inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What would you say is your best physical feature that you like to show off?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 7:41 am

I would say....
my eyes and my hair

Erin :)

Subject: Re: What would you say is your best physical feature that you like to show off?

Written By: whitewolf on 03/09/05 at 7:47 am

My hair

Subject: Re: What would you say is your best physical feature that you like to show off?

Written By: jaytee on 03/09/05 at 8:32 am

My fingernails  ::)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 8:38 am

My Toned & Tanned Legs.. ;P

Written By: jaytee on 03/09/05 at 8:49 am

My Toned & Tanned Legs.. ;P

If you live in the UK wouldn't they be uber (your word) white and pasty looking?  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 8:52 am

Nope. That is one major thing i have to thank my ancestors for. (they were Cherokee) i kept the dark hair and my skin goes dark and stays tanned most of the year. In the summer i go like three shades darker LOL

Written By: jaytee on 03/09/05 at 8:57 am

Nope. That is one major thing i have to thank my ancestors for. (they were Cherokee) i kept the dark hair and my skin goes dark and stays tanned most of the year. In the summer i go like three shades darker LOL

Alrighty then, I believe you  :D

My friend has just returned from a trip to Malaysia .... she saw lots and lots of Poms sunbaking .... and getting burnt to a crisp .... silly buggers. :o

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 9:00 am

The crouts are the worst, get out there, oil up ( i dont mean suntan oil i mean like olive oil) and then just crisp up. You see the ones over 40 all have skin like hide.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/09/05 at 9:27 am

my lips. my ex's say i have a sexy mouth. meh.

Written By: mkjmartin on 03/09/05 at 9:47 am

my mucles there big 8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/09/05 at 10:38 am

My caboose first. Then, my lips.

Tanya

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 10:48 am

My eyes.  :)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/09/05 at 1:23 pm

Probably my figure, since I have a pretty plain-looking face. Most of my clothes are tight-fitting so I get complimented on my figure quite a bit.

I am a fast-food-a-holic but I am lucky in that I never gain weight no matter what I eat. My friends say I'm not human.

Written By: Paul on 03/09/05 at 1:50 pm

My friend has just returned from a trip to Malaysia .... she saw lots and lots of Poms sunbaking .... and getting burnt to a crisp .... silly buggers. :o

That's us for you...my bro-in-law almost copped third-degree burns whilst holidaying in Ibiza many moons ago - the fool...!

Written By: Marian on 03/09/05 at 2:10 pm

:DMy eyes--ther're hazrl,an olive and orange color.I have a decent looking smile too--small but straight teeth,and 1 full lip and i small upper.Also my figure,upper body.I have a long narrow body but smAll but round breasts,almost too big for my body.I also have long arms.My hair is a nice color--light brown with lots of gold and red highlights.My feet are nice looking--a little small and wide,with high arches,and short toes.Kind of like golden lilies.

Written By: Apricot on 03/09/05 at 2:21 pm

Uh... not sure, really. I guess it'd be... my eyes aren't it, there like urine yellow. My.. hair, maybe? People say I have a nice face, but I don't know.

Written By: Paul on 03/09/05 at 3:03 pm

I'd like to show off my best physical feature...

(...but I'd probably be arrested if I did...!!)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 3:05 pm

That talking Mole might be cool to you, but not everyone likes it Paul

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/09/05 at 3:08 pm

Show it!  Show it!  :D

Written By: Apricot on 03/09/05 at 3:14 pm

Don't encourage him! Don't!  :D

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/09/05 at 3:19 pm

None, apparently.

Written By: mkjmartin on 03/09/05 at 5:24 pm

i like to show off my abbs lol 8)

Written By: Bobby on 03/09/05 at 5:31 pm

That talking Mole might be cool to you, but not everyone likes it Paul

Lol!!!!  ;D

Written By: Mergal on 03/09/05 at 5:59 pm

I guess it would be my figure. What's really funny is that I eat and eat, but have a really hard time to gain weight. I've also had a few people say that I have a beautiful profile----don't know what that means exactly....

Written By: Howard on 03/09/05 at 6:27 pm

clean shaven face
butt
muscles ;D

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 7:37 pm

all you folks saying that you can eat all you want and don't gain a pound.....are totally lucky!!!!!!! I don't have to eat anything...just merely look at it....and the pounds cling to me!!! >:(

Erin  :\'(

Written By: ADH13 on 03/09/05 at 7:56 pm

all you folks saying that you can eat all you want and don't gain a pound.....are totally lucky!!!!!!! I don't have to eat anything...just merely look at it....and the pounds cling to me!!! >:(

Well, we don't all get blessed in the same way... I do eat alot of fast food without gaining weight, but I also have a really plain, ordinary looking face, and I have had problems with my teeth my whole life (they would grow in the wrong direction, etc) and I am almost blind in one eye.  When I renew my drivers license I have to memorize the eye chart before I get to the front of the line so when I cover my right eye, I can still get the letters right.  I'm afraid of the day they computerize it and the letters change each time.

