inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do You Smoke?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/06/05 at 1:05 pm

And yes, I am talking cigarettes here. And please no lecturing.

Cat

Subject: Re: Do You Smoke?

Written By: Bobby on 03/06/05 at 1:06 pm

I have never tried cigarettes, Catwoman.

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/06/05 at 1:07 pm

Occasionally.

When i go out i usually do, sometimes i feel a craving. I did give up about 6 months ago, but started up again in December. It's an off and on thing.

Quiting is not hard. However, staying off them for good is hard.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/06/05 at 1:10 pm

unfortunately yes I smoke

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/05 at 1:12 pm

Never tired it

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/06/05 at 1:18 pm

i'd quit for two years but i've fallen off the proverbial wagon late last year. i plan to quit again this summer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/05 at 1:20 pm

i'd quit for two years but i've fallen off the proverbial wagon late last year. i plan to quit again this summer.
Why quit summertime, quit right now!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/06/05 at 1:24 pm

Never tried it

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/06/05 at 1:27 pm

Loving participating in sports for most of my life, thankfully...No ;)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/06/05 at 1:27 pm

Why quit summertime, quit right now!

i've set an objective, summer. i'll pace myself, quit for a week and back on again. i've did this before and it took me a whole season to quit.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/05 at 1:30 pm

i've set an objective, summer. i'll pace myself, quit for a week and back on again. i've did this before and it took me a whole season to quit.

You mean pacing yourself, like training for a marathon?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/06/05 at 1:38 pm

You mean pacing yourself, like training for a marathon?

quitting is hard. if i quit in stages, i can reach my goal of being smoke free. i never met anyone who quit cold turkey and kept smoke free. if you read any literature on quitting smoking it tells you to set a date a few months from when you decide to quit and do it like i'm trying, stages of off and on smoking.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 03/06/05 at 1:38 pm

Never tried it.

Written By: Davester on 03/06/05 at 1:41 pm

Yup...

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/06/05 at 1:56 pm

quitting is hard. if i quit in stages, i can reach my goal of being smoke free. i never met anyone who quit cold turkey and kept smoke free. if you read any literature on quitting smoking it tells you to set a date a few months from when you decide to quit and do it like i'm trying, stages of off and on smoking.

I have smoked for the last 2 and a half years, however i have stopped twice. The point you make is spot on. You can quit cold turkey and not have a fag for weeks.. then you want one BAD!

Written By: Apricot on 03/06/05 at 1:57 pm

Nope, and I don't even plan on trying.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/06/05 at 2:01 pm

I only smoke when I'm on fire!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/05 at 2:03 pm

I only smoke when I'm on fire!!

From the Goon Show.

Henry: Did you put the cat out?

Minnie: No, I was not on fire!

Written By: gord on 03/06/05 at 2:20 pm

I quit around 5 yrs ago, it was the hardest thing to do but one of the best things I could do for myself and my kids. And the money I save I just buy CDs now :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/06/05 at 2:30 pm

Nope.  Never tried, and don't care to.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/06/05 at 3:14 pm

i quit over 9 years ago  :)

Written By: jaytee on 03/06/05 at 4:12 pm

I quit on 1st April 1988.  Anybody who says it's easy doesn't know what they're talking about  :o

Written By: Paul on 03/06/05 at 4:26 pm

From the Goon Show.

Henry: Did you put the cat out?

Minnie: No, I was not on fire!

Arf! Arf!

But I think it should be...'I didn't know he was on fire' (pedant)

(You can't get the wood, you know...!!)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/06/05 at 4:27 pm

Never tried it.  My entire family smoked as I was growing up...listening to them cough every morning was enough to make me not ever want to smoke.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/05 at 5:01 pm

Arf! Arf!

But I think it should be...'I didn't know he was on fire' (pedant)

(You can't get the wood, you know...!!)

It was hurrriedly type and thank you. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/06/05 at 5:08 pm

I did quit for 2 and 1/2 years but then got drunk one night.  :-[

Cat

Written By: gemini61 on 03/06/05 at 5:17 pm

I used to, but quit a couple years ago. Man, was I a ray of sunshine to be around for awhile!  ;) 

Written By: annmouse5 on 03/06/05 at 7:48 pm

I started 10 years ago, when I was 12... :-[  the stupidest choice I've ever made.  It's so hard to quit, and it makes everything stink.  The longest I ever quit was for 3 months while I was in basic training and AIT.  As soon as I came home I started again.

