inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Let's talk relationships....

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 12:57 am

How bad have you been burned??

Subject: Re: Let's talk relationships....

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 12:59 am

I haven't been burned. I've never had a girlfriend or dated.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:00 am

You not missing out on much....I had ONE boyfriend...for 2 years...and he cheated on me with some blonde chick....oh well....

..life goes on

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:01 am

that's it....to the nunery I go....lol

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 1:02 am

I am sorry to hear that.

Well, I don't know, I'd really like to have a girlfriend actually. I don't know who said it, but there is a saying:

"It is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved  at all".

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:03 am

I know that quote...

Alfred Lord Tennyson

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 1:04 am

I know that quote...

Alfred Lord Tennyson

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/bobbymcgee/bowdown.gif

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:07 am

I don't know...sometimes I think that all the hurt from the break up...overlooks the way you feel when you are actually in the relationship....but then again...he was a jerk...and my only boyfriend ever....maybe there is a small group of folks that arent like that

....I'll keep my fingers crossed

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 1:08 am

I don't know...sometimes I think that all the hurt from the break up...overlooks the way you feel when you are actually in the relationship....but then again...he was a jerk...and my only boyfriend ever....maybe there is a small group of folks that arent like that

....I'll keep my fingers crossed

I'm sure there is someone for you.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:09 am

yeah, you too

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:10 am

:)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 1:11 am

8)

If I can just get over my shyness.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:12 am

I have the Same problem...I end up rambling about the STUPIDEST stuff....then I laugh at my own jokes that arent even funny...and I drop stuff...and trip

it's a mess

I'm a dork....I never claimed to be more

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 1:14 am

Wow, that makes me feel better. I've never thought about this..but I guess women get nervous about this too? ???

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:15 am

Oh yeah.....

being around new people is always nerve wracking.....I hate it...I never know what to say

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 1:15 am

I felt comfortable talking to you immediately..but this is on the net. :)

Written By: jiminy on 03/11/05 at 1:16 am

8)

If I can just get over my shyness.
be brave, I wish when I was younger I was more open and forward, it really works, you will suprise yourself what you can accomplish if you put on a brave face and ignore the fact you might leave yourself open to ridicule, once you have had some success your confidence will grow, just don't be afraid to fail and remember rejection is only a part of the game

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:18 am

yeah it's alot harder when your face to face, because here we're not talking constantly....but in person...there are always those awkward silent moments that seem like they last forever.

those are the worst  :-\\

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 1:18 am

yeah it's alot harder when your face to face, because here we're not talking constantly....but in person...there are always those awkward silent moments that seem like they last forever.

those are the worst  :-\\

Yes, they are.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:20 am

it's funny, when I say something stupid and wayy out there...I tend to turn around and like whisper to myself "that was soo stupid!"....lol

Written By: jiminy on 03/11/05 at 1:21 am

you practice ahead of time, you have a game plan, you try to learn about the person ahead of time unless it happens to be a chance meeting and then you can still find common interests, you more then likely will meet them at a place you find comfortable...example at a concert so just being at the same concert would be your ice breaking common interest

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 1:22 am

I can relate. :)

Well, I have to go now. It was very nice meeting you, you're a special person.

E-mail me if you want, I will be back on here tommorrow evening.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 1:23 am

Alright, talk to you then....pleasant dreams  :)

Written By: Bobby on 03/11/05 at 3:19 am

I'm sorry to hear that you have had relationship problems, MidnightDarkness.

I haven't got 'burned' no (only having had one relationship and it's still working  ;D) but I have had a problem with other things.

Written By: Paul on 03/11/05 at 7:37 am

Oh burned many, many, many times...

But when all's said and done, I've come to terms that me and relationships don't really 'go well' together...c'est la vie...!!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/11/05 at 7:47 am

my last girlfriend was a woman who i was in love with when we first met in highschool 16 years years ago. she ended being married and i drifted around for years. we met last march after not seeing each other for nine years. we ended up dating, lasted six months. she cheated on me with my best friend, a best friend who knew all about my love for this woman because we've been friends since highschool too....i was sent into a suicidal depression, i've been taking pills for it. i've maintained my friendship with both of them and wish them both well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/11/05 at 10:05 am

