inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The ktelqueen Show...

Written By: Tam on 03/09/05 at 12:17 am

Lights, Camera, Action!

She knows the 70's, she knows the 80's. She can tell you the words to every disco song and in the same breath tell you about the 60's. She participated in the 90's and is still going strong in the 00's. She is quick with ALT+S and beats almost everyone in posting. She'll quiz you until you think your brain can take no more, then she'll hit you with another. She can make you laugh, she can make you cry. She knows all the right moves and words! She's NOT Jerry Springer, nor is she Dr. Ruth Westheimer, yet Oprah cannot touch her. Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the newest, hottest show on earth...

Put your hands together and help me welcome:

KTELQUEEN !!!

disclaimer: This is a talkshow based thread. When she asks who her guest is, please sit down and introduce yourself! She'll take care of the rest  ;)

Subject: Re: The Ktelqueen Show...

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/09/05 at 12:18 am

;D

Cool.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:20 am

OH-MY-GOd..i'm LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well,Tam,perhaps i could interest you in being my first guest..care to join me?

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/09/05 at 12:21 am

Can I be the security guy?

Written By: Tam on 03/09/05 at 12:22 am

Sure....

Hi ktelqueen. I'm Tam. How are you today?

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:22 am

Can I be the security guy?

definitely,Dude  8)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:24 am

Sure....

Hi Ktelqueen. I'm Tam. How are you today?

never been better in my whole life,thanks for asking..

so tell me,Tam..i understand you have had quite a trying year..what can you tell me about it?

Subject: Re: The ktelqueen Show...

Written By: Tam on 03/09/05 at 12:26 am

Well, as you know, my husband is in the US Army and has been deployed to Iraq for the past year. It has been challenging been solely responsibile for everything - to include our 12 year old son who tries me every chance he gets!  :) But very soon my husband will be redeployed and back home where he belongs!

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:27 am

yes,i read that..hmm mmm,hmm hmm..difficult for sure being without him all this time.surely you have something special planned for his return?

Written By: Tam on 03/09/05 at 12:29 am

Oh most definitely! I have decorated almost every room in the house for each holiday or special occasion he has missed. Our den is Christmas, the kitchen is Thanksgiving, sitting room is his birthday and of course.... the bedroom is Valentine's Day!!!  ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:33 am

that's fabulous,Tam..so will he be home for several months or is it too soon to tell?

Written By: Tam on 03/09/05 at 12:35 am

As far as we know he should be home for a while, but with the Army, things change everyday! We are just going to take it one day at a time and enjoy evey minute together!!!

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:36 am

of course,yes,great plan..so,tell me about how you've spent the last year while your hubby has been away?

Written By: Tam on 03/09/05 at 12:39 am

Well, besides taking care of the house and son, I have done a lot of other things. I learned how install a bathroom sink, I have painted 3 of the rooms in our house, I have gotten the truck fixed several times and have had my son puke on me. (Oh, can I say that here?)  ;D  I have dealt with school boards ... you name it, I am sure I have encountered it at some point!

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:41 am

i see.

;D

that's quite a run down,Tam..and i would expect nothing less from such a smartass like yourself.well,before you go,i would love to hear a little bit about how you've made the transition from Ontario to Texas  :)

Written By: Tam on 03/09/05 at 12:45 am

Oh my gosh...

It has been an experience that I would never trade. The temperature was the hardest to adjust to but you just kind of get used to it! People in Texas are real open to Canadians and it truly almost feels like home now. Of course there are some downsides... like my family not being here or readily available and I cant get my fav Cdn products like Smarties or Wunderbar - just recently they started selling Dill Pickle chips so thats cool. Other than that, it has been pretty smooth and I love it here now!

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:47 am

(*jaw drops at the mention of no Smarties and Wunderbar)

wow,that's remarkable,Tam..tell me,how long have you lived in the States?

Written By: Tam on 03/09/05 at 12:48 am

just over 2 years

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:51 am

thanks so much for sharing,Tam..hopefully you'll be back with me before too long..now,before you go,i always ask my guests two questions before they go..what is your favourite song and what are your words to live by?

Written By: Tam on 03/09/05 at 12:54 am

thanks so much for sharing,Tam..hopefully you'll be back with me before too long..now,before you go,i always ask my guests two questions before they go..what is your favourite song and what are your words to live by?

Thanks for having me ktelqueen. It has been my pleasure!
My favourite song is .. hmmm... so many to choose from.... I guess anything by Duran Duran and words to live by - like my sig line says:
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world"
Thanks again!

<-- exits stage left

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/09/05 at 12:55 am

I'm too tired to do a full interview right now, but I will drop back in here tommorrow and answer a few questions ktelqueen.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:56 am

Dude,i can't wait to see you..my stage is your stage  ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 12:58 am

Peers into the room...

Aloha!  My name is Karen.  Howzit?  

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 12:58 am

Thanks for having me ktelqueen. It has been my pleasure!
My favourite song is .. hmmm... so many to choose from.... I guess anything by Duran Duran and words to live by - like my sig line says:
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world"
Thanks again!

<-- exits stage left

Tam,i adore your philosophy..it is so true..and so wise for such a smartass..thanks again for comin' out..please join me in welcoming my next guest of the evening,such a good friend and soul sister,Karen..give it up for CeramicsFanatic   :D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 1:00 am

greets with a hug

Karen!so amazing to finally meet you face to face!

welcome to the ktelqueen show,girlfriend !

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 1:00 am

*Blushes from all the attention*

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 1:01 am

*laughs from the sweetness*

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 1:02 am

Why thank you, ktelqueen.  It's a pleasure to be here.   :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/05 at 1:02 am

Can I sell the tickets?

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 1:04 am

Phil! the tickets are free..here..have one..perhaps you'd like to be my next guest shortly  ??? ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 1:05 am

Why thank you, ktelqueen.  It's a pleasure to be here.   :)

thrilled to have you here with me,Karen..so tell me,how is life in Hawaii?

