inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Opposite Sex

Written By: jackas on 03/17/05 at 10:14 pm

What attracts you to the opposite sex?  Guys, are you a leg man, a$$ man, t!t man or do you like her eyes?  Girls, are you into his eyes, chest, butt, or smile?  What is your ideal mate, or if you wrote a singles ad, how would it read?

At first glance, I'm attracted to men with dark brown hair and dark eyes.  I love a guy with a good sense of humor.

For the ideal man in my Utopian world:

I prefer men to be around 6 ft or taller and have a big build especially pecs and biceps and a tight but round a$$.  Dark hair and any color eyes, but I prefer brown or green.  Likes trendy clothes and hair styles.  Great sense of humor with a thick skin but also someone who is considerate and unselfish.

Subject: Re: The Opposite Sex

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/17/05 at 10:27 pm

i'm an unabashed breast man. i love dark hair, short or long and a larger than normal sized body. i'm really into the personality, she has to be unique in her weirdness and lately (due in fact to my last gf) i love piercings and tats and not just earrings but piercings that are only exclusive to your eyes (and tongue) only...

Written By: ADH13 on 03/17/05 at 10:28 pm

I like men with a little cushion... a really skinny man doesn't appeal to me.

I like men who are relatively stable.  By this I mean they don't have an ex-wife constantly in the picture, battles over child custody/support, not still tied to the apron strings, has a job, etc.

I don't like men who nitpick over pennies (the kind who will drive all over town to find a gas station where the gas is 2 cents cheaper), and men who think the floor is the hamper, garbage can, etc.

And they can't be too possessive or jealous either.

Written By: jackas on 03/17/05 at 10:33 pm

the kind who will drive all over town to find a gas station where the gas is 2 cents cheaper), and men who think the floor is the hamper, garbage can, etc.

Gee, you described my husband here.  He used to want to drive four miles (each way) to a gas station that was .05 cents cheaper per gallon.  It was a savings of $2. per tank.  I was like, "I'll give you the two dollars, just go to the gas station across the street!"

Written By: ADH13 on 03/17/05 at 10:35 pm

Gee, you described my husband here.  He used to want to drive four miles (each way) to a gas station that was .05 cents cheaper per gallon.  It was a savings of $2. per tank.  I was like, "I'll give you the two dollars, just go to the gas station across the street!"

LOL I had a boyfriend like that once, it used to drive me nuts!! 

Written By: jackas on 03/17/05 at 10:40 pm

LOL I had a boyfriend like that once, it used to drive me nuts!! 

;D ;D ;D ;D Ridiculous ::)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/17/05 at 11:15 pm

Oh, all sorts of factors.

Eyes are very important, and their lips and smile. A good smile goes a long way.

I love long hair, especially wavy. Oh, and auburn or red is my favorite color.

I also have a preference towards taller women. And if I had to choose what feature is more important, a** or breasts, I'd say *ss.

Written By: jackas on 03/17/05 at 11:18 pm

Oh, all sorts of factors.

Eyes are very important, and their lips and smile. A good smile goes a long way.

I love long hair, especially wavy. Oh, and auburn or red is my favorite color.

I also have a preference towards taller women. And if I had to choose what feature is more important, a** or breasts, I'd say *ss.

Yes, you are right, there are too many factors. :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/17/05 at 11:27 pm

The eyes, the smile, the height (I like tall guys)... :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/17/05 at 11:46 pm

The eyes, the smile, the height (I like tall guys)... :)

I wonder, what makes tall men more attractive to women?

As someone who is 5'7"/167 cm tall, I wonder this.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/18/05 at 12:06 am

I wonder, what makes tall men more attractive to women?

As someone who is 5'7"/167 cm tall, I wonder this.

I think it has to do with me being a tall woman (5'9")... :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/18/05 at 12:13 am

I think it has to do with me being a tall woman (5'9")... :)

No, what I meant was why is a guy being taller than you attractive?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/18/05 at 12:17 am

No, what I meant was why is a guy being taller than you attractive?

