inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Easter poll

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/13/05 at 4:08 pm

My parents always hid the eggs in the early morning so I thought the bunny did it.  We will probably do the same for our son this year.  He's so excited.

What do you do?   :)

Subject: Re: Easter poll

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/13/05 at 4:16 pm

I don't have kids. :P

Written By: ADH13 on 03/13/05 at 4:18 pm

I don't have kids either.

I might put some bunny ears on my boxer though... it's kinda fun to irritate him..

Written By: whitewolf on 03/13/05 at 5:15 pm

I hide the eggs while the kids are and let them think the easter bunny did it.

Written By: gord on 03/13/05 at 5:25 pm

We would always hide the eggs from the kids and tell them the easter bunny lie :) It was the same when I was a kid too

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/13/05 at 5:27 pm

Hide the eggs while the kids are sleeping.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/13/05 at 7:43 pm

I used to hide the eggs and let her believe it was the bunny but this year she informed me that the bunny does not exist.  She still believes in Santa, though.

We are going to my mom's.  She will hide stuff outside.  It is usually pretty fun.  Mom hides more than eggs and candy...usually bubbles, toys and stuff.  Then we are barbecuing steaks and portobello mushrooms.  Yum.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 7:48 pm

Some years I would have 1 kid at a time go out and hunt for them. Then I'd go back out and hide them again after each kid. Whoever got the most won.  But they ALL always had plenty :)

Written By: nally on 03/13/05 at 9:45 pm

Hmmm...if I remember correctly, my parents would tell me that "the Easter Bunny" did it, when in fact they hid the eggs themselves. I always loved searching for them...and the candy or money inside.

Also, when I was growing up, we had a dog (named Dusty), and we'd give her a "treat hunt", in which we would hide a few Milk Bones around the house and have Dusty go look for them. My mom would hide the treats, and while this was going on, my dad and I would keep Dusty in my parents' room with the door shut. (Or sometimes Dad would hide them, and I'd stay in the room with Mom and Dusty). Then we'd let her go find the treats.

Written By: jiminy on 03/13/05 at 10:21 pm

It's always fun to find that one really well hidden egg about a month later

Written By: Tam on 03/13/05 at 11:57 pm

You mean to tell me.... there is no such thing as the Easter Bunny??!!  ;D

Written By: jaytee on 03/14/05 at 7:49 am

We don't actually hide the eggs - they leave a basket on their bedside table and in the morning it's full of eggs.  When they were little I used to make bunny footprints with talcum powder leading into each of their rooms.

We always go to my sister's house on Easter Sunday for morning tea (always hot cross buns)  and an Easter Egg Hunt. Our mother always supplies the easter eggs for the hunt.

Written By: joedeertae on 03/14/05 at 8:05 am

Hide eggs while kids were sleeping and tell them the Easter bunny did it.

We color eggs the night before with the kiddos and put them out for the Easter Bunny to get and hide in the night.

Speaking of bunny's our dog just dug up 3 little tiny bunny's from the garden.
here are two of them:

http://img230.exs.cx/img230/5078/100014626sx.th.jpg

Subject: !, hiding little presents!

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/14/05 at 10:37 am

I used to hide the eggs and let her believe it was the bunny but this year she informed me that the bunny does not exist.  She still believes in Santa, though.

We are going to my mom's.  She will hide stuff outside.  It is usually pretty fun.  Mom hides more than eggs and candy...usually bubbles, toys and stuff.  Then we are barbecuing steaks and portobello mushrooms.  Yum.

Thats a good idea, hiding little toys!  :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/14/05 at 10:51 am

Go to church and then he gets an Easter basket.

Tanya

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/05 at 11:17 am

Other:

Go to church, then eat the eggs!

Check for new replies or respond here...