Have I ever been burned? More times than I care to recall. I had a problem of hooking up with the wrong guys. But, went into hybernation for awhile, went to school, and didn't have a serious relationship with anyone who I knew wasn't HIM, until HE did come along.  ;D Even though it was a rocky beginning, it all turned out great in the end.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 11:17 am

I was 'burned' once...quite a few years back.  It still makes me mad when I think about it...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/11/05 at 11:31 am

In Summer of '84 I met and dated a wonderful girl. Casey actually proposed to me in August...yet things fell apart when she started hanging around with a bad crowd. I lived in Denver and she was 70 miles South in Colorado Springs so we didn't get to spend enough time together. Anyway, one day I drove down unexpectedly and my friend and I went to see her at work....she was kissing another guy! I confronted her and she told me that because I wouldn't at least TRY Heroin that she wanted nothing to do with me ::) Anyway, I saw her again when I was at a bar in 1995. She walked past be with this huge dirty biker guy. An hour later as they both walked out the door past us, she waved at me behind her back. In 1999 I recieved an email from her brother who'd managed to find me. He told me that she had gotten into an abusive relationship and that she told him that when she saw me at the bar she wanted badly to talk to me and get away from the guy she was with. He said that she had died that year...of a drug overdose :\'( So, while I felt burned in the beginning, looking back I definately feel horrible for her :(

Written By: ADH13 on 03/11/05 at 11:45 am

In Summer of '84 I met and dated a wonderful girl. Casey actually proposed to me in August...yet things fell apart when she started hanging around with a bad crowd. I lived in Denver and she was 70 miles South in Colorado Springs so we didn't get to spend enough time together. Anyway, one day I drove down unexpectedly and my friend and I went to see her at work....she was kissing another guy! I confronted her and she told me that because I wouldn't at least TRY Heroin that she wanted nothing to do with me ::) Anyway, I saw her again when I was at a bar in 1995. She walked past be with this huge dirty biker guy. An hour later as they both walked out the door past us, she waved at me behind her back. In 1999 I recieved an email from her brother who'd managed to find me. He told me that she had gotten into an abusive relationship and that she told him that when she saw me at the bar she wanted badly to talk to me and get away from the guy she was with. He said that she had died that year...of a drug overdose :\'( So, while I felt burned in the beginning, looking back I definately feel horrible for her :(

Wow I'm sorry to hear that Rock N Roll Fan...  Garth Brooks has a good line "Sometimes God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers" and it's very true.

I can't really say I was burned TOO bad, but I had some bad experiences.  I had a boyfriend who convinced me to stay home "You don't have to work, I'll take care of you" and then when I had no income he tried to control my every move...  and then I had one of those "if you leave me I'll kill myself" ones...  I have found that when you really want a boyfriend/girlfriend your standards take a dip and you end up with problems...  the best relationships I have had came when I wasnt looking for anyone at all.

Written By: Apricot on 03/11/05 at 2:12 pm

The girl I cared about got online, told me to burn the letters she sent, and signed off. That was kinda a burn.

Written By: Davester on 03/11/05 at 2:24 pm

Dude, that's sad...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 2:52 pm

The girl I cared about got online, told me to burn the letters she sent, and signed off. That was kinda a burn.

Did she give you any kind of explaination?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 2:54 pm

That is so, so sad, Mark!  :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/11/05 at 2:57 pm

Dude, that's sad...

Wish I'd have been able to help her :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/11/05 at 2:58 pm

That is so, so sad, Mark!  :\'(
Sad but true, Karen :-\\ :\'(

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/11/05 at 3:09 pm

I don't get into many of them.  I can't get past asking the girl out.  I get too shy.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/05 at 3:14 pm

take it from me.I was in a relationship with this girl for almost 5 years.Her name was Annalee.The relationship had ended in October 2001.So as you can see,I was burned.But now,I trying to get Robin to love me even more without talking about what I need and what I want ::)

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 03/11/05 at 3:17 pm

I don't get into many of them.  I can't get past asking the girl out.  I get too shy.

Yeah, but then, you can't get into too many petty ones. If you find a quality relationship, you'll prolly overcome your doubts and shyness. Just keep searchin', mang.

Isaac

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 03/11/05 at 3:27 pm

Yeah, but then, you can't get into too many petty ones. If you find a quality relationship, you'll prolly overcome your doubts and shyness. Just keep searchin', mang.

Isaac

not to sound rude but maybe you should look at your own post.  if you really like this girl apricot then you will get over your doubts. ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/11/05 at 3:28 pm

the best relationships I have had came when I wasnt looking for anyone at all.

