inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When You Were 10.. (Ten Questions)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/15/05 at 6:06 pm

Feel free to elaborate if you want.

1. Was there at least one parent at home?

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette?

3. Did you have chores?

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate?

5. Did your parents attend school functions?

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised?

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup?

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies?

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time?

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks?

Subject: Re: When You Were 10.. (Ten Questions)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/15/05 at 6:09 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? Yes, my mom

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? Yes, my mom let me take a puff & I didnt like it

3. Did you have chores? Yes, feeding the cats, keeping my room clean, shoveling snow

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? No

5. Did your parents attend school functions? Yes

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? Yes

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? Yes

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? No

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? Yes, but only if my homework & chores were done

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? Yes

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/15/05 at 6:14 pm

Well, it was 1970....

1. Was there at least one parent at home? Yes

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? Puffed on one and realized they tasted like crap...glad it happened ;)

3. Did you have chores?  Of course!

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? My parents now say no...but my memory says "Yes"

5. Did your parents attend school functions? Naturally

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? Yes

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? Yes...French Toast was my specialty though :)

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? Yes

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? There were no video games but as for television....yes I was allowed but back then it was more fun to play with friends, ride bikes...use our imaginations :)

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? Yes

Written By: ADH13 on 03/15/05 at 6:19 pm

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? Yes...French Toast was my specialty though :)

Wow, I'm impressed!  Most men who were 10 in 1970 still don't know how!!  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/15/05 at 6:25 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? Usually.. not always. But if i was on my own there was always a neighbour around.

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? Yup

3. Did you have chores? A few, not many, my mom was happy if i just kept my own room tidy.

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? If i went hungry, i went hungry.

5. Did your parents attend school functions? Only parents evening

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? Yup

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? NOOOO! sandwhiches all the way

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? Well they weren't really able to stop me..

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? Yess...ish... usually they would encourage me to do something else, unless the weather was bad or something

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? No

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/05 at 6:42 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? Nope

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? Not at 10 (but two years later...oh never mind)

3. Did you have chores? Oh yeah

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? Only if I could keep my sisters from eating it first.

5. Did your parents attend school functions? My mother did

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? Yup

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? Nope-my sisters did that for me

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? Don't remember. Probably if it on before I had to go to bed

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? When we had a t.v. yeah. Video games? What are they?  ;)

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? Yup

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/15/05 at 7:10 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home?  Yes

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette?  No

3. Did you have chores?  Yes

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate?  Yes, for the most part.

5. Did your parents attend school functions?  Yes (parent-teacher conferences)

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised?  Yes

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup?  Yes

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies?  No

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time?  Yes, TV.

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks?  Yes

Written By: whitewolf on 03/15/05 at 7:15 pm

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? No, in fact I was the one telling everyone about the risks, now I smoke

3. Did you have chores? Yes, if making my bed counts, youngest of seven, never had to do much, till they all moved out

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? Yes

5. Did your parents attend school functions? Yes, even when we were singing, in the christmas pagent

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? yes, altough they used to come out and play hide and seek in the dark with us

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? yes, been cooking since i was 8

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? Yes, one really freaked us out, ever see the Juglar Vein, It's about cats that kill. Mom and Dad brought home a cat after we went to bed and put her in the bathroom, I was the first one up in the morning and needing to go to the bathroom, soon everyone woke up  ;D

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? not really, only in the evenings

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? yes, been to the Magnetic hill zoo many times as well as King's Landing

Written By: gemini61 on 03/15/05 at 7:38 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home?  YES

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette?  NO

3. Did you have chores?  NO

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate?  NO

5. Did your parents attend school functions?  YES

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? Yes, 1971 we did alot unsupervised

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup?  YES

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies?  NO

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? DIDN'T HAVE VIDEO GAMES, PLAYED OUTSIDE ALL DAY INSTEAD

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks?  WE TOOK A FAMILY VACATION EVERY YEAR

Written By: gord on 03/15/05 at 8:15 pm

1-Was there at least one parent at home ?  Yes

2-Had you ever tried a cigarette ? I'm gonna say yes, I was 10 or 11 and a buddy scammed a few of his moms.

3- Did you have chores ? I don't remember having any at 10

4-Were you required to eat everything on your plate ? yes

5-Did your parents attend school functions ? yes

6- Were you allowed to play outside alone,or with friends your age, unsupervised ? yes, we'd be out for hrs. and hrs.

7- Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scramble eggs or soup ? I remember messing up pancakes when I was around that age

8-Were you allowed to watch scary movies ? I can't remember watching any, I'm not sure if I was allowed to or not

9-Were you allowed to watch TV or play video games for long periods of time ? no video games and TV was very limited and shared with the entire family, a few hrs of Saturday morning cartoons would be the most I'd watch

10-Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks ? yes, alot of camping trips

Written By: jiminy on 03/15/05 at 8:28 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? Merle Haggard - Mama Tried

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? tried as in a Bill Clinton Cigar way?...no

3. Did you have chores? no the whores came later

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? that was the dogs job

5. Did your parents attend school functions? only when the teacher would call home

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised?
they would blindfold me and randomly drop me off 20 miles from home and I had to find my way home

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup?
sure, one brown crayon and hot water = coffee

no, they made me wet the bed

I was ordered to do this

yeah, something like that

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/15/05 at 8:29 pm

yep

definitely not!!