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 1:11 am

as an audience member, I wait intently for the answer

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 1:13 am

Like most places, it has its ups and downs.  I live in a great neighborhood...but the cost of living here is super high.  If you're into warm weather then Hawaii is the place to be.  I grew up in the tropics and would like to one day move to a cooler climate that has the four seasons...but that's where my hubby and I are constantly at odds...  :-\\  

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 1:16 am

as an audience member, I wait intently for the answer

jacks..stay close   ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 1:19 am

Like most places, it has its ups and downs.  I live in a great neighborhood...but the cost of living here is super high.  If you're into warm weather then Hawaii is the place to be.  I grew up in the tropics and would like to one day move to a cooler climate that has the four seasons...but that's where my hubby and I are constantly at odds...  :-\\  

yes,of course,Karen..like any place..i can totally relate..a balance is a good thing,isn't it..it's great to have the beautiful and warm weather but i suppose it is relative when you don't have the opportunity to make snow angels or skate on  frozen lake..sorry i'm sure that only makes you sad to dream of the cold climate again..it's very much the 'grass is greener'.. kind of situation,wouldn't you agree? :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 1:21 am

yes,of course,Karen..like any place..i can totally relate..a balance is a good thing,isn't it..it's great to have the beautiful and warm weather but i suppose it is relative when you don't have the opportunity to make snow angels or skate on  frozen lake..sorry i'm sure that only makes you sad to dream of the cold climate again..it's very much the 'grass is greener'.. kind of situation,wouldn't you agree? :)

Definitely a 'grass is greener' situation, yes!

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 1:24 am

so,tell me,Karen,what do you remember about living in Canada..if anything..i know you were born here and moved when you were super-young but is there anything you can share with us?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 1:31 am

That is difficult for me to answer because other than the first eight months of my life, I have not lived in Canada.  I vaguely remember going back with my family for a reunion when I was 10 years old.  It was snowing at the time and I must have spent the entire visit playing outside and throwing snowballs at my brothers' heads.  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 1:35 am

of course..only freaks like me remember things so early in childhood  ;D..

that's great to know that at least you got to be here during the winter season which i know you so enjoy and that you got to whoop your brothers' a sses.very cool.

so,let's touch on your part of 'the island'..i understand that you're in a bit of an outport from the big island..how does that impact shopping,i mean,how cute are the shoes? ??? ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 1:47 am

You are right in that I am not situated in the heart of the Oahu, but rather on the leeward side.  It's quieter out here, but it can be frustrating if you're having to deal with traffic issues while trying to get to the freeway.  Getting to the city can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours depending on how traffic is flowing.

If I decide I am going to go shopping, I'll usually try to pick days or times when most people are at work...that way I avoid the crowds.  So far it's worked out pretty well.  :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 1:49 am

You are right in that I am not situated in the heart of the Oahu, but rather on the leeward side.  It's quieter out here, but it can be frustrating if you're having to deal with traffic issues while trying to get to the freeway.  Getting to the city can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours depending on how traffic is flowing.

If I decide I am going to go shopping, I'll usually try to pick days or times when most people are at work...that way I avoid the crowds.  So far it's worked out pretty well.  :)

so,if/when i get there to visit one of these days/years,will i find decent shopping..i remember you talking about Macy's(containing my jealousy as i speak ;D)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 1:53 am

so,if/when i get there to visit one of these days/years,will i find decent shopping..i remember you talking about Macy's(containing my jealousy as i speak ;D)

If you're into higher-end merchandise (as it sounds like you are), you will be in your glory here!  ;)

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 1:55 am

quietly sneeks out the back door..............so sleepy, goodnight

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 2:02 am

If you're into higher-end merchandise (as it sounds like you are), you will be in your glory here!  ;)

;D i'm on my way... 8) ;D

so,Karen,it's been great sharing this time with you..as you know,i have two very imprtant questions..
your favourite song and your words to live by..please share with all of us  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 2:10 am

;D i'm on my way... 8) ;D

so,Karen,it's been great sharing this time with you..as you know,i have two very imprtant questions..
your favourite song and your words to live by..please share with all of us  :)

Rats!  I knew these were coming up!

The first question is easy.  My favorite song is "Right Down The Line" by the wonderfully talented Gerry Rafferty.  For those of you who may not remember, he fronted the band Stealers Wheel in the 1970's before going solo.  :)

I will have to get back with you regarding the second question.  Thank you so much for your time, ktelqueen.  It's been a joy talking to you.  8)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 2:15 am

thanks for making me har-har with 'rats',Karen..it's really refreshing to get to laugh so hard..

"Right Down The Line ' is truly a classic,you share the love of the song with my friend Mark(aka RockandRollFan) who will be joining me very soon on my show..

please enlighten me with your wisdom as it occurs to you,my friend..it's all about positive vibes,right? ;)

it's been more than a pleasure spending time with you,Karen..looking forward to your next visit  :)

Written By: Tam on 03/09/05 at 9:10 pm

(in my best Ed McMahon voice)

I wonder who is next ktel....      ???

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 9:12 pm

well,Tam..tonight we have a very special guest with us..RockandRollFan..Mark,are you ready to join me?

Written By: Mare on 03/09/05 at 9:15 pm

Audience member on edge of seat...will guest show up? Is he stuck in traffic...cold feet?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 9:17 pm

I was nearly broadsided by Sally Jesse! She wants me BAD!!  Hey everyone ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 9:19 pm

Audience member on edge of seat...will guest show up? Is he stuck in traffic...cold feet?

oh,it's always good to start off my show with a huge smile and a lotta laughs..thanks,Mare  ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 9:21 pm

I was nearly broadsided by Sally Jesse! She wants me BAD!!  Hey everyone ;)

well,Mark,i'm glad to see you made your way beyond her show and onto this stage..so,how have you been?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 9:29 pm

well,Mark,i'm glad to see you made your way beyond her show and onto this stage..so,how have you been?
Well, first off thanks for having me on here! Next, I'm great, it's an honour to be here with you, Maria :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 9:31 pm

my pleasure,Mark  :)

so,tell me,Mark..what is the story behind your fascination with the Beatles? how did you first come to love their music?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 9:35 pm

my pleasure,Mark  :)

so,tell me,Mark..what is the story behind your fascination with the Beatles? how did you first come to love their music?
Well I actually wasn't even living in the states when they first appeared on Ed Sullivan. My older sisters actually listened to them a lot so that's where my first fasination came from....when I was...maybe 5

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 9:36 pm

and living in Paris if i remember correctly? :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 9:39 pm

wee, madam ;) Don't EVEN ask me to speak anymore French though...I was too young to grasp the language....I also was told by my mom that I used to play piano by ear, to the radio and she'd have to practically pull me from the bench to catch the bus...again...nothing :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 9:40 pm

The Beatles went to Paris??? ;D
;DHey, Kim!

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 9:42 pm

d'accord..pas de probleme..(ok,no problem..  ;))

wow..that's amazing about the piano..i've always wished that i knew how to play..to create music at your fingertips..ah,i digress..

so,did you listen to the Beatles throughout your life or rediscover them as an adult?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 9:46 pm

d'accord..pas de probleme..(ok,no problem..  ;))

wow..that's amazing about the piano..i've always wished that i knew how to play..to create music at your fingertips..ah,i digress..

so,did you listen to the Beatles throughout your life or rediscover them as an adult?
;) Throughout my life...having older siblings made me feel like I was older than I actually was....I remember listening to a lot of the 60's music and hearing a lot of the events of that time..IN that decade...I can remember stuff from 1965 but have a problem remembering where I live now!

