inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your IQ

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/27/05 at 9:28 pm

Mines about 125-130 (Smart).

Subject: Re: Your IQ

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/27/05 at 9:35 pm

Mines about 125-130 (Smart).

you were actually tested?  I don't know anyone whose ever been through it.  There's plenty of self-tests online, but they're not really accurate or anything.

Written By: jaytee on 02/27/05 at 10:35 pm

Wouldn't have the foggiest.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/27/05 at 11:50 pm

you were actually tested?  I don't know anyone whose ever been through it.  There's plenty of self-tests online, but they're not really accurate or anything.

When I was really young I was tested ... 125-130's just my guess.

Written By: Tam on 02/28/05 at 12:06 am

ima supper genniussss

;D

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/28/05 at 12:07 am

ima supper genniussss

;D

Really?  Who voted Genius?

-FHF  ???

Written By: Tam on 02/28/05 at 12:07 am

Really?  Who voted Genius?

-FHF  ???

i dunno... knot meee LMFAO

Written By: ktelqueen on 02/28/05 at 12:24 am

;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/28/05 at 4:07 am

On some nationwide televised IQ quiz show last year I scored 106... so I will say my IQ would be somewhere in the 100-120 mark

Written By: jaytee on 02/28/05 at 4:13 am

On some nationwide televised IQ quiz show last year I scored 106... so I will say my IQ would be somewhere in the 100-120 mark

I watched that too and scored 135 but I really wouldn't take much notice  ::)

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/05 at 4:46 am

I've never done an IQ test before. I'm probably in the 110 to 130 mark.  :)

Written By: mandamoo on 02/28/05 at 5:25 am

Wouldn't have the foggiest.

Same here and I don't think I want to know  ;D

Written By: karen on 02/28/05 at 6:00 am

I picked up one of the test forms from MENSA years ago but never completed the test against the clock as you are supposed to.  I always scored well in the tests Reader's Digest used to publish and do well on the televised tests.  I think it's just because I understand the style of those tests.  My hubby really struggles with some of them but I'm sure he's a bit more intelligent than I am.

I would say that, at a guess, my IQ is in the 125-130.

Written By: maddog on 02/28/05 at 6:06 am

I did the self test on a nationwide TV show, it's been on twice and each time I scored the same mark (139).
I find these tests pretty easy but I can't say this ability to get a good mark in IQ tests has done me a great deal of good in my career!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/28/05 at 6:16 am

180+ (Super-genius) if I am feeling good about myself

and

maybe only 130-140 (Gifted) if I am feeling down  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :P :P :P :P ::)

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/28/05 at 7:25 am

I had to take a bunch of tests about 18 months ago and the results were excellent. I scored 148 on the I.Q test but i doubt i am really that smart. I did however score in the top 1% of students in the country in something called a C.A.T Cognative Ability Test. I scored like 998 out of 1000 or something. It was multiple choice.. so i don't know how everybody didn't managed to get exceptionally high scores. Must be thick as pig muck.

Written By: jaytee on 02/28/05 at 7:31 am

180+ (Super-genius) if I am feeling good about myself

and

maybe only 130-140 (Gifted) if I am feeling down  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :P :P :P :P ::)

Aww Fuss - I think you're really funny and smart !!  :)

Written By: Paul on 02/28/05 at 7:40 am

^
You heard the lady, Luke...!!

I've absolutely no idea in what area I fall into...I was above-average as a kid, but I'll assume a lot of that has been eroded with age...!!

Anyway, that's my excuse...!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/05 at 9:52 am

I took one about 12 years or so ago. I think I scored about 120 (give or take). The thing was, when I took the test, I was running 102 fever and I really should have been in bed instead of taking that stupid test. I just wander how I would have scored if I wasn't sick. Of course I couldn't have been TOO intellegent for not taking care of myself when I was sick.  :-[

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/28/05 at 10:55 am

I'm not exactly sure what mine is, but I've always believed it to be at least 100.

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/28/05 at 10:56 am

I'm not exactly sure what mine is, but I've always believed it to be at least 100.

Jeff, if you can understand all the Formulae stuff.. it must be 200  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/28/05 at 11:21 am

Same here and I don't think I want to know  ;D

Ditto!  :D

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/28/05 at 12:09 pm

I think you're asking about my vote.  I cast the first vote after yours, last night.  Anyhoo....

Last I knew, which was several years ago, I was supposedly somewhere around 160.  It's been a very long time since I was tested, officially, but that's about what I tested on the Mensa practice tests, a few years back, too.  (Count me among those who once thought about joining and then decided I wasn't really interested.)  

I know that my results can vary considerably depending on the test.   I'm weak on those spatial relationship problems that require mental box or paper folding, always have been, (which is weird because I can design whole houses in my mind... apparantly, I just suck at origami)  so I tended to test  20+ pts lower than that on tests that were heavy on those and 20+ pts higher on tests that didn't include them at all.  Of course, as Fussy pointed out about his scores, my health and whether I'm in a particularly good or bad mood, etc., can also affect the score significantly + or -.    

To my thinking, which is, of course, correct by virtue of my being a genious,  ;D  if the tests were an accurate measurement of intelligence, the results would be more consistent, so I tend to think of them as falling into the "for entertainment purposes only" category.  I don't mind sharing/comparing numbers when it's just in good fun, as with this poll.   Beyond that, though?  Well, I know I could indeed be a so-called genius, but that I could just as easily be a moron with a knack for taking tests and that a coin toss probably has about the same chance of accuracy in determining which.  :)

Now, in a way, a completely useless way, tending to score pretty high might explain a lot... like why I'm so easily bored and why I always have so many projects in-progress at once and such as that.     But that's about all it tells me, if it's really telling me that much and, to be honest, I've never really cared why I am the way I am... I just am.  Y'know?

There you go, I tried to spare you the terminal boredom of one of my comments, but you just had to go and ask whose vote that was.   That'll teach ya!    (Hee hee!)   :)

Thanks for the explanation. :)

-FHF ;)

Written By: jiminy on 02/28/05 at 5:38 pm

why do my friends call me Corky?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 02/28/05 at 6:42 pm

A long time ago,I had a psycho-social test so my IQ is about average.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...