3. Did you have chores?
oh yeah..from a very early age

absolutely..   :P memories of crying over clam chowder one night until every bit was gone(getting rid of the broth first was the wrong approach! )

yes

all the time

with 3 older sisters and a mom who was a great cook, i had lots of opportunity to learn

mildly scary

limited tv;video games weren't really around

yes

Written By: jiminy on 03/15/05 at 8:37 pm

with 3 older sisters and a mom who was a great cook, i had lots of opportunity to learn

clam chowder being the one exception  ;D

Written By: jaytee on 03/15/05 at 8:42 pm

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette?   No

3. Did you have chores?  Yes- we lived on a hobby farm so there were plenty of chores

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate?  Mostly yes

5. Did your parents attend school functions?  Only Mum

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised?  Yes

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? Yes

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? No, but I used to sneak out with watch them with my big brother

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? No. TV wasn't like it is now and there were no video games.

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks?  No - there was always too much to do at home.

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/15/05 at 8:43 pm

clam chowder being the one exception  ;D

;D..touche!!!(it was the only time she made it..using disgusting canned clams ugh!)

Written By: jiminy on 03/15/05 at 8:48 pm

3. Did you have chores?  Yes- we lived on a hobby farm so there were plenty of chores

Do you raise hobby horses on a hobby farm?   ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/15/05 at 8:56 pm

Wow, I'm impressed!  Most men who were 10 in 1970 still don't know how!!  ;D
;D ;)

Written By: jaytee on 03/15/05 at 8:58 pm

Do you raise hobby horses on a hobby farm?   ::)

Yep ...    ;) ;D  what do you call hobby farms in America ? 

Written By: jiminy on 03/15/05 at 9:00 pm

Yep ...     ;) ;D  what do you call hobby farms in America ? 
I'm not sure, I was never a farmer

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/15/05 at 9:57 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? yes...my parents are still together

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? yes...I was in 5th grade and I spent the weekend with this "tough" girl from my class...and she introduced me to cigarettes for the very first time!

3. Did you have chores?Yes....I did mostly the dishes...and keeping my room clean

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? nope

5. Did your parents attend school functions? yes..my parents have always been very supportive of my activities....I have always done acting/singing and they have always been to every one of my concerts/plays, etc.

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? In our neighborhood we had a bunch of kids....we were allowed to play outside alone in our yard...or their yards..but we checked in every once in a while to let them know we were ok.

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? I helped my mom with stuff like that.

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? my parents were always very strict with what we were allowed to watch...no R rated movies, etc.

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? we never had a specific limit...but if they thought it was too much they would just tell us.

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? yes...we did SO  many things together...went bowling, amusement parks, vacations, picnics, game night...we've always been a close knit family and I have been fortunate enough to have this even to this day.

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/15/05 at 10:34 pm

3. Did you have chores?

1. Yes

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. Yes

8. Yes

9. Yes

10. Yes, sometimes.

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/15/05 at 10:43 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? Yes :D

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? No

3. Did you have chores? No

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? Nah

5. Did your parents attend school functions? No

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? No

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? Yes

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? Yes(although my dad complaiend a lot about my being an inside kid, he rarely FORCED me outside)

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? Ehhhh...sort of. We went on one vacation a year usually. And we all went out to eat together usually once or twice a month. Besides that, we didn't eat dinner together at home(I ate in my room)..see, me and my dad did a lot together. But I didn't do much with my mom. Me and my dad went to the movies, went fishing, went walking in the state park, went swimming etc. We were tight. :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/15/05 at 11:49 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? Yes, unfortunately, my parents were still married!

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? Not at ten.

3. Did you have chores? Yes, like cleaning the bathroom/kitchen, babysitting my siblings, and helping fold the laundry

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? yes

5. Did your parents attend school functions? yes

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? yes

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? yes

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? yes

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? no

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? yes

It was good to be a kid then

Tanya

Written By: Davester on 03/16/05 at 5:54 am

Yes.  I was raised by my grandparents.  Grams died in 1980...when I was ten.

No...

3. Did you have chores?

When I was ten?  No, not really.  I would later, though...

Definately yes.  And ,yes, was not allowed to leave the table otherwise.

Gramps did.  Grams was very ill, at the time...

Yes, by ten, the boundaries had expanded a little...

Oh yes, definatlely.  By ten, was cooking hot cereal or French toast for myself in the morning and fried egg sandwiches (my favorite, back then) for lunch.  Of course, I wasn't required to cook my own meals...

By ten, I probably was allowed to watch scary movies although I was strongly discouraged beforehand...

T.V., yes.  I had a T.V. in my room but bedtime was still bedtime.  Video games?  What are those..?

