inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your Life This Month 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 Years Ago

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/21/05 at 8:46 am

The 20-30 option is for those of us old enough to remember and courageuous enough to admit being around then ;)

March-1975  I was living here in Colorado Springs and was 15. I was on the track team at school and remember it was the first time my parents let my hair actually get long enough to even touch my ears...I became quite popular! I went to visit my brother in Omaha and we watched some of the NCAA basketball tournament. I was also listening to the Denver Nuggets of the then ABA as the playoffs were in full swing.

1980-  I was working at a local junkyard stripping cars....not a lot going on at this point in my life :-\\  I had also just purchased an Austarlian import LP "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" by AC/DC as Bon Scott had passed away a month or so before. The version released in the US had shortened the original version of the song but the Import had it all :)

1985-  I had  moved to into a house in between Mesa and Apache Junction, Arizona...found my ex-girlfriend whom I'd met in Utah in 1982 and hadn't seen since that year. I worked at a place called "The Corn Patch Restaraunt" and did a little bit of everything, taking orders, cooking, washing dishes and buying food....

1990- Now I lived in Colorado Springs again, with my wife and 5 boys. Richard had just turned 8, Blaine was 6, Paul 4, Randall 4 and Brian was 2. A very good family friend, Dawn had moved in with us after graduating high school and her mom throwing her out. I played my last year of league basketball and we wound up winning the city title. My best friend Randy, whom I'd known since '77 was a teamate.

1995- I purchased a  1968 Baja Bug and had a blast driving around with my boys. Not much else was going on at the time.

2000- My wife Ella was still living in an apartment, contemplating moving back in, (She had left me and the boys the previous October), meanwhile I worked for a cellphone company and had a job with the Fraternal Order of Police..picking up donations around town. Blaine,  who had moved from Ella's to his best friend Jacks house in January, moved back into the house with me and the rest of his brothers. He worked at Wendy's.

Subject: Re: Your Life This Month 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 Years Ago

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/21/05 at 8:57 am

March 1980 - I was at the tail end of Kindergarten - learning my ABC's and watching The Electric Company, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, and Sesame Street!

March 1985 - I was in the tail end of third grade at St. Columba - Corpus Christi Catholic School - learning my reading, 'riting, and 'rithmetic in my pigtails!

March 1990 - I was at the tail end of my 8th grade year, preparing for High School and awaiting freedom!

March 1995 - I was a Freshman in college enjoying my first Spring Break! What happens in St. Padre Island, TX, stays in St. Padre Island TX!

March 2000 - I was working as a substitute teacher in Philadelphia and taking care of my (then) 2 year old son!

There ya go, Mark! My 30th year doesn't occur until next year!

Tanya

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/21/05 at 8:58 am

Well....I can "almost" qualify for this post...I am gonna try it anyways...

1975...I wasn't even born yet....but my parents had been trying to have a baby for years. My mom was told that she wouldn't be able to have children..so they put their names on an adoption list for a Vietnamese baby....just when they were about ready to become parents to a child from another country...my mom proved the doctor wrong and got pregnant with me in 1977!!! (and had 2 more daughters to boot!).

1980...I was three years old...living in Greensburg, Pa....we found out that my mom was pregnant with another child and my sister Brandy was born in 1981.

1985...I was 8 years old and was in 2nd grade at a Catholic school called St. Bruno's. I was involved in the Brownies (girl scouts) and my mother was a Brownie leader for awhile. We still resided in Greensburg area.

1990...I was 13 years old and in 7th grade at Greensburg Salem Middle School. I was currently obsessed with New Kids on the Block...and by this time..my mom had her 3rd daughter...my sister Bethany was born in 1987. We still lived in Greensburg area.

1995....This was the year that I graduated from high school (Greensburg Salem H.S.). I was involved in choir/honors travel choir/theater at school and to this day I still love that kind of stuff.

2000...This was the year that I made the mistake of marrying my first husband...he turned out to be not a nice guy. It was a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception....everything was great....except of course...the groom.

2005...I am now remarried to a guy named Chris...we have our moments...but he treats me well. We have custody of my nephew Vaughn and we raise him as our own....he makes everyday a memorable one!

I hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane!

Erin :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/21/05 at 10:07 am

1975-I was living in Waste..er...I mean West Haven, CT. I absolutely hated it. I was in jr. high.

1980-I was in high school in New York state. The funny thing was, at first I was going to a school that didn't have a very good reputation (Beacon High) but I moved and started going to what was supposed to be a better school (Kingston High) but I enjoyed Beacon High so much better. Had a lot of fun there and was sorry that I moved-and that was in my senior year too.  :(

1985-By that time, I was in the Air Force and married to the wrong guy. At first I hated my job (telecommunications) but in 1985, I retrained into Training Management which I really loved. The best job in the AF. I was stationed in San Antonio, TX (another place I hated).

1990-I had just got out of the AF a year before and I just moved to Vermont. I was no longer married but started living with a guy. At the time I really wasn't doing much, just trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life.

1995-I was back in school. I got rid of the guy I was living with and by 1995 I was already dating Carlos for about a year. I did my student teaching and was working on my History Honors' thesis that year. I was one year away from graduation.

2000-I think I had already withdrew from graduate school because I was so burnt out. I was living with Carlos. I was volunteering at the local food shelf and joined the board of directors for the organization. I think that was the year I made the film about the organization. I wrote, directed, and produced it. Carlos was my cameraman, and one of my best friends was my narrator. It was also the year we took my first trip to Puerto Rico. That was also the year we bought the "Big Dog" (25 foot sailboat) and sold the little one.

2005-Carlos and I are happily married. I quit the organization last year and now I am trying to figure out which direction I want to go in. I want to get my children's book published, and I am thinking that it may be time to go back to school and finish up my masters. And Carlos is looking forward to retiring in May. And I have been hanging out at Inthe00s A LOT  ;D

Ok, that is short version of the story of my life.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/21/05 at 11:16 am

March 1980 - I was at the tail end of Kindergarten - learning my ABC's and watching The Electric Company, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, and Sesame Street!

March 1985 - I was in the tail end of third grade at St. Columba - Corpus Christi Catholic School - learning my reading, 'riting, and 'rithmetic in my pigtails!

March 1990 - I was at the tail end of my 8th grade year, preparing for High School and awaiting freedom!

March 1995 - I was a Freshman in college enjoying my first Spring Break! What happens in St. Padre Island, TX, stays in St. Padre Island TX!

March 2000 - I was working as a substitute teacher in Philadelphia and taking care of my (then) 2 year old son!

There ya go, Mark! My 30th year doesn't occur until next year!

Tanya

Thanks...I look forward to next month, Tanya :)

Written By: whitewolf on 03/21/05 at 11:55 am

1975-I was 5 years old, living on a farm. I remember it being alot of fun.

1980- I was 10 and we moved to a new house, our own house (mom still lives there) started a new school.

1985- First year of high school, had big hair, that was close to being the best year ever for me, had a blast  :)

1990- graduated high school, started college, was in a car accident and lost the use of my right leg for awhile (aside from that it was a good year)

1995-was the worst year of my life, we found out dad had cancer and he was gone before the year ended.  :\'(
nothing has been the same since.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/21/05 at 12:16 pm

March 1975 - My family was living in California.  Four months later we moved to a remote Pacific island (Guam).

March 1980 - I was in 8th grade and frequenting the local skating rink with my friends.

March 1985 - I'd just quit my job at a bookstore.  Also, I bought myself my first stereo that same month!  8)

March 1990 - I was working as a waitress at an Italian restaurant and getting close to getting my college degree (which would happen 2 months later)!

March 1995 - I'd been living in Hawaii for almost a year, and I'd just gotten a job as a visual merchandiser for a high-end retail company.

March 2000 - I found out that I was pregnant with my son!  :)

March 2005 - Working on plans to add onto my house.

Written By: jaytee on 03/21/05 at 4:54 pm

1975  Still at school Year 11 - wasn't a great year - my first huge bout of depression.

1980  Working for a Solicitor.  Had met Paul in 1979 and was having a wonderful time.  Bought a house and lived by myself which was great.

1985  Had just lost my sister to cancer the previous month. :\'(   Had been married for 10 months.  Working as a Secretary for two great bosses in a Shipping and Salvage Company.  Sold house and bought a fantastic renovater which we had huge plans for.

1990  Had first child and one on the way.  Sold house and moved (which we should never have done).  Working one day a week at old job.

1995  Had two daughters (one at school and one at Pre-school) and a two year old son.  Moved again - back to the area we had moved from in 1990.  Mourning the loss of a very close friend.

2000  Had two daughters and 2 sons.  Some renovations started on our house with extensive plans being made for 2001.  Husband had changed jobs.

2005  Two teenage daughters at highschool and the boys still at primary.  Getting ready to go on holiday next week.  Now have only my Mum, Dad having died in November 2003. :\'(

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/21/05 at 5:00 pm

Now (March 2005)- Nearly 18 and in 12th grade. Living in Parma (since early Nov. 2000). Spend a lot more time on the computer, lol. I finally took the darn test and got my driver's license.

5 years ago (March 2000)- I was almost 13 and in 7th grade. We were living on the west side of the city (Cleveland). I would frequent the park near my house and hang out there.

10 years ago (March 1995)- I was almost 8 and in 2nd grade. I was preparing to make my first communion. We were living in another house in Cleveland, in the same neighborhood. This was around the time I used the internet for the first time and sent my first email.

15 years ago (March 1990)- I was nearly 3. We had just moved into the house I was living in, in 1995 (until June 1996), a few months back. Most of my time was spent playing with my stuffed animals, and playing with various toys.