I don't really know.  Maybe it makes me feel more secure... :-\\

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/18/05 at 12:18 am

I don't really know. Maybe it makes me feel more secure... :-\\

I've always wondered that. I've known of many a women who won't date a guy shorter than them. If that is how they feel..but to them I say don't complain if a guy turns you down because your breasts aren't large enough.  >:(

Written By: Gis on 03/18/05 at 3:09 am

I've always wondered that. I've known of many a women who won't date a guy shorter than them. If that is how they feel..but to them I say don't complain if a guy turns you down because your breasts aren't large enough.  >:(
I imagine it stems back to the whole the male is meant to protect the female thing,so you subconsciously think someone taller will shelter you ?
Having said that when you find the right person it doesn't matter one bit, and if someone is shallow enough to think it does then it's their loss !  I'm 5ft 11' and my other half is the same height as me and he loves going out with me when I have heels on and tower over him and I don't even think about it. 

Written By: jiminy on 03/18/05 at 3:58 am

What attracts you to the opposite sex?  Guys, are you a leg man, a$$ man, t!t man or do you like her eyes?  Girls, are you into his eyes, chest, butt, or smile?  What is your ideal mate, or if you wrote a singles ad, how would it read?
For some reason I'm craving a KFC chicken bucket

Written By: Bobby on 03/18/05 at 4:57 am

For some reason I'm craving a KFC chicken bucket

Ha ha!  ;D

Hmmm. Again, as a lot of people stated. Different factors. I love a woman's eyes, hair, face,  and then I scan down and look at her body (yep! I like tits and arse too  ;D) and then I focus on the personality. If the personality is rotten, it puts me off the woman despite the above factors.  :)

I tend to get drawn to affectionate, mysterious red heads/brunettes with a daft sense of humour. Not a mix that is readily available all of the time.  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/18/05 at 6:32 am

Slutty, Skanky, Bottom Feeding, Trashbag Ho Types

Long Hair is important.. although I'm not awfully concerned wether it's Black, Yeller or Red.

I'd love to be able to sing..

"I love to love em, I love to shove em, I love to kiss em & i love to kick em.. I'm an ass man!"

But alas.. The Swinging Sweater Puppies win out there.

Not skinny.. gah one thing i hate more than anything is chicks where you can see the bones in there neck.. ugh, it's horrible.

Personality wise.. well anybody that can put up with me must have a good one.  ;)

The one thing that they must have is at least similar tastes in music to me. Which isn't that difficult, i can put up with a lot of stuff... but if i don't like something.. IT MUST BE DESTROYED!

Written By: jackas on 03/18/05 at 9:36 am

I imagine it stems back to the whole the male is meant to protect the female thing,so you subconsciously think someone taller will shelter you ?
Having said that when you find the right person it doesn't matter one bit, and if someone is shallow enough to think it does then it's their loss !  I'm 5ft 11' and my other half is the same height as me and he loves going out with me when I have heels on and tower over him and I don't even think about it. 

I definatley agree with you.  It's a subconscious thing.  But I've seen a little guy hold his own against a big guy and I have to say, height doesn't really matter.

Written By: jackas on 03/18/05 at 9:41 am

Slutty, Skanky, Bottom Feeding, Trashbag Ho Types

LOL ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/18/05 at 10:15 am

I love tall men with long, thin legs. I'm not into over-muscular types. I'm not into blond men. They must have dark hair and eyes. Stong intellect is a must! If I can't have an intelligent conversation with you, move over. A good sense of humor is great. Patience is a virtue as I tend to do things that may come off too strong.

Wait a minute - I have that already in my hubby!