Occasionally, yes.  "Marriott's Great America" in Santa Clara was a summer outing as well as "Marine World" when it was in Redwood City.  Probably other things, too, like drives, visiting relations, etc, etc, etc...

Written By: karen on 03/16/05 at 6:13 am

1. Was there at least one parent at home?  no my mum worked part time, my dad worked full time

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? at age ten no.  ask me next year  ;)

3. Did you have chores? yes, tidying room, cleaning out hamsters cage that sort of thing

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? most of the time

5. Did your parents attend school functions? yes.  they even helped organise some of them

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? yes

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? I have two older brothers and we took it in turns to cook Thursday evening and on Fridays we got our own meal (fry-up of some description)

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? not really

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? not long periods of time no.  The most in one go would be Saturday mornings

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? regularly

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/16/05 at 6:27 am

1. Was there at least one parent at home?  Yes, both in fact

3. Did you have chores?  Not set ones

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate?  Yes, and did I ?  No !

5. Did your parents attend school functions?  No such thing in my day - school was NOT interactive for parents - I remember there being a very firm rule that parents did not step inside the school gate - seriously  :o

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised?  Yep

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup?  No

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies?  I wasn't stopped from doing so, I remember seeing "The Blob" and "Day Of The Triffids" prior to age 10

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time?  TV - yes - Video games - no such thing when I was 10  ;D

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks?  Yes

Written By: Mona on 03/16/05 at 6:38 am

1. Was there at least one parent at home?Yes

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette?My dad started smoking very young, because it was fun to do something behind his folks' backs, so when I was 10, he lined up the four oldest kids (I was the 4th out of 5)and said if you want to smoke don't go hiding it, just ask me for a cigarette (thinking this would take all the fun out of it for us) but being the smart a** I was, I said ok give me a cigarette and when he did, I wasn't quite sure what to do so I said well I can't smoke it if you don't light it.  So he lit it and I went out on the porch and smoked it.  My little brother walked up and said I'm telling.  I said Dad gave it to me, go ask him he'll give you one too.  So he comes back out on the porch with a smoke takes one drag coughs and I said well give it to me, I'll smoke it.   I guess it worked pretty good, out of 5 kids I'm the only one who smokes and I probably wouldn't if my first husband had been a non smoker.

3. Did you have chores? Not many. I got ice for the tea, set the table and dried dishes.  Mother always washed.  When I was 10 Dad told me well we have a new dishwasher, I said Are you talking about me?  LOL But really he had bought a dishwasher.

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate?No, our parents only asked that we not get more than we thought we could eat.

5. Did your parents attend school functions?Yes

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised?Yes, til like 10 at night in the summer.  We would be gone all day, as long as they had a general idea of where we were, who we were with and when we'd be home they were fine with it.

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup?Yes

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies?Yes, but I do remember being made to go to bed early one time because they were going to watch a movie that suggested Parental Guidence (when I think of all the crap kids watch today on regular TV it's kind of scary--personally I never let my kids watch Married With Children or The Simpsons)

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time?We didn't have a video game until I was 13 (Atari--pong and tank) We didn't play for long periods of time thou.

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks?We went to the lake in the summer.  With 5 kids it was too expensive to go places like amusement parks.

Written By: mandamoo on 03/16/05 at 6:39 am

1. Was there at least one parent at home?  Yes

3. Did you have chores?  No, but I actually wanted them  ::)

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate?  No

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? I did ! I was a Brownie  ;D

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies?  Yep....I was allowed to stay up and watch the Evil Touch series every Friday night  :D

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time?  Yes, TV

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/05 at 6:47 am

5. Did your parents attend school functions?   No such thing in my day - school was NOT interactive for parents - I remember there being a very firm rule that parents did not step inside the school gate - seriously  :o

Didn't your Mum do tuckshop?  My Mum did tuckshop roster and she used to get very involved in the school fete.  She was also Treasurer of the P & F.  Dad didn't ever step foot in the place to my knowledge.  I can remember my friend's mother saying that she met her daughter's teacher on the last day of school at the break-up party  :o  These days you'd be considered an uncaring and irresponsible parent.  ???

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/16/05 at 7:00 am

Didn't your Mum do tuckshop?  My Mum did tuckshop roster and she used to get very involved in the school fete.  She was also Treasurer of the P & F.  Dad didn't ever step foot in the place to my knowledge.  I can remember my friend's mother saying that she met her daughter's teacher on the last day of school at the break-up party  :o  These days you'd be considered an uncaring and irresponsible parent.  ???

Seriously, I went to Fig Tree Pocket state school, there were seven grades with apx 10 kids in each grade, max of 70 students the whole time I was there.

No uniform, no shoes, no nothing.  And certainly with a school that size, no tuck shop  >:(  Which was a real bummer, let me tells ya  :o

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/05 at 7:09 am

Seriously, I went to Fig Tree Pocket state school, there were seven grades with apx 10 kids in each grade, max of 70 students the whole time I was there.