Written By: nally on 03/21/05 at 5:12 pm

Ooh...this is gonna be a fun topic.

In March of 2000, I was in my second year of college. Among the classes I was taking was a course in Visual Basic, which I had fun with. Also, I was becoming really good at Ms. Pac-Man. At home, we were preparing to put our mobile home up for sale.

In March of 1995, I was a freshman in high school. Near the beginning of the month I met this girl (who I later found out was a senior at the time) who was real nice. On the day we met, she came running up to me and asked me if she could borrow my umbrella...but I ended up talking her out of it.

In March of 1990, I was in fourth grade. Things weren't going too well for me; kids were driving me crazy and my teacher was a pain in the donkey. On a positive note, I was in Cub Scouts, and we had weekly meetings on Thursday nights.

In March of 1985, I was in preschool, and don't remember too much about my life then.

March 1980: I was not yet born!

Written By: ADH13 on 03/21/05 at 5:38 pm

March 1975: I was 3 years old and I knew how to read & spell some already.  I guess I was a practical joker even then, my mom said I got a pkg of Quaker Oats and dropped little handfuls all over the living room carpet.  She thought it was the texture stuff from the ceiling at first.

March 1980: I was in 2nd grade, and me & my friend would shovel snow for our neighbors to make a few bucks.  I got a pair of tap shoes that year, and a speak n spell.  I wore satin jackets with glitter, designer jeans and underoos.

March 1985: We got our first computer, an atari 800xl, and I started to learn how to program in Basic.  I also first learned how to get online.  I wore Guess jeans and 501's, and Ocean Pacific/Mossimo "skater" t-shirts.  Oh yeah, and Nike's.

March 1990: I turned 18.  I had already been living on my own for about 6 months and had dropped out of high school so I could work full time.  I had to lie about my age because there were laws keeping me (a minor) from working late hours...so finally I didn't have to lie anymore. I was working for a plumbing company is a dispatcher during the day, and at a movie theater at night. 

March 1995: Not too eventful, just enjoying being 21+.  Lots of drinking, Reno trips, etc.  Was single and having a good time.

March 2000: Had been married for 10 months, my hubby was involved in a truck accident in January 2000 which left him unable to walk on his own for about 6 months.. so in March, most of my time was spent working and waiting on him.

March 2005: Turned 33 and am taking my state exam for my real estate license in 2 days! So I have spent this month studying, and visiting "inthe00's" during my study breaks.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/21/05 at 5:45 pm

Now (March 2005)- Nearly 18 and in 12th grade. Living in Parma (since early Nov. 2000). Spend a lot more time on the computer, lol. I finally took the darn test and got my driver's license.

My ex-husband was from Parma.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/21/05 at 10:27 pm

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  I hope all of you...and more, come back next month ;)

Written By: Bobby on 03/22/05 at 4:21 am

March 1980: A little tot playing toys on a crocheted rug in Goodyear Avenue, Wolverhampton (I think anyway  ;D).

March 1985: I went to Whitgreave Infants School (it was my last year), rode on my bike with mates, got up to lots of hijinks and had a great time. I think this was just before my mum and dad seperated and I had to go with my mum for a while.

March 1990: This was my last year of Whitgreave Juniors School. It was chaotic as we had moved house twice in as many years but I was young enough not to understand the behind the scenes arguments. Probably the last year I kept my ties with a lot of friends so it was quite a poignant one. This was just before my mum and dad divorced a second time (I still can't fathom that  ;D).

March 1995: Oddly enough, last year of Northicote High School. So much had changed in five years. My mum and dad was divorced. My dad found himself a wife within 4 months (?) and she gave birth to a daughter that wasn't his. I was having major problems with my dad at this point and was very aware he didn't want me in the house.

March 2000: A year later, I was kicked out of house and moved to live with my mum. After 4 years of hell, we come to March 2000. I was living with a flatmate and I was still unemployed. I was recovering from getting made redundant in my previous job. I had no confidence to get a decent job so I worked part time in a woman's store - God! I hated it.  >:( I lost that job after a month. Fortunately, I was just relieved. ::)

March 2005: Life has never been more kind to me. I have a decent (if boring job), a lovely woman and a family. A normal family life was all I wanted. I've got it now. I'm trying to find some ambition at the moment. It will come to me eventually.  :)

Written By: jaytee on 03/22/05 at 5:27 am

March 2005: Life has never been more kind to me. I have a decent (if boring job), a lovely woman and a family. A normal family life was all I wanted. I've got it now. I'm trying to find some ambition at the moment. It will come to me eventually.  :)

Good for you Bobby.  After such a turbulent upbringing you deserve only good things. :)

Written By: Bobby on 03/22/05 at 6:30 am

Good for you Bobby.  After such a turbulent upbringing you deserve only good things. :)

Thank you very much, Jaytee. I do wish I could have had the normal growing up memories that other people have but your experiences are what shape you.  :)

That's why I've put off doing this thread until now.  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/22/05 at 7:57 am

Thank you very much, Jaytee. I do wish I could have had the normal growing up memories that other people have but your experiences are what shape you.  :)

That's why I've put off doing this thread until now.  ;D
I appreciate you taking the time and sharing with us, Rob. My intention was not to hurt anyone, I apologize.

Written By: Jessica on 03/22/05 at 11:31 am

March 2000: I was in college, studying Japanese. I wanted to become a translator and I was absolutely fascinated with Japanese culture (still am).

March 1995: Freshman year of high school. I was finally figuring out who I was and who I wanted to be friends with. I also discovered that I had a massive crush on my neighbor. He felt the same about me, but his mom didn't like me (what the hell is it with moms not liking me? ???), so he respected her wishes and went out with some flaky girl I still can't stand to this day. :D

March 1990: Living with the reality that my grandfather was slowly dying. He needed a new liver because he had a weird iron deficiency problem. That summer, we took the last camping trip together as a family. He was so sick, but kept on for the sake of his children and grandchildren. :(

March 1985: Was preparing for school in the fall. Because of my birthdate and the way the school system was set up, I couldn't start earlier, even though I was (and still am) quite brilliant. ;D

March 1980: Probably laying in my crib, doing whatever babies do. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/22/05 at 5:26 pm

March 2000: I was in college, studying Japanese. I wanted to become a translator and I was absolutely fascinated with Japanese culture (still am).

March 1995: Freshman year of high school. I was finally figuring out who I was and who I wanted to be friends with. I also discovered that I had a massive crush on my neighbor. He felt the same about me, but his mom didn't like me (what the hell is it with moms not liking me? ???), so he respected her wishes and went out with some flaky girl I still can't stand to this day. :D

March 1990: Living with the reality that my grandfather was slowly dying. He needed a new liver because he had a weird iron deficiency problem. That summer, we took the last camping trip together as a family. He was so sick, but kept on for the sake of his children and grandchildren. :(

March 1985: Was preparing for school in the fall. Because of my birthdate and the way the school system was set up, I couldn't start earlier, even though I was (and still am) quite brilliant. ;D

March 1980: Probably laying in my crib, doing whatever babies do. :)
Thanks for sharing, Jess :)

Written By: Bobby on 03/22/05 at 5:28 pm

I appreciate you taking the time and sharing with us, Rob. My intention was not to hurt anyone, I apologize.

Absolutely no reason to apologise, Mark as you haven't hurt me at all. My parents did that on their own.  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/05/05 at 6:09 pm

April 1975 - I was watching/listening to the ABA Playoffs as the Denver Nuggets defeated the Utah Stars in 6 games before starting a series with the Indiana Pacers later in the month.  1975 Western Division Semifinals:
Denver Nuggets (65-19) vs. Utah Stars (38-46)
April 6 At Denver 122, Utah 107
April 7 At Denver 126, Utah 120
April 9 At Utah 122, Denver 108
April 11 At Utah 132, Denver 110
April 12 At Denver 130, Utah 119
April 14 Denver 115, at Utah 113
Nuggets won series, 4-2

1980 - I lived with my sister in the Denver suburb of Aurora.

1985 - I was living in Mesa/Apache Junction, Arizona working at the restaraunt still.              I baked a birthday cake for my girlfriend Ella on the 23rd (her 21st birthday) and proposed that night. She accepted and we were married the very next day.

1990 - Me and my family lived here in Colorado Springs and I was playing basketball for a local church. We won the city championship and I retired from the game....for a while.

1995 - I bought my first Baja Bug and enjoyed cruising around town with my boys. It had a sun roof which made us all really happy. On the 26th...it was actually a good day...we sat around the television and watched The Colorado Rockies official Coors Field Home Opener. The Rockies blew a 5-0 lead but came back to tie The Mets twice before Dante Bichette hit a 2 run home run in the bottom of the 14th inning to give The Rockies the victory.

2000 - My wife Ella moved back into the house with me and the boys, giving up the apartment she'd had for the past 6 months. She continued working nights at Wal-mart while I worked at Goodwill and Blaine was working at Wendy's.

Written By: nally on 04/05/05 at 6:18 pm

April 2000...I was in my second year of college, enjoying my Visual Basic class, and my biology class to some extent (there were some friendly girls in that class), struggling a bit in my English class...and I was becoming really good at Ms. Pac-Man. At home we began packing stuff up in preparation to sell the mobile home.

April 1995...I was a freshman in high school, and I found out that this friend of mine was a senior, which disappointed me because I knew she'd be graduating in a couple months and I didn't know if we would keep in touch. (We later ended up not keeping in touch.) She invited me to come eat lunch with her in the Poetry Club during lunchtime. On Sunday the 9th, my dad had to cover a special event (on his birthday :)) at the cathedral in downtown L.A. (which no longer exists) that President Bill Clinton and family attended. We both saw him.