Tanya

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/18/05 at 10:34 am

As some of you already know, I am in the middle of reading my old journal that I wrote many, many years ago. My very first entry I wrote about my "Mr. Right", what I am looking for, etc. etc. The funny thing is, it really describes Carlos and I wrote that about year before I met him. So, what it is that I want in the opposite sex-Carlos.  ;D ;D ;D  (Can you tell that I really can't stand the guy.  ;))

Cat

Written By: maddog on 03/18/05 at 10:46 am

I guess we all have a preferred "type". Personally I've always been attracted to brunettes with long hair.
I've never met a man yet who claims to prefer skinny women, e.g. of the build of catwalk models, and I'm no different.
I think it's got something to do with looking for a mate of child bearing potential.

I always think of Catherine Zeta Jones as a copybook example of the sort of woman I'm attracted to but for some reason I find her very beautiful but not very sexy  :-\\.  Teri Hatcher on the other hand....I had to stifle an involuntary moan when I saw her on TV the other night  :o.

P.S. I'm happily married to my beautiful brunette wife...I'm using those examples above as none of you know my wife!

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/18/05 at 2:51 pm

Having said that when you find the right person it doesn't matter one bit, and if someone is shallow enough to think it does then it's their loss ! I'm 5ft 11' and my other half is the same height as me and he loves going out with me when I have heels on and tower over him and I don't even think about it.

Yeah, I see wht you are saying. I was just feeling insecure because the gal I have my hopes for is two tinches taller than me.

But today, we were both nominated for Prom King and Queen, which makes me feel sooo much more confident. First thing Monday after springbreak, I'm asking her out. Our height difference is only a barrier if I see it that way.

Today proved to me that all of your wildest dreams can come true.

Written By: jackas on 03/18/05 at 2:51 pm

Teri Hatcher on the other hand....I had to stifle an involuntary moan when I saw her on TV the other night  :o.

P.S. I'm happily married to my beautiful brunette wife...I'm using those examples above as none of you know my wife!

You shouldn't have to stifle that moan, you're married not dead. ;) :)  But then to some people (I'm not saying you maddog) marriage is death. ;D

Written By: jackas on 03/18/05 at 2:53 pm

Yeah, I see wht you are saying. I was just feeling insecure because the gal I have my hopes for is two tinches taller than me.

But today, we were both nominated for Prom King and Queen, which makes me feel sooo much more confident. First thing Monday after springbreak, I'm asking her out. Our height difference is only a barrier if I see it that way.

Today proved to me that all of your wildest dreams can come true.

Good for you! :D

Written By: ADH13 on 03/18/05 at 2:57 pm

I don't think two inches is a big deal... (GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!)

I am 5'10" and I don't mind a man being a couple inches shorter than me, as long as I don't have to look down to talk to them or kiss them, and as long as I can hug them without it being awkward.  If a the top of a man's head came up to my chin, I might be a little uncomfortable...

Written By: Apricot on 03/18/05 at 2:58 pm

I guess it's the face and eyes for me, really. A nice body is always a plus, but...

But then, the kind of person she is makes her much more attractive {or unattractive} in most aspects.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/18/05 at 3:05 pm

i yearn for a tall woman but myself being 6'3" it's very hard to find that elusive valkyrie...

Written By: jackas on 03/18/05 at 3:11 pm

i yearn for a tall woman but myself being 6'3" it's very hard to find that elusive valkyrie...

I've seen women that tall, it's a little odd and not very attractive. :-\\  I think 6 feet is as tall as a woman can get before it is awkward.  It's kind of like when a man is 7 feet tall, they aren't really attrative at that size.  I think 6' 7" is my limit on a man's height.

Written By: jiminy on 03/18/05 at 3:19 pm

Q: What's the problem with tall woman?
A: When you are nose to nose, your toes are in it and
    When you are toes to toes, your nose is in it.  :D

Written By: Apricot on 03/18/05 at 3:20 pm

Eww...

