inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stance of Extraterrestrial Life

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/21/05 at 9:59 pm

I say they're here and among us, based on personal experiences.  Life is pretty common in our part of the Galaxy imo. 

Also, has anyone heard the theory that flu bugs and the like come from Space?

-FHF  ???

Subject: Re: Stance of Extraterrestrial Life

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/21/05 at 11:40 pm

there out there. they are limited by the laws of physics like we are and are probably stuck on their home systems like we are (no such thing as faster than light travel). i doubt we'll ever see or hear from any of them and if we do, we would only communicate through radio signals.

i highly doubt that interstellar travel is anywhere near a possibilty in the near future. it would take us thousands of years to even travel to the nearest star, why bother really other than to satisfy a deep curiosity.

Subject: Re: Stance of Extraterrestrial Life

Written By: AL-B on 02/21/05 at 11:41 pm

I'll believe in aliens the day they show up at my house and take me for a spin in their flying saucer.

As far as certain things coming from outer space, well...I once met a hippie who claimed that psychedelic mushrooms actually came from spores that were on a comet that crashed into Earth thousands of years ago. ;D ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...