That's usually how it is.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/05 at 3:35 pm

I think relationships are fun once you get used to them. :) How does everyone feel about committments?

Howard

Written By: TheWolfAwakening on 03/11/05 at 5:07 pm

yo....speaking of relationships i have had 1....for 3 years....he dumped me for some girl he called "hott"
thing is i still like him....but im not gonna go back out with him......
and howards this is how i feel about commitments.....most people say they have them then dont carry them out....especially for the one who loves them......

Written By: jiminy on 03/11/05 at 5:18 pm

I think relationships are fun once you get used to them. :) How does everyone feel about committments?

Howard
I was once committed but I escaped  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 03/11/05 at 5:20 pm

Gosh. That's horrible, Mark.  :(

Written By: ADH13 on 03/11/05 at 5:59 pm

Howard

Well, I've been married almost 6 years.. my husband is a wonderful person - he treats me great and he's everything I always wanted (no ex-wife, no kids from anyone else, no drugs, has a job, etc) so I can't complain... but I'd be lying if I said I never wish I was single... <sigh>

Written By: Bobby on 03/11/05 at 6:01 pm

Well, I've been married almost 6 years.. my husband is a wonderful person - he treats me great and he's everything I always wanted (no ex-wife, no kids from anyone else, no drugs, has a job, etc) so I can't complain... but I'd be lying if I said I never wish I was single... <sigh>

Lol. If you have everything you want in a man, ADH13, why would you want to be single?  :)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/11/05 at 6:04 pm

Lol. If you have everything you want in a man, ADH13, why would you want to be single?  :)

I dunno, I just feel that way sometimes... I had alot of fun when I was single...  Now it's alot less excitement and alot more monotonous.

Written By: Bobby on 03/11/05 at 6:18 pm

I dunno, I just feel that way sometimes... I had alot of fun when I was single...  Now it's alot less excitement and alot more monotonous.

I suppose it's a bit more unpredictable being single. It's definitely understandable ADH13.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/11/05 at 8:29 pm

Gosh. That's horrible, Mark.  :(
Wish I'd had the guts to get her away from him :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 03/11/05 at 8:31 pm

Wish I'd had the guts to get her away from him :-\\

Did you know the effect he was having on her?

Written By: gemini61 on 03/11/05 at 8:35 pm

23 years here. Sometimes I do feel like I'm single  :-\\ 

Written By: Bobby on 03/11/05 at 8:36 pm

Single in a good way or a bad way?

Written By: whitewolf on 03/11/05 at 8:39 pm

ditto

Written By: gemini61 on 03/11/05 at 8:40 pm

Single in a good way or a bad way?

Sometimes it seems so comfortable after so long, that it gets a little predictable and stale. It's hard to
explain  :-\\   

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/11/05 at 9:16 pm

Did you know the effect he was having on her?
Not first hand no, But i felt they looked mismatched. She seemed..."urgent" yet content :-\\

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/11/05 at 9:37 pm

I think commitment is great

Written By: ADH13 on 03/11/05 at 11:52 pm

Sometimes it seems so comfortable after so long, that it gets a little predictable and stale. It's hard to

Yeah I know what you mean!  It's hard because all those crazy feelings you had in the beginning have calmed down and then you know it will never come back because you've been with the person so long already... and you ask yourself "Am I never going to feel those feelings again in my life?"  kind of hard to deal with...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/11/05 at 11:54 pm

i was burned by my EX husband...he was a real "winner" who didn't want to work for a living, however, loved to work on his porn collection...gross hog!

Erin  >:(

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 11:55 pm

i was burned by my EX husband...he was a real "winner" who didn't want to work for a living, however, loved to work on his porn collection...gross hog!

Erin >:(

Hey hey hey. Not working is one thing, but lets not disrespect the porn. :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/11/05 at 11:56 pm

Hey hey hey. Not working is one thing, but lets not disrespect the porn. :P

um.....here's where we disagree......when it comes to the fact that it TAKES OVER A MARRIAGE.....I tend to think that it is a major problem....ya know?

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/11/05 at 11:57 pm

um.....here's where we disagree......when it comes to the fact that it TAKES OVER A MARRIAGE.....I tend to think that it is a major problem....ya know?

