inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tell us your favorite/worse drinking story

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 12:31 am

If any of you has ever drank you must have a wild story or two from that night you downed a few too many, well this is the tread to tell us your favorite/worse drinking story....a bag of black licorice and a bottle of Madurai water melon liquor is not a good supper  ;D

Subject: Re: Tell us your favorite/worse drinking story

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 12:41 am

Let's see.....
i was drinking all sorts of interesting things...mixing mixed drinks with Zima..etc....all I remember is dressing up like a cat and waking up the next morning......MEOW!....or should i say...'OWW'  LOL!

ERin :)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/09/05 at 12:46 am

Well, I remember one time I had a few too many in a bar, and I was standing at the jukebox looking for songs to play, and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone come up next to me.  I just assumed it was my husband (boyfriend at the time) so I put my hand on his butt...when I looked up, I realized it was a total stranger and all my friends in the bar laughed at me.  :-[

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 12:55 am

I remember when I was in the navy getting home about 4:00AM in the morning and I was totally ripped, about 9:00AM that morning I'm awakened by a phone call, I just let it ring, I think it must of rang non stop for an hour and my head was pounding, I felt very sick...I answered the phone and it's my girlfriend wanting to go to the beach, I knew if I didn't go I'd have to break the phone. I drove to her house with one eye open and one closed so could make it without wrecking. I get to her house and I let her drive, she decides to stop by 7-11 for a Coke, I tell her to park on the side because I'm about to puke, well of course she parks in the front of the store, people coming and going. I tell her to hand me a bag because I'm about to lose it. She hands me a paper McDonald's bag and I fill it about half way up, of course the bag quickly starts to go soft and I only have seconds before it's going to break, so without second thought I toss the bag out the window with a loud SPLAT!!! At this point I decided the best thing to do would be to go into the shop and buy a case of beer, the old saying rings true...The best way to beat a hangover is to start drinking again  :D

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/09/05 at 12:57 am

I've drank before, but I only got drunk twice. The first time, I just kind of stumbled around, watched TV, and went to bed. The second time..well the same thing. Except instead of voluntarily going to sleep, I more or less passed out.  ;D

Written By: goodsin on 03/09/05 at 1:45 am

I once nearly set my girlfriend's apartment alight. We were drinking a 70% alcohol Absinthe, a traditional way of drinking this is to pour a measure into a glass, then take a teaspoon of sugar, dip it in the Absinthe, then set alight until it caramelises, then stir into the glass. We did the first one OK, second one I was a bit woozy & leaned the teaspoon against the glass whilst burning the sugar. The glass smashed, spilling it's burning contents across the kitchen surface. Obviously we cleaned it up, but about 5 minutes later I was leaning against the kitchen surface when the arm of my jumper caught fire! Once we'd put me out, we looked flat across the kitchen surface, and there were several pools of Absinthe, still burning with a very low blue flame! Thankfully we DID learn our lesson...

Written By: maddog on 03/09/05 at 3:18 am

The drink that gets me completely smashed is tequila. Whenever I try dinking tequila I end up with blank areas in my memory of what happened during the evening/night.

One one occasion in my early 20s I found myself drinking tequila slammers in a night club in my home town.
I remember walking down the steps to the exit of the club at about 2am. The next thing I can remember I was standing on a railway bridge about 3 miles away, my watch said 4.30am and the pockets of my trousers were full of sand. I also had a mild burn on my face.
To this day I have absolutely no idea how I got there or how the sand got in my pockets.

Warning to all young party goers: watch out for the tequila!!

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 5:00 am

In one of the greek islands Crete, i went out drinking with some Dutch guys. We started at about 9PM and of course coming from england i expected everywhere to close at aounrd 2am... not so. At about 6am we were stumbling along in the town and i decided i was hot. Sooo.. i jumped in to a swimming pool fully dressed and kinda floated for about 20 mins. Of course because of waters effect on clothes i weighed like 50LBs more  ;D I decided to have a sit down. Well the next day, around lunchtime, i woke up in the foyer of this hotel with people just walking past me.

Picked myself up and walked back to the villa. That was a good night.

Written By: Bobby on 03/09/05 at 5:05 am

I was seriously sick after a drinking session one night and my mate (who was also drunk) was filming me with his video camera.  :o

I also was so drunk I fell into a bush at a barbecue. I blamed the wonky chair. :)

Written By: karen on 03/09/05 at 5:29 am

one of my best/worst is drinking Merrydown cider one monday evening.  Part way through the evening I lent forward to talk to this guy and I slid off my stool face first into his lap! 

The next morning I had to go to Uni on the train.  I got to Leicester and then crossed to another platform and caught the next train home I felt so ill still.  I took the day off work and when I went in on the Wednesday people commented on my hangover still.