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 9:49 pm

oh dear..well that's a topic for somebody else's show  :o ;D

music is great that way,isn't it,Mark..it really connects us to memories..

um,i must take a moment and veer off the topic a bit..what is this about you not liking strawberries? ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 9:51 pm

*gasps at the thought*
;D It's not what you think, Kim ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 9:53 pm

oh dear..well that's a topic for somebody else's show  :o ;D

music is great that way,isn't it,Mark..it really connects us to memories..

um,i must take a moment and veer off the topic a bit..what is this about you not liking strawberries? ???

Sure does :) Okay...veer if you must but this is NOT what the audience may have anticipated....I was sick to my stomach from them when I was 5 (Still remembering '65) and have never liked them since :P

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 9:54 pm

aww,poor Mark  :-[

ok,i suppose i can understand although i simply adore them and must say that it's rare to know of someone who doesn't enjoy them..but then you are one of a kind,hey? ;)

so,Mark..how is Penny doing these days?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 9:58 pm

aww,poor Mark  :-Yeah that's true I suppose...I also hate going shopping and they have "Strawberry" this and that but hardly any of my favourite....Cherry :D

Penny is a lazy little...bleep! She WILL walk/arun with me but she can't wait to get home and to her food/drink and bed ::)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:00 pm

hmm..are you sure she's female? ::) ;D

well,i know you've been taking her with you lately on your outings..do you find that she motivates you to get out and run?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 10:03 pm

hmm..are you sure she's female? ::) ;D

well,i know you've been taking her with you lately on your outings..do you find that she motivates you to get out and run?
;D
No, the motivation comes soley from my mirror...just before it breaks :D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:05 pm

sure,Mark  ::) ;D..

so,i understand that you're getting over a wrist injury incurred while playing one of your favourite sports..any hope of returning to the basketball court soon? ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 10:08 pm

Yes, thanks for remembering! I will be back on the court (Not IN court) next week, to try and help my team, which has lost 2 in a row :-\\ Although playing sports is wonderful I get much more satisfaction from music/poetry :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:11 pm

yes,i've seen some of your writing..you have quite a way with words  :)

best of luck to you with your return ..i'm sure you're looking forward to that  8)

so,as you probably know by now,Mark i always ask my guests two things before they leave me..what is your favourite song and why and what are your words to live by ? :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 10:15 pm

Thanks, Maria..you inpire a lot of those words ;) As for a favourite song and motto...it changes daily but for now I will say,

Song: All Apologies by Nirvana

Motto: Life's too short so live, love and die peacefully...

Thanks for having me...Give it up for our beautiful host!!!!
:-*

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:17 pm

thanks for sharing,Mark..i'd love to have you visit me again some time..take care and please join me in welcoming nally...good evening,Jeff  :)

Written By: nally on 03/09/05 at 10:17 pm

Good evening all... I'm glad to be here. :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:19 pm

well,Jeff..so happy that you were able to make it..i know you're really busy with school and homework these days...can you share with us what type of school you attend and what you're studying? :)

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 10:20 pm

Good evening all... I'm glad to be here. :)

Hello everybody!  Nally, did you save me a seat?

Written By: nally on 03/09/05 at 10:23 pm

Okay... my name is Jeffrey and I attend Cal State University Northridge (in the Los Angeles area), and I am currently enrolled in math-related courses. I had started out as a Computer Science major, but I think I'm definitely going to change my major to math. See, as I approached the upper division courses, they began to get increasingly tough for me, and I couldn't keep up very well. And one year ago, I was struggling in just about every course...so that's why I thought about changing directions.

Do I need to explain anything more? ;)

Jeff

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:26 pm

that sounds great,Jeff..well,i am curious about the electives you have taken..i think there have been some fun ones over the past year or so including golf and aerobics..what can you tell me about those?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 10:29 pm

thanks for sharing,Mark..i'd love to have you visit me again some time..take care and please join me in welcoming nally...good evening,Jeff  :)
Had a great time, Maria! Anytime you want me, I'd be happy to come back ;) Welcome, Jeff :)

(darn dial up is why this took so long to post)

Written By: nally on 03/09/05 at 10:31 pm

that sounds great,Jeff..well,i am curious about the electives you have taken..i think there have been some fun ones over the past year or so including golf and aerobics..what can you tell me about those?

Those were "activity" courses; in the golf class we learned the basics of putting, stroking, and golf etiquette; for our "final" we played on a nine hole course. In the aerobics class we exercised with dance music.

I also took an art class last semester; I had fun in there. I'd explain more, but I think I should get going now, since I have some physics homework to finish. It was nice to stop by...can I come back some time tomorrow? :) ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:34 pm

Those were "activity" courses; in the golf class we learned the basics of putting, stroking, and golf etiquette; for our "final" we played on a nine hole course. In the aerobics class we exercised with dance music.

I also took an art class last semester; I had fun in there. I'd explain more, but I think I should get going now, since I have some physics homework to finish. It was nice to stop by...can I come back some time tomorrow? :) ;)

aww,Jeff such a brief appearance..your seat is saved for you for tomorrow night. ;)

thanks for shedding some light on the activity courses..i remember you telling me about a dance routine you did to J Lo's Let's Get Loud one time..that must have been a lot of fun  :)..until tomorrow,my friend  8)

Written By: Apricot on 03/09/05 at 10:34 pm

Ey! I got a quandry for ya. *takes a seat*

My name is Isaac and I'm from Pennsylvania. So anyway, there's this girl who I made a CD for, right? She loved it, so I made her another. When I gave it to her, she got really, really happy. Like I'd given her a ring happy. Seriously. Thinking about it, I wonder if it's not so much the CD as it is me. She's really nice to me, and pretty attractive. And now, the more I think about the prospect of being with her, the more I want to. I originally wasn't too attracted to her, now I'm really attracted. I'd like to get to know her a little better, and then tell her how I feel. What do you think I should do?

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:35 pm

well, hello there,Isaac..great to meet you  :)

let me consider your situation for a moment..

Written By: Apricot on 03/09/05 at 10:38 pm

Go right ahead!