How did it take over your marriage?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 12:00 am

How did it take over your marriage?

um...without going into personal details of my life..........................he didn't care about me at all because all he wanted to do was stay home, watch porn....and spank the monkey!!

Erin :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/12/05 at 12:02 am

um...without going into personal details of my life..........................he didn't care about me at all because all he wanted to do was stay home, watch porn....and spank the monkey!!

That stinks. Well, I guess maybe it wasn't meant to be. I mean, if he spent all of his time doing that, then he must not have cared about you like he should. Loveless marriages suck. I bet you are a lot happier being out of it than part of it, right?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 12:03 am

That stinks. Well, I guess maybe it wasn't meant to be. I mean, if he spent all of his time doing that, then he must not have cared about you like he should. Loveless marriages suck. I bet you are a lot happier being out of it than part of it, right?

darn tootin! yes........it was a horrible thing and I was in it way too long...but thankfully I no longer have to see that person again!

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 4:10 am

Not first hand no, But i felt they looked mismatched. She seemed..."urgent" yet content :-\\

In that case, you weren't to know, Mark. If you got involved right then and she was happy with her then partner, you would have just into a fight and the girl wouldn't have respected you anymore.

Your situation is definitely a tragic case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 4:14 am

All day? I'm surprised that guy can see his porn collection after such vigorous excercise.  ;D

In all seriousness, Erin. That is a sad shame. My girlfriend is very liberal with things like porn and I believe there is a time and a place for it.

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 4:15 am

darn tootin! yes........it was a horrible thing and I was in it way too long...but thankfully I no longer have to see that person again!

Did you have your child with this man or was it with someone else?

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 4:17 am

I think I'm kind of scared of that. We have kind of reached that point in my relationship already. Maybe it is inevitable.

Written By: gemini61 on 03/12/05 at 8:54 am

I think I'm kind of scared of that. We have kind of reached that point in my relationship already. Maybe it is inevitable.

No, No. Please don't feel that way! It doesn't have to be like that. And it's not always like that with me & my hubby. It just takes work, ya know?

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 9:13 am

No, No. Please don't feel that way! It doesn't have to be like that. And it's not always like that with me & my hubby. It just takes work, ya know?

Yeah.  :)

Written By: gemini61 on 03/12/05 at 9:20 am

Yeah.  :)

:) 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/12/05 at 9:36 am

In that case, you weren't to know, Mark. If you got involved right then and she was happy with her then partner, you would have just into a fight and the girl wouldn't have respected you anymore.

Your situation is definitely a tragic case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.
Thanks Rob, I appreciate that and agree with you. It's just that I always look back and wish things had been different, ya know? :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 9:40 am

Thanks Rob, I appreciate that and agree with you. It's just that I always look back and wish things had been different, ya know? :-\\

Yeah. I understand.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/12/05 at 9:44 am

Yeah. I understand.  :)
Thanks though. It does make me think about what many people told me after Blaine died. If you use the terms "Could've, Should've or Would've" then you're wasting your energy....

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 9:46 am

Thanks though. It does make me think about what many people told me after Blaine died. If you use the terms "Could've, Should've or Would've" then you're wasting your energy....

I think you can drive yourself mad with those words, Mark. We have to deal with the situations that are ahead of us not the ones that aren't.  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/12/05 at 9:48 am

I think you can drive yourself mad with those words, Mark. We have to deal with the situations that are ahead of us not the ones that aren't.  ;)
True, or rather, use them to learn for the future :)

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 9:53 am

True, or rather, use them to learn for the future :)

Yes, that is right.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/12/05 at 9:54 am

I didn't realize I was taking a test, Rob ;D ;)

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 9:57 am

I didn't realize I was taking a test, Rob ;D ;)

We are not taking a test, Mark. You are correct.  ;D

Sorry, it's just the way I type.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/12/05 at 11:03 am

We are not taking a test, Mark. You are correct.  ;D

Sorry, it's just the way I type.
No apologies neccassary, Rob  ;D ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 2:58 pm

Did you have your child with this man or was it with someone else?

actually....I thank God everyday that I did NOT have any children with him...that way I have no connection with him any longer. To be honest with you...Vaughn is actually my nephew...but my new husband and I adopted him because my sister just couldn't take care of him and be the parent that she should be.....and I am very motherly and fortunate enough to have a husband that loves him like his own son.....so it's a real good thing!!