April 1990...In fourth grade, things weren't going well for me overall at school (although I kinda had a crush on a then-second grader). On Saturday the 21st my parents and I went to a Dodger game (in which the Astros beat 'em 6-3), I bought a Dodger jacket. Also, on Tuesdays, my mom was having physical therapy done on her right wrist, which had been injured four months earlier in a roller skating accident. She would pick me up from school on Tuesdays, take me back to her office, and then we would leave at 3:30 from there and go down to Encino, where she had her physical therapy.

April 1985...I was in preschool. The only thing I remember well about that month was our Dusty dog running away on Saturday the 6th. We found her, though.

April 1980: not yet born!

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/05/05 at 6:30 pm

April 1990 - I was just a toddler and I don't really remember anything, but I know that we were getting ready to move from the city I was born in(Dallas, Texas).

April 1995 - Lived in a house in Tyler, Texas. My brother got engaged and moved out for the last time. I was in the 1st grade.

April 2000 - I was in the 6th grade. My brother had been divorced from his first wife, and was already re-married. I lived in a different house in the same town.

April 2005 - I am a Senior in High School and preparing to graduate in May. My brother is still happily married. My parents are divorced, and my father is in Federal prison. I may or may not be(we'll see) starting a relationship, for the first time.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/05/05 at 8:50 pm

April 1980: not yet born!
STILL not born yet, Jeff ??? ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/05/05 at 8:52 pm

April 1990 - I was just a toddler and I don't really remember anything, but I know that we were getting ready to move from the city I was born in(Dallas, Texas).

April 1995 - Lived in a house in Tyler, Texas. My brother got engaged and moved out for the last time. I was in the 1st grade.

April 2000 - I was in the 6th grade. My brother had been divorced from his first wife, and was already re-married. I lived in a different house in the same town.

April 2005 - I am a Senior in High School and preparing to graduate in May. My brother is still happily married. My parents are divorced, and my father is in Federal prison. I may or may not be(we'll see) starting a relationship, for the first time.
Hey Alex, congratualations on the upcoming graduation ;)

Written By: nally on 04/05/05 at 9:10 pm

STILL not born yet, Jeff ??? ;)

not for three more months...

In July I will be able to write something for "25 years ago." :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/05/05 at 11:24 pm

not for three more months...

In July I will be able to write something for "25 years ago." :)
Cool :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/05/05 at 11:24 pm

Hey Alex, congratualations on the upcoming graduation ;)

Thank you, Mark. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/06/05 at 10:18 am

Thank you, Mark. :)
No problem, Alex :)

Written By: karen on 04/06/05 at 10:18 am

April 1975 I was in my first year of primary school.  just doing the usual school stuff I guess

April 1980 I was in the last year of primary school (I think).  I was in the Brownies and was probably a sixer by now.  I had just started having flute lessons.

April 1985 I was in my last year of secondary school and would be studying for my exams next month.  Generally a pretty mixed up teen and not having many real friends at this stage.

April 1990 I was working in the Physics department at this university.  I had been going out with Dai for about 10 months at this stage.  We were both studying for our uni exams, he for his finals, me for my first year retakes I think.  This is about the time I became an Akela in my local Cub Pack

April 1995 I have been married for nearly three years now (September 1992).  I was still working in the Physics department, but now had additional work in a research group and was co-author on one or two papers.

April 2000 I am now working in the Human Sciences department at the university and am a mum of an 17 month-old daughter.  We are looking at moving house (and do so in August).  I am now Assistant District Commisioner (Cubs).

April 2005  Still working in Human Sciences.  Still married to Dai and now the mum of one girl (age 6) and one boy (age 3).  Deputy District Commisioner for the scout district.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/08/05 at 9:15 pm

15 years ago: I was almost 3 months old in April 1990
10 years ago: Moved from Sunnyvale to Concord, CA.  Knew how to use a computer
5 years ago: 2000, I lived in Montana. Was into Limp Bizkit, Blink 182, P.O.D, and Offspring then.
Today: Live in Oregon, am about to move out to the country.  The past few weeks have really sucked.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/08/05 at 9:21 pm

2000: In the second year of high school.
1995: Moved house. Starting to grow from a child into a young preteen (The horror  :o)
1990: Just started school... no wait, that was August. Eagerly awaiting the start of school  :)
1985: I was a mere fetus trapped inside a womb, waiting to escape 4 months later  :D

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/09/05 at 12:23 am

April 23 1995

My best and friend an I were celebrating another's 13th birthday in her then new apartment.
I only remember this day because we discovered the joy of dyeing our food (with safe food coloring).
Yellow mashed potoatoes, green onion rings, purple fried chicken, blue pasta salad...ahhh, those were the days :)

Written By: jiminy on 04/09/05 at 12:27 am

1985: I was a mere fetus trapped inside a womb, waiting to escape 4 months later  :D

Lois, that retched woman, will pay and victory shall be mine!

Written By: bjmolen on 04/09/05 at 1:37 am

1980:  Nothing but a twinkle in my parent's eyes.  I was conceived 1 month later, when Mount St. Helens erupted and most of the NW U.S. was forced to stay indoors
          for a week.  Born 9 months after that, amidst a Missoula, Montana baby boom on Friday the 13th of February.  (Already, this story doesn't bode well.)

1985:  4 years old, had a two year old sister.  Now living in Cut Bank, Montana (holds the worlds record for most drastic temperature change in a 24 hour period) have
          already lived in about 5 different places around the state by this point, but only remember a couple of them.  Dad worked for the Railroad, mom was preparing to
          Home School me in the fall.  (I could already read and write, but hadn't had any formal schooling, lesson plans, text books, etc. up to this point).

1990:  We now lived in Havre, Montana, I was 9 years old and in fourth grade (still Home Schooled).  I had 3 years of piano lessons including my first music festival trophy
          under my belt, 2 youth soccer trophies, and was spending most of my idle time practicing shooting my BB gun in the fields around our house.  Was getting pretty
          good too, able to kill grasshoppers and bumblebees from over 30 feet away.

1995:  Now living at the other end of town, I had attended a small town public school in 7th grade, was returned to Home Schooling for 8th and now 9th grades.  I had a
          brown belt in karate, stopping just short of black belt because my instructor had a massive heart attack, and I just never went back after he recovered.  I had
          won the county spelling bee in 8th grade, and got 9th place at the state level, before succumbing to nerves and accidentally doubling the "r" in "parable".  Decided
          then and there that I didn't care for being nervous, and decided never to be nervous in front of people any more. 

I had worked mowing lawns for $3 an hour the summer before and decided to try for something better this year.  I started working in late April for a local 
          farmer/insurance broker doing farm work.  Learned to drive a grain truck, a tractor, a 1947 International pick-up, but mostly I became all to familiar with the user's 
          end of a garden hoe and a paint brush.  Rather than paying me in cash, at the end of the summer, he paid me with a 1953 Chevy 5-window pickup.  It didn't (and
          still doesn't) run, because I haven't ever had a garage to work on it.

I was still in piano, and had a few more festival trophies, but by this point, my sister's flair for the artistic was becoming blindingly apparent, and as her star was
          taking off in that regard, I was becoming more interested in the writing of, rather than the performance of piano music. 

As far as my hunting/shooting was concerned, I had become somewhat of a marksman over the years.  I had by this point killed 2 elk, 2 antelope, countless
          pheasants/doves/grouse, and far too many gophers and rabbits to count.  My grandfather was so proud of my shooting abilities, he often took me out shooting
          with his friends to show me off.  I didn't realize that's what he was doing at the time, but now I can see that's why we went so often.

2000:  Had started college the previous fall, after attending public high school for the last 3 years.  My sister, who had graduated H.S. early, (in essence, she was on par
          with me most of my life, even with my 2 year head start) and was engaged to a classmate/close friend of mine, was killed in a car accident on her way to work one
          day in October.  A month later, her fiance commited suicide.  Needless to say, I was in no condition to finish out that semester, or year, in college.  I spent much of
          the winter avoiding the pain of home by traveling around the state, pursuing my new passion of the previous 4 years, skiing. 

Today:  Today, after a few years moving around the mid-west, I have come back to Montana, and am now 3 semesters from acheiving my bachelors degree in Physics, 
          with special research in Relativity and Spectral Optics.  I have had a few minor relationships come and go, and have finally gotten around to having the typical
          college life.  In fact, my postings on inthe00's recently have been pleasantly breaking the monotony of my homework.

Written By: AngeliK on 04/09/05 at 10:53 am

wow ok... so April....