Written By: jiminy on 03/18/05 at 3:25 pm

This should excite you  ;)

Written By: Miss Tainted on 03/18/05 at 3:54 pm

I have to say I love men with pretty eyes and pretty smiles and he has to be atleast 2-3 inches taller than me!  :)

Written By: Howard on 03/18/05 at 4:13 pm

legs
long hair
big butt
bosoms

;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/18/05 at 4:13 pm

I have to say I love men with pretty eyes and pretty smiles and he has to be atleast 2-3 inches taller than me!  :)

Here I am. ;D

Howard

Written By: jackas on 03/18/05 at 4:25 pm

legs
long hair
big butt
bosoms

;D

Howard

Sounds like you are looking for the full package ;) ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/18/05 at 4:33 pm

Nah he already found me, He's lowering his standards a bit now  ::)

Written By: Bobby on 03/18/05 at 4:33 pm

I'd love to be able to sing..

"I love to love em, I love to shove em, I love to kiss em & i love to kick em.. I'm an a** man!"

That would be amazing to hear you sing the entrance music to Billy Gunn. I can't stop laughing even thinking about it.  ;D

Written By: Miss Tainted on 03/18/05 at 4:34 pm

Here I am. ;D

Howard

Awww. Howard I would glady take you but I'm afraid I'm too young.  :)

Written By: jackas on 03/18/05 at 4:35 pm

Nah he already found me, He's lowering his standards a bit now  ::)

;D ;D

Written By: jiminy on 03/18/05 at 4:35 pm

legs
long hair
big butt
bosoms

;D

Howard
I better watch my weight   ;D ;D ;D

Written By: jackas on 03/18/05 at 4:37 pm

And you should cancel that appointment for the implants. ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/18/05 at 5:03 pm

Awww. Howard I would glady take you but I'm afraid I'm too young.  :)

so you don't take older men? ;)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/18/05 at 5:04 pm

yes you should.

Howard

Written By: Miss Tainted on 03/18/05 at 5:26 pm

so you don't take older men? ;)

Howard

;D

Written By: Howard on 03/18/05 at 5:28 pm

;D

why not? the older the bolder ;)

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/18/05 at 5:29 pm

And you should cancel that appointment for the implants. ;)

it wasn't breast implants I had on my mind   ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/18/05 at 5:30 pm

why not? the older the bolder ;)

should that not be the older the balder?

Written By: Howard on 03/18/05 at 5:30 pm

I may be thinning but I'm not bald ;D

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 03/18/05 at 5:31 pm

not Lex Lugar, the total package? ???

Written By: Bobby on 03/18/05 at 5:31 pm

Ha ha! Good one.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 03/18/05 at 5:33 pm

not Lex Lugar, the total package? ???

I would take Howard if I was remotely given the choice.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/18/05 at 5:34 pm

I would take Howard if I was remotely given the choice.  ;D

believe me,I'm no total package

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 03/18/05 at 5:36 pm

believe me,I'm no total package

Compared to Lex you are. I remember him in late WCW when they did 99% or whatever it is muscle mass thing and he looked sick.  :P

Written By: Howard on 03/18/05 at 5:56 pm

Compared to Lex you are. I remember him in late WCW when they did 99% or whatever it is muscle mass thing and he looked sick.  :P

100% flab ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 03/18/05 at 5:58 pm

100% flab ;D

I reckon he is now. I don't like him for that Elizabeth thing though I still don't know the outcome to that.  :(

Written By: jiminy on 03/18/05 at 5:59 pm

the topic is called "the opposite sex" where do hermaphrodites fit in? ???

Written By: Howard on 03/18/05 at 5:59 pm

I reckon he is now. I don't like him for that Elizabeth thing though I still don't know the outcome to that.  :(

we'll never know

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 03/18/05 at 6:00 pm

the topic is called "the opposite sex" where do hermaphrodites fit in? ???

I reckon they would have a difficult time going to public toilets.

Check for new replies or respond here...