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:44 pm

Ey! I got a quandry for ya. *takes a seat*

My name is Isaac and I'm from Pennsylvania. So anyway, there's this girl who I made a CD for, right? She loved it, so I made her another. When I gave it to her, she got really, really happy. Like I'd given her a ring happy. Seriously. Thinking about it, I wonder if it's not so much the CD as it is me. She's really nice to me, and pretty attractive. And now, the more I think about the prospect of being with her, the more I want to. I originally wasn't too attracted to her, now I'm really attracted. I'd like to get to know her a little better, and then tell her how I feel. What do you think I should do?

well, first of all i must say that's sweet of you to have made her those cd's..i'm sure she really appreciated them  :)
i think it's a great idea for you to take your time and get to know her.for most romantic relationships that succeed,they begin as friendships. :)
so,my advice is to play it by ear and be cool for now  ;)

thanks for dropping in,Isaac but i must say goodbye for now since my next guest is waiting patiently in the wings..here's jacks..welcome,Chrissy  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 10:46 pm

Nice to see you, Isaac! Hey, Chrissy :)

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 10:48 pm

Ooops, sorry!  I was in the back touching up my make-up. ::)

Thank you for the warm welcome.  

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 10:49 pm

Nice to see you, Isaac! Hey, Chrissy :)

Hi, Mark! :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:51 pm

Ooops, sorry!  I was in the back touching up my make-up. ::)

Thank you for the warm welcome.  

as you would ..i can so relate  ;)

so,Chrissy,fabulous that you could be here tonight..tell me a little bit about yourself..i understand you have two sweet little girls? :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/09/05 at 10:54 pm

Hi Maria. Just decided to make a cameo before going to bed. I hope this works out for you. Nice job so far. ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:55 pm

Hi Maria. Just decided to make a cameo before going to bed. I hope this works out for you. Nice job so far. ;)

hi Jonathan..always great to see you..hopefully you'll have more time to visit with me on the weekend  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 03/09/05 at 10:56 pm

Agreed. This helped me out a good deal. It contradicted a lot of advice I was given, but this seems like it'd work. Went with my gut feeling. Thanks!

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 10:57 pm

Agreed. This helped me out a good deal. It contradicted a lot of advice I was given, but this seems like it'd work. Went with my gut feeling. Thanks!

glad to help,Isaac..i have lots of experience to draw from(i'm kinda old lol) ;)
keep us posted  :)

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 10:58 pm

Thanks again, glad to be here.

Yes it's true, I have two adorable girls.  Brooke is 3 and Clarissa is 21 months.  I live in Pensacola, Fl but I'm originally from Southern California.  Oh, I can't forget my wonderful husband George.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 11:01 pm

what beautiful names  :)

i'm sure you're busy with them and i can only imagine how much fun it must be shopping for them and playing dress-up  8)

so,i think you used to be in the Air Force,right Chrissy?what was that like?  ???

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 11:11 pm

what beautiful names  :)

i'm sure you're busy with them and i can only imagine how much fun it must be shopping for them and playing dress-up  8)

so,i think you used to be in the Air Force,right Chrissy?what was that like?  ???

Oh boy, you don't want to get me started on shopping for them.  It is lots of fun.  I'm sooooo bad.  I think they have about 40 pairs of shoes combined.  Well, you know you have to have a different color for each outfit. ::)

Yes I was in the AF and I loved it!  I worked in Finance and loved that too.  I was stationed at Luke AFB (Phoenix) loved that too, and Travis AFB (between Sacramento and San Fran)  I got out because I didn't want to deploy to Iraq and leave my two cuties.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 11:14 pm

Oh boy, you don't want to get me started on shopping for them.  It is lots of fun.  I'm sooooo bad.  I think they have about 40 pairs of shoes combined.  Well, you know you have to have a different color for each outfit. ::)

Yes I was in the AF and I loved it!  I worked in Finance and loved that too.  I was stationed at Luke AFB (Phoenix) loved that too, and Travis AFB (between Sacramento and San Fran)  I got out because I didn't want to deploy to Iraq and leave my two cuties.

shopping is almost enough reason for me to consider having one but not quite  ;)
abso-freakin'-lutely about the shoes!like mother like daughters i'm sure  8)

well,that's more than understandable! :)
does George travel a lot or is he stationed home with you for a while?

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 11:22 pm

shopping is almost enough reason for me to consider having one but not quite  ;)
abso-freakin'-lutely about the shoes!like mother like daughters i'm sure  8)

well,that's more than understandable! :)
does George travel a lot or is he stationed home with you for a while?

George is in the AF also.  He is in training right now, which is the reason we are in Pensacola.  He does a little bit of travel with his training.  He has to fly a lot, but comes home at the end of the day.  He is training to be a navigator on either the B-1 or F-15 (AF planes).  Speaking of which he will be in San Diego all weekend and you can bet you butt I will be at Happy Hour this week having a few drinkies.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 11:25 pm

that's great that he's home with you most of the time especially when the girls are so young  :)

hmmm.happy hour..i may need you to hold down the fort for me until i get here on Friday night then..i  have a prior happy hour to attend  ;)

so,you recently missed a fun friday night with us due to a trip to Atlanta..was it your first time there and how was the shopping?

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 11:32 pm

that's great that he's home with you most of the time especially when the girls are so young  :)

hmmm.happy hour..i may need you to hold down the fort for me until i get here on Friday night then..i  have a prior happy hour to attend  ;)

so,you recently missed a fun friday night with us due to a trip to Atlanta..was it your first time there and how was the shopping?

That was actually my second time in Atlanta.  I was there once before with the AF.  The shopping was wonderful.  I just wish I had more time and money. :D  We don't have the best malls here in Pensacola so whenever I go to a "normal" city I go buck wild at the mall. :D  We have no Macy's, no Nordstrom.  We do have Dillards but I'm not that impressed. :P

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 11:35 pm

nothin' like goin' buck wild at the mall,hey sister  8)..here in Canada,we have none of those stores but i get to live vicariously through my friend Karen in Hawaii when she shops at Macy's  ;)

speaking of shopping,i read a quote from you recently..

"I was trying to figure out the name of a bag we carried in the 80s"...i'm intrigued..were you working in retail at the time and what was the bag?

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 11:43 pm

nothin' like goin' buck wild at the mall,hey sister  8)..here in Canada,we have none of those stores but i get to live vicariously through my friend Karen in Hawaii when she shops at Macy's  ;)

speaking of shopping,i read a quote from you recently..

"I was trying to figure out the name of a bag we carried in the 80s"...i'm intrigued..were you working in retail at the time and what was the bag?