20 years ago (1985)...well I was floating about in the womb somewhere....to be born in november....
15 years ago (1990)...erm lets see I was 4 so I was probably in nursery, I was a very astute baby and I know I could read pretty well
                              by this point and stuff from what I've been told by family! I wanted to be a nurse I believe.
10 years ago (1995)...I was in year four of junior or middle school, I was best friends with Min and Jackie, Min moved to kent and me
                              and jackie became inseperable. I'd been to Florida in 1994 so was popular with all my friend lol! I was the first
                              to have been abroad at the time! and by now I wanted to be an actress!
5 years ago (2000)... I was 13 going through my major goth phase, all leather and lace and black lipstick, I was listening to 80's rock
                              and reading Stephen King novels and generally acting like I was THE only depressed teenager in the world!
                              I'd started writing lyrics a while before and now they were full of angst and of course I wanted to be a Rock
                              singer!
and now I am kinda out of the goth phase but not wholly, I want to be a lyricist but I'm aware its not really gonnna happen I've had three jobs, in a shop, in a bar, and waitressing...I don't really socialise anymore! and soooo much has happened in between 2000 and now that looking back I realise what an idiot I was playing the downer....especially looking at my real depression at the moment...I don't think I'd like me from back then if I met her now...I guess I was a bit of a loser!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/09/05 at 11:17 am

Thanks to everyone for sharing! I hope more of you decide to...and hope those who have already will keep coming back each month ;)

Written By: nally on 04/15/05 at 12:46 am

I've already shared my general life for April in each year, but there's something else I want to bring up for April 1995, specifically, this date (the 14th) of that year. (For the record, it was a Friday, more specifically, Good Friday.) I was in need of a new wrist watch (my old one conked out on me), so my mom took me to a department store to get one. I came across a digital watch that had an alarm, timer, and stopwatch on it, so I decided to get it. The sales associate had told me that the battery would last only two years, but get this----it's lasted TEN years now! I'm not joking...the same battery that was in that watch ten years ago today is still running. Is that amazing or what? :o

Written By: danootaandme on 05/01/05 at 3:53 pm

2000-working on the big dig, fixing up my house

1995-first year in construction, first time in a union, first time making good money and great benefits,
          bought my house.

1990-found my self pregnant and even though I hadn't any intentions of marrying my family was
          thrilled(finally a grandchild), If my father had been alive, as Catholic as he was, I think he would
          have been happy.

1985-My Grandmother died, followed soon after by my uncle, then my father.  My Gran was 90, and in a
          nursing home, it wasn't a surprise, but my uncle and father, different story.

1980-I'm sure something was going on.  Riding my motorcycle, working, and just having a good old
          time with life.

1975-Went to England, then hitchhiked(alone) to Paris, and back again.  Kicked around awhile and
          while at the Place de Concord(were they used to guillotine people), I was sitting around when
          a woman pulled up on a Triumph motorcycle, full set of leathers, and laughing.  She didn't say
          anything, we just looked at each other and started to laugh.  Decided the next thing I would do
          when I got back stateside would be to get a motorcycle, and that is what I did, and why I know why
          she was laughing.
1970-First year out of high school. Worked at different jobs, protested the war, got an education in
          life, and politics. Went to listen to rock n roll, jazz, blues, good stuff.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/05/05 at 7:53 pm

1975 - I remember listening to the ABA Championship as the Kentucky Colonels beat Indiana in 5 games. I was rooting for the Pacers Undecided

1975 ABA Championship:
Kentucky Colonels (58-26) vs. Indiana Pacers (45-39)
May 13 At Kentucky 120, Indiana 94
May 15 At Kentucky 95, Indiana 93
May 17 Kentucky 109, at Indiana 101
May 19 At Indiana 94, Kentucky 86
May 22 At Kentucky 110, Indiana 105
Colonels won Championship, 4-1

On May 30th at age 24, American Runner Steve Prefontaine died in a car crash in Oregon.

1980 - I took a job at the Broadmoor Hotel and ecided to use an english accent from the first day. I also worked at a restaraunt with my girlfriend Becky and remember being very happy.

1985 - Married for  a month, Ella and I learn that we're expecting another child Smiley

1990 - I was playing a lot of softball as the season had just begun. Me and my friend Randy played a lot of pool and drank a lot of beer Cheesy

1995 - I was 2 months into my job at Goodwill Industries, working with the handicapped.   

2000 - After being gone for 6 months, Ella moved back home with me and our boys. Blaine and Richard were working at Wendy's and Ella quit her night job at Wal-Mart after nearly 5 years.

2005 - Survived yet another April, thanks to all the wonderful people here that have cared about me ;) I also begin my new job tomorow as an assistant to Sherry at a local Classic Rock station :) No I'm not the dog she's messing with!

Written By: nally on 05/05/05 at 11:24 pm

5 years ago (May 2000): I was finishing my second year of college... I did quite well in my Visual Basic class; I had enjoyed it. In my English class I was working on a term paper about capital punishment; I had waited too long to start it...tisk tisk. :-\\ My final exams were during the middle of the month, since the semester had started in January, so during the second half of the month (May 18 onward), I had time off. At home, we still had nuisance neighbors.

10 years ago (May 1995): As a freshman in high school, I was enjoying my life. My friend who had invited me to eat lunch with her friends in the poetry club--Susie was her name--had already told me that she was a senior. I wanted to get her to come over to my house to see me, but she may have had her doubts.

15 years ago (May 1990): My mom was finished with physical therapy on the first of the month; she began to heal from her roller skating accident five months earlier. I was in fourth grade, not enjoying my school life...although I did look forward to Fridays.

20 years ago (May 1985): I'm pretty sure I was finishing preschool. While I have no clear recollections of any day of that month, I can be pretty sure that's what I was doing. My 60-year-old maternal grandfather had been diagnosed with cancer; he would only be alive for three more months. :\'(

25 years ago (May 1980): I was not yet born!

Written By: Climber on 05/06/05 at 1:14 am

I've already shared my general life for April in each year, but there's something else I want to bring up for April 1995, specifically, this date (the 14th) of that year. (For the record, it was a Friday, more specifically, Good Friday.) I was in need of a new wrist watch (my old one conked out on me), so my mom took me to a department store to get one. I came across a digital watch that had an alarm, timer, and stopwatch on it, so I decided to get it. The sales associate had told me that the battery would last only two years, but get this----it's lasted TEN years now! I'm not joking...the same battery that was in that watch ten years ago today is still running. Is that amazing or what? :o

That date will always stand out in my mind also, as it does every year!  ;)

Written By: Climber on 05/06/05 at 1:28 am

OK, here goes:

I turned 3 that year, had an older sister and brother, and in October, got another sister.  We lived in Minnesota.

Turned 7 that year.  I remember being really scared when Mt St Helens erupted; I thought the lava was going to flow all the way to Denver, where we lived at the time.  lol  We also moved back to Minnesota.

Turned 13, was in jr high, had my first boyfriend, volunteered at a hospital, did typical jr high stuff.

Turned 18, graduated, had a baby.  Basically turned my life upside down.  He's a great kid, though!  He's 14 now...

By this time I was married and had 2 kids.  We were trying to save for a house, working full time, with daycare, etc.  Hated doing laundry in our apartment building.  Had to deal with a person I called "the laundry b****".  Need I say more?

We were finally in our house!  YAY!  My own laundry room!  At the time, that was one of my favorite parts of the house.  Quickly got old though.  Now the only laundry b**** is me!  lol  I also had a new job by then.

We now have 3 kids and I'm not working outside the home for now.  I get to stay home with the baby.  I didn't really get to do that with my other 2.

That's the short version of my life so far...

Written By: Stompgal on 05/06/05 at 6:41 am

May 1995 - I had chickenpox
May 2000 - I went to a Steps concert on my 13th birthday

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/06/05 at 10:45 am

2005: Sixth form's rubbish, i'm up to my eyeballs in coursework, the teachers all hate me, but I have a job that I enjoy and other than sixth form, everything's going great!

2000: Went up to the caravan park with my nana almost every weekend, and sometimes for up to 2/3 weeks during the summer hols. Man, I miss those days  :\'( School - I would've been in my second half of year 7 and just starting year 8. nothing special. liked it a lot more in the first few weeks. Pokemon was all the rage. EMBARASSING CONFESSIONS TIME: I had the cards and the Game Boy games as well.  :-[

1995: Can't remember too much about 95 other than I used to play on my Sega Mega Drive a lot, more specifically the Sonic The Hedgehog games. I loved those games, you can't beat the classics!

1990: Don't remember anything significant about 1990 (duh - i was only three), but I know it was before I moved from round the corner from my nan to where I live now. Didn't really like our old house - too small

there, ive spilled my guts. time for someone else to take center stage

Written By: nally on 05/06/05 at 1:13 pm

That date will always stand out in my mind also, as it does every year! ;)

Really?? Does it have some special significance to you? ;) ???

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/06/05 at 1:32 pm

5 Years ago: I was raising my two year old son and working for a living.

10 Years Ago: I was finishing my freshman year of college

15 Years Ago: I was graduating from the 8th grade and preparing for high school

20 Years Ago: I was a third grader enjoying my childhood

25 Years ago: I was four years old enjoying my childhood

30 Years ago: My mom was preparing for her August wedding to my father

Tanya

Written By: Climber on 05/06/05 at 5:17 pm

Really?? Does it have some special significance to you? ;) ???

That's the date I made my grand debut on this earth.  :D  ;)

Written By: nally on 05/06/05 at 6:18 pm

That's the date I made my grand debut on this earth.  :D  ;)

So it's your birthday then?? ;) :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 2:10 pm

It's nearing the end of May, so if anyone else would like to share thier history :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/25/05 at 3:39 pm

So many years ago for me now, I will struggle to remember them all.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/02/05 at 2:35 pm

Okay everyone, new month!  For me:

1975 - Me and my friends on the track team were still stunned from the news of Steve Prefontaines death at the end of May :\'( Later in the month I went to visit my brother in Omaha, Nebraska. We played lots of one on one basketball. A best of 7 series with games to 100...winning by 4. Some of those games went well over 100 :D My brothers wife was expecting thier first child in August. I remember listening to some favorite songs...The Hustle by Van McCoy and Listen To What The Man Said by Paul McCartney & Wings. 

1980 - I hung out most of the month with my friend Randy and my girlfriend Becky. Played a lot of softball and had a blast. I had a job at El Burrito Restaraunt and was paying off my very first car...a 1969 Mustang Coupe. Some music I remember listening to, Steal Away and Hot Rod Hearts by Robbie Dupree, Coming Up Paul McCartney & Wings,

1985 - I was newly married and living in Mesa/Apache Junction Arizona. Songs on thre radio at the time: The Heat Is On by Glenn Frey, Heaven by Bryan Adams and Sentimental Street by Night Ranger. I was still working at a Restaraunt that I'd been at since January, yet the owners, Renee and Sharon were considering closing it.

