inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stupid Warnings on products

Written By: whitewolf on 03/10/05 at 12:18 pm

I'm sure most of us have seen stupid warnings on products, here are some that I have seen

Like a bread-pudding container that says, “Product will be hot after heating.” Or the iron that cautions, “Do not iron clothes on body.” Or a chain saw that admonished, “Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands.”

How a windshield sunshade that says, “Don’t operate vehicle with shade in place?” The Christmas lights that say, “For indoor or outdoor use only.” The sleep aid that says, “Warning: may cause drowsiness.” Or  the Superman costume that wants you to know, “This costume will not enable wearer to fly.”

On a package of penuts, allegery alert:contains nuts.

Subject: Re: Stupid Warnings on products

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/11/05 at 9:53 am

On a charcoal package: Do not hold lit charcoal in your hand. ( A DUH!!)

On Christmas lights: For indoor and outdoor use ONLY. (As opposed to....?)

Cat

Written By: Ripp on 03/11/05 at 12:34 pm

How about the delicious Tiramousu (sp?) which, labelled on the bottom, asks you not to turn it upside down. (woops...:D)

Or the computer which has the warning: "Leave closed to warm as to let the computer warm up so the air does not condense and leave the appliance wet (I think it says this)". (Sensible...)
But guess where they put it. Inside the box!

Written By: Marian on 03/11/05 at 1:12 pm

How about the delicious Tiramousu (sp?) which, labelled on the bottom, asks you not to turn it upside down. (woops...:D)

Or the computer which has the warning: "Leave closed to warm as to let the computer warm up so the air does not condense and leave the appliance wet (I think it says this)". (Sensible...)
But guess where they put it. Inside the box!
the second one seems to have been written by someone who doesn't speak much English.Cheers!

Check for new replies or respond here...