No, I was in elementary school or junior high at the time, or did you mean was I working in retail when I was researching it?  I never found out what the bag was called.  Do you remember Jelly Shoes?  The bag was similar.  It was made out of the same plastic that they use for those plastic hangers you can buy for $1 and it was woven like the Jelly Shoes.  It looked like it was made to use at the beach, but we used it for school books.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 11:48 pm

No, I was in elementary school or junior high at the time, or did you mean was I working in retail when I was researching it?  I never found out what the bag was called.  Do you remember Jelly Shoes?  The bag was similar.  It was made out of the same plastic that they use for those plastic hangers you can buy for $1 and it was woven like the Jelly Shoes.  It looked like it was made to use at the beach, but we used it for school books.

LMAO..i was thinking..hmm..i worked in retail in the 80s during highschool/university and i know you're several years younger than i am so i was a bit confused..too funny that you meant 'carry' in the literal sense of the word  ;D

unfortunately i can't help you with the name..i know what jelly shoes are although i never wore them..i was into leather 'pumps' back in those days along with a rainbow of colours of short boots with high heels  :D

well,jacks,we're almost out of time..as you know,i have two last questions for you..what is your favourite song and what are your words to live by?

Written By: jackas on 03/09/05 at 11:56 pm

LMAO..i was thinking..hmm..i worked in retail in the 80s during highschool/university and i know you're several years younger than i am so i was a bit confused..too funny that you meant 'carry' in the literal sense of the word  ;D

unfortunately i can't help you with the name..i know what jelly shoes are although i never wore them..i was into leather 'pumps' back in those days along with a rainbow of colours of short boots with high heels  :D

well,jacks,we're almost out of time..as you know,i have two last questions for you..what is your favourite song and what are your words to live by?

Oooh, I don't have a favorite song, there are way too many good ones out there.

Words to live by:  Never say never. (should be "don't ever" say never)

And I would like to thank you one more time for allowing me to be here tonight.  I've really enjoyed your wonderful show.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 11:58 pm

thanks to you Chrissy,you've been quite a highlight  ;)

and with that,i'll say goodnight ..until tomorrow when i catch up with nally and crazymom,perhaps even a surprise guest  :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 10:40 pm

good evening everyone and welcome back to The ktelqueen Show..please join me in welcoming back to my stage your friend and mine,nally..hi Jeff  :)

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 10:48 pm

Good evening, fellow posters... I'm glad to be here once again. Yesterday, I believe I was discussing the classes I've been taking. On our last episode I talked about my golf class and my aerobics class.

I just happened to read the response to my post about the aerobics...yes, my partner and I led everyone in a routine to J Lo's "Let's Get Loud"...that was part of the 'warmup'...the main routine, which lasted 5 minutes, we used "Arrasondo (It's My Party)" by Thalia (the Spanish version). For our 'cooldown' we selected Savage Garden's "Truly Madly Deeply." That was our complete routine (consisting of three phases: warmup, main routine, cooldown).

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 10:50 pm

wow,Jeff..and we just happen to have the video..j/k but how i wish  ;)

so,i think we should get right to it Jeff in case you ghave to run off again tonight..i'm really interested in understanding your passion for keeping everything in order here on the boards..are you just as organized in all aspects of your life or is this your outlet? :)

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 10:53 pm

Well...I do like to be organized...although every now and then, some parts of my life become disorganized and it takes a while for me to get them reorganized. There just aren't enough hours in a day to do everything you need to do.

Say, where is everybody else tonight? ???

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 10:55 pm

i can so relate to that,Jeff..so much to do..so little time  :D

i'm not sure..who are you looking for? ???

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/10/05 at 10:57 pm

*Waves from her seat in the audience*

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 10:58 pm

*Waves from her seat in the audience*

Hi, Karen! :) Glad you could make it.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 11:00 pm

so,Jeff,have you thought about what you'd like to do when you graduate?

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 11:06 pm

I haven't given it a whole lotta thought... but I just want to do something I will enjoy. Heck, I don't even know when I'm going to gradute. :-\\ :-[ However, I have done research on various occupations that involve math and/or computers. For example, according to what I read on "computer programmer", a strong background of mathematics is recommended.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 11:08 pm

computer programming would be fun..i think you'd be really good as an editor too..or proofreader...something i enjoy myself  :)

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 11:12 pm

I enjoy proofreading too!... but it's not something I'd probably do as an occupation, though. :-[ See, I did some researching on that,too, but it wasn't very high-paying, and it's not something I could do as a job :-\\ I do like to proofread, though ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 11:14 pm

yes,i've noticed  :D ;)

so,Jeff know that you're quite a sports fan..i recently read that you have over 6000 baseball cards..tell me about your love of sports

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 11:22 pm

Yes I do indeed have over six thousand baseball cards...how very observant...and as you may have guessed, baseball is my favourite sport; I enjoy watching it and recording the statistics and scores. My favorite team is the Dodgers (I've liked my local teams since I was little). I have been collecting baseball cards since I was about 7 years old (you probably read that too); and most of the cards in my collection are from the late 80's and early 90's.

Does anyone have any questions they'd like to ask me?

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 11:25 pm

yes,Jeff..i don't miss a trick  ;)

well,so far the format has been a one on one interview if that's ok with you.. ;)

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 11:26 pm

yes,Jeff..i don't miss a trick  ;)

well,so far the format has been a one on one interview if that's ok with you.. ;)

Sure, that's perfectly fine with me. :) But Karen was here not too long ago.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 11:27 pm

yes,she's here..she's in the audience  ;)

Karen,do you have any questions for Jeff? ???

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/10/05 at 11:37 pm

I do have one question for Jeff. 

I think you mentioned to me a while back that you were from Oxnard.  I've been there once myself and I thought it was a nice area.  Do you think you will stay there once you get your degree?  Or do you have other places in mind that you'd like to move to?

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 11:41 pm

Well...I have lived in Oxnard for four years now. I enjoy it out here; it's pleasant. I honestly don't know where I'd want to move to in the future. I love it out here, considering I was living in a hot (and undesirable) part of town (which began going downhill over a decade ago) for the first 20 years of my life.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/10/05 at 11:45 pm

Well if you're happy there then there's no need to move, right?

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 11:47 pm

Maybe so...but I should move out someday and find my own place so I can start a family.

Anyway...I should probably get going. It's been nice being on the 'show' this evening; I shall look forward to the next one. Good night, everybody! :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 11:50 pm

goodnight,Jeff.. :)

well,we're running a little long but hopefully we still have time for a very good friend of mine,JavaChick

how are you tonight,Chick? :)

Written By: JavaChick on 03/10/05 at 11:51 pm

Hi Maria!  *runs in and plops myself down on the big couch* .. sorry I missed my cue.  It's great to be here  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/10/05 at 11:52 pm

*Applauds as javachick enters the room*

Written By: JavaChick on 03/10/05 at 11:52 pm

*biting nails*  ???

