inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your most enjoyable years

Written By: purpleorchid on 02/27/05 at 8:02 am

It goes like this: which years/age was the most enjoyable/satisfying for you and why.

I enjoy 2003 onwards, I've matured and started to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Also loved the 80s and 90s of my educational era. Happy go lucky times, and didn't know the real meaning of stress.

Subject: Re: Your most enjoyable years

Written By: Bobby on 02/27/05 at 9:26 am

That is really nice to hear, Purpleorchid.  :)

My most enjoyable year was 1991 when I went to live with my nan, grandad and uncle. The strong feeling of familyness I got in those times were incredible. If only I appreciated that year a bit more. Oh well. Life is like that.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/27/05 at 1:07 pm

Personally, 1998 and on. Because I have found happiness with my life. There are VERY few thing that I would change.

Cat

Written By: Paul on 02/27/05 at 1:14 pm

Personally, 1998 and on. Because I have found happiness with my life. There are VERY few thing that I would change.

Sweet, Cat...sweet...!

My 'best' years were almost certainly 1982-84 - the threshold of childhood into adulthood - I left school, found 'gainful' employment, had my first serious love and first serious hangover...Ouch...!!

Written By: neebs25 on 02/27/05 at 2:20 pm

My best were 98-99 the first few years of living on my own.  My roommates were awesome.  Lots of great parties.

But it was tough living with two guys.....I've learned that a lot of boys are messy :)

Written By: jiminy on 02/27/05 at 4:08 pm

I would have to say my first couple of years were my best, I had people fighting to change my diaper and all I had to do was cry and I got my way...and then my sister arrived and things changed  ;D

Written By: Paul on 02/27/05 at 4:41 pm

Heh! Good answer, that man...^

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/27/05 at 6:12 pm

I would have to say my first couple of years were my best, I had people fighting to change my diaper and all I had to do was cry and I got my way...and then my sister arrived and things changed  ;D

Somehow I'm reminded of that song "Lonely Boy" from Andrew Gold.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/27/05 at 6:15 pm

I would say 1984 - 1986 ...

I finished high school, started college, and discovered my love for making ceramics... 8)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/27/05 at 6:26 pm

I would say Sept 1985 to 1989.  My high school years, although I didn't realize I had it so good.  Like all teenagers, I thought I was picked on.  I had it easy, though.  I am the baby and was thoroughly spoiled.  Plus I figured out ways around the parents so I could raise a little hell and they never caught me.

Written By: jaytee on 02/27/05 at 6:43 pm

1974 - 1984  that was a wonderful period of my life ... plenty of money to spend on myself ... no worries ... just had a wonderful time.  :)

Written By: jackas on 02/27/05 at 6:48 pm

Let's see......probably from the time I was 17 until I got married. ;D

Written By: Bobby on 02/27/05 at 6:53 pm

Let's see......probably from the time I was 17 until I got married. ;D

Until you got married? Lol.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/01/05 at 4:12 pm

1997-2001 having a girlfriend for the very first time and feeling happy about us.

Howard

Written By: gemini61 on 03/01/05 at 4:20 pm

1977 to 1979, high school years. Good times  8) 

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/01/05 at 4:28 pm

I could say the first 10 years of my life (no worries, no sense, so full of life...) - So thats what I'll say.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/05 at 4:32 pm

Every year has been an enjoyable year.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/01/05 at 4:40 pm

To an extent, yes

Written By: jaytee on 03/01/05 at 4:44 pm

Some are better than others - I thought 2005 was going to be a good year but unfortunately it won't be and it's only March  :P

Written By: Jessica on 03/01/05 at 7:00 pm

Probably the end of 2002 through now. I got a job, did some crazy sh*t, met some great people, lost a bunch of weight and was just insane. I did settle down (somewhat) last June though when I was scared about having a miscarriage. Luckily, that didn't happen. :)

Written By: purpleorchid on 03/02/05 at 9:52 am

I would say 1984 - 1986 ...