No uniform, no shoes, no nothing.   And certainly with a school that size, no tuck shop  >:(  Which was a real bummer, let me tells ya  :o

In Year 1 I went to Mayfield State School which was a BIG school.  In my class there were approx 60 kids  :o  In Year 2 I went to Belmont State School and it was much the same size as Fig Tree Pocket.  I can remember tuckshop was every Monday.  Belmont these days has around 1000 kids.  The Year 1 enrolments would be a couple of hundred  :o

My kids think its hilarious when they look at my school photos.  Half of the class were bare-foot and there may have been about 3 kids in uniform.  Although I had a uniform I never wore it on photo day.  That was the day you dragged out the best dress you owned.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/16/05 at 7:13 am

In Year 1 I went to Mayfield State School which was a BIG school.  In my class there were approx 60 kids  :o  In Year 2 I went to Belmont State School and it was much the same size as Fig Tree Pocket.  I can remember tuckshop was every Monday.  Belmont these days has around 1000 kids.  The Year 1 enrolments would be a couple of hundred  :o

My kids think its hilarious when they look at my school photos.  Half of the class were bare-foot and there may have been about 3 kids in uniform.  Although I had a uniform I never wore it on photo day.  That was the day you dragged out the best dress you owned.

Well I drew the line somewhere before wearing the best dress I owned  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/05 at 7:14 am

Well I drew the line somewhere before wearing the best dress I owned  ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Mona on 03/16/05 at 7:18 am

What is tuckshop?

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/16/05 at 7:21 am

What is tuckshop?

Err, the american equivalent would probably be the cafeteria ?

Written By: Paul on 03/16/05 at 7:22 am

You're expecting me to remember when I was 10...?!!

I can't even remember last Wednesday...but I'll have a crack...

Yes, all three of mine were...!! Ahem! Apart from employment, yes - both were...

I think I'd had a lug of one of my Gran's...according to eye-witnesses, I went several shades of puce...!

3. Did you have chores?
Not really - I got away with murder...!

Depends...if the aforementioned Gran was in attendance, then yes (which was normally horrid bubble and squeak...aargh...!!)

Blimey! Not half...!! I don't think a parent's evening was ever missed...which kept you in check somewhat...

Absolutely...

Scrambled eggs is simple...?!! It was probably the 'doorstep' sandwich special, but I think I'd mastered the art of can opening by this time...

Not sure...I probably wouldn't have watched them anyway...

With the TV, only when our homework was done...Video games did sort-of exist, but no-one could afford 'em...

Yes...when families could actually afford to...!

Written By: Mona on 03/16/05 at 7:26 am

Well now I'm confused, the cafeteria is where we eat lunch.  You guys only ate lunch on Monday?  Wow, tough school.  ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/16/05 at 7:30 am

Well now I'm confused, the cafeteria is where we eat lunch.  You guys only ate lunch on Monday?  Wow, tough school.  ;D

Same for tuckshop - except (for those who acually HAD one, boooo !) it was where you bought your lunch - certainly no concept of an indoor sitting down area which to this day makes me laugh every time I see an american show where they show kids carrying a tray with a carton of milk and this and that and the other !  :o

Any trays at my school would have most likely been used as weapons  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Paul on 03/16/05 at 7:33 am

We used the food...!!

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/05 at 7:43 am

Same for tuckshop - except (for those who acually HAD one, boooo !) it was where you bought your lunch - certainly no concept of an indoor sitting down area which to this day makes me laugh every time I see an american show where they show kids carrying a tray with a carton of milk and this and that and the other !  :o

The trays would have been great for sliding down a nice grassy little slope we had at the back of the school.  ;D

And to further explain "tuckshop" to Mona :

We used to get milk every morning for morning tea (or little lunch as it was affectionately known).  The milk was supplied by the Government and it was always a bit on the warm side :P  Still makes me feel sick to think about it.  We either would sit under the school building on bench seats or out on the lawn while we ate our lunch which we brought from home but if it was tuckshop day you could purchase your lunch.  It was more of a learning tool and a treat than a necessity.  It taught us how to get used to money. ::)

Written By: karen on 03/16/05 at 7:51 am

The milk was supplied by the Government and it was always a bit on the warm side :P  Still makes me feel sick to think about it.  

I was milk monitor in one of my classes at primary school.  I got to put a straw in each little bottle of milk and then hand them round the class. Occasionally in the winter we had the reverse problem of warm milk.  The milk got so cold it froze and used to push the top off the bottle.  we used to call it ice cream and pretend that it tasted great when actually it was foul!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/16/05 at 7:52 am

The trays would have been great for sliding down a nice grassy little slope we had at the back of the school.  ;D

And to further explain "tuckshop" to Mona :

We used to get milk every morning for morning tea (or little lunch as it was affectionately known).  The milk was supplied by the Government and it was always a bit on the warm side :P  Still makes me feel sick to think about it.  We either would sit under the school building on bench seats or out on the lawn while we ate our lunch which we brought from home but if it was tuckshop day you could purchase your lunch.  It was more of a learning tool and a treat than a necessity.  It taught us how to get used to money. ::)

Alright !  Little lunch and big lunch - we even called it that in high school  ::)

I remember the warm milk  :-[ :-\\ :-\\ :-\\  It was disgusting.  It came in those strange paper/cardboard triangular pyramid packs, and trying to get the tab off so you could drink the warm curdling milk usually resulted in you spilling most of it (if you were really lucky)  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/16/05 at 7:53 am

Just thought i would let you all know..