Written By: Tam on 03/06/05 at 8:20 pm

Yes I smoke
I choose to smoke outside. That way my son doesnt have to breath the filth that I do.
I have tried severals times to quit and am currently in stage 3 AGAIN.
It is super hard to quit and cold turkey is a no go. For some people, going cold turkey can actually induce a heart attack depending on how much that individual smokes.
Not to mention that one time I did quit and I gained like 30-35 pounds in 2 months! It wasnt pretty!
I do intend to quit....

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/06/05 at 8:30 pm

I knew of someone who tried the Nicoderm patch, but he couldn't get it to light up. ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/06/05 at 8:33 pm

Yes I smoke
I choose to smoke outside. That way my son doesnt have to breath the filth that I do.
It is super hard to quit and cold turkey is a no go. For some people, going cold turkey can actually induce a heart attack depending on how much that individual smokes.
Not to mention that one time I did quit and I gained like 30-35 pounds in 2 months! It wasnt pretty!
I do intend to quit....

i do intend to be part of your support system  ;) 8)

Written By: Tam on 03/06/05 at 8:38 pm

i do intend to be part of your support system  ;) 8)

Thx Girl!  ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/06/05 at 8:43 pm

Thx Girl!  ;)

i did it cold turkey so it can be done..not to say i haven't missed it once in a while over the years   ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/06/05 at 8:56 pm

Nope. Though I did something else? I wonder what that could be.  :-X

Tanya

Written By: jackas on 03/06/05 at 8:57 pm

Maybe twice a year and it only when I'm drinking.

Written By: ski_luvr on 03/06/05 at 9:00 pm

I think this depends on the individual! What works for one doesn't work for another! I smoked almost 25 years and tried that cutting back tactic......didn't work! Cold Turkey did for about 2 days and everyone was buying me cigarettes! (I had no friends!)LOL
I tried Smoke Away and it really worked I was sceptical 42.00 and 1yr 11 mo. later I feel absolutely TERRIFIC! I can smell things more clearly Taste things MUCH better I don't stink like stale cigarettes and my house is so much cleaner smelling! No more nicotine stains on anything! My skin is really cleared up!  Smoking ages you just like alcohol  You start showing lines around your mouth from inhaling if you do it long enough Trust me it isnt pretty!Have you ever seen the Heart, Lungs and Arteries of someone that smoked for a while it slowly kills muscles  eventually your lungs lose their elasticity and become hard your heart and arteries the same! The thought of waking up one night unable to breath like suffocating was enough to make me stop! I still enjoy the smell of a fresh lit smoke though! go figure never did like the smell of ashtrays though!  Well everyone either enjoy your habit or good luck in your brave attempt.
:-\\

Written By: ski_luvr on 03/06/05 at 9:02 pm

I quit on 1st April 1988.  Anybody who says it's easy doesn't know what they're talking about  :o
I agree  Congrats.  I quit almost two years ago I tried cold turkey no luck SMOKE AWAY Was a God Send beleive me!

Written By: ski_luvr on 03/06/05 at 9:06 pm

Yes I smoke
I do intend to quit....
SMOKE AWAY 42 DOLLARS ONE WEEK PROGAM AND IT WORKS WONDERS THEY ALSO SELL APPITIE SUPRECENTS TO HELP CONTROL THE URGE TO SUBSTITUE FOOD FOR SMOKES ITS THE HANDS TO MOUTH HABIT THAT IS THE HARDEST TO BREAK.  IF YOU TRY IT YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/06/05 at 9:43 pm

Never tried it.

Written By: ski_luvr on 03/06/05 at 11:19 pm

I Tried Zyban  Its actually  for Depression Thats why it helps with the Smoking It made me Nauseaus I got Head Aches and it made my throat soar  But I was always in a good mood! I chewed on a lot of straws  Eventuallly I started up again Smoke Away Worked wonders  It costs less then a Carton of Cigarettes And only takes a week and its OVER Yeah Me!! 3 of my friends and my Brother tried it and it worked for them to! Good Stuff

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/06/05 at 11:20 pm

Used to, but I can proudly say I'm an ex-smoker. I've been quit for 13 months now(I smoked for 2 and a half years). One day I just decided I wanted to quit, and I did. Cold turkey. Haven't gone back at all, and I have no desire to. :)

Granted, I only smoked 2 and a half years, and I was only smoking about half a pack a day..so for someone who has smoked for decades and smokes a pack a day and up(like my mom :-\\), it is much harder to quit.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/06/05 at 11:47 pm

i used nicorete gum for a time. it actually controlled the cravings.