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 11:54 pm

wow..so good to see you!!!

this is a great time to introduce you not only to my show but to the boards as well..this is the fabulous place i've told you about for so long
..welcome! :)

Written By: JavaChick on 03/10/05 at 11:56 pm

Thank you for the intro!  I'm totally at home in a a penguin place lol.. one of the chat places I go to pengy's are the entry avatar and we all love them to bits.  Once & a while we bbq a few.. but we're trying to cut back.  I must say - not so happy about having a "wheezy" status!! Makes me sound.. well.. out of breath lol

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/10/05 at 11:57 pm

oh,Chick..we've all been through it..it's all good.. ;)

well tell me about what's going on with you lately?

Written By: JavaChick on 03/10/05 at 11:58 pm

Well not a whole lot to be honest.  My b/f is MIA thanks to one family crisis after another lately.  I'm thrilled to have TWO days off of work in a ROW and my coffee pot has been taking a well deserved break for the last hour or so.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 12:00 am

you actually managed to put your cup down?i had my people brew a vat for your visit so let me know  ;)

hmmmm...M.I.A. that can't be good..

Written By: JavaChick on 03/11/05 at 12:01 am

You have people??? I want some people!!!  And nooooooooo MIA is not good - he has some major sucking up to do when he finally shows his face........ lol

Written By: JavaChick on 03/11/05 at 12:01 am

oops and a vat eh?  Well, if you insist......... hehe  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 12:03 am

i see :).

yes,i have some really great people who put this show together for me..namely Tam and of course Karen,my faithful audience member and excellent guest   :)

so,Chick..i see you have a lovely sigline..i must take this time to thank you for all of the wonderful siglines you have made for me over the months   8)

(i do insist..of course   ;))

Written By: JavaChick on 03/11/05 at 12:06 am

Not to mention excellent spontaneous co-host!  Well done Karen.  You're very welcome for the sig lines etc..  I love making them and as you've recently figured out, they're not nearly as hard as they seem to create.  I can't take the credit for the one I'm using tho, I ermmm "borrowed" it from another site  *blush*

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 12:08 am

yes,good point..a shout out to Karen for co-hosting tonight..and to Tam for being my Ed McMahon at a moment's notice  8)

oooh..borrowing siglines..hmmm..sounds a tad bit illegal but we'll go with it  ;D

so,Chick,would you like to share with us a bit about what you do for a living?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 12:11 am

*Nods to ktelqueen and javachick for the honorable mention*

Written By: Tam on 03/11/05 at 12:11 am

Tam pokes her head in the curtain and yells "Hi-OOOO!" then exits stage left!     8)

Written By: JavaChick on 03/11/05 at 12:12 am

oooh..borrowing siglines..hmmm..sounds a tad bit illegal but we'll go with it  ;D

ermm stealing? nooooo I would NEVER do that!  ... I "borrowed" it from a free gif site.  There are tons of them around.  I have one myself but I haven't been very good lately in it's upkeep.  

I've worked in the tourist industry since I was 19 years old.  I'm closing in on my mid 30's now.. I'm too lazy to do the math lol but lets just say it feels like forever.  Currently I'm working in a hotel.  It's like a constant freak show somedays.  I think anyone who works in customer service would agree.   ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 12:14 am

*Would like to let javachick know that she likes her signature image*

Written By: JavaChick on 03/11/05 at 12:15 am

Thank you CeramicsFan!  :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 12:16 am

great to have you with us,Karen & Tam  ;)

hmmm...a freakshow,you say?maybe you can give us an example of what you're talking about.. ???

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/11/05 at 12:18 am

hey everyone, how's the show going?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 12:19 am

*Quietly helps Brian to his seat in the audience*

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 12:20 am

hey,Brian..pretty well right now..the pace has picked up a bit  :)..are you around in a few minutes to join me?

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/11/05 at 12:21 am

yes right here.

Written By: JavaChick on 03/11/05 at 12:21 am

Welllllll... lol  Just the other day I was standing at the front desk with a co-worker.  In through the street entrance strolls a local.  Very classy local too I might add.  Clad from head to toe in black.  Dirty black jeans, dirty black boots, dirty black hat and a dirty black leather jacket that matched perfectly with his greasy long black hair and beard.  He goes all the way past the desk, then doubles back and asks.. "Where is the divorce court?"  ... Divorce court? ermm.. "Perhaps in city hall?" I say.. while in my head thinking oh lord  .. This apparently was the wrong answer to give.  The guy starts beating the crap out of the counter with a rolled up magazine in his hand and begins bellowing as loud as he can that I'm a liar etc..  Anyway, he turned slightly abusive verbally and as the phone was picked up by my co-worker to call security he decides he'll leave telling me he'll be waiting for me outside.  He'll "get me!!" etc etc..

So much fun.. so many freaks..  It's things like that that make me wish we could drink on the job.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 12:25 am

*Cringes after hearing javachick's statement*

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 12:26 am

oh dear..sounds like he'd be an interesting guest on someone else's show :D...well,surely,Chick,you must have some fun experiences working at a hotel..i'm sure everyone is always happy while staying at a luxurious hotel and very appreciative of the service you give them  ??? :)

Written By: JavaChick on 03/11/05 at 12:31 am

lol... ermm yes so very appreciative.  I just know the guy I had to kick out on the weekend (another local) was thrilled with me.  He even compared me to Sheera (sp?) And let me know I wasn't welcome in HIS home, his mother's home or anyone's home he knew.  Oh yes, and of course I'd better not see him on the street or look out!! 

But seriously, sometimes we do have a lot of fun at work with some of the guests.  I love a guest who has a strong sense of humour and can take my sarcasm.  The staff is great too, we have a fantastic team who is great to work with.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 12:33 am

wow,Chick..sounds like the craziness never ends  :o

i'm glad to know that you enjoy yourself overall,though..

since this is a music forum,Chick,i must ask you about your interest in music..do you share the love? 8)

Written By: JavaChick on 03/11/05 at 12:37 am

Yep yep, I do love music.  Although I'm not quite at the same level as you are!  I enjoy all different types of music - with the exception of country.  I just can't feel it.  Dance is one of my faves, but I also really enjoy bands like Creed, Nickleback and Evanessance. 

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 12:45 am

well,we'll get you into a bit more around here,i'm sure  ;)

before you go,Chick..i'll ask you the two questions i've been asking all of my guests..what is your favourite song and what are your words to live by?

Written By: JavaChick on 03/11/05 at 12:50 am

It's a distinct possiblity M.. I like what I've seen of the board so far, everyone seems very nice. 