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 3:00 pm

No apologies neccassary, Rob  ;D ;)

Lol. Thanks Mark.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 3:02 pm

actually....I thank God everyday that I did NOT have any children with him...that way I have no connection with him any longer. To be honest with you...Vaughn is actually my nephew...but my new husband and I adopted him because my sister just couldn't take care of him and be the parent that she should be.....and I am very motherly and fortunate enough to have a husband that loves him like his own son.....so it's a real good thing!!

Oh wow. That is really great. I took on my girlfriend and her son from a previous relationship. He is cool and we get on very well (when he behaves, lol).

You do really well. I hope your sister has learned her lesson - well done to your husband too.  ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/12/05 at 3:08 pm

That's great... I have had 5 different nieces & nephews stay with my husband and I because their parents (my husband's sisters) were too busy partying to worry about their kids... i commend you because I know it's not easy to raise someone else's child...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 3:10 pm

That's great... I have had 5 different nieces & nephews stay with my husband and I because their parents (my husband's sisters) were too busy partying to worry about their kids... i commend you because I know it's not easy to raise someone else's child...

thanks you guys for the nice compliments concerning my nephew...you are right when you say that it's not always easy taking on someone else's child...but thankfully...we have grown to love and care for him as our own (we have no children of our own, as of yet)....he's been a great addition to our lives!

Written By: Bobby on 03/12/05 at 3:11 pm

That's a bit sad of your relatives to inconvenience you like that. You and your husband do well.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/12/05 at 4:46 pm

That's really cool, Erin :)

Written By: Gis on 03/12/05 at 4:57 pm

Hmm sounds like the 'delightful' guy my sister is currently miserable with, he didn't move to the U.K did he ??

Written By: Gis on 03/12/05 at 4:59 pm

burned, burned badly burned.I used to run so fast from commitment I'd leave skid marks ! One day I met my fiance and suddenly I found myself wanting to hang around. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 5:15 pm

Hmm sounds like the 'delightful' guy my sister is currently miserable with, he didn't move to the U.K did he ??

Ha! who knows?? I have no clue where he is currently...and I don't care! BTW..his name is Scott...yuck! >:(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 5:15 pm

That's really cool, Erin :)

Thanks Mark! :)

Written By: Howard on 03/12/05 at 5:19 pm

I love being in relationships.I even told Robin on the phone last night that I love you so much and don't want to lose you,I've been waiting for the right girl to step into my life and make me happy once again after 3 1/2 years of being broken up.She's the best thing going for me.She decided for us to become boyfriend/girlfriend instead of being JUST FRIENDS. :)

I can't wait to make sweet love to her ;)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/12/05 at 5:22 pm

Thanks Mark! :)
;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 5:30 pm

I love being in relationships.I even told Robin on the phone last night that I love you so much and don't want to lose you,I've been waiting for the right girl to step into my life and make me happy once again after 3 1/2 years of being broken up.She's the best thing going for me.She decided for us to become boyfriend/girlfriend instead of being JUST FRIENDS. :)

I can't wait to make sweet love to her ;)

Howard

that is TOOO sweet!!!

Written By: Howard on 03/12/05 at 5:33 pm

that is TOOO sweet!!!

My libido is so strong these days that I'm willing to do just about almost anything to her ;D

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 5:34 pm

My libido is so strong these days that I'm willing to do just about almost anything to her ;D

Howard

when the time is right..I am sure it will be very special for both of you!

Written By: Howard on 03/12/05 at 5:35 pm

when the time is right..I am sure it will be very special for both of you!

yes.very special.I will bring the trojans for just in case ;)
She knows she likes lubricated ;D

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 5:36 pm

yes.very special.I will bring the trojans for just in case ;)
She knows she like lubricated ;D

Howard

you hornball!!

LOL!

Written By: Howard on 03/12/05 at 5:38 pm

you hornball!!

LOL!

That's my name don't wear it out ;D ;)

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 5:39 pm

That's my name don't wear it out ;D ;)

Howard

Howie Hornball! ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/12/05 at 5:40 pm

Howie Hornball! ;D

Thanks.I needed a laugh for tonight ;D

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/12/05 at 5:41 pm

Thanks.I needed a laugh for tonight ;D

Howard

no prob!! anytime!! my pleasure....!!!!! LOL! ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/12/05 at 6:13 pm

I was in a relationship that lasted almost for 5 years.

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...