Written By: NbC on 03/07/05 at 12:47 am

I am a NON-smoker but I have to be honest and I have Tried it a few times.

Many years ago when I used to drink I would try a clove cigarette on occasion.

Written By: jiminy on 03/07/05 at 12:50 am

smoked some pot in the late 80s, never tried cigarettes

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/07/05 at 1:16 am

smoked some pot in the late 80s, never tried cigarettes

Wait, I thought this poll only covered cigarettes? ;)

Written By: jaytee on 03/07/05 at 4:06 am

I agree  Congrats.  I quit almost two years ago I tried cold turkey no luck SMOKE AWAY Was a God Send beleive me!

Thanks and congrats to you too.  I was a fairly heavy smoker and had smoked for 12 years.  I did go cold turkey New Year of 1988 and was just starting to "break" after about the 12 week mark and then found out I was pregnant which gave me the extra incentive to stay on the straight and narrow.  When I gave up it was awful - I had the worst nightmares.  A few years ago I had a few too many wines and had a cigarette - it was so horrible that I've never touched one since.

Written By: gemini61 on 03/07/05 at 4:31 am

I smoked for 25 years and quit cold turkey. It's hard but it can be done. Good luck to all of the quitters out there!  :) 

Written By: karen on 03/07/05 at 4:44 am

I smoked for a few years from the age of about 14.  I stopped sometime in 1990.  I went to the doctors several times with severe ear infections and he said is was connected with smoking so I quit.  My boyf at the time (we're married now) didn't like it so it gave me the extra incentive.

As someone else said I still occasionally smell fresh smoke and think how nice it would be but never enough of a craving to start again.

Good luck to all those intending to try and quit

Written By: Stompgal on 03/07/05 at 6:35 am

Smoking is a filthy habit.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/07/05 at 6:38 am

Never tired it

Not technically true

Tried it once

Written By: Bobby on 03/07/05 at 6:46 am

Never tired it

Not technically true

Tried it once

Lol. ;D

Written By: Niko101 on 03/07/05 at 7:23 am

As a few members already know, I quit almost 3 months ago while dealing with pneumonia (among other things). I had been a smoker (Sampoerna Internationals/Classics) for about 10 years. My initial trigger was pure self-destruction. My parents were getting a divorce and my mom was moving to Ohio. My sis had already moved to California and I didn't really talk to my brother or dad. So, basically I had the dramatic notion that my family life would be permanently screwed.

I agree with everybody that talked about how hard it is to stay away from it. I will never **knock on wood** be a smoker again, since my overall health has improved so much already. But...I have to work my way through psychological cravings every day. I loved to smoke. I was very good at it. It was very calming for me.

Two things I learned through the "Freedom from Smoking" site have stuck with me. First, that I spent about 10 years learning how to smoke. I wasn't good at it in the beginning. If there was something that you practiced 10-20 times (or more) a day, you would have a hard time separating from it. I have spent the last 11 weeks "practicing" non-smoking. Second, I learned that this is something that should not feel like a punishment. I am saving about $150 a month...plenty of money for an incentive. I have a charm bracelet that I am adding a new charm to for every month I'm smoke-free. Next week, I get to add another one! They only cost about $10 or so. Plus, looking at the bracelet helps get me through those cravings I have at work. It's not easy being in a nightclub for 5-8 hours at a time, but I've made all of my friends promise to keep me motivated.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/05 at 9:08 am

I was doing the Zyban, but when I got sick, i had a bad reaction to it and had to quit taking it...of course, that was when I was under beaucoup stress so I started again.  Now, I'm just waiting until I can get a refill on the Zyban to try again :(

Carlos tried Zyban but it gave him wicked nightmares. We were going to try accupuncture and we showed up but she didn't. She lost her date book. We haven't tried that route since.

Cat

Written By: purpleorchid on 03/07/05 at 10:38 am

I quit smoking on the 1st of February and did it cold turkey. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't all that hard either. There were moments when I think about having a cigarette, but I'll just occupy myself with something else.