Favorite song and words to live by.. tough ones. Hmmm.. well my favorite song changes constantly I guess it depends on my mood.. as you know.. I'm kinda moody lol  So for now I'll go with "Pressure" - Bowie.  Words to live by..  "Live life with as little regret as possible"

Thanks for having me, it's been a blast and it's been great to meet everyone :)

Goodnight everyone!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 12:54 am

*Applauds javachick*

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 12:56 am

well,Chick,thank you so much for being here..you're so much fun   8)

you're right about everyone being nice..it's the coolest place on earth..well,almost as cool as Funkytown in Montreal   ;)

on that note,i think i'll change it up around here for a bit and welcome audience members to ask questions,seek advice, chat about what's on their minds etc while the show is 'on the air' and between guests ..we'll see how it goes.. :)

Written By: jackas on 03/11/05 at 12:56 am

*Applauds javachick*

*sneaks in between acts*

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 1:10 am

how are you doing tonight,Chrissy? great to see you again  :)

Written By: jackas on 03/11/05 at 1:11 am

how are you doing tonight,Chrissy? great to see you again  :)

I'm doing just wonderful!  It is great to see you again too. :)  May I ask where in Canada you are?

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 1:15 am

;)

of course :)..i'm from Nova Scotia but i live in New Brunswick..the eastern part of Canada referred to as the Atlantic Provinces
( New Brunswick borders Maine)  :)..have you ever been to Canada?

Written By: jackas on 03/11/05 at 1:21 am

;)

of course :)..i'm from Nova Scotia but i live in New Brunswick..the eastern part of Canada referred to as the Atlantic Provinces
( New Brunswick borders Maine  :)..have you ever been to Canada?

I've been to British Columbia.  Vancouver, Whistler, Nanaimo.  It's a beautiful place!  My Dads father was French Canadian. :P  I guess that makes me 1/4.  Rousseau was my maiden name.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 1:23 am

right on..i've read that you're not a big fan of the French connection  ;)
why is that? ???

Written By: jackas on 03/11/05 at 1:27 am

right on..i've read that you're not a big fan of the French connection  ;)
why is that? ???

I guess it's just the France - U.S. tension that's been going on for the last few years. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/05 at 1:29 am

Excuse, can I take this empty seat in the row?

Written By: jackas on 03/11/05 at 1:32 am

Excuse, can I take this empty seat in the row?

Hey, Philip. :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 1:32 am

Philip!i see you got the ticket i left for you at the door  ;) 8)

sit anywhere you're comfortable..on the stage or in the audience..it's your call  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/05 at 1:35 am

Philip!i see you got the ticket i left for you at the door  ;) 8)

sit anywhere you're comfortable..on the stage or in the audience..it's your call  :)
I better go back to the door and get my ticket?

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 1:36 am

no,no..you're good  ;)

how are you doing these days,Phil?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/05 at 1:37 am

All is fine, a bit of study and work here and there.

Written By: jackas on 03/11/05 at 1:38 am

Oh my gosh, we're like the only freaks here still. :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/05 at 1:39 am

Oh my gosh, we're like the only freaks here still. :D

...and I will be off soon

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 1:39 am

I've been to British Columbia.   Vancouver, ...

That's where I was born!   8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/05 at 1:40 am

I have never graced the soil of Canada.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 1:43 am

well,perhaps you should grace us with your presence sometime Phil..we're a pretty cool country  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/05 at 1:44 am

well,perhaps you should grace us with your presence sometime Phil..we're a pretty cool country  8)
One day I do wish to travel the world to watch cricket being played and Canada most certainly plays that game.

Written By: jackas on 03/11/05 at 1:46 am

That's where I was born!   8)

Really?  That's a cool city.  I was really surprised by Vancouver.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 1:47 am

One day I do wish to travel the world to watch cricket being played and Canada most certainly plays that game.

who knew?

do you play or just enjoy being a spectator? :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 1:50 am

Really?  That's a cool city.  I was really surprised by Vancouver.

I've heard it's a neat city, but unfortunately I don't remember much because I was only a baby when my family left Canada.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/05 at 1:51 am

who knew?

do you play or just enjoy being a spectator? :)

Just a spectator, my body now is not so willing.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 1:52 am

i see.. ;)

so are you in school and working at the same time,Phil?what ar you studying? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/05 at 1:53 am

i see.. ;)

so are you in school and working at the same time,Phil?what ar you studying? ???

School!

I work and do a Open University home study course.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 1:57 am

got it..i'm glad you still have time to hang out with us here  :)

so,what do you do for fun?

Written By: jackas on 03/11/05 at 2:02 am

I've heard it's a neat city, but unfortunately I don't remember much because I was only a baby when my family left Canada.

It seemed like a mix between the U.S. and Europe.  The high rise buildings in Vancouver didn't look the same as the ones in the States but the houses looked like houses in the States.  It was cool to see a different country besides Mexico. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/05 at 2:05 am

got it..i'm glad you still have time to hang out with us here  :)

so,what do you do for fun?

Apart from the Internet, I enjoy a good comedy show on TV or Radio, and of course watching cricket.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 2:07 am

It seemed like a mix between the U.S. and Europe.  The high rise buildings in Vancouver didn't look the same as the ones in the States but the houses looked like houses in the States.  It was cool to see a different country besides Mexico. :P

Sounds nice!  :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/11/05 at 2:08 am

well,everyone,thanks for participating in the new open forum concept that we'll enjoy between/after guests..until tomorrow night  8)

Written By: Tam on 03/13/05 at 11:54 pm

Tam walks in to the quiet set... decides "this isnt a good thing" and throws all the light and camera switches!

Hello? Hello? Testing one, two, three... Is this thing on??

:D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/14/05 at 12:00 am

well,good evening,Tam..the show has been on hiatus for a couple of nights..i prefer to be on the air when my co-host is available..so,what's going on with you? :)

Written By: Tam on 03/14/05 at 12:04 am

Not too much. I still have a house guest which is driving me insane but Army wives have to stick together! ;)
Mike is sitting in the room - playin video games and we got Nick at Nite on....  YeeHaw!

I sound like the most boring person in the world! We are also still waiting on the return of my husband. The house is ready to go so now he just needs to make the grand entrance!

Seriously out of date - we watched I, Robot tonight. It wasn't actually that bad! Of course it was also on the flat screen so that is a plus! Spring break has started for Mike so now you have to know that after this week I am gonna need a day spa - H*ll - maybe a week spa!!!

What's new with you Maria?