One of the guys that served lunch at our Primary school was tried and convicted for some description of child abuse.

He used to serve us all meat and would get exceptionally excited when handing out sausages.. in retrospect he was v.creepy.

We used to have trays with specially designed holes that different bits of food went in.

These were indeed, used to beat Thomas The Turd (as he was lovingly know) round the head.

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/05 at 8:03 am

Alright !  Little lunch and big lunch - we even called it that in high school  ::)

I remember the warm milk  :-[ :-\\ :-\\ :-\\  It was disgusting.  It came in those strange paper/cardboard triangular pyramid packs, and trying to get the tab off so you could drink the warm curdling milk usually resulted in you spilling most of it (if you were really lucky)  ;D ;D ;D ;D

We had the bottled milk first of all and then we got homogenized milk in those strange-shaped packs.  I remember the teacher explaining what "homogenized" meant.  Still didn't make it taste any better.  :P 

I still refer to morning tea and lunch as little lunch and big lunch - my kids look at me as though I'm a half-wit.

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/05 at 8:08 am

I was milk monitor in one of my classes at primary school.  I got to put a straw in each little bottle of milk and then hand them round the class. Occasionally in the winter we had the reverse problem of warm milk.  The milk got so cold it froze and used to push the top off the bottle.  we used to call it ice cream and pretend that it tasted great when actually it was foul!

Milk monitor - that was a big deal at primary school.  We used to stand at the bottom of the stairs and as each classmate would pass you'd hand them a straw (no plastic - they were waxed paper with stripes on them) and they'd take a bottle of milk from the crate.  Our Government probably got the whole milk idea from your Goverment.    :D 

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/05 at 8:10 am

One of the guys that served lunch at our Primary school was tried and convicted for some description of child abuse.

He used to serve us all meat and would get exceptionally excited when handing out sausages.. in retrospect he was v.creepy.

Oh Andy ... you're awful  ;D ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/16/05 at 8:11 am

Oh Andy ... you're awful  ;D ;D

He started it

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/05 at 8:13 am

He started it

I remember we had a very pervy groundsman at the high school I went to.

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/16/05 at 8:18 am

I remember we had a very pervy groundsman at the high school I went to.

'Is that a trowel in your pocket or are you happy to see me?'

Written By: jaytee on 03/16/05 at 8:21 am

'Is that a trowel in your pocket or are you happy to see me?'

;D ;D

Written By: MooRocca on 03/16/05 at 8:46 am

Yes.

No.

3. Did you have chores?
Yes.  I also helped my parents build a house, that year... which we moved into shortly after I turned 11. 

Yes.  With my larger-than-average appetite, that was only a problem with a select few dishes that made (and still make) me gag. 

There were no school functions for them to attend at the school I attended that year.

To some extent.  I could go to the park with my sister or friends, but I always had a time limit and it was always an hour or less.  At my house and at friends' houses, there was always a parent at home... not hawk-eyeing us, but there and peeking out the window from time to time to count heads.  There was always a time limit on how long I could have company over or how long I could be at someone else's house and all of the other kids had time limits, as well... we were all experts at negotiating to get our time limits extended to coincide with whichever kid had the longest one.  :) 

Not yet.  I started cooking when I was 11.

Very rarely and only with my parents... same rule I had as far back as I could remember. 

I didn't want to waste long periods of time sitting on my hind-end inside, so I have no idea if I would have been allowed.

Yes.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/16/05 at 11:55 am

1. Was there at least one parent at home?  At night yes, but I was also a latch key kid after school.

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? No

3. Did you have chores? Yes, emptying the dishwasher, cleaning my room, I forget if there was more.

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? No

5. Did your parents attend school functions? Sometimes

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? Yes, we lived in a super safe small town though

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? yes

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? Yes.  I watched The Shining with my parents..big mistake!

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? They didnt really monitor me, but I never really played for too long.

Written By: MLB on 03/16/05 at 5:04 pm

Yea, both my folks were present raising me, but mom was there the majority of the time.

No cigarettes, I was a good kid.  We had all sorts of people in and out the house sometimes and it didn't look like anything I wanted to try.  I was also a very conscientious young girl scout and church youth choir member. awwww!

Yes I had chores.  I was supposed to do anything she asked me.  Mostly it was help her with laundry, keep my half of the room tidy, make a conscious effort at school, pick up my toys when they were out of the play room or left on the front yard lawn or back patio. Also a little dishes and feeding, walking, tending to the dogs.

Well, sometimes yes, but othertimes no.  I do remember sitting there all night once because even tho' I like rice my portion was cold and the butter wouldn't melt so i wouldn't eat.  Mostly I tried everything once to keep the peace.  But there were some things she knew I would not eat so she never asked me to.