I don't think I've ever not being able to remember what happened - though sometimes it would have been useful

Written By: Mergal on 03/09/05 at 5:44 am

Worst drinking story for me: A few years ago, when I was on spring break, I was visiting some town in the Shenadoah, and I guess I was a little bit lonely and also I so when I went clubbing and had several glasses of straight vodka!!! Pretty soon I was 45 degrees to the floor, and my friends pretty soon caught on that I was wasted, and one of them even tried to sober me up a little by ordering sausages and syrup for me at the bar! Yet, that didn't work, and when we finally left, I think I passed out in the car because when we finally reached the hotel, I opened my eyes in a somewhat confused state then I stepped out and threw into a paperbag. When I finished, a guy who had a big crush on me saw the whole thing and was laughing his head off.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/09/05 at 9:56 am

When I first got to Greece. Every month my unit had a "Hail and Farewell" party to say hello to newcomers and say good-bye to the people who were leaving. This was my "Hail" party. I was introduced to "jungle juice" and I learned why they called it jungle juice, because it makes you want to swing from the trees-and I was pretty close to doing just that.  :-[ This party just happened to be the day before my birthday. At the stoke of midnight, I started yelling, "It's my birthday." Two really bad things happened that night. First one was when I woke up the next morning, unfortunately I REMEMBERED everything I did. And if that wasn't bad enough, there was a video tape of it. I keep wondering if that blackmail video tape is still out there somewhere.

Cat

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/09/05 at 10:18 am

this one time i got so bored drinking i called the police, i told them i was going to kill myself and they sent a crusier over. i spent the night in the drunk tank.

the one time i got into a fight while drinking. this girl i liked brought her boyfriend over to my place and they took over the stereo. they started to play hip hop and R&B >:(, i was jealous so i started to cause some s**t. myself and this woman got into a heated arguement and she busted a beer bottle over my head. i stood there laughing, bleeding all over, tossing my blood at her, telling her i was jesus and died for her sins. this incited her even more. the cops came, took her away and i got a ride to the hospital....good times, good times....

i got loads more stories, i should write books about my drinking exploits. i'd put charles bukowski to shame  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/09/05 at 6:53 pm

I drank a Long Island Iced Tea :o

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 9:13 pm

Howard

Howard....you lush!!
LOL!

Erin :)

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 9:51 pm

Howard
You're from New York what else would you drink? Boston tea?  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/05 at 10:07 pm

Oh gosh, don't get me going on them....one time a coworker & I were working on a special project where we'd stay overnight nearer the office we were working at. One night at dinner, we each had about 8-9 LIIT's. Thank goodness I wasn't driving because I don't remember going to the hotel, but I woke up the next morning, fully dressed, sleeping on top of the bedspread, which was barely even wrinkled. Needless to say, THAT expense report wasn't turned in ;D

8 or 9?  :o Damn.  You're my hero.  I drank two on New Year's Eve 1999/2000 and missed midnight.

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 10:09 pm

I'm from Chicago....what should I be drinking ???
Beer it goes great with Chicago style pizza  ;)

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 10:17 pm

75 cent Kamikaze night at Sloppy Joe's in Key West, Florida during St Patricks day weekend

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/10/05 at 5:05 am

I went to a party at one of the Big University like rented houses in the city here.. anywhooo.. I woke up on a wall the next day.

The funniest was when my friend Mark set his face on fire  ;D He was drinking Sambuka and had got it all over his lips and whatnot. Anywho, he had another shot (and of course they set Sambuka on fire) and as soon as i touched his lips it set light to what was already there, which in turn caught his facial hair. LMAO! They gave him this water, and he threw it over his shoulder  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: jiminy on 03/10/05 at 5:47 am

I went to a party at one of the Big University like rented houses in the city here.. anywhooo.. I woke up on a wall the next day.

The funniest was when my friend Mark set his face on fire  ;D He was drinking Sambuka and had got it all over his lips and whatnot. Anywho, he had another shot (and of course they set Sambuka on fire) and as soon as i touched his lips it set light to what was already there, which in turn caught his facial hair. LMAO! They gave him this water, and he threw it over his shoulder  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I think if we combined our stories we wouldn't have a book, it would be called a bible  :D We had a guy I tended bar with we nick named the sambuca monster, this guy became the most obnoxious ssassholehen drinking sambuca, he came in the bar on one of his nights off and got really ripped, and the bar manager who was female and very flat chested proceeded to kick him out of the bar, he looked her in the eye and said you and your little training bra are not making me leave...the next day he didn't remember a thing and was lucky to keep his job with the promise he wouldn't drink there again