1990 - Ella was working at a restaraunt and I stayed home with my boys. Brian was not yet 2, Randall 3 and a half, Paul was 4 and a half, Blaine was 6 and a half and Rich was 8 and a half. I had my hands full but it was some of the best times I ever had raising them. We watched a LOT of Bugs Bunny cartoons as well as playing/watching sports. Late in the month a friend of mine introduced us to her friend Dawn who needed a place to stay asher mom had kicked her out after she graduated from high school. She was like a big sister to our boys and was wonderful to have in our lives. Randy and I were still friends and were playing lots of softball and pool. Songs around at the time:  It Must Have Been Love by Roxette, Cradle Of Love by Billy Idol and  I'll Be Your Shelter by Taylor Dayne

1995 - I was promoted to superviser at Goodwill Industries. I had my first Baja Bug, 1968, and the boys and I went four wheeling a lot. Not much else, it was a fun but lazy summer month. Songs around that I liked were Can't Stop Loving You by Van Halen and...well, I remember a lot of crap being out so I started to listen to my older stuff :D

2000 -  Not much to tell except that my family and I went down to Denver and had fun at Elitches...an amusement park, also Water World....Most songs were getting SO bad by then...but I found safe haven with some awesome 90's music by Alice In Chain, Nirvana, Collective Soul etc.

Written By: whitewolf on 06/02/05 at 2:54 pm

1975 - June of 75 we moved to a moved to a new house.

1980 - June of 80 we once again moved to a new house, this time it was our own instead of renting.

1985 - finished my last year of Jr. High.

1990 - high school graduation

1995 - not much in June of 95, just a family reunion

2000 - had recently started a new job

Written By: YWN on 06/02/05 at 4:36 pm

14 YEARS AND NINE MONTHS AGO:  I was conceived.  It was pretty unsettling and inconvenient at the time, but I learned to live with it.

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/02/05 at 4:59 pm

June 1990- Recently had moved into a new house, I'm sure we had some kind of family picnic down in the metroparks, all my aunts and uncles and even my grandpa would play baseball together, that doesn't happen anymore everybodys too old now complaining about their various pains, etc. I remember some stuff, but it's hard for me to say that it definitely occurred in June 1990, when you're 3 you don't pay attention to the month and year too much, lol.

June 1995- We went to visit my brother on vacation down in Phenix City, Alabama. Stopped at the infamous "Ruby Falls", (if you've ever been down south, you know they advertise it like every 10 miles). Overall it was a cool summer. Had dinner at some Japanese steakhouse, which I would probably like in 2005, but not when I was 8, so I went to a McDonalds after we were done there, lol.

June 2000- Went rafting in SW Pennsylvania, this was the last time I've been rafting, just haven't gotten to it since. Hung around the local park, basically didn't do all that much.

Written By: nally on 06/02/05 at 5:04 pm

Okay...here we go with June...

In June of 2000, we were making improvements on our mobile home to prepare it for selling; this included fixing the shower stall in my bathroom so I could take showers in there rather than go into my parents' room to take them. On Saturday the 17th, we went up to Fresno for a family reunion on my mom's mom's mom's side of the family. My parents rented a minivan so we could take my grandma, great-aunt, and great-uncle (six of us) up there. The following week, I received my very first jury summons in the mail; I had to call a certain phone number every night that week to see if my group was scheduled to report; my group was excused!

In June of 1995, I was finishing my freshman year of high school. My friend who was a senior--Susie--was going to graduate; she signed my yearbook on Wednesday the 21st; I would never see her again after that. :-[ That same day, we bought a printer for our computer; it would have been nice to have it a day earlier, since I had been up very late typing up a term paper on the typewriter.

June 1990 was my last month of 4th grade. I was so glad to finally finish up a lousy year with a pain-in-the-donkey teacher. Something not so pleasant that I can remember: on Thursday the 14th, we began making a kite from plastic straws and tissue paper; I thought it was going to be fun, but I made a mistake by accidentally gluing the tissue paper together where I shouldn't have, so I threw it in the trash. :-[ So the next day, the teacher kept me in at recess, asking me to take my stuff out of the trash. (It's kind of a long story; I'll wait a couple more weeks before I elaborate some more.) My mom had to go to Arizona for a few days (June 6 thru 9) for a retreat; I missed her being around. On Sunday the 24th we went to Knotts Berry Farm with my mom's cousin and his family.

June 1985: I don't remember a great deal about my life then, although I can be sure that I was finishing preschool, and my grandpa on my mom's side was getting ill.

June 1980: I was not yet born...although it was probably getting hard for my mom to move around.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/02/05 at 9:10 pm

Thanks to those who've replied so far...c'mon everyone, share :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/02/05 at 9:22 pm

2005: Rather boring month, studying etc. But still, life's what you make it I guess...

2000: Very much the same. June has been a rather average month.

1995: Being a kid.

1990: Getting ready to start school.  :D

1985: Starting to feel rather cramp inside the womb.  :P

Not alot happened I can remember. June has been a rather averange month.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/03/05 at 4:46 pm

2005: Rather boring month, studying etc. But still, life's what you make it I guess...

2000: Very much the same. June has been a rather average month.

1995: Being a kid.

1990: Getting ready to start school.  :D

1985: Starting to feel rather cramp inside the womb.  :P

Not alot happened I can remember. June has been a rather averange month.  :)

Thanks for sharing, GRS :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 7:08 pm

*Bump*

Written By: annamommynous on 06/13/05 at 7:26 pm

That's the date I made my grand debut on this earth.   :D  ;)

Happy World Debut Anniversary!!!

Written By: nally on 06/15/05 at 11:14 pm

June 1990 was my last month of 4th grade. I was so glad to finally finish up a lousy year with a pain-in-the-donkey teacher. Something not so pleasant that I can remember: on Thursday the 14th, we began making a kite from plastic straws and tissue paper; I thought it was going to be fun, but I made a mistake by accidentally gluing the tissue paper together where I shouldn't have, so I threw it in the trash. :-day of the school year was the following Thursday, the 21st).

Written By: maddog on 06/16/05 at 6:54 am

Reading this thread, it occurred to me that this month is the anniversary of some significant milestones in my life, so here goes.

30 years ago - June 1975
I don't remember much, I would have been at the end of my first year at secondary school (7th grade in the USA I think). It was an all boys grammar school where we played rugby (which I loved and still do) and had all sorts of inter-house sports competitions. Summer 1975 I went on holiday with my Mum, Dad, brother and sister - camping in Brittany, France. It was a great holiday.

25 years ago - June 1980
I was doing my A-levels (did them a year earlier than most students, I was 17). Most of early summer was spent revising and taking exams. Rest of summer was spent with my girlfriend Maria. Looking back, she was a lovely girl from the local Catholic school but I was really horrible to her. I "dumped" her one evening at a club because I thought I had a chance of picking up another girl I'd had my eye on for some time. Maria was really upset, the other girl wasn't interested in me - serves me right.

20 years ago - June 1985
I had just finished University and this month is the anniversary of my graduation. Bittersweet memories of saying goodbye to all my college friends as we went our separate ways. Summer 1985 I went on holiday with 2 of my friends from Uni, a canoeing trip down the Ardeche Gorge in southern France. It's a river winding its way through some spectacular limestone scenery with some exciting white water descents. Great holiday, romantic encounters that I won't bore you with here ;).

15 years ago June 1990
Preparing to get married to my wonderful wife, Colette. We will celebrate our 15th anniversary in August.

10 years ago June 1995
Our eldest daughter, Natalie, was born May 1995 so June 1995 we were struggling to come to terms with being parents - sleepless nights, feeding and looking after a baby, all that stuff. Very happy memories though, we were so delighted to have our daughter.

5 years ago June 2000
Father of two by this point, our third and youngest daughter did not arrive until March 2001 so June 2000 must have been about the point of her conception (TMI??). In June 2000 I made a significant career change when I moved into a sales job, which is what I've been doing for the last 5 years. I'm looking to change again now, maybe 5 years is about the limit of my attention span.

Written By: nally on 06/16/05 at 10:20 am

15 years ago June 1990
Preparing to get married to my wonderful wife, Colette. We will celebrate our 15th anniversary in August.

Congratulations on your anniversary, Graham. :) Interestingly enough, I remember going to a wedding on this date in 1990---it was my mom's second-cousin (the daughter of my grandma's cousin) who got married that day...so today would be their 15th anniversary. :)

Jeff

Written By: tv on 06/22/05 at 12:58 am

What happened 5 years ago this month?

June 2000
I was working at a Printing place as a security work only 2 days a week I think.

June 1995:
I would just be finishing my freshman year of high school. Yuck!

June 1990:

I would be in summer camp. I didn't like summer camp then.

June 1985

I would be graduating Pre-School probably.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/04/05 at 7:18 pm

30 Years ago

Not born yet, my parents got married.

25  Years ago

Still lived in Upsala, Ontario and was in junior kindergarten.

20 Years ago

Not a whole lot, the year before I moved to Thunder Bay, and went to school for the first time there.

15  Years ago

Pretty close to going to high school.

10 Years ago

Moved to Oakville, where I live now, and eventually got my first paying job.

5 Years ago

My dad and grandma died, and I went to their funerals.