Yep, they attended just about everything there was to attend.  And partly because I was in the orchestra so they had to transport me. Mine was an excellent room mom. 

We had an insulated condo(townhouse) complex so that there was always a ton of kids of varying ages to play with.  We were allowed to go outside and play but ususally we had to come back at a certain time to 'check in" and if we didn't whenever we did return, we couldn't go back out.  And we weren't allowed to go inside friend's homes if we had bikes or skates because those were outside things.  Quite often she would set us up with kool ade and some sort of food and we would camp out under the tree infront of our place and play dolls or Barbie or whatever. and whomever came round was welcome as long as they didn't start any trouble. 

I do believe we were making simple foods by then.  French fries in the oven, frozen microwave burritos, eggs, soup. grilled cheese, (when she was in the house) etc...

I never had any desire to, but she wouldn't have let us I think if we had asked.  That wasn't her thing.  I do remember seeing the original film Rocky on "ON" TV though!

oh yea!! We had an Atari set and we played that poor thing out!  She would set limits but we could play for quite a while if we wanted.  We did have to stop for food and other certain things on weekends but yeah, that was fun.  It's amazing I didn't get carpal (spell?) tunnel with all the games I beat!

We didn't go away with mom and dad a lot, but sometimes we'd go places with mom, and sometimes dad would take us...my sister and I.  Dad took us train chasing. And to car shows, fancy restoration models being paraded around the local fair grounds. And mom would take us to the park, to the beach, to the local fast food and picnic in the park w/the food, or To visit Grandma.  We went to amusement parks as Disney is local to me but I don't remember Dad going too often.

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/16/05 at 6:37 pm

Yes I had Both

No, I didn't start until I was 17

3. Did you have chores?
Yep the kitchen and I was the official mailbox checker

Yes always

All the time, though my mom never joined the PTA. Thank GOD.

At 10 I was allowed to go anywhere in the Lower East side of manhattan, but I had to stay Below Houston St. and I couldn't go anywhere on the West side yet.

yeah my mom already taught me how to make Spaghetti and fried Chicken.

My mother never was really restricting when it came to movies even if it had sex.

I was only allowed to watch TV after I did my homework up until Midnight. I was already a bookworm and an afterschool activity addict so my mother never had to set rules about TV.

All the time, almost every weekend we were doing something together. I've been to almost every museum in New York because of my mother.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/16/05 at 6:46 pm

Yes.

No.

3. Did you have chores?

Yeah, clean my bedroom when it got messy.

Not really.

Yes.

Not to far away from the house.

No.

Depending on the movie.

For a limited ammount of time only.

Yes

Written By: Miss Tainted on 03/16/05 at 6:52 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? - Yes

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? - No

3. Did you have chores? - Yes

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? - Yes

5. Did your parents attend school functions? - Yes

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? - No

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? - Yes

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? - Yes (which created great fear in me, never let little kids watch scary movies no matter how much they beg you!)

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? - Yes and No

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? - Yes  :-\\

Written By: Ripp on 03/17/05 at 12:30 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? Not Always. Perhaps my older sister or brother.

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? No...and I never want to.

3. Did you have chores? No luckily!

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? No, but I was required to eat as much as I could or if I left quite a lot on my plate, then I would be told eat that potato.

5. Did your parents attend school functions? My first yes lol, Well my mum and dad wouldn't miss Parent's evening, I was in so many plays where they attended...well it's a big fat yes.

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? What is meant by outside?

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? No...I've only just learnt cooking. But I helped my mum bake cakes, so that might count.

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? Can't remember. I think I was a bit, but not if they were disturbing films where they had shown you the limbs and head and blood covered body parts in cupboards and on desks.

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? I think so.

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? No can't say I remember if I did...

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/27/05 at 12:11 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? I had both parents at home with me.

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? Not till a bit later on in age.

3. Did you have chores? Not that I can remember.

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? Yes, no other option was made available to me.

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? Oh yes!

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? No not yet.

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? I was allowed to watch Dr Who.

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? Video games were not available for me.

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? Yes.

Written By: Bobby on 03/27/05 at 12:31 pm

Yes until 1989/1990 - I went to a childminder while my mother was doing exam courses.

No

3. Did you have chores?
No

It was a neccessity.

Sometimes, I felt let down by them on the whole.

Yes

No

Yes

Not really.

We did stuff occassionally. On the whole, no.

Written By: Mergal on 03/27/05 at 1:13 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? Yes except if my Mom was teaching, which would mean I would be alone for no more than half an hour.

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? No----I was very anti-smoking, and other then a brief period in my late teens/early 20s, I still am.

3. Did you have chores? Yes----making my bed, cleaning my room, and setting the table.

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? Yes and they would set limits on my sugar intake, which meant I could only drink Coca-Cola on special occasions, eat dessert (if there was any) only after dinner, only eat a small segment (I remember my Mom confiscated my gummy rat when she caught me trying to eat more of it), and in my lunchbox I would have one snack such as a package of fun-fruits (boy would I envy those kids whose lunchboxes were stuffed with donuts, sugary cookies, candies....). I think my parents' dietary discipline actually backfired because once I was allowed more freedom with choices, boy did I go crazy with my sugar intake, and now I'm sadly a junkfood junkie.