Written By: jaytee on 03/10/05 at 7:22 am

Yeah, people used to be amazed at the amount I could drink before I got drunk.  Since I don't drink as much anymore, I have nowhere NEAR the tolerance I used to.  My best friend had a theory:  I was drunk, I just didn't realize it so I didn't act like it :P :D

I'd love to have a drink with you ;)  I'm not the get blind and talk crap and repeat myself 50 times kind of drunk :P  I don't have the same tolerance anymore either.  Here we call that being "p!ss fit"  :D 

I've got lots of stories about some of my experiences as a youngster.  One of the funniest was one Friday night my friend Robyn and I headed off to the pub after work for a few quiet ones before heading off to a wine tasting/house warming party.  We were told "it's the white Queenslander across the road from the Pizza Hut" so the cab drops us off and we enter this house and sit in their lounge room (very worse for wear) thinking "where is everyone?"  Next minutes this man walks into the lounge and says "who are you?".  We look down the hall way and there's this bloke's wife and a couple of kids looking bemused at these two drunk women slumped in their lounge watching their TV.  Turns out we were supposed to be at the white house three doors down!  We still laugh about that.

Written By: Paul on 03/10/05 at 7:33 am

I vividly remember a party when I'd just started my embarkation with the dreaded 'alcohol' (15 years old at the time...)

It was a family affair, with a free bar (dangerous...!), so being full of myself (and being 15), I decided to slap Scotch down my throat for the night...

Neat Scotch in double proportions...!!

Long story short, I remember going to the toilet...then blank...

I came to the following morning lying in my parents' bed (always a bad sign) with a screeching hangover and a screeching mother (even worse sign...!) Apparently, I'd passed out in one of the cubicles and someone obviously noticed I was missing, so someone had to climb over the top to let me out...trousers around my ankles and all...!!

I've never touched a drop of Scotch since...!

Other than that, rather ho-hum episodes mainly involving the odd traffic cone being brought home with me (why couldn't I just bring women home like everyone else...?!!)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/10/05 at 7:36 am

They probably wondered what the cone was for Paul

Written By: Paul on 03/10/05 at 7:41 am

They probably wondered what the cone was for Paul

That's the self-same thought I had when I used to wake up on Sundays...!!

And they were never the small ones, either...these were the huge jumbo size thingies that could possibly used on an airport runway...!

To this day I never knew how I smuggled 'em out of the house without the old dear knowing...!!

Written By: joedeertae on 03/10/05 at 8:24 am

I used to have a problem with shedding my clothes when I got sauced! :o :-in band camp... a girl friend and I had left a party at a friends house to go pick up some pizza and to get there we had to drive through the college and we noticed some water sprinklers going off and decided it would be fun to strip down to our birthday suits and "run free" through the sprinklers. We were having  a great time till the campus police showed up and then held us till the local police got there and we had to spend the night in jail.  :P

Another time my roommates and I were sittin around drinking in honor of our roomie who would be leaving for the big city the next day. We had gotten a video camera to record the events as they passed as a memory of our partying days together. As the night progressed and the courage got greater we left the house with camera in hand to the grocery store where he had quit the night before and decide it would be fun to run through through the store buck @ss naked while his girlfriend caught the whole thing on tape, including the police showing up.

Written By: Howard on 03/10/05 at 3:40 pm

You're from New York what else would you drink? Boston tea?  ;D

very funny ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/10/05 at 3:41 pm

I also used to drink 2 Rum Cokes

Howard

Written By: jaytee on 03/10/05 at 4:02 pm

I also used to drink 2 Rum Cokes
Howard

You'd be a cheap date - you're what I'd call a 2 pot screamer!

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/10/05 at 4:03 pm

You'd be a cheap date - you're what I'd call a 2 pot screamer!

LMAO!

Written By: jiminy on 03/10/05 at 9:05 pm

I thought I'd post the Bum Wine link in this tread too, I know I've had a few experiences with them  ;D
http://www.bumwine.com/

Written By: jackas on 03/10/05 at 11:49 pm

I made the mistake of getting completely loaded at an office Christmas Party.  This was back in 98 when I was stationed in Arizona.  Our squadron rented a banquet room in a hotel in Phoenix and after a gift exchange people started passing around the liquor they had just received as gifts.  On top of that we had an open bar for the first two hours of the party so I was slammin back the free drinks.  The first embarrassing thing to happen was, myself and the rest of the girls I worked with started to sing karaoke, and horribly.  Next thing I know I'm dancing up on a table (disclaimer: I wasn't the only one dancing on the tables)  and my section supervisor is over there giving me dollar bills like I was a stripper and I was gladly accepting them.  And yes, his wife was there watching all this.  Once I was off the table I started dancing around the dance floor.  I was just screwing around not being serious and I started doing kicks and one of my shoes flew off and went through one of the ceiling tiles.  I was so oblivious while doing showgirl kicks, I didn't realize that anyone could see up my dress each time I kicked, I found that out a week or so later.  No, that was not all, from what I've been told ::) I started coming onto a co-workers boyfriend. :-[  The only thing I remember was being driven home at the end of the night.  The only thing about the whole night that keeps me from being completely humiliated is that there were about six other people there who were just as hammered.

