inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite sayings

Written By: whitewolf on 02/22/05 at 6:55 pm

What's your favorite saying?

Mine is BITE ME when someone pisses me off.

Subject: Re: Favorite sayings

Written By: Bobby on 02/22/05 at 7:19 pm

Mine seems to be the term  'Also as well . . .' after somebody has finished talking.

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/22/05 at 7:20 pm

totally  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/22/05 at 7:24 pm

It used to be: Beer Me!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/22/05 at 7:42 pm

i've been saying "i'm cool for cats" a lot lately plus a whole lot more sayings that aren't appropiate to these boards...

Written By: whitewolf on 02/22/05 at 7:44 pm

a whole lot more sayings that aren't appropiate to these boards...

I have a lot of sayings that would be sensored.

Written By: jackas on 02/22/05 at 10:14 pm

I have a lot of saying.  I'll add them as I remember, but for now.........................

WHATEVER!

Written By: Tam on 02/23/05 at 6:22 pm

I have been stuck for new sayings...
All I say now is
"Nice" and when I get mad it's "Snap"

weird

Written By: Paul on 02/23/05 at 6:29 pm

'B*gger me gently/senseless' (as an exclaimation of surprise, not as a literal...!!) is one of the rare 'clean' ones I use frequently (and even then I had to censor it here...!!)

Another one in common usage is 'He's got a face like a smacked arse', which describes po-faced individuals perfectly (of which there are plenty in the office, including our beloved Chief Exec., but I haven't actually said that to him...!!)

The undisputed champs of this lark are the Australians...hopefully there'll be a few along shortly...!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/23/05 at 6:34 pm

smegballs

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/05 at 6:45 pm

'B*gger me gently/senseless' (as an exclaimation of surprise, not as a literal...!!) is one of the rare 'clean' ones I use frequently (and even then I had to censor it here...!!)

Another one in common usage is 'He's got a face like a smacked arse', which describes po-faced individuals perfectly (of which there are plenty in the office, including our beloved Chief Exec., but I haven't actually said that to him...!!)

The undisputed champs of this lark are the Australians...hopefully there'll be a few along shortly...!

Ha ha! I use the second expression a lot, Paul. Funny as heck. I don't use the first expression in case somebody decides it's an invitation.  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/23/05 at 6:48 pm

i need to add 'ish' to my list..i've been using it solidly for a few years..it goes a long way  :)...'whatever' is up there for me too...

Written By: jaytee on 02/23/05 at 6:52 pm

When I'm hungry:  I'm so hungry I could eat the @rse out of a rag doll.

When I'm thirsty:   I'm as dry as a dead dingo.

When asked if I'm busy:   Like a lizard drinking.

When I don't want to do something:  I'd rather stick a needle in my eye.

I would say that Howard is "as toey as a roman sandal".

When something or someone moves quickly:  "like a rat up a rope" or "off like a bride's nightie" (my Uncle's favourite saying. :\'(

Well I am an Aussie! ;)

My neighbour, Victor who was born and bred in Mount Isa (a mining city) has some wonderful sayings.  His best mate, Sean aka Spot,  has a Harley that Victor refers to as "the cattle dog" because it likes to go for a run but always comes home on the back of the ute.   ;D

Written By: jaytee on 02/23/05 at 6:56 pm

I love that saying.  We also say "he/she's got a head like a sucked mango seed" ;D
What about "a mouth like a cat's bum".

Somebody that is really drunk is "as full as a state school hat rack" or "as full as a goog".

Somebody with buck teeth "could eat watermelon through a picket fence". ;D

Written By: Stompgal on 03/04/05 at 6:41 am

I like "Wicked." I say it when I think something is good or bad. I also say, "What a man/babe X 2" and "I don't like phones." from the mobile ringtone adverts. That must actually be from Little Britain. My mum likes the saying "What a cuffufle (sp?)" from the TV series.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/04/05 at 6:45 am

"Nice try but No Cigar"  :)

Written By: Bobby on 03/04/05 at 6:51 am

"Nice try but No Cigar"  :)

What does that mean, Fuss? I've heard the saying before but have no idea where it come from.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/04/05 at 7:35 am

What does that mean, Fuss? I've heard the saying before but have no idea where it come from.

Well, my best guess is that a cigar could be given as a minor sort of prize for getting something right.

Therefore if you do NOT get something right : No cigar !  :)

Unless someone has a better explanation  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...