My memory is somewhat fuzzy at best...  ::)  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/04/05 at 8:57 pm

1975 - I went from my brother's in Omaha, back to Colorado Springs and then off to Ogden, Utah with my parents. We went to celebrate the birth of my niece Kristen who was born on the 14th.

1980 - Continued playing softball and having a great time with my frineds. Worked at "Royal Fork Buffet" and ran 7 miles home every night Smiley

1985 - My ex and Blaine, Rich and Paul all lived in another apartment. Our utilities were cut off for a week and it was a tough time for us. I remember watching Live-Aid and being amazed at Phil Collins playing Wembley AND Philadelphia. MTV was still playing MUSIC, and it was great!

1990 - Dawn continued living with us. Ella was still working and I was taking care of our boys.

1995 - I honestly don't remember much except hanging out at my neighbor Tim and watching Nascar as we both cheered for Dale Earnhardt. Also, the Colorado Rockies were having a great season as Dante Bichette, Larry Walker, Andres Galaraga and Vinny Castilla were deemed "The Blake Street Bombers"

2000 - Worked out at the Y with the family a lot.

Written By: nally on 07/11/05 at 12:15 pm

July 2000: We spent the first half of the month looking at new housing developments to find a new place to live. We started looking in the Santa Clarita area (Canyon Country, Saugus, Castaic) and found some fairly decent floorplans, but the houses were all kind of expensive, and the weather in that area often gets hot especially in the summertime. On the 4th, we looked at some places in Camarillo and Oxnard and found some nice places. We later looked at one development in Simi Valley and liked one of the floorplans, but on my birthday, we found this one tract in Oxnard that we REALLY liked more than anything else. In fact, it was the tract that contains the house in which we now live in. 8) Later that month, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed; they were growing in my mouth very crookedly; I healed up fairly quickly.

July 1995: Mostly I was at home, relaxing, or I went to help my dad out at his office, but also I helped out with an event at church that had nightly sessions for two weeks. During the last week of the month, my dad's boss was being a pain, so we took a vacation to San Luis Obispo; while we were up there I sent a postcard to my friend who had graduated a month earlier; when we came back, we drove past her house, which had a "for sale" sign in front; her family was probably moving away.

July 1990: I was going to summer day camp on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and having fun there. My birthday was on a Wednesday that year, so I didn't do too much except go to work with my dad in the morning, meet my mom at Sizzler for lunch, and go to work with her for the afternoon.

July 1985: Turned 5. My mom was mostly staying home with me while my dad worked. (In fact, she was a stay-at-home mom for the first seven years of my life.) My maternal grandfather was getting ill; he would only be alive one more month. :\'(

July 1980: I was born on Friday the 11th, weighing 8 pounds 4 ounces. :)

Just for the heck of it...July 1975...not around. But I do know that my mom was in Europe for the whole month (after the 4th).

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/12/05 at 1:03 pm

July 2000 - I was probably doing much the same as I'm doing now.

July 1995 - I was pregnant with my daughter and pigging out on cantaloupe and pickled mango.  :D

July 1990 - Visited one brother in Japan for a couple of weeks, then continued on to San Francisco to visit my other brother.  :)

July 1985 - I was just getting ready to start college.

July 1980 - A good part of the month (whole summer, actually) was probably spent at the local roller rink with my girlfriends.  8)

July 1975 - My family had just moved from California to Guam, where we would spend the next 18 years.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/12/05 at 2:40 pm

July 2000 - I was probably doing much the same as I'm doing now.

July 1995 - I was pregnant with my daughter and pigging out on cantaloupe and pickled mango.  :D

July 1990 - Visited one brother in Japan for a couple of weeks, then continued on to San Francisco to visit my other brother.  :)

July 1985 - I was just getting ready to start college.

July 1980 - A good part of the month (whole summer, actually) was probably spent at the local roller rink with my girlfriends.  8)

July 1975 - My family had just moved from California to Guam, where we would spend the next 18 years.

Very interesting, Karen :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/12/05 at 2:49 pm

Very interesting, Karen :)

Is it?  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/12/05 at 3:14 pm

Is it?  ;D
I find it riveting ;D ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 07/12/05 at 3:28 pm

1985: Was 8 years old. I lived near downtown in Indianapolis.
1990: Moved to Beech Grove(Ugh) in Marion county(same county as Indianapolis).
1995: Had graduated from High School, didn't go to the ceremony(f*** that school).
2000: Lived with Family, worked, watched anime, played video games, got fat.
2001: moved out at the end of May. The day after moving in, I found out my workplace was closing down in another month.(That sucked).
2003: Found out that I lost alot of weight(my eating habits changed abit)
2004: Got my weight down to the 160s.
2005: Still living on my own, writing parodies and doing other things I enjoy.

Sorry about putting 2001-2004 in there, but that was when I had done something that I feel proud of.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/12/05 at 5:11 pm

I find it riveting ;D ;)

Really now?!  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/12/05 at 7:29 pm

Really now?!  ;D
Absolutely! I can hardly wait until next month :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/03/05 at 3:26 pm

1975 - Started Cross Country practice for high school. On the 17th my father and I drove from Colorado Springs to Omaha, Nebraska to be with my brother and his wife who were expecting my very lst nephew. My mother had flown out a couple days earlier. We had fun as I remember us having the windows down in the summer heat his 1973 Caddilac...as we enjoyed listening to John Denver's "I'm Sorry" and "Rhinestone Cowboy" by Glenn Campbell, among many other great songs from that year. "Matt" was born on the 18th :)

1980 - I was still playing softball and having a blast.

1985 - My wife and sons Richard and Blaine moved into a house in Mesa, Arizona as I continued working at the restaraunt and Ella was a waitress at a cfae insede a store called "Smitty's."

1990 - The ladies, Dawn & Ella continued working at the Broadmoor while I took care of the boys.

1995 - Started playing in 9-ball tournaments at a local bar. Continued to watch NASCAR with my neighbor Tim.

2000 - Nothing much to say except we were all still regularly working out.

2005 - I'm still delivering flowers although my boss "Julie" has been down because business has been so slow. I went out a few days last week and when she went to pay me, I told her to keep  it until things get better for her.

Written By: nally on 08/03/05 at 10:35 pm

In August 1980, I was a month old. I obviously have no memories of my life then, but my parents sure do. :)

August 1985: I was 5 years old; I don't remember a great deal about things that happened then, except for my maternal grandfather dying of cancer on the 29th at age 60. :\'(

August 1990: My mom was ending her job at Safety-Kleen in Sylmar and getting ready for a teaching job at a private school in Brentwood that would last for three years. She would teach music to grades K through 8, and English to grade 5. Monday the 6th through Friday the 10th, we went on a trip to Disneyland, and then to the beach. Something memorable happened while we were at Disneyland that I would like to share with you this Saturday. The rest of the month, I went to my grandparents' house for the day.

August 1995: For two days a week, for two weeks, I took swimming lessons at the college where I currently go to school. Most other days I went to work with my dad, and he would give me something to do to keep me busy.

August 2000: We got a deal for the house we wanted to buy, and finally bought it near the end of the month. On Sunday the 13th, our '92 Toyota Camry reached 200,000 miles.

I am not going to talk about my life four, three, two, one or zero years ago because this thread simply states "Your life this month 5, 10, 15, 20, etc... years ago." That does not include the current year.

Written By: rich1981 on 08/04/05 at 12:28 am

August 1980: My mother and father got married and gave birth to me eleven months later.

August 1985: I was 4 years old, in the break between Preschool and Kindergarten, spending the best times of my life with my family and friends.

August 1990: Spent the summer at Mexico City with my mother's relatives, getting used to being in a different country. This was also the between 3rd and 4th grade where I got transferred from a Spanish Immersion class to an all English Speaking class. When I came back from break in the summer I experienced in detail Balboa Park in San Diego, learning all the cool historical facts of Old Town.

August 1995: I was also spending a summer at Mexico City, and this was arguably the summer I changed the most psychologically since I learned that my relatives weren't as friendly as I thought they were, and I was teased a lot while attending school (for about 2 months or so). I learned a great deal from this experience, about how cruel the world could be at times.

August 2000: By this time I was well into college, studying computer engineering, working hard in general while I also worked part time at Wendy's for about five months. I would have to say that this was not too different from the way I am living myfast paced  life now.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 08/04/05 at 8:25 am

I can't remember exact months and dates for 5, 10 etc etc years ago, so i'll just update you with this month  ;)

Well, year 12's over (thank god), I now hate detest my job, and the weather's been cack. Oh, and my exam results come in 2 weeks time, but it's not like they're important or anything  ::)

Written By: nally on 08/08/05 at 2:16 pm

I said I was going to share something with you that happened when I was at Disneyland 15 years ago this month, but I guess I forgot. On August the 6th (which was a Monday in 1990), I was at Disneyland with my parents. We were browsing around in the clock shop, just observing what was there, and I saw another boy in there, who was dressed in the exact same shirt and pants as me!!! :D And his name was also Jeff! :D ;D So anyway, we were getting ready to go, and my mom said to the other kid (thinking it was me), "Okay, Jeff, it's time to go. (looking at the boy carefully) Wait a minute, you're not my Jeff!" So then she took a picture of me (with the other Jeff) standing side by side, and then we found out that the other boy's name was Jeff. He, too, was about 10 years old at the time. Of all the possible clothing combinations, what are the odds of two ten-year-old boys wearing the exact same clothes in the exact same shop at Disneyland at the exact same time? :o

To add for August 2000: We put our mobile home up for sale and got a buyer within a few days!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 2:18 pm