So count your blessings, because I am not that lucky  ;)

Written By: Mergal on 03/09/05 at 8:22 pm

Yes, in some ways it's great that I can eat what I want without worrying about getting fat, but there are some disadvantages to having a very fast metabolism.  I eat more then the average person, and just like my father who seems to have more muscle then fat, I wouldn't be the bit surprised if I ever found out that my cholesterol's sky-rocket high. I can't eat normal-size portions because if I did, I would probably be very skinny not to mention starving. I actually wish I was a size 8 or 10 because I would probably have more of a chest  ;)  It's also embarassing sometimes for me at social outings because often I find myself the only one who wants to eat, or I order a big hearty dish such as chicken sandwich with fries for lunch while my friends order salads or wraps. 

And like ADH13, I've had major problems with my teeth that I have to see the dentist every four months instead of six.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 03/09/05 at 8:36 pm

I don't really have one, but if a had to choose I'd say my eyes.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 8:38 pm

The awesome BAG that I borrowed from Yoko (She had two) for my head :o

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/05 at 8:56 pm

Used to be my legs. :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 9:03 pm

Well, we don't all get blessed in the same way... I do eat alot of fast food without gaining weight, but I also have a really plain, ordinary looking face, and I have had problems with my teeth my whole life (they would grow in the wrong direction, etc) and I am almost blind in one eye.  When I renew my drivers license I have to memorize the eye chart before I get to the front of the line so when I cover my right eye, I can still get the letters right.  I'm afraid of the day they computerize it and the letters change each time.

So count your blessings, because I am not that lucky  ;)

I guess everybody has their advantages/disadvantages when it comes to body/shape, and other physical aspects...it's interesting to hear people from the other side of the spectrum (ones who are thin and don't like it necessarily as much as we all think you would).

Written By: jaytee on 03/09/05 at 9:06 pm

On the weight thing, I'm finally at a weight where I'm comfortable with my body (lost 40 lbs last year) so I guess I wear my clothes a little less baggy than I did when I was heavier.   

How did you lose the weight? 

Written By: jaytee on 03/09/05 at 9:25 pm

The "stress diet"....I wouldn't recommend it :(

I know a few people losing weight on that :(   Think I'll pass on that one and stick to a good healthy eating plan and exercise. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 9:27 pm

I've been going to "Curves for women"...it's a really fun place to exercise!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 9:32 pm

A neighbor of mine goes there...she was never very big, but she's starting to look more toned.  Isn't that what they focus on moreso than actual weight loss?

yes..they focus on inches and body fat.....it's a 30 min. exercise..you rotate to different machines...which are all hydraulic....you wouldn't think that 30 min would do anything..but you really do sweat when you work out.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 9:39 pm

yes..it's worth it....it's only like 30 dollars a month and you only go like 3 times a week...and on the off days they tell you to walk or jog or something of that nature.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 9:42 pm

The "stress diet"....I wouldn't recommend it :(

mod to add:  once I realized what I was doing (I didn't realize how much I had lost for about 3 months), I just started eating more sensibly and have been pretty stable where I'm at now.
I did that very diet in late '99...lost 30 in 3 months when the ex left me for a while :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 9:48 pm

That's not bad....of course, I probably would have no problem with the "off days" exercise as I counted today and I made 13 round-trips up and down our stairs (18 steps each way)  Now, I just have to find a babysitter who can "work" days.....???

yes, that's the hard part....i always go with my mom and luckily my husband keeps an eye on Vaughn until I am finished...that's why it's nice that it is only 1/2 hr.

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 9:54 pm

I know what I wish my best feature was but since it isn't I'll say my blue but often red eyes  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 9:55 pm

what sucks though is that they are only open till like 7 pm and on saturdays till like 11:30 am....that's the only drawback.

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 9:56 pm

But, can you show it off in public without getting arrested :o ;)
ahhhhhhhhhhhh...no   ;D

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 9:58 pm

I can't show all of mine either ;)
  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 10:05 pm

Is it true that in some places if the legnth of your hair excedes the legnth of....you have to cut it..the HAIR! :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 10:06 pm

Is it true that in some places if the legnth of your hair excedes the legnth of....you have to cut it..the HAIR! :D

OMG!!! LMFAO!!!

Erin ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 10:06 pm

i wouldn't know!!

LOL!

Written By: Marian on 03/10/05 at 2:47 pm

i wouldn't know!!

LOL!

me neither;mine;s too curly to get that long! ;) ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/10/05 at 3:03 pm

hairy chest ;D

Howard

Written By: Jessica on 03/11/05 at 3:50 am

My eyes (hazel) and my smile (I have dimples which my son inherited :)).

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/11/05 at 9:44 am

i wouldn't know!!

LOL!

Actually I've been told that my hair is just the perfect legnth ;)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/12/05 at 1:18 am

My bobbed, long hair.  Sorta looks like the Beatles.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/12/05 at 2:01 am

in the interest of keeping it g-rated,i'll say eyes or mouth  :D

Written By: mkjmartin on 03/15/05 at 4:06 pm

If only my class was 3 days a week and my littlest one was in preschool those days instead of Tu/Th...although, I'd be pushing it to get there, workout, and get back to the school in time to pick him up.....
NICE PICK ;D :o

Written By: jackas on 03/15/05 at 5:28 pm

I'm torn between my feet,(I have cute toes), my but (J Lo Jr. ;D) or my boobs.

Written By: Howard on 03/15/05 at 5:53 pm

I'm torn between my feet,(I have cute toes), my but (J Lo Jr. ;D) or my boobs.

:o

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/15/05 at 5:53 pm

my hairy chest. ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...