to order a well-done steak... and a bucket!"

;D

OMG! That entire sketch had me gaggin the whole way through!!!
How can something be hillarious and disgusting at the same time?!  :o :D

Written By: AL-B on 01/30/05 at 3:33 pm

where in Austin Powers and he accidently drank what he thought was coffee.turned out to be a cup of doody. ;D

Howard
"This coffee tastes like sh*t! Kind of...nutty!"

Written By: whistledog on 09/28/06 at 5:47 am

a few ...

Ruthless People - When Sam first hears about the kidnapping, he pours on the act for the police.  When they are talking about how upset he is, they cut to him popping open a bottle of champagne while laughing.  Then when he hears them coming in the door, he pours drops in his eyes to simulate tears, which turn into giggles

Ruthless People - The scene with the wrong number.  "Yeah, debbie's here, but she can't come to the phone because she's sucking my ****.  If you want, I can have her call you back when I'm done"

Bad Santa - When Billy Bob pins the bully against the face and starts punching him non stop while telling him to stop beatin' on little kids

Bad Santa - When Tony, the midget is shooting his lip off.  The one elf is all "You've got some lip on you midget", and Tony responds "Yeah, well these lips were on your wife's **** last night.  Why don't you dust that thing off once in a while".  Then they get into a big brawl

Planes, Trains and Automobiles - When Neal and Dell are in the back of the truck freezing, Neal tries to reach for a pair of gloves, and this dog appears from under the hay and stars viciously barking.  Then when Dell says "Give him the god damn glove", the dog lets out two barks like he is saying "no way"

Uncle Buck - When Buck first arrives, he accidentally drops a collector plate, and it doesn't break.  He's like "It's unbreakable", so he bangs it against the piano to test and it smashes

National Lampoon's European Vacation - When the Griswolds accidentally hit the Bike Rider with their car, he frighteningly tries to get away from the conversation.  When Ellen notices his one leg is badly bruised, he says "Oh it's just a leg, honestly I've got another one"

Scary Movie 3 - When George goes to Miss Meek's funeral, he hears something and has a misunderstanding, and thinks she is still alive, so he jumps on her dead body and starts trying to pound her back to life. 

Written By: danootaandme on 09/28/06 at 6:22 am

It's been a looooong time since I had a good laugh.... 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/06 at 11:37 am

a few ...

Ruthless People - When Sam first hears about the kidnapping, he pours on the act for the police.  When they are talking about how upset he is, they cut to him popping open a bottle of champagne while laughing.  Then when he hears them coming in the door, he pours drops in his eyes to simulate tears, which turn into giggles

Ruthless People - The scene with the wrong number.  "Yeah, debbie's here, but she can't come to the phone because she's sucking my ****.  If you want, I can have her call you back when I'm done"

My favorite from that movie was when he was given the ransom money and that stupid guy tried to steal it from it.

"Do I look that stupid to you?"

"Yes, you do!"

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 09/29/06 at 10:32 am

Mr. Bean- When he was up on the diving board and didn't want to jump
Rowan Atkinson - On one of the Monty Python films, all he did was read a list of names, but it was hiilarious  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 10:36 am

Rowan Atkinson - On one of the Monty Python films, all he did was read a list of names, but it was hiilarious   ;D

I love Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean....I have nearly all of the episodes, plus the cartoon series on dvd.....I can watch them over and over and never get tired of them. ;D

Written By: Abix on 09/29/06 at 10:39 am

any of the scenes in "There's Something About Mary" ...

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/06 at 1:15 am

Rowan Atkinson - On one of the Monty Python films, all he did was read a list of names, but it was hiilarious   ;D
In the UK, Nickelodeon are showing Mr Bean!

It is those two boys next to jump.

Written By: CeeKay on 09/30/06 at 1:58 am

In Mr. Deeds.....when Deeds shows the butler his black foot and has the butler stab it with the poker.  It's awful and hysterical. :D ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/06 at 2:03 am

The consuming of Baked Beans from Blazing Saddles.

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/02/06 at 5:41 pm

Napoleon Dynamite- When Napoleon gets hit in the face with a steak, by his uncle.  ;D

Written By: mugg on 10/03/06 at 12:43 am

Pink Panther - Peter Sellers gets out of the shower wearing a robe, he walks up to a hotel window with a fan in the window he gets to close to the fan and you hear this noise, thud, thud, thud...

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/06 at 12:56 am

In Mr. Deeds.....when Deeds shows the butler his black foot and has the butler stab it with the poker.  It's awful and hysterical. :D ;D

That was a great scene.

I liked that one scene where Deeds slides down the bannister, and lands on that table, which breaks.  I killed myself laughing at that ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/03/06 at 2:56 am

numerous scenes from Steve Martin & John Candy in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, particularly when they wake up in the little bed together and Del think's his hand was between 2 pillows, except they weren't pillows, and they both freak out.

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/03/06 at 3:00 am

5 words: "We're here for the gangbang"

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/06 at 3:01 am

numerous scenes from Steve Martin & John Candy in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, particularly when they wake up in the little bed together and Del think's his hand was between 2 pillows, except they weren't pillows, and they both freak out.

"Del, why did you kiss my ear"? ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/03/06 at 3:01 am

"Neil, why did you kiss my ear"?
I love that movie  ;D   

Written By: deadrockstar on 10/03/06 at 3:10 am

"Look out, hes got a broken milk carton!"

Written By: Brian06 on 10/03/06 at 3:59 am

"Del, why did you kiss my ear"? ;D

That movie is hilarious.  ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/03/06 at 4:58 am

8) I love the scene in "Bad Santa" between John Ritter and Bernie Mac where John is Dicussing catching Santa in the Big and Tall Section..LOL....Bernie Mac.." well, yea, Santa F*ckin big woman up the a**"....John Ritters face was priceless!..He was a consumate comedian..

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/03/06 at 9:32 am

The Exorcist- When Regan throws up on the priest. OMG! That is so friggenhilarious.

Written By: bj26 on 10/03/06 at 11:08 am

The Producers:
When Gene Wilder interrupts Zero Mostel's lovemaking to a 90 year old lady, Mostel shouts, "When you barge in to my office, say 'oops' and get out!"

A little while later, Mostel corners a cowering Wilder outside the office, and while glaring down at him, Wilder says, "Oops." ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/03/06 at 9:59 pm

8) Just about every scene in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?"....I LOVE That Movie!!! ;D ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/06 at 2:50 am

8) Just about every scene in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?"....I LOVE That Movie!!! ;D ;D
A film worth watching twice.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/07 at 9:49 am

The bathroom scene from The Party starring Peter Sellers. The roll of loo paper rolling itself off.

Written By: whistledog on 06/29/07 at 12:02 pm

Rat Race
- The Hitler scene

Book of Love
- when Jack Twiller tries to impress the girl with the dance steps he learned in dance class, he falls down the stairs

Bruce Almighty
- When Bruce is changing the text on Evan's teleprompter

Scary Movie 3
- The wake scene
- When the two guys bicker about proper wording: "How the hell do you wake up dead.  You can't go to bed dead"

Scary Movie 4
- When President Harris accidentally turns on that machine that removes everyone clothes
- The Tom Cruise/Oprah spoof

Check for new replies or respond here...