I finished high school, started college, and discovered my love for making ceramics... 8)

ooo... that's nice, discovering a new artistic channel  :)

Written By: Gis on 03/02/05 at 11:37 am

Hmmm
The late 80's were pretty cool.College,travelling,gigs,clubbing, finding the job I'm still doing.

1995 was interesting, I found out I had a sister and got to build up a relationship with her.

1997 when I met my Star Wars obssessed Sweetie  :)

However I plan that my best years are yet to come......

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/02/05 at 11:49 am

1976 because I was young and having SO much fun, Boston released a great debut LP, my sister left for college, and I saw the last ABA Championship Series in Denver...though the Nuggets lost to the Nets in 6 game, I saw Dr. J. and a very young David Thompson :) I visited my brother in Omaha for part of the summer and just remember having such fun...actually most of the 70's were fun but that year was my favourite :)

Other than that I'd say the years between 1984 through 2000...Awesome music in 1984...follwed by getting married in 1985 and raising my 5 boys...up until the year before Blaine died in 2001 things were very nice.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/02/05 at 12:02 pm

Being a teen in the 80s was great, my favorite years were from 83 to 87, those were the years that i got to be a typical teen

Written By: purpleorchid on 03/03/05 at 9:23 am

1976 because I was young and having SO much fun, Boston released a great debut LP, my sister left for college, and I saw the last ABA Championship Series in Denver...though the Nuggets lost to the Nets in 6 game, I saw Dr. J. and a very young David Thompson :) I visited my brother in Omaha for part of the summer and just remember having such fun...actually most of the 70's were fun but that year was my favourite :)

Other than that I'd say the years between 1984 through 2000...Awesome music in 1984...follwed by getting married in 1985 and raising my 5 boys...up until the year before Blaine died in 2001 things were very nice.

i know it's gut wrenching to lose a young one. Let's take a moment to reminisce the moments you enjoyed with him and cherish them. plus the happy moments that HE enjoyed.

Blaine must be pretty special, for THE MAN UPSTAIRS is enjoying his company now  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/03/05 at 1:48 pm

i know it's gut wrenching to lose a young one. Let's take a moment to reminisce the moments you enjoyed with him and cherish them. plus the happy moments that HE enjoyed.

Blaine must be pretty special, for THE MAN UPSTAIRS is enjoying his company now  :)
I very much appreciate the kind words...and I'm not trying to be rude at all but, unless you've lost a child you can only imagine how it feels...though gut wrenching does describe one of the many emotions I go through each day. Just knowing that I could cry anytime, anywhere is hard enough :-\\ BUT, as you suggested, the good things :) He and I used to go to a place called the Hamburger Stand every Sunday late morning and woof down 2 cheeseburgers each...he was 11! Later and up until two days before he left us, we ran together a lot and shared many thoughts with each other on those runs. When his best friend died from an infection in March of that horrid year of 2001, Blaine asked me while on a run and through tears "Why did God have to take Rob, he was so young" I tried my best to comfort him but I had no explanation. 2 days after Blaine died I ran the same route we had run 2 days before he died, in his running shoes....and as I ran I wondered the reason why Blaine had been taken away :\'(

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/03/05 at 9:40 pm

"The best is yet to come" 8) ;D

Written By: Davester on 03/03/05 at 10:05 pm

feel comfortable in my own skin.

Heh...well put...

Also loved the 80s and 90s of my educational era. Happy go lucky times, and didn't know the real meaning of stress.

Agreed (70's - 80's for me), but I won't downplay the stress as a teenager.  No less real, we simply had a different set of circumstances and different priorities...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/04/05 at 1:04 am

i would say all during the 80's...my childhood days....i would give anything to go back and do it all over again!!!

Erin :)

Written By: Howard on 03/04/05 at 3:57 pm

my childhood years

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...