Written By: Jessica on 03/11/05 at 3:55 am

Favorite story is when I drank a whole bottle of Jagermeister and only remember waking up in my bed. My mom and sister swear that they had to drag me to my room and I was laughing and being uncooperative. I think they lie. :P Even after drinking the Jager, I didn't have a hangover. High tolerance and all that.

Worst drinking story was getting wasted after a disappointment in my life and sleeping with a skeevy guy. Bad me.

Written By: jackas on 08/15/05 at 8:40 pm

This thread had some funny stories.  Anyone else want to add theirs? ???

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/15/05 at 9:09 pm

I've already shared this one, but not in this thread.

In May of this year me and one of my oldest friends Mr Daniel Gurrey decided we'd go away for the weekend, we got a couple of other friends and rented a villa.

Anyway, 2nd night we were there we all got totally wasted, by about 6pm we were all fissed as parts. Anyway, we then went out bar hopping. When the bars closed at 2 we started the long walk back.. slowly. Until of course we came to a lake and god knows how we got there.

There was a boat tied to a dock so of course we decided this would be a good thing to commandeer and take to the middle of the lake. So, with beer in hand we got this thing to the middle of the lake, where we got stuck on a line strung up with buoys. Anyway, come about 5 in the morning we finally had to get in the water and swim to the shore. I have no idea how we got back that night.. and have ABSOLOUTLY no idea how i woke up at 9 and cooked breakfast  ;D

Written By: jiminy on 08/15/05 at 9:22 pm

I've already shared this one, but not in this thread.

In May of this year me and one of my oldest friends Mr Daniel Gurrey decided we'd go away for the weekend, we got a couple of other friends and rented a villa.

Anyway, 2nd night we were there we all got totally wasted, by about 6pm we were all fissed as parts. Anyway, we then went out bar hopping. When the bars closed at 2 we started the long walk back.. slowly. Until of course we came to a lake and god knows how we got there.

There was a boat tied to a dock so of course we decided this would be a good thing to commandeer and take to the middle of the lake. So, with beer in hand we got this thing to the middle of the lake, where we got stuck on a line strung up with buoys. Anyway, come about 5 in the morning we finally had to get in the water and swim to the shore. I have no idea how we got back that night.. and have ABSOLOUTLY no idea how i woke up at 9 and cooked breakfast  ;D

how are you doing with your quest to enter american bars?

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/15/05 at 9:34 pm

how are you doing with your quest to enter american bars?

Mmmm... Resteraunts are no problem at all. They don't card. The store up the road is no problem, it's run by an old guy who probably thinks everyone is in there 30's... I'm gonna wait until Gurrey sends me an English I.D before i try bars.

Written By: alyceclover on 11/06/05 at 5:41 pm

Howard

and?

Written By: alyceclover on 11/06/05 at 5:52 pm

mediocre drinking story...waitressing on band nights in Mt Pocono Pennsylvania...intoxicated people=great tippers....after last call, I could go have a dance and could sometimes get the band to play a few extra songs by yelling "one more for the waitress'es ", we were allowed to have one drink, and I'd get an Alabama Slammer or Long Island Ice Tea, to get a good buzz going, while running all those dirty glasses, and ashtrays through the dishwasher; some of the bartenders would bend the rules and give us a second drink, talk about getting a good buzz going.....

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/06/05 at 11:33 pm

I've heard that if you drink a sip of water in between each sip of alcoholic beverage, it prevents you from getting a hangover.. I've yet to test this (As I'm not even legally allowed to drink), and was told by another 14 year old who apparently drinks all the time. :-\\ meh

Written By: jackas on 11/07/05 at 8:59 am

I've heard that if you drink a sip of water in between each sip of alcoholic beverage, it prevents you from getting a hangover.. I've yet to test this (As I'm not even legally allowed to drink), and was told by another 14 year old who apparently drinks all the time. :-\\ meh

I've heard this too, but never tried it.  I was always afraid it was going to interfer with my ability to get loaded. ::)

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/07/05 at 9:11 am

I've heard this too, but never tried it.  I was always afraid it was going to interfer with my ability to get loaded. ::)

;D

If i'm still able to, i'll usually try and drink a couple of pints of water before i finally crash for the night and usually a couple of painkillers for the morning.

Written By: Howard on 11/07/05 at 4:34 pm

and?

I wound up getting dizzy. ;D  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...