5. Did your parents attend school functions? Yep

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? I allowed others to make my meals so I guess the answer is no not to mention that all I seem to make now are simple dishes: the above, toast, Jell-O, pasta mixed in with Cheese Whiz and vegetables/black beans, baking chocolate chip cooks from Pilsbury cookie dough roll. Now everyone's harping me to expand my cooking/baking skills! But I just can't seem to even cook chicken on the George Forman grill without making it smoke! I was horrible in chemistry lab by the way so that might be an explanation.

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? Yep

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? Yes, but my parents preferred that I played outside, which wasn't too much of an issue since I was an outdoor kid.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/27/05 at 4:32 pm

Yeah at the time I lived with my Mom, she was almost always home

Nope

3. Did you have chores?
yeah

Not by my parents but that lady on the TV that always showed the starving children in Africa made me feel guilty if I left my food on my plate, so I always at it all.

Yeah most of the time....if you mean sports and such.

yeah..came from a small town.

Not at 10 years old I didn't....well I probably did...just never tried.

oh yeah...I grew up on them

TV was my life back then.....too bad TV ain't as good today.

No

Written By: Zella on 03/27/05 at 4:58 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home?  Unfortunately yes. Which is why I preferred to go play with my friends Diane and Cherie, just us three kids (13, 10 and 8 ) - no adult supervision all day. We used the stove. We lit candles. We played with knives.... ;D

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette?  46 and I still haven't

3. Did you have chores? My mother agreed to give me 25 cents a week allowance if I dried the dishes every night. That lasted about a month. Then I decided the 25 cents wasn't worth the lost 15 minutes every night, and my mother decided that trying to instill a sense of responsibility in me was way too much work... ::)

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate?  No, but the supper table was frequently a battle, 'cus my mother is a horrible cook.... :P

5. Did your parents attend school functions?  There was no such thing as a 'soccer mom' in 1969. My mother belonged to the PTA. Other than that, adults were adults and kids were kids and they didn't try to get all 'involved' in our lives... ::)

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? See question #1. As long as my parents knew where I was and I phoned first if I walked home after dark.

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? I remember getting all excited when my mother got me a Children's Betty Crocker Cookbook and allowed me to make meatloaf. That was a lot of fun, except I had to eat it afterward. I hate meatlaof. That was the end of that venture...Never learned to cook another thing until scrambled eggs in Home Ec in Junior High.... ::)

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? I didn't want to watch scary movies

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? Video Games weren't invented until I was 20 - ha ha... As for TV, I didn't want to watch it. Waste of time when one could be outside playing.

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? Sometimes. Also Dairy Queen, Root Beer stands, miniature golf and the vague 'going for a drive' (I hated the latter...)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/28/05 at 6:38 am

1. Was there at least one parent at home?  Unfortunately yes. Which is why I preferred to go play with my friends Diane and Cherie, just us three kids (13, 10 and 8 ) - no adult supervision all day. We used the stove. We lit candles. We played with knives.... ;D

Yep.  And you're still here and normal hey ?  ;)

5. Did your parents attend school functions?  There was no such thing as a 'soccer mom' in 1969. My mother belonged to the PTA. Other than that, adults were adults and kids were kids and they didn't try to get all 'involved' in our lives... ::)

Beautiful.  Same as mine.  And that was the way we ALL liked it  ;D

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? Sometimes. .... and the vague 'going for a drive' (I hated the latter...)

Ugh !  We had that too  >:( >:( >:( >:(  It seemed to take forever  >:( :)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/28/05 at 10:09 pm

Nope.  Both parents worked.

Yes.  Everyone in my family but me smoked, I snuck one or two.  Never caught on with me, though.

3. Did you have chores?
Yup.  My sister and I traded off cleaning the kitchen or living room and bathroom.

No.  We had to try at least one bite.  If we didn't like it next time we didn't have to get any.  Mom thought it was a waste of food to put it on our plates if we didn't like it.

When I was in high school orchestra, they did.  Not much before except for parent teacher conferences.

Heck yeah.  I lived in a small town during the 80's.  It was relatively safe.  There was a group of us that would play from morning til dark.

Yes.  Macaroni and cheese was always my job to make.

Yes, I didn't do it often, though.  I am a wuss when it comes to scary movies.

If my folks weren't home, I did.  If they were home, mom would make me go outside and play if the weather was good.

Mom would drop my sister and I at the amusement park.  About the only thing we did as a family was go out to breakfast on Saturday morning.  We did go on yearly vacations to my step-father's home town for a visit, though.  Rather boring vacations.