For me, I think it was more of a habit than anything else. I was smoking for more than 15 years before this. Don't really get the craving to smoke when I am at home (and I'm home most of the time, as I work from home). I mostly get the cravings when I am out with friends.

My husband was also ready to quit and we both stopped on 1st of February (as opposed to Jan 1, new year's resolution. It never works for us). I suppose you have to want to stop and is ready to give it up rather than doing it due to society/peer/family pressure.

To all quitters out there, hang on, good luck and dont' put too much pressure on yourself. It just adds to the stress and therefore give yourself more reason to smoke.

As for me, I'm a QUITTER, and proud of it!!

Written By: Davester on 03/07/05 at 10:46 am

I smoked for 25 years and quit cold turkey. It's hard but it can be done. Good luck to all of the quitters out there!   :) 

My mom always told me to never be a quitter...

Written By: Marian on 03/08/05 at 3:28 pm

unfortunately yes I smoke
???Is that your dog?I don't think he wants to share ;)

Written By: whitewolf on 03/08/05 at 3:37 pm

???Is that your dog?I don't think he wants to share ;)

no not my dog, just a picture of a white wolf I found on the net.

Written By: Marian on 03/08/05 at 3:44 pm

no not my dog, just a picture of a white wolf I found on the net.
;)okay-just wondering

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/08/05 at 5:16 pm

YES, this is my 9th year puffing away.
I wish i could stop but it is so hard. The Gum tastes like crap and I'm allergic to the patch. I used pills about 2 years ago. I stopped smoking but the pills turned me into a basketcase.
There's no hope short of being locked in cage for me. :(

Written By: ski_luvr on 03/08/05 at 10:19 pm

YES, this is my 9th year puffing away.
I wish i could stop but it is so hard. The Gum tastes like crap and I'm allergic to the patch. I used pills about 2 years ago. I stopped smoking but the pills turned me into a basketcase.
There's no hope short of being locked in cage for me. :(
Do they sell Smoke Away where you are?  If not go to SmokeAway.com the stuff reallllllyyy works the have pills you take three times a day if I remember right and a second pill you take two once a day and pellets you take either befor or after meals to control cravings! You take it for a week and it really works  the first day you actually go without a cigarette you get whiney and depressed but its tollerable. I smoked 24 years and it worked for me one time purchase quicker and cheaper then the patch and none of the side effects of Zyban!    Heck I could be a spokes person!!!!!LOL

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/08/05 at 11:27 pm

AAAAHH!! ZYBAN! Just the name brings back horrible memories. Thanks for the advice though I will go take a look :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 12:07 am

ok...tried it when I was like 12....thought I was super cool.....tried it more often through the teen years...still thought I was cool....didn't do it again until about 5 years ago when I was waiting tables (stressful sucky job)....and for being classified as a "non-smoker"....I sure contridicted myself plenty of times!!

Erin :)

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 12:26 am

While living in North Carolina I tried chewing tobacco, I was about 12 years old so it was beechnut wintergreen flavour, tastes almost like candy, I suppose it was marketed for the kids, I remember mom got us all these big cherry lolly pops for valentines day and I put mine in the fridge after I had licked it while chewing tobacco, my sister tried to steal it and almost puked because it tasted like tobacco  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 3:55 am

While living in North Carolina I tried chewing tobacco, I was about 12 years old so it was beechnut wintergreen flavour, tastes almost like candy, I suppose it was marketed for the kids, I remember mom got us all these big cherry lolly pops for valentines day and I put mine in the fridge after I had licked it while chewing tobacco, my sister tried to steal it and almost puked because it tasted like tobacco  ;D

Did you ever swallow it? DON'T!  ;D

Written By: Mergal on 03/09/05 at 5:22 pm

I selected "Use to, but I have quit". I use to be a social smoker during my late adolescent years (18-22), but I don't think I was ever addicted to cigarettes because I stopped easily for more then 6 years until I tried a cigarette again last Fall after I had an extremely stressful day at work, but it was soooo disgusting that I couldn't even finish the cigarette!! I find myself becoming more and more anti-smoking as I get older; I can barely be in the same room when somebody's smoking.