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/14/05 at 12:11 am

boring? no..amazingly calm and rexed?shockingly so!..i'm sure things feel pretty surreal for you at the moment with your husband's imminent return  :)

great timing that Mike is off school for the week  8)

i'm sure you'll have lots of pampering soon enough  ;)

let's see..what's new with me?well,i'm trying very hard not to miss you too much as you entertain your company and get all of your stuff done for the homecoming..otherwise,looking forward to some renovations to my house  being done tomorrow and the next day(although dreading the fact that i won't exactly be able to sleep in  :D))

Written By: Tam on 03/14/05 at 12:22 am

Are you getting the rugs/tiles done? If that isn't it then I have been out of the loop for too long!  ;D

I have sooooo missed being on here!
So much has happened and yet it seems so little!
(shifts in her seat to pull her legs underneath her)
Today I had to help one of my friends move the vehicles around in her driveway
Under normal circumstances anyone could do this by themselves, but I had to drive the Jeep. Why? Stick Shift!
So I get in and the emergency brake is on. So I pull up and click the button, go to slide it down and it goes nowhere!
I pushed, pulled, pushed some more - nothing.
I'm looking at it and realize that whoever parked it in the first place has pulled the emergency brake up AS FAR AS THE DANG THING WILL GO!! No room left to lift it...
So... picture this:
I shift around inside, put one foot on passenger seat, other on drivers.... straddling the brake!
Keeping in mind that the soft top IS ON so I am half bent over in a very compromising position!
I grabbed hold of the stick (oh where this could lead to...) and reefed as hard as I could!
Voila!!! It realeased and alls well that ends well!
My girlfriend was no help cause all she did was roll on the ground laughing hysterically and pausing long enough to take blackmail pics!
:o                              ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/14/05 at 12:28 am

wellTam..that is quite a visual..bearing in mind i'm a non-driver(see happy hour thread),i definitely would have been laughing with your friend on the ground  instead of having the slightest clue how to help.. ;D

..reminds me of grade 12 when my friend got her Pony(Hyundai car)stuck in my driveway and she asked me to get in the driver's seat while she got out and pushed(have i mentioned lately i'm a bit of a princess lol)..anywho,she said when i say go,put your foot on the gas..well,after several exchanges like this and the car going nowhere fast,she approached the front of the car to see what was going on..who knew the gas isn't on the left(i'm left-handed..what can i tell ya  :-[ ;D)

Written By: Tam on 03/14/05 at 12:32 am

Laugh all you want! One day I will get my vengence!

Imagine my shock and hooror when I read you don't drive!! A pure Canadian Girl like you?
It must have been hard getting to and from the bar on New Years! No busses and cabs taking forever - but knowing you - you probably sweet talked someone you knew into a ride! (emphasis on the KNEW)  ;)

And Girl - a blast from the past! I haven't heard anyone talk about a Pony in years!!!  :D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/14/05 at 12:46 am

i will,i will  ;D ;)

trust me when i tell you that taking a bus on new year's has never been a consideration..lol..somehow i've managed pretty well to this point but i know i'm in the one percet of non-drivers and i'm missing out  ::)

you know,i haven't even thought about a Pony in years  ;)..not the coolest car.. :D

even being away from the boards*cries*,you've still managed to stay enough in the loop to know about the reno's..porcelain tile entrance/hallway/downstairs bathroom,new carpet for the stairs and landings..i can't wait until it's finished  8)

i wonder if anyone here wants to drop by for a minute to say hey?

Written By: Tam on 03/14/05 at 12:54 am

Tam slides to the side of the couch in anticipation of the next guest

She sees ADH13 in the crowd and motions to come sit down and chat a bit

Written By: Tam on 03/30/05 at 6:23 pm

Well folks - viewer ratings are in and unfortunately The ktelqueen Show will be removed.
Our affiliates and endorsers have decided that the money simply is not there and so we can no longer afford to pay Maria the salary she is demanding! (Geesh, and you thought the Friends Stars wanted a lot of money!!)  :o

;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/30/05 at 6:28 pm

Well folks - viewer ratings are in and unfortunately The ktelqueen Show will be removed.
Our affiliates and endorsers have decided that the money simply is not there and so we can no longer afford to pay Maria the salary she is demanding! (Geesh, and you thought the Friends Stars wanted a lot of money!!)  :o

;D

Now you stop that right now!!  I, being the faithful viewer and (sometimes) co-host that I am, demand that you keep this show on the air until it's at least finished its trial run!  ;)

Written By: Tam on 03/30/05 at 6:29 pm

Now you stop that right now!!  I, being the faithful viewer and (sometimes) co-host that I am, demand that you keep this show on the air until it's at least finished its trial run!  ;)

Yes Mom!  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/30/05 at 6:29 pm

as the host of the show,i propose a Friday night time slot  8)

Written By: Tam on 03/30/05 at 6:30 pm

Am I grounded now?  :-[

;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/30/05 at 6:32 pm

Yes Mom!  ;D

;D

Written By: Tam on 03/30/05 at 6:35 pm

as the host of the show,i propose a Friday night time slot  8)

Friday night could be a good one.
It will then be the final airing episode to determine if viewer's like what they see or if we can it....
Any chance you will come down from wanting $18,000,000 per episode??  ;D  :o

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/30/05 at 6:36 pm

Friday night could be a good one.
It will then be the final airing episode to determine if viewer's like what they see or if we can it....
Any chance you will come down from wanting $18,000,000 per episode??  ;D  :o

actually i was going to propose 19  :o :D ;)

Written By: Tam on 03/30/05 at 6:37 pm

actually i was going to propose 19  :o :D ;)

tsk tsk tsk!!!  :D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/30/05 at 6:40 pm

tsk tsk tsk!!!  :D

hey,i'm pushing for a raise for you as well,Edna McMahon LMAO!!

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/30/05 at 6:44 pm

Glad your show is back on. I'd love to chat, but I'm still at work. So I'll catch the show on TiVo later. ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/30/05 at 6:46 pm

thx,Jonathan..hope to see you Friday night  :)

Written By: whitewolf on 03/30/05 at 6:47 pm

There a show tonight, ktelqueen.

Written By: Tam on 03/30/05 at 6:52 pm

hey,i'm pushing for a raise for you as well,Edna McMahon LMAO!!

Edna!!!! Thats freakin' hilarious!!  ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/30/05 at 6:53 pm

Edna!!!! Thats freakin' hilarious!!  ;D

;D ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/30/05 at 6:53 pm

There a show tonight, ktelqueen.

hi,Tina..it's only on the air for a minute before it moves to Friday  ;)

Written By: Tam on 03/30/05 at 7:30 pm

Till Friday then....

(Tam turns off lights and closes doors - thus helping to save money in order to pay Maria!)

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...