inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What have you done that made you feel like a complete AIRHEAD?

Written By: ADH13 on 03/13/05 at 5:27 pm

Have you ever called someone and while the phone was ringing, forgotten who you were calling and then not recognized the voice when they answered?

Woken up and gotten ready for work/school and then realized it was Saturday?

I went to the gas station to buy a soda and an ice cream (ok, and cigarettes too).. I did not go there to get gas... but next thing I knew, I was at a gas pump wondering why the stupid pump shut off after $2.80... I thought the pump was broken.. finally I said to myself "WHAT AM I DOING?  I CAME HERE WITH A FULL TANK!"

I'm just glad I was alone  :)

Subject: Re: What have you done that made you feel like a complete AIRHEAD?

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/13/05 at 5:41 pm

LOL those are funny..I have done the phone one several times.

Here's one...A few years ago I was walking down the hall in my college and I dropped my pen so I bent over to pick it up and my HEAVY backpack with all its weight flew over my head and knocked me over!  I had like 6-7 books in it, big books!  If you can picture that at all...Luckly it was classtime so nobody was in the hall and saw me  :)

Written By: 80s Lady on 03/13/05 at 6:56 pm

One night several years ago I was out pretty late shopping.  When I left the store the parking lot was dark and my car was waaaaaay in the back 40.  I carefully checked my surroundings and hurried to the car as fast as I could.  When I was within eyesight, I reached for my keys and pushed the unlock button on my keyless entry thingy.  Nothing happened!!  I thought sh*t, the battery has died in the stupid little thing, now I'm gonna have to call my husband to come get me and wait 30 minutes out in the dark here by myself!!!  I dug around in my purse for my cell phone and couldn't find it.  I figured I left it in the car.  Just as I was about to totally freak the f**k out, I remembered that on the key chain, next to the little keyless entry thing, was the.....key!!!!!!!!

Don't know that I've ever felt so STOOPID!!!  :-[

Written By: Apricot on 03/13/05 at 7:03 pm

Took people's advice recently... bad move.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 7:22 pm

Broke a piece of my friend's car  :-[

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 7:22 pm

Took people's advice recently... bad move.

How so?

Written By: ADH13 on 03/13/05 at 7:37 pm

A few times I also tried to start my car when it was already running...

And I've been sitting in my car in a parking lot, and out of the corner of my eye I'd see the car next to me pull forward, and I'd slam on my brake because I thought my car was rolling backwards...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/14/05 at 12:16 am

I recently (by accident) called myself by my ex-husbands last name!!!! AGHGHGGHGH....in front of my husband!! LOL!

Erin :)

Written By: karen on 03/14/05 at 7:17 am

A few times I also tried to start my car when it was already running...

And I've been sitting in my car in a parking lot, and out of the corner of my eye I'd see the car next to me pull forward, and I'd slam on my brake because I thought my car was rolling backwards...

A friend of mine was in her friends car parked on a steepish hill.  the car next to this pulled out and Sue thought the car she was in was rolling forward so she grabbed the hand brake and yanked it up.  Unfortunately she did that so hard that the cable broke and then the car really was rolling down the hill!  Sue was sat in the back on her own so somehow she managed to get into the front and stop the thing!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/14/05 at 10:05 am

I recently (by accident) called myself by my ex-husbands last name!!!! AGHGHGGHGH....in front of my husband!! LOL!

Erin :)

When I changed my name (about a year and a half ago), I still had old checks with my "other" name on them. I was just using them up  before using the new checks with my "new" name on it. I was at the resteraunt where I usually go with "the girls". I usually pay with my credit card but this time, their credit card thingy was done and I paid with a check instead. I made a point of crossing off the old name on the top of the check and announcing that I was doing that. Then I proceeded to sign the OLD name.  ::) I thought I was going to have to rip up the check and start all over again but the woman at the resteraunt said that it really didn't matter. It is a good thing that they really know me there. I once left my credit card and they called to tell me so. It is nice to go to a place where "everyone knows your name."  ;)

Cat

Written By: shiprunner12 on 03/14/05 at 4:28 pm

I wasn't the one who did this but I was in the car with them. We were in a hurry, so my brother and I went through the McDonald's drive through and ordered our food. He paid for it at the first window and without thinking just drove off without our food. He had almost pulled out by the time I was finally able to make him stop. We went back and were able to get our food.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/14/05 at 4:35 pm

One morning I was listening to the radio and they were having one of those things where they ask a question and listeners would call in with answers.. they were asking about practical jokes people have played.  Someone called in and said to stretch saran wrap over the bowl of the toilet so when someone uses it, it will splash back...  I thought that would be a good joke to play on my husband, so I set it up while he was at work..

but of course, I forgot about it as the day went on, so when I went to the bathroom the joke was on me... :-[

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/14/05 at 5:42 pm

The classic tongue on a frozen piece of metal thing.

Not a great idea!!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/06 at 1:55 am

- Just yesterday, I started up a car forgetting that i'd already started it up.  Not the first time I'd done that either.  That choking sound always startles me

- I once congratulated a woman on her baby.  Turns out she was just fat  :-[

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/03/06 at 5:16 am

- Just yesterday, I started up a car forgetting that i'd already started it up.  Not the first time I'd done that either.  That choking sound always startles me

:o  OMG..I have done that too..I was mortified!

Written By: karen on 10/03/06 at 6:12 am

- I once congratulated a woman on her baby.  Turns out she was just fat  :-
   :o  OMG..I have done that too..I was mortified!

Trust me - its worse when it's you they say it to.  :-[

Written By: gemini on 10/03/06 at 6:54 am

A lady at work has had that happen to her more than once, and she's not really big, she just wears long dresses that are kinda big, and it does really make her look pregnant.  Needless to say, she made us all miserable the rest of the day.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/06 at 1:58 pm

When I say "Hello Sweetheart" to my girlfriend on the phone but sometimes I wind up getting her Mother on the phone so I feel somewhat embarassed. :o ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 10/03/06 at 2:34 pm

Too much to keep count of.

Written By: KKay on 10/03/06 at 2:39 pm

trained someone to do a job at work ....the total opposite way it should be done and then had to retrain them; so they kept going to the supervisor to verify that the things i said were correct...
so embarrassing

Written By: Howard on 10/03/06 at 2:41 pm

forgot someone's name ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/03/06 at 3:22 pm

forgot someone's name ;D

Mulva

Written By: gemini on 10/03/06 at 4:59 pm

Mulva

;D  Seinfeld, anyone?

Check for new replies or respond here...