Written By: Baby on 03/11/05 at 6:09 am

yes I smoke

Written By: joedeertae on 03/11/05 at 6:39 am

Used to (for11 yrs), but I have quit.
I quit about 8-9 years ago when I was in the garage with my 1st son was and he picked up a stick and put it in his mouth like he was smoking and said "look I'm Daddy". I had quit many time before that unsuccessfully but that was the kick in the arse that I needed.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 5:25 pm

Never. I'm only 15 and never will.  8)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/13/05 at 5:37 pm

Never. I'm only 15 and never will. 8)

Good that you'll never try, but age has zip to do with it. I smoked from 13 to 16.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 7:15 pm

Good that you'll never try, but age has zip to do with it. I smoked from 13 to 16.

The Brown or the Green?

Written By: Sparkle Motion on 03/13/05 at 8:58 pm

No,I don't. I think it's gross.  :P

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/13/05 at 11:38 pm

The Brown or the Green?

Brown. I've smoked the green since I was 11, and still do. ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/13/05 at 11:48 pm

Yes, I smoke.  But not too much... usually just when I'm driving and when I first wake up in the mornings.. 3-4 a day on average unless I'm taking a long trip...

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/13/05 at 11:50 pm

Yes, I smoke. But not too much... usually just when I'm driving and when I first wake up in the mornings.. 3-4 a day on average unless I'm taking a long trip...

I smoked about that much when I did, sometimes maybe 5-6..but they were Camels and unfiltered. :D

Written By: ADH13 on 03/13/05 at 11:54 pm

I think I'm the only one who really has no intention of quitting.. I guess I'm not much of a "health nut".. I'm a fast food-a-holic and I smoke..

I guess I've been blessed though.. I almost NEVER get sick and I don't gain weight...

So for now I'm just gonna enjoy my food and my cigarettes.. if my luck runs out, I'll deal with it then... :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/13/05 at 11:59 pm

I think I'm the only one who really has no intention of quitting.. I guess I'm not much of a "health nut".. I'm a fast food-a-holic and I smoke..

I guess I've been blessed though.. I almost NEVER get sick and I don't gain weight...

So for now I'm just gonna enjoy my food and my cigarettes.. if my luck runs out, I'll deal with it then... :)

Thats how I feel in respect to my 'green'. People ask why I quit the tobaccey but not it..well, unless you are Chong, you aren't going to smoke as much of that as most people do cigarettes. Also, I use a water pipe(yes I'm being intentionally ambiguous), which fillters most of the harmful tars anyway. But if I still somehow develop any health problems from it, I will deal with it then(so I feel the same in that respect).

Otherwise I try to be health though. I have plans to adopt the Mediterranean diet, and I already work out three times a week for 2 hours at a time.

Written By: jackas on 03/14/05 at 2:14 pm

I smoked about that much when I did, sometimes maybe 5-6..but they were Camels and unfiltered. :D

Wow, I smoked a Winston once and thought I was going to be sick.  I laid in bed for an hour afterward.

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/14/05 at 2:20 pm

I used to smoke Greek ciagarettes.. there are no real laws as to what can be put in them. NONE of my friends ever bummed a smoke after the first time  ;D

They took some errrr.. getting used to.. lol

Written By: jackas on 03/14/05 at 2:26 pm

In Tijuana, Mexico they sell horsesheesh cigarettes, I'm sure no one would bum those off of you either. ;) ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/14/05 at 2:44 pm

In Tijuana, Mexico they sell horsesheesh cigarettes, I'm sure no one would bum those off of you either. ;) ;D

Brings a new meaning to 'bum' a cigarette.

Hmm.. let's hope you know of the proper use for the word bum

Written By: jackas on 03/14/05 at 3:02 pm

Brings a new meaning to 'bum' a cigarette.

Hmm.. let's hope you know of the proper use for the word bum

LOL, I guess it does. ;D ;D  I've never thought about it that way.

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/14/05 at 3:22 pm

Wow, I smoked a Winston once and thought I was going to be sick. I laid in bed for an hour afterward.

They don't call me locomotive breath for nothing. ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/14/05 at 3:24 pm

hmmm.. i feel of the wagon a bit today and had one at lunchtime.

I was expectionally hungry and there was nowhere to have anything to eat, and the bloke i was working with is an exceptionally heavy smoker..

Written By: jackas on 03/14/05 at 3:25 pm

hmmm.. i feel of the wagon a bit today and had one at lunchtime.

I was expectionally hungry and there was nowhere to have anything to eat, and the bloke i was working with is an exceptionally heavy smoker..

