inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anybody in a band/have a music act?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 8:17 pm

I do :)  In fact me and a bud are planning to put a band together and call it Posse of Two.  Right now though I have a solo music act.  It's called "Posse of One and The Artist Behind Mike's Mixx", but I refer to my music as Posse of One or Possemusic.  I use computer programming to synthesize and sample (or steal  ;D ) beats and I rap or sing New Wave over it.  It's pretty god awful but I enjoy it.  ;)

-FHF

Subject: Re: Anybody in a band/have a music act?

Written By: thebutcheress on 02/14/05 at 7:37 am

Solo. I play piano and guitar, but I wanna be in a band  ;D . I think it'd be awesome but I don't quite have a "metal" look and thats all I'd be willing to do! (Marilyn Manson is my idol :))

Written By: gemini61 on 02/15/05 at 6:37 am

My 16 yr. old daughter was in an all girl band. She played bass. She's one of those people that can pick up an instrument and teach herself to play in no time. She just quit the band about a month ago though, because she really wasn't as serious about it as the other girls, and she didn't want to waste their time teaching her all of their songs. So, now she just plays her acoustic and sings for family and friends and for herself.  :)

Written By: Mona on 02/15/05 at 7:09 am

My husband is like that.  He can listen to a song a couple of times and play it on guitar, piano or the drums.  He used to be in a heavy metal band that was quite popular in this area but as you get older and have more obligations it's harder to find the time.

Me? I play the radio.  :D

Written By: thebutcheress on 02/15/05 at 7:45 am

I play piano by ear but I envy my friends brother... he can play ANYTHING! and I have to work at guitar >:(  :\'(

Written By: Bobby on 02/15/05 at 9:39 am

No I'm not but would love to be a keyboard player.

Check for new replies or respond here...