inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My trip to the ER (LONG and blood mentioned) :(

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/03/05 at 12:06 pm

Listen to this scary experience I had this week. Monday night I started bleeding more, the kind of bleeding you should have the day you have your baby but not 2 weeks later. It was soaking pads so I got worried but then it stopped so I thought everything was ok. Next thing you know a few hours later it starts again and its soaking a pad within 30 minutes or so. So I call my doctor and he says I should not be bleeding that much 2 weeks after having the baby and tells me that it sounds like my uterus is being lazy and not shrinking down like it should all the way. He calls a prescription in for me that should make the uterus contract and shrink down and tells me keep breastfeeding to help also.
Well I get the medicine and go lay down. Well the next couple hours I keep bleeding and its getting worse. I was soaking 3-4 pad within a hour and when I would go sit on the toliet it would just drip and when I would lay down it would coagulate (sp)and make big clots (gross!)

So at 3 am I called him again and he said to go tothe ER. I didnt want to drag my 3 year old and my two week old out of bed and have me hubby trying to hold her, feed her and also take care of my 3 year old who would be very tired so I told him I would rather drive myself and keep the kids in bed and at home where he could take care of them.

SO I drove myself, I had to change my pants like three times cause it was soaking through and 15 minutes later when I got to the ER and got out of my car it was dripping down my legs!!

SO they admitted me and I'm standing there in the room while they get me in the bed and blood is dripping on the floor, it was awful!!

About a hour later my blood pressure dropped to like 60/something and they gave me 2 Iv's at once and did a ultrasound and found that there was either some tissue or remaining placenta. So anyways I had to have a D and C to clean out what was in there. This was so scary, being rushed to a operating room cause my blood pressure kept getting low and immediatly having a D and C.

So next thing you know they are waking me up and saying the surgery is over, that is the weirdest feeling, I didnt even realize when they started cause they put you under.

My doctor said that after he found the tissue and cleaned me out he could not get my uterus to clamp down so he tried 2 drugs and massaged my uterus for a hour and finally got it to clamp down. Byt then I had lost so much blood that he was debating a histerectomy! But luckly he was able to stop the bleeding.

So anyways I had to stay in the hospital for the night instead of going home and they tested my blood and it was super low. I was very weak too. So they gave me Iv's and Iron and told me it would peobably build up some by morning. Well by morning it hadent so they had to give me a blood transfusion! That was scary!

Later that day they checked my blood and it was back up so they let me go home, Thank God! Its hard to leave your three year old and your 2 week old baby!!!

Anyways that was my tramatic experience to the ER but luckly everything worked out and now I'm not bleeding anymore. I hate blood now and I am dreading my period! :(

This was the first time in my entire life that I had ever had anything happen to me! And my pregnancy was so easy and my labor was so short and easy so this was a shock!

Jennifer
Kyan 02-22-02
Kendall 1-18-05

Subject: Re: My trip to the ER (LONG and blood mentioned) :(

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/03/05 at 12:32 pm

OMG Jennifer!  That is soooo scary!!!  I cannot even imagine something like that happening...you must have been terrified!  :o

I'm so glad that the doctor was able to take care of the problems.  Please get as much rest as you can so your body builds up its strength again...oh, and make sure hubby helps you with your kids. 

Written By: Paul on 02/03/05 at 12:51 pm

Horrid experience that must have been, Jennifer...I'd've been dam' near petrified...

I can only re-iterate what Dr. Karen has prescribed, but let us know if everything remains okay...

Written By: joedeertae on 02/03/05 at 1:32 pm

It was already said but please DO get lots of rest! And I hope you get to feeling beter soon.
Glad to hear you were able to go back home.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/03/05 at 2:46 pm

Jennifer! I'm so sorry that you had to go through that....please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you  :)

Written By: lorac614 on 02/03/05 at 4:20 pm

How awful!!  You must have been terrified.

Try to get some rest (I know easier said than done with 2 little ones!!).

BTW, I love the name KYAN!! 

Written By: jaytee on 02/03/05 at 4:20 pm

Sorry to hear that Jennifer.  I had a huge post-partum bleed after a very short labour (34 minutes) with my third child, Patrick.  It was terrible.  I went into shock and remember feeling so scared.  Rest up and just thank God that in today's day and age these things are quite easily remedied.  My Doctor told me that in the old days I would have most probably just bled to death! ???

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/03/05 at 4:52 pm

Thanks everybody...luckly I have my mom and sister nearby and my hubby skipped a few days of work  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/03/05 at 7:17 pm

Wow, Jennifer that is scary.  I am glad you are ok, now.

Written By: 80s Lady on 02/03/05 at 9:06 pm

Very scary!!  Especially having to go through it all by yourself, without your husband there with you to at least just hold your hand and tell you that everything would be ok.  I'm very glad to hear that everything went well and you're back home!!  Oh, and congratulations on the new baby!!

Written By: Jessica on 02/04/05 at 12:08 am

Holy cr*p! :o

Thank goodness you are okay. :)

Written By: karen on 02/04/05 at 4:52 am

What a scary experience Jennifer.  Glad to hear the docs managed to sort it out.

How's your littlest one doing?

Written By: danootaandme on 02/04/05 at 8:45 am

This is cautionery for anyone out there.  Driving yourself is the scariest part of this, I'm glad it worked out well but  if anything happens again call 911, that is what it is for. For heavens sake, the president sees a doctor when he chokes on a chip. Glad it all turned out well.  Try to take it easy, it doesn't hurt to let
the house go to hell for a day or two(hope you have people to help)...

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/04/05 at 4:10 pm

Holy cr*p! :o

Thank goodness you are okay. :)

Did you have your baby boy yet?  :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/04/05 at 5:56 pm

Gosh! That sounded really bad. As mentioned by others, we are all glad you are okay.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...