What the hell, it doesn't hurt once in a while. ;)

Written By: jackas on 03/14/05 at 3:26 pm

They don't call me locomotive breath for nothing. ;)

;) ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/14/05 at 3:28 pm

What the hell, it doesn't hurt once in a while. ;)

..she said with a cough

Written By: jackas on 03/14/05 at 3:35 pm

..she said with a cough

;D

Written By: jiminy on 03/14/05 at 4:49 pm

I used to smoke during sex, it seems I wasn't using enough lubricant  ;D

Written By: jackas on 03/14/05 at 6:15 pm

::) ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/30/05 at 4:10 pm

HAHAHAHAHHAHA  Hey you're funny man!! :D

My usual reply to anyone asking me if I smoke is to say..

"Yeah, only when I'm on fire"

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 11/13/05 at 4:34 pm

Bangggg!!!!  ;D ;D

HAHAHAHAHHAHA  Hey you're funny man!! :D

My usual reply to anyone asking me if I smoke is to say..

"Yeah, only when I'm on fire"

Written By: Morton on 11/13/05 at 4:42 pm

I've never smoked, and I probablies never will... I don't need to

Written By: Lady Beard on 11/13/05 at 5:04 pm

Same as DAK said

I know about the dangers, I won't try it

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/13/05 at 5:06 pm

I mean... yeah, that was supposed to be in my account.    v

Written By: alyceclover on 11/13/05 at 5:18 pm

There's no option for "yes". The implication being that if one smokes more than occaisionally, it's too much?

:)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/13/05 at 5:59 pm

Never tired it

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/05 at 9:50 pm

I am like the Adam Ant song .. I don't drink or smoke  ;D 

I've never had a desire to smoke, but I did try it once in H.S. and I didn't like it at all

Written By: bbigd04 on 11/13/05 at 10:16 pm

I've tried it just a few times, but I really don't like it.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/13/05 at 10:20 pm

I don't smoke... never seen the appeal.

I drink seldom. Not as much as I used to.

Written By: rich1981 on 11/13/05 at 11:10 pm

Never had, never will.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/14/05 at 12:05 am

I never have smoked. Inhaled others smoke, yes.. and I don't enjoy it because I get congested and it really kind of ruins a nice walk about town.

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/05 at 12:09 am

I never have smoked. Inhaled others smoke, yes.. and I don't enjoy it because I get congested and it really kind of ruins a nice walk about town.

I second hand more smoke than I'd like to :\'(

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/14/05 at 12:12 am

I second hand more smoke than I'd like to :\'(

Yeah, same here. I mean, I never minded it much as a kid for some reason, but now I seem to be ultra-sensitive to it. Being in Las Vegas was rough because there was really no escaping it, being that Nevada doesn't have strict non-smoking policy in public places.

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/14/05 at 12:33 am

friday was my 10yr anniversary of being smoke-free :)..

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/14/05 at 12:45 am

^ I'm proud of you big sis :0)

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/14/05 at 12:50 am

thx,l'il Tam  :) ;)

Written By: Skippy on 11/14/05 at 12:51 am

After about 19 years of it I quit in August 2002. No patches, no pills, no shots, just up and quit. Don't miss it either.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 11/14/05 at 4:50 am

There's no option for "yes". The implication being that if one smokes more than occaisionally, it's too much?

:)

I think so, even one a day is too much.

Written By: YWN on 11/14/05 at 9:27 am

Never have and never will.

Written By: barefootrobin on 11/14/05 at 10:23 am

While it contributed to a certain bad girl image that got me invited to all the best parties as a teenager, I wish I had never started because now I am so badly addicted that I have quit for several years a couple of times and have actually readdicted myself again and again - I am going to quit again hopefully for good this time - this winter while the beers not tasting as good as it does in the summer as that does seem to be my downfall - have a drink - have a smoke......

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/14/05 at 10:49 am

Yeah, same here. I mean, I never minded it much as a kid for some reason, but now I seem to be ultra-sensitive to it. Being in Las Vegas was rough because there was really no escaping it, being that Nevada doesn't have strict non-smoking policy in public places.

the other day I went to San Fran... I was sick, already had a headache, and just by walking by these smokers, I got all dizzy and had to sit down... it was kinda weird.

Written By: TC1970 on 11/14/05 at 11:36 am

No and I never will.

Written By: Southern Image on 11/15/05 at 1:12 pm

yes I do.

Check for new replies or respond here...