inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you could go back in time and visit any person for a day, who would it be?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 7:45 am

I would have to say:
my grandpap, who passed away back in 1997....I would have a great time filling him in on all the stuff that has happened since then.

ALSO

I would like to go back and have front row seats at a Ramones show during their prime....and spend the day hanging out with all of them

Erin :)

Subject: Re: If you could go back in time and visit any person for a day, who would it be?

Written By: whitewolf on 03/09/05 at 7:46 am

My Father  :\'(

Subject: Re: If you could go back in time and visit any person for a day, who would it be

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/09/05 at 4:21 pm

My grandfather, whom passed away several years before I was even born.

Subject: Re: If you could go back in time and visit any person for a day, who would it be?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/05 at 4:27 pm

Definitely a Great-Grandfather of mine, but I have not chosen which on yet.

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/09/05 at 4:29 pm

My great grandfather would be my second choice, definitely. My dad's dad's dad.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/09/05 at 4:33 pm

Well it's hard to narrow to a specific person, but I would love to be in my 5th grade class again.

Written By: gemini61 on 03/09/05 at 4:34 pm

All 4 of my grandparents, so they could meet my daughters, and my husbands mother, who died when my husband was 7 yrs old, so she could meet me and her granddaughters.   :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 4:38 pm

My son Blaine. This is him at the now gone Mile High Stadium, January 21, 2001 (just over 3 months before he died) I was looking at the tape frame by frame last night and the frame by frame was weird...sun reflections and all.....

Written By: AL-B on 03/09/05 at 4:54 pm

My paternal grandfather, who died two years before I was born.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/09/05 at 4:55 pm

My son Blaine. This is him at the now gone Mile High Stadium, January 21, 2001 (just over 3 months before he died) I was looking at the tape frame by frame last night and the frame by frame was weird...sun reflections and all.....

it's great that you have those images captured,Mark...helps to hold the great memories even closer  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 4:57 pm

it's great that you have those images captured,Mark...helps to hold the great memories even closer  :)
Thanks, Maria :) The whole sequence of about 40 frames was so weird...those beams appeared then left as he walked....kinda strange like that "Alien" picture at the cemetary ???

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/09/05 at 5:06 pm

I hate to break the sentiment here, but I'd looooove to visit Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. I would like to see him on the day that he wrote "Eine Klein Nachtmusik".

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 5:49 pm

I hate to break the sentiment here, but I'd looooove to visit Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. I would like to see him on the day that he wrote "Eine Klein Nachtmusik".
Hey, nothing wrong with that ;)

Written By: Bobby on 03/09/05 at 5:56 pm

My grandad who was my influence in life. Wonderful man.  :)

Subject: Re: If you could go back in time and visit any person for a day, who would it be

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 6:05 pm

Cliff Burton. Just to say, don't get on the Bus Cliff

Written By: Howard on 03/09/05 at 6:23 pm

My Brother before he passed away 10 years ago :(

My Grandfather before he passed away 16 years ago :(

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 7:47 pm

I would also like to spend the day with my friend Juan who was murdered last year...I never got the chance to say goodbye :\'(

Erin

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/03/05 at 12:08 am

BUMP!

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/03/05 at 12:18 am

Marvelous Bumping (and if i dare say, grinding there - Erin)

Who else would i like to visit.

I'm not gonna pick a family member, that's.. a personal thing.

I think i'd quite like to go and Visit Bill Shankley for the day.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/05 at 3:19 pm

My Brother  :(

Written By: YWN on 11/03/05 at 5:03 pm

I'm not sure...  Maybe my great grandfather.  I met him once when I was a toddler, and I can just vaguely remember him.  He played an acoustic guitar and a fiddle.  In fact, my mousepad is a picture of my sister when she was little, holding a guitar, with my great grandfather sitting in a chair and holding a fiddle.  :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/03/05 at 6:04 pm

The words "go back in time" sure caught my attention here! ;)

For people I knew persoanlly, I'd definitely agree with everyone who said a grandparent. As all of mine are gone now. In fact, I only knew my grandma's (as my grandpa's died in 1980 and '84 - the latter when I'd just turned 3, so my recollection is extremely vague).

Things like that really made an impression on me growing up, making me realize life ain't forever.

If it was a celebrity, maybe John Lennon, John Candy or Phil Hartman (I actually cried when the latter two passed away, believe it or not).

Written By: whistledog on 11/03/05 at 6:08 pm

Canadian singer Ron Tabak.  I'd go back and try to save him

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/03/05 at 6:44 pm

I'd like to go back in time and see my cousin Jonolle who passed away in 1991. I wish I could've prevented her death in some way, but I was just too young.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/05 at 3:58 pm

I would like to see My Grandfather before he passed away in 1989.  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...