I said I was going to share something with you that happened when I was at Disneyland 15 years ago this month, but I guess I forgot. On August the 6th (which was a Monday in 1990), I was at Disneyland with my parents. We were browsing around in the clock shop, just observing what was there, and I saw another boy in there, who was dressed in the exact same shirt and pants as me!!! :D And his name was also Jeff! :D ;D So anyway, we were getting ready to go, and my mom said to the other kid (thinking it was me), "Okay, Jeff, it's time to go. (looking at the boy carefully) Wait a minute, you're not my Jeff!" So then she took a picture of me (with the other Jeff) standing side by side, and then we found out that the other boy's name was Jeff. He, too, was about 10 years old at the time. Of all the possible clothing combinations, what are the odds of two ten-year-old boys wearing the exact same clothes in the exact same shop at Disneyland at the exact same time? :o

To add for August 2000: We put our mobile home up for sale and got a buyer within a few days!!
Thanks for sharing, Jeff....if that really is who YOU are ;D ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/05 at 2:19 pm

Wow, what a story. Are you sure you weren't twins seperated at birth? Or a clone?  :D

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/08/05 at 2:22 pm

Thanks for sharing, Jeff....if that really is who YOU are ;D ;)

Not to worry, I know who I am. ;) ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 2:28 pm

Not to worry, I know who I am. ;) ;D
;D Yes but being as nice a person as you are, I wouldn't mind there being two of you in the world :)

Written By: jiminy on 08/08/05 at 3:39 pm

I can't even remember what I did last week, so how can I remember what I did 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 Years Ago  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 3:43 pm

I can't even remember what I did last week, so how can I remember what I did 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 Years Ago  ;D
;D Hey Jim!  I'm backwards, I can remember stuff from long ago but can't remember what I did recently. Actually most of the 1990's are a blur, but THAT is a whole other thread :D ;)

Written By: jiminy on 08/08/05 at 4:00 pm

;D Hey Jim!  I'm backwards, I can remember stuff from long ago but can't remember what I did recently. Actually most of the 1990's are a blur, but THAT is a whole other thread :D ;)

I can remember events but can not pin point them to an exact month

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/08/05 at 4:16 pm

I can remember events but can not pin point them to an exact month
I can if it's to do with sports but then again, if you asked what was 1993 like....I haven't a clue. I'd have to research it :-\\

Written By: Howard on 08/08/05 at 5:27 pm

I got fired from Genovese August 8th,1994

Written By: nally on 08/08/05 at 11:33 pm

I got fired from Genovese August 8th,1994

which, incidentally, was also a "Monday, August 8th", just like today! :D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/09/05 at 4:03 am

August 1985 - I was 3 years old, and sadly I don't remember much except I was being babysat a lot.

1990 - I remember more this year (of course), I was 8 years old and was in the 3rd grade. The year prior we had had the 1989 Earthquake in Oakland/San Francisco/Santa Cruz. That was still lingering in our minds.

1995 - I was entering 8th Grade. 1995 was a good year. I had a lot of fun that summer.

2000 - I graduated and I was doing remodeling work around this time on a home in Lafayette. The house next to it had been burnt down because of a lazy worker who didn't rinse off his chemical soaken rags.. so they combusted!

2005 - Now I am finishing up college studies and working and dating.. sounds typical, eh?

Written By: karen on 08/09/05 at 9:23 am

August 2000 In the early part of the month we were living in the house we were renting out to students waiting to move to another place.  we moved to our current house, my daughter had the chickenpox and we went on holiday to Menorca at the end of the month. turned 31

August 1995 Stayed in a cottage in Scotland with friends for the first week of August.  We were all there for a big orienteering competition.  turned 26. can't remember much else.

August 1990 Helping Dai look for his first house.  We had been going out for about a year at this point.  He had recently graduated Uni and started work.  Had a 21st party and received some wierd presents like a set of towels (???)

August 1985 on holiday in a caravan with my mum waiting for my exam results.  working at Woolworths as a Saturday girl.

August 1980 school holidays.  This is the year I started at High School.

August 1975 school holidays but can't recall anything specific.

August 1970 I was a year old and started to walk whilst on holiday.  My parents have a cine film of the moment.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/09/05 at 4:19 pm

August 1985 - I was 3 years old, and sadly I don't remember much except I was being babysat a lot.

1990 - I remember more this year (of course), I was 8 years old and was in the 3rd grade. The year prior we had had the 1989 Earthquake in Oakland/San Francisco/Santa Cruz. That was still lingering in our minds.

1995 - I was entering 8th Grade. 1995 was a good year. I had a lot of fun that summer.

2000 - I graduated and I was doing remodeling work around this time on a home in Lafayette. The house next to it had been burnt down because of a lazy worker who didn't rinse off his chemical soaken rags.. so they combusted!

2005 - Now I am finishing up college studies and working and dating.. sounds typical, eh?

Sure does :) BTW, thanks for the contribution ;)

Written By: nally on 09/01/05 at 1:55 pm

September 1980: I was two months old.

September 1985: I was starting kindergarten, in a private school run by nuns. For some reason I felt sad/uncomfortable in the class, and to this day I still don't know why.

September 1990: I began the 5th grade, in a special ed class. I got a taste of special education because I had been having difficulties in the past. Things seemed to work out fairly well for me. The class also consisted of 4th graders and 6th graders with disabilities.

September 1995: Began my sophomore year of high school. Started to make new friends, and I kept some of the old ones. It was also around this time that I began to get popular with the girls. 8) I was placed in two honors classes: one for English and one for math. However, I would drop the English class after five weeks because things were going at a fast rate for me.

September 2000: Into my third year of college... this would be my final semester at L.A. Mission. This one girl from my biology class, who I was really starting to grow fond of (maybe because I was attracted to her; she was friendly and all, but she also had a cute face... and she was two years my senior), I found out that she worked on campus in the "foster care" department (I ran into her on Thursday the 7th, talked with her for a bit, as I walked down with her to her office... and she gave me a big hug). Also, construction on our new house began; on Saturday the 16th we saw that the foundation had been prepared, and two weeks later, the slab was poured. We began going out there every week or two to take pictures of the progress.

Once again, I am not going to discuss my current life, as it says at the top, "Your life this month 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30... years ago"; it says nothing about zero years ago.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/05 at 3:10 pm

September 1985:(September 22nd)Hurricane Gloria hits New York and I was almost blown away but it never had huge force.It did however ruin my Parent's clocks.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/01/05 at 3:56 pm

September 1985 - I was about 3 1/2 years old - I can't remember a whole lot unless I thought really long and hard about it..

September 1990 - I do remember 1990 a lot more. I think this year I had gotten sick the night of my Dad's birthday party. My Dad had returned from Arizona and Myrtle Beach, S.C. from a golfing trip. I remember it was the day before I started 3rd grade and I was unable to go the first few days because of the illness.

September 1995 - My first few days of 8th grade began. I was in an independant study school now instead of Junior High. I liked the system a lot better, as I was better off learning on my own at the time.

September 2000 - Hmm, I'm trying to think on this one! Ahh, I think I was finishing up a remodeling job in Lafayette and then I was also beginning school again..

Written By: Paul on 09/01/05 at 4:12 pm

September 1990...I was just about to purchase my first home!
(Still paying for it in a roundabout way!)

September 1985 - I was about 3 1/2 years old - I can't remember a whole lot unless I thought really long and hard about it..

Bless!

I'd just turned 18 then, working in the Bank (tedious!)...partying hard!

Five years previous, I was just about to commence yet another academic year at school...yawning hard!

Five years previous to that...your guess is as good as mine! Probably terrorising the neighbourhood as most 8 year olds are wont to do...

Written By: YWN on 09/02/05 at 12:44 pm

Okay, let me try fifteen years ago...

Okay, so I had just been conceived last week and everything was going swell.  I had a nice roomy little spot for reflecting, although it didn't have wireless internet.  I didn't even have to go anywhere because everything I needed was right there.  Then all of the sudden nine months later, I'm ambushed by a man in a white coat and who hands me off to a strange woman.  Then they had the nerve to cut off the broadband connection to my navel!  Well, all I can say was that I was pissed and I let them have an earful.  I told them that they would be punished with years of servitude.  It gets blurry...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/02/05 at 12:53 pm

Okay, let me try fifteen years ago...

Okay, so I had just been conceived last week and everything was going swell.  I had a nice roomy little spot for reflecting, although it didn't have wireless internet.  I didn't even have to go anywhere because everything I needed was right there.  Then all of the sudden nine months later, I'm ambushed by a man in a white coat and who hands me off to a strange woman.  Then they had the nerve to cut off the broadband connection to my navel!  Well, all I can say was that I was pissed and I let them have an earful.  I told them that they would be punished with years of servitude.  It gets blurry...

I feel for ya..  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/02/05 at 1:21 pm

Well, well, well let me think about this one.

15 Years ago this month i would have 2 or so years old.
I dare say i was tormenting my poor Mother (The terrible two's were awful for her).
I didn't see much of my father, at the time he was running a Display company and running around all over Europe like the proverbial Pigmented Rectum Fly.
I believe it was either this year (not totally sure on the month) that i decided to bury my Dad's wallet in the garden.

10 Years ago this month I would have been all of 7 years old and in my Fourth year of school already. (as i say, the terrible two's hit them hard) I remember small snippets during the year. I know this was the year i had a Teacher named Mrs Gunn. Around this time would have been when we first met. I know she christend my little Gang the Infant Mafia. (Ominous considering the direction i am currently going in  ;D)

5 years ago this month I was.. Jeez, it's really been that long  :o I was in my second year of Secondary School (high school) at Saint Paul's Comprehensive. I'm not sure why they stuck the Saint at the front of it because it was about 50/50 Muslim - Christian.  ;D

I know i wasn't too keen on it and pretty muched stopped working from there on in. Come to think of it, the next time i actually did any proper school work was close to 5 years later.

