inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Nature Biome

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/17/05 at 9:24 pm

I say forest.  :)

Subject: Re: Favorite Nature Biome

Written By: jaytee on 03/17/05 at 9:53 pm

Seashore

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/17/05 at 10:04 pm

all i see is forests, lakes and streams. i love the mountains and one day i'll move to alberta or BC.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/17/05 at 10:27 pm

all i see is forests, lakes and streams. i love the mountains and one day i'll move to alberta or BC.

You live in the taiga?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/17/05 at 10:33 pm

You live in the taiga?

yep, smack dab in the middle of northen manitoba. the hills we have are glacial eskers and moraines, other than those, the terrain is relatively flat.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/17/05 at 10:40 pm

yep, smack dab in the middle of northen manitoba. the hills we have are glacial eskers and moraines, other than those, the terrain is relatively flat.

Doesn't the Arctic dip down into Manitoba because of the Hudson Bay?

Also, you ever been to the States?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/17/05 at 10:46 pm

Doesn't the Arctic dip down into Manitoba because of the Hudson Bay?

Also, you ever been to the States?

it does. the treeline ends about two hundred miles north of my hometown and churchill is only a twelve hour train ride from here. and believe me when i tell you those arctic winds are damn cold.

yes, i have relations who live in colorado and i visited them with my parents years ago. i love the states of montana, wyoming and colorado. great scenery. i also journied through the dakotas, minnesota, michigan and wisconsin.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/17/05 at 10:54 pm

it does. the treeline ends about two hundred miles north of my hometown and churchill is only a twelve hour train ride from here. and believe me when i tell you those arctic winds are darn cold.

yes, i have relations who live in colorado and i visited them with my parents years ago. i love the states of montana, wyoming and colorado. great scenery. i also journied through the dakotas, minnesota, michigan and wisconsin.

I used to live in Great Falls, Montana, which is about 100 mi south of the Canadian Border.  You been there?  It gets cold there but I'm sure it's nothing compared to northern Manitoba.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/17/05 at 10:59 pm

I used to live in Great Falls, Montana, which is about 100 mi south of the Canadian Border.  You been there?  It gets cold there but I'm sure it's nothing compared to northern Manitoba.

truth? i don't know, i was only seven at the time, one town looked like the rest. i do remember the battle site of little bighorn.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/17/05 at 11:02 pm

truth? i don't know, i was only seven at the time, one town looked like the rest. i do remember the battle site of little bighorn.

I've never been that far east in Montana.  The furthest out I've been is Lewistown, which is barely east of Montana's geographic center.  I have been to the southwest corner of Alberta near Glacier Park.

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/17/05 at 11:47 pm

I like lakes and streams.

Written By: Gis on 03/18/05 at 3:13 am

The Seashore. Though at the moment  I live in the most central area of the U.K so I'm as far away from it as I can get !

Written By: mandamoo on 03/18/05 at 5:53 am

Mountains for me

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/18/05 at 5:59 am

Mountains  :)

Written By: Paul on 03/18/05 at 7:06 am

Forests...

On the proviso that I'm dosed up to the nth degree with industrial strength insect repellant...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/18/05 at 10:16 am

I didn't voted because I am tossed between mountains and forests-part of the reason why I LOVE where I am living, we have forests on our mountains.  ;D

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/18/05 at 10:18 am

Seashore

Tanya

Written By: Miss Tainted on 03/18/05 at 4:31 pm

I say lakes and streams (mostly for the streams) But when I clicked that I suddenly saw that fields was an option so I pick fields because it reminds me of when I was a little kid playing in this field of wild flowers up in Pennsylvania.  :) Ahh the good old days.

Check for new replies or respond here...