Written By: Jeni on 03/28/05 at 10:33 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? - Always one or the other there most of the time

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? - Not at 10, but later in life

3. Did you have chores? - Same as most, dressing my bed, cleaning my room, feeding my cat

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? - No, I was a fussy eater and my mom gave up on me by the time I was 5

5. Did your parents attend school functions? - Yes, was in a lot of school plays & musicals, they never missed one

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? - Yes

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? - I thought I did at the time but as it turns out I really didn't

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? - I was too chicken to watch scary movies, heck I had nightmares about Jaws from James Bond

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? - An hour a day

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? - Had a family outing at least once a week

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/29/05 at 9:03 am

1. Was there at least one parent at home?....Yeah

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette?...I think I stole one of my grandmas and tried it

3. Did you have chores?...yeah

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate?....sometimes....when I made a fuss about it....I had too

5. Did your parents attend school functions? I never really did or do anything in school....i'm a bit anti-social

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised?...yeah

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? yeppers

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies?...no, and I always remember wanting to watch Chuckie....what a lame movie

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time?...I never really played video games....but tv....yeah

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks?.....yes....they turned into bad moods and fights...lol

Written By: jackas on 03/29/05 at 10:04 am

1. Was there at least one parent at home?  Yes, both.

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? I think so.  If not by 10, definitely 12.

3. Did you have chores? Yes, my sisters and I rotated housework.

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? I only remember this when my Mom made fish. :P

5. Did your parents attend school functions?  My Mom.

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised?  Yep, until the streetlight came on.

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup?  Yes, I loved to cook.

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies?  Of course, it was the early 80's when they were popular.

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time?  I'm sure I was allowed, I just didn't.

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? On occasion.

Written By: Ripp on 03/29/05 at 1:14 pm

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? Yes and they would set limits on my sugar intake, which meant I could only drink Coca-Cola on special occasions, eat dessert (if there was any) only after dinner, only eat a small segment (I remember my Mom confiscated my gummy rat when she caught me trying to eat more of it), and in my lunchbox I would have one snack such as a package of fun-fruits (boy would I envy those kids whose lunchboxes were stuffed with donuts, sugary cookies, candies....). I think my parents' dietary discipline actually backfired because once I was allowed more freedom with choices, boy did I go crazy with my sugar intake, and now I'm sadly a junkfood junkie.

To me, you shouldn't just cut back on sugars always and let people have like half a teaspoon of sugar a day. You might feel ill and sick and not have the energy for doing anything. And then when they let you have a freedom to choose, you go mad with the sugar because there's so much to catch up on, and then you feel ill anyway. It's a bad diet. Sugar eaten little but often. Sugar in fruits, snacks, etc etc. Otherwise, it could even affect your social status! People eat sugar - you eat fruits - people think fruits are "uncool" - you lose friends - perhaps have 1 or 2 friends - people pick on you - etc etc.

Written By: nally on 04/11/05 at 2:40 pm

Yes.

2. Had you ever tried a cigaratte?
No way!

3. Did you have chores?
Yes.

For the most part, yes.

A few.

Kind of. A year later I began riding my bike around the neighborhood with a neighborhood friend.

No, but I did know how to use the microwave. But that's all.

That's kinda hard to say, mostly because I had absolutely no desire to.

Yes. However, I usually watched the TV for long periods of time when I was at my grandma's house, usually cartoons.

Yes.

Written By: Apricot on 04/13/05 at 8:53 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home? Both.

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette? Nope, and I have no plans to.

3. Did you have chores? Yeah. Basically fudge needed done.

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate? Naw, never really an issue, though. I was good with portions.

5. Did your parents attend school functions? Yeah, but we didn't have many back then.

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised? Yeah.

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup? Nope. Cereal was the word.

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies? Yeah, never a problem with us.

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time? Yeah, if I could endure the incessant whining the whole time.

10. Did your family do "family things" like go to zoos, parks, amusement parks? Yeah, not like amusement parks and stuff though, that was more rare. But we did things as a family. Not always enjoyable, but we were together.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/13/05 at 9:21 pm

1. Was there at least one parent at home?  Yes, my mom and dad

2. Had you ever tried a cigarette?  No, still haven't.

3. Did you have chores? Yes, clean my room, take out the trash, and some other little things.

4. Were you required to eat everything on your plate?  Yes, unless I was able to prove I was really full.

5. Did your parents attend school functions?  Yes

6. Were you allowed to play outside alone, or with friends your age, unsupervised?  Most of the time

7. Did you know how to cook simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or a can of soup?  I could do  ramen soup, but not eggs. My parents didn't trust me with the stove.

8. Were you allowed to watch scary movies?  No

9. Were you allowed to watch tv or play video games for long periods of time?  No, my parents made me go outside a lot.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/14/05 at 12:47 am

Ugh !  We had that too  >:( >:( >:( >:(  It seemed to take forever  >:( :)

That seems to be universal, across the generations. My parents always wanted to do the Sunday drive out in the country and I HATED it.

Written By: Dude111 on 02/02/08 at 11:39 pm

1. Yes :)

2. No.

3. No.

4. Sometimes

5. Sometimes

6. Yes

7. Yes

8. Sometimes

9. Yes

10. Yes

Check for new replies or respond here...