inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WOULD YOU PICK A MAN OVER YOUR OWN KIDS???

Written By: whitewolf on 03/04/05 at 1:30 pm

My ex-sister in law did this years ago. After her and my brother broke up, she lived with a
guy (animal) that beat up my nephew for years until he (the animal) died in a high speed police chase. Child protection never did anything about it. we thought my nephew will now be safe, but then she shacked up with another child abuser that hurt him. He beat him so bad that he was put into the hospital, my nephew pressed charges. What does the mother do but kick him out of the house and signed a paper giving up all rights to her son. He was only 11. Now years later my nephews son was taken from it's mother and put into custody of my nephew's mother. The child abuser started making comments about my nephew, saying that he is a bad father and was never gonna let him see his son again and a fight broke out. My nephew was scared that his son might now be being beaten by this man, My nephew was charged with assult causing bodily harm.

His own mother gave a statement against him, My nephew may now be an adult but inside he is still a scared little boy, that knows that his mother chose a man over him.

Subject: Re: WOULD YOU PICK A MAN OVER YOUR OWN KIDS???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/04/05 at 1:33 pm

NEVER!!

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/04/05 at 1:35 pm

Well.. i don't imagine you will take offense but just in case eh..

This woman sounds like a complete fudgeing idiot. These are the kind of people that shouldnt be allowed to have kids.. it sounds like your nephew at least got a break by not having to deal with the crazy bitch.

About his own kid being taken away, haven't got the details so i can't comment, but what often happens is if somebody comes from a troubled home.. then that's it. They will be tried and tested at every turn.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/04/05 at 1:44 pm

She is a flipping wingnut, I don't know how she can pick a man over her kid, more importantly how she could stay with a man that beat her son. But she will get whats coming to her.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/04/05 at 1:51 pm

this is a scenario thats far too often played out in my hometown as well.

i hope your nephew can see his way through this situation. it's pitiful that a mother can treat her own son this way.

Written By: Paul on 03/04/05 at 2:34 pm

Begs the question, what did she have the child for...?

Fashion accessory...?

Written By: jaytee on 03/04/05 at 3:38 pm

Never, never, never!!  The college that my girls attend has a boarding school and I know one of the girls is boarding (even though her mother is only a few suburbs away) because her mother's boyfriend doesn't want her around ::)

Written By: gemini61 on 03/04/05 at 3:54 pm

NO WAY!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/04/05 at 5:04 pm

No! The women that do that show get a swift kick in the azz!  >:(

Tanya

Written By: 80s Lady on 03/04/05 at 5:06 pm

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!!  Oh, and did I mention....NEVER!!!  I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for women that can do that!!

Written By: Bobby on 03/04/05 at 6:18 pm

That is an horrendous case, Whitewolf and we all wish your nephew some security in his life. Unfortunately, I know this situation, albeit in a more subtle way, all too well.

My step-mother told my dad to either choose me or his wife at the end of three years liiving together. I wasn't an angel but I was completely far from the devil as my parents portrayed me to be. He chose his wife and he gave me a one way ticket south and then lived with my mum.

That was a barrell of laughs too. I was chucked out twice by my mum but she took me back when I was 18 because I had no job, which was good of her to some extent. I got a job as a kitchen porter and got some money behind me, after six months I lost my job through redundancy and my mum left me with a months rent paid to live with her boyfriend in the space of a week! She said I have a month to find somewhere to live and that was that. I know I was 18 but I was naive and maybe it was a wake-up call for me to more dependent on myself.

I am really sorry, Whitewolf. I'm trying not to encroach on your thread. I am trying to say that I sincerely feel and understand for your nephew and hope he comes good (like I have done).  :)

My answer to your question is obviously 'no'.  :)

Written By: whitewolf on 03/04/05 at 7:12 pm

That is an horrendous case, Whitewolf and we all wish your nephew some security in his life. Unfortunately, I know this situation, albeit in a more subtle way, all too well.

My step-mother told my dad to either choose me or his wife at the end of three years liiving together. I wasn't an angel but I was completely far from the devil as my parents portrayed me to be. He chose his wife and he gave me a one way ticket south and then lived with my mum.

That was a barrell of laughs too. I was chucked out twice by my mum but she took me back when I was 18 because I had no job, which was good of her to some extent. I got a job as a kitchen porter and got some money behind me, after six months I lost my job through redundancy and my mum left me with a months rent paid to live with her boyfriend in the space of a week! She said I have a month to find somewhere to live and that was that. I know I was 18 but I was naive and maybe it was a wake-up call for me to more dependent on myself.

I am really sorry, Whitewolf. I'm trying not to encroach on your thread. I am trying to say that I sincerely feel and understand for your nephew and hope he comes good (like I have done).  :)

My answer to your question is obviously 'no'.  :)

Nobody should try and make anyone chose someone-else over their kids. A long time ago I was going out with this guy that wanted me to move in with him, but he wanted me to give my oldest daughter away (she was the only one i had at the time). Needless to say he was out of my life quicker than a snowball would melt in hell. best part was that he didn't understand why I was mad.

Written By: Bobby on 03/04/05 at 7:17 pm

Nobody should try and make anyone chose someone-else over their kids. A long time ago I was going out with this guy that wanted me to move in with him, but he wanted me to give my oldest daughter away (she was the only one i had at the time). Needless to say he was out of my life quicker than a snowball would melt in hell. best part was that he didn't understand why I was mad.

Hmmm. Yes. You will be surprised how common this sorry situation is. You did right to get shot of that man. He seems very ignorant.

My girlfriend has a 13 year old son from a bad relationship and I would never dream of giving her the choice. I just isn't right.  >:(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/04/05 at 10:40 pm

there is no way in hell that I would ever choose a man over my child!!!! His arse would be out the door so fast...he wouldn't know what hit em!

Erin :)

Written By: Tam on 03/04/05 at 11:56 pm

HELL NO !!!!

ummm.... MY WORDS EXACTLY!!!

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/05/05 at 1:59 am

I don't even have kids and I'm saying HECK Mf'in NO!!!! How could someone even think of that?!

Written By: Dagwood on 03/05/05 at 9:18 am

No way in hell would I choose a man over my baby.  Your kids are defenseless and need someone to protect them.  I would rather be alone for the rest of my life than be with a guy who would even think of hurting my daughter.  The mama bear in me doesn't like people who hurt kids.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/05/05 at 12:51 pm

I don't have any kids of my own but I can't imagine doing that. I once had a guy say to me that he would concider marrying me if I gave up my cats. Well, I still have my cats.  ;) I feel that if someone were to ask you to give up your kids, they don't truly love you because kids are a part of who you are. When I moved in with Carlos, I knew that his kids were just part of the package (and he knew that my cats were part of my package). I would never DREAM of asking him to give them up.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...