inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Since this is a question of opinion - Is Montana Far West or Midwest?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/05/05 at 10:03 pm

I'd say a bit of both :)  The northwest is a lot like northeastern Washington and Northern Idaho but the plains part seem pretty farmish. 

Subject: Re: Since this is a question of opinion - Is Montana Far West or Midwest?

Written By: jackas on 03/05/05 at 10:25 pm

I'm thinking more Midwest only because Idaho comes up between Washington and Montana.

Subject: Re: Since this is a question of opinion - Is Montana Far West or Midwest?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/05/05 at 10:26 pm

The census says its West but then again it consider's Ohio Midwest too when it's so far east  ::)

Written By: Ansky1213 on 03/06/05 at 12:01 am

People live in Montana?  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

???

(Sorry. That's my snobby New Yorker east coast bias showing.)

Written By: jackas on 03/06/05 at 10:08 am

People live in Montana?  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

???

(Sorry. That's my snobby New Yorker east coast bias showing.)

Montana would be nice.  It could be worse......and it is,  I'm living in Florida. :o :o

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/10/05 at 8:27 am

There's always been a strange way of putting things!

(It's funny, but when I was little, I thought the "Midwest" was around Oregon. Hey, made sense to me - middle of the west, LOL!)

In any event, I'd still consider Montana to be the west. True, there's some prairies and farmland there, but still, being that it's not far from the Rocky Mountains (I believe they even partially run through there), it's closer in style to the west/northwest, whereas when I think midwest, I tend to think flatter, farmland (i.e. Kansas, Nebraska, Dakota's).

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 3:16 pm

There's always been a strange way of putting things!

(It's funny, but when I was little, I thought the "Midwest" was around Oregon. Hey, made sense to me - middle of the west, LOL!)

In any event, I'd still consider Montana to be the west. True, there's some prairies and farmland there, but still, being that it's not far from the Rocky Mountains (I believe they even partially run through there), it's closer in style to the west/northwest, whereas when I think midwest, I tend to think flatter, farmland (i.e. Kansas, Nebraska, Dakota's).

About 40% of Montana's in the Rockies, but when I was there they didn't look to the mountains for culture the way say Colorado does.  Minneapolis was the big city they identified with most, followed somewhat closely by Seattle. So I say a bit of both.  The northwest is Pacific NW and the far North and East is Midwest, imo.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/10/05 at 3:18 pm

DevoRule

For what it is worth, from someone who lives half a world away....

I have always thought of Montana as :

"Midwest, just like the Dakotas or Kansas"

:)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 3:21 pm

DevoRule

For what it is worth, from someone who lives half a world away....

I have always thought of Montana as :

"Midwest, just like the Dakotas or Kansas"

:)

Cool man :)

-DR

Written By: Apricot on 03/10/05 at 3:33 pm

Half-n-Half.

Isaac

Written By: shiprunner12 on 03/10/05 at 6:57 pm

I'd say far west since its only one state away from being on the coast.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 6:58 pm

I'd say far west since its only one state away from being on the coast.

Two states actually.  Northern Idaho lies between Mont. and Washington and Oregon.  But Northern Idaho is pretty much part of NW Montana anyway.  ;D

Written By: jiminy on 03/10/05 at 8:06 pm

When he played in San Francisco it was in the far west but when he played for Kansas City it was mid west  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/10/05 at 8:17 pm

I'm thinking more Midwest only because Idaho comes up between Washington and Montana.
Exactly!

Check for new replies or respond here...