That's about it really.. not too much in my short existence.

Written By: nally on 10/04/05 at 5:03 pm

Okay, now that we're in a new month, I should probably give this thread a bump...

October 1980: I was only 3 months old.

October 1985: I was uncomfortable in the kindergarten class for some unknown reason, and on Tuesday the 29th I was placed in a new kindergarten class where I felt much happier. Two days later, I dressed up as a clown for Halloween; it was the first costume I ever wore.

October 1990: In the fifth grade, my life in the special ed class was a far cry from that of the "regular" class I was in for fourth grade a year earlier. I remember missing school the first two days of the month because I was sick with a cold. While "The Simpsons" were on TV Thursday nights, I never got to see it (at least regularly) because I had Cub Scout meetings on those nights; my dad was the den leader for the second year in a row. Speaking of the Simpsons, I dressed up as Bart for Halloween, wearing a mask shaped like his head and a T-shirt and a pair of denim shorts.

October 1995: I was a sophomore in high school. On
Friday the 13th, I felt that the honors English class was going at a very fast rate for me, so I switched to a regular English class. By this time I was becoming popular with lots of girls; quite a few of them began talking with me and having friendly conversations with me. When the World Series was happening, i wanted so badly for the Cleveland Idiots Indians to win...but the Braves took it in Game Six. :-\\

October 2000: Our new house was under construction; we drove out there just about every weekend during the month to view its construction stages, from the cement slab to the complete framework (and taking a picture or two each time); it was exciting. Back "home," we continued to pack stuff up into boxes. I was taking mostly nighttime classes in school, and I still had a fondness for this girl from my bio class who was working in the "foster care" (for the record, she only gave me one hug all month). 8) On a sad note, my mom's cousin Sammy passed away on the 24th, just a couple weeks after he'd turned 55. :-Once again, I'm not gonna discuss my current life due to this thread's title.

Written By: whistledog on 10/04/05 at 5:18 pm

October 1980 - I was 2 years (and 10 months) old

October 1985 - I was 7 years old and in Grade 2

October 1990 - I was 12 years old and in Grade 7

October 1995 - I was 17 years old and in Grade 12

October 2000 - I was 22 years old and in my 5th year of College

October 2005 - I'm 27 years old and sitting here, typing out this  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/04/05 at 5:52 pm

October 1985 - I was 3 1/2 years old and vageuly remember things from this time. I do remember my brother's birthday party from a few months prior. He had a cake with a hamburger on it. I barely remember that Halloween except through pictures.

October 1990 - I remember starting my second month of 3rd grade. I had been sick alot at the beginning of the year and I had a teacher that not too many kids liked.

October 1995 - I was in 8th grade. I had a good Halloween that year. A boy I liked was flirting with me up to that point and he was flirting with me that night as well.

October 2000 - I was 18 and graduated from High School and working still as a helper to a remodeling contractor.

October 2005 - And here I am now, 23 years old and still going to a 2 year community college  ;D

Written By: nally on 10/04/05 at 5:54 pm

I'm 25 years old and still going to a 4 year university...but have spent a little over 4 years there! (Or should I say here, since that's where I'm posting from right now!)

However, I didn't discuss that because it says at the top, "Your life...5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 years ago"...nothing about zero years ago. :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/05/05 at 1:28 pm

I'm 25 years old and still going to a 4 year university...but have spent a little over 4 years there! (Or should I say here, since that's where I'm posting from right now!)

However, I didn't discuss that because it says at the top, "Your life...5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 years ago"...nothing about zero years ago. :-\\
I'd change it but I'm not a member that can change my old thread...so feel free to talk about the now as well ;)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/05/05 at 1:40 pm

I'd change it but I'm not a member that can change my old thread...so feel free to talk about the now as well ;)

Thanks, R & R fan. Now I don't feel as if I'm violating any rules or anything.  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/05/05 at 3:59 pm

Twenty Five years ago on October 2nd I was in Vermont on my 1968 Triumph TR6R motorcycle
coming around a hairpin turn, and didn't quite make it.  Limped around for about  a month.  Still have
the motorcycle  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/05/05 at 4:02 pm

Thanks, R & R fan. Now I don't feel as if I'm violating any rules or anything.  :)
;) Anytime, Ultraviolet521!

Twenty Five years ago on October 2nd I was in Vermont on my 1968 Triumph TR6R motorcycle
coming around a hairpin turn, and didn't quite make it. Limped around for about a month. Still have
the motorcycle :)
And thankfully, your life as well :)

Written By: YWN on 10/05/05 at 5:21 pm

Five years ago I was nine years old and I was a generally happier person.

Written By: nally on 10/05/05 at 5:26 pm

If you had kept your old account you probly could...perhaps you could pm Chucky? ;) never mind.

Written By: nally on 11/01/05 at 1:45 pm

New month...

November 1980, I was only four months old.

November 1985, I was in kindergarten, and I do not remember very much about my life then...except for going to Disneyland on the last day of the month with my parents.

November 1990, I was in 5th grade. I do not remember anything very eventful during that month. Let's see, I was in Cub Scouts, which met on Thursday nights (except for Thanksgiving of course); my mom turned 39 the day before Thanksgiving and we went to a nice restaurant to celebrate her birthday; and, um, that's about it. If something pops into my mind, I'll talk about it. :)

November 1995, I was a sophomore in high school. By this time, I was popular with several girls. 8) On the day before Thanksgiving, I got my upper braces removed after having them for two years and a half (the lower ones would come off a month or so later), and on the day after Thanksgiving I began using a retainer.

November 2000, we moved out of our mobile home!!! :D ;D 8) We got everything packed up during the first two and a half weeks of the month, and we moved (temporarily) into my grandma's house. Our new home was still in frames, but coming together: the windows were installed and the black tarp (for stucco preparation) went up shortly thereafter. Meanwhile, I wasn't expecting that there would be a neverending presidential election. ::) ::) It was my first time voting in a presidential election, and little did I know how bizarre it would turn out!

And right now, I am still a college student.

Written By: rich1981 on 11/01/05 at 3:23 pm

I haven't seen this thread in a while...

November 1980: I was in my mother's womb at the time, barely.

November 1985: I was in kindergarten as well, and I was the only child at the time.

November 1990: In 4th grade, not long after I returned from my 2nd visit to Mexico City so at this time I can remember my teacher Mr. Conseur, this was the first year I was not enrolled in the Spanish Immersion program. It is also around the time we got our first vcr as well as cox cable and renting videos from Blockbuster. A cool time really. I developed some interesting hobbies including origami and astronomy, buying and reading books on these subjects and such. Also my younger brother's memories started around this time (he was 4).

November 1995: This is actually a very interesting time because my brother and I were in Mexico City attending a "colegio" and it was quite an interesting experience to say the least, in that there were more classes and each class had its own teacher. I was actually enrolled into the 2nd year of secondary school because I needed to catch up with the rest of the class even though I should have been in 9th grade. In the end it didn't work out for us so we decided to leave the 10th of this month back home. I actually have growned quite a lot from this. Funny thing is that when we moved back home I didn't start going back to school until the last school week of the year (after Thanksgiving) because of the issues of re-enrolling myself back into 9th grade.

November 2000: I was a college sophmore in UCSD at the time but really this was a month I rather not dwell upon because I withdrew from a Computer Science class late in the quarter for the first and only time and I would've ended up with a C- at best if I didn't drop soon. Also most of grades weren't that high as a result of attempting too many tough classes in the same quarter, very smart ::). But from here on I learned my lesson.  Like 1995, this was definitely a changing experience. Of course this was also the month with that infamous election vote problem.

November 2005: I no longer attend college, not even as a grad student but I will not be receiving my diploma until this month is over and even though I have an internship now I really need to find a full-time job as soon as possible.

Written By: nally on 11/03/05 at 5:06 pm

I haven't seen this thread in a while...

That's probably because it gets updated only at the beginning of each month. :-\\

Written By: nally on 11/19/05 at 6:36 pm

It was on this date five years ago that we began moving out of the mobile home. I was just so glad to get out of there!! We had rented a U-Haul truck to move our beds and other big objects (dressers, night tables, etc.) from the mobile home into my grandma's house. There were two extra bedrooms in that house which we used during the next three months; my mom had lived there while growing up. Anyway, we moved all other necessary stuff (which we would be using for the next three months, and our precious stuff which we didn't want stored in storage) into there, and called it our temporary home. My grandmother didn't feel so alone anymore.

The professional movers came to the mobile home the next day and moved the rest of our stuff (TV, bookcases, etc. --- over a hundred items altogether) into their storage.

Written By: nally on 03/13/15 at 11:44 pm

5 years ago (March 2010): I was searching for somewhere to work, while volunteering at two places each week.

10 years ago (March 2005): I was in the middle of the Spring 2005 semester at Cal State Northridge, transitioning between courses of study. I'd been toying with the idea of majoring in math, but I struggled with the physics class that was part of the major.

15 years ago (March 2000): I was in my second year of college. Among the classes I was taking was a course in Visual Basic, which I had fun with. Also, I was becoming really good at Ms. Pac-Man. At home, we were preparing to put our mobile home up for sale.

20 years ago (March 1995): I was a freshman in high school. Near the beginning of the month I met a girl (who I later found out was a senior at the time) who was real nice. On the day we met, she came running up to me and asked me if she could borrow my umbrella...but I ended up talking her out of it.

25 years ago (March 1990): I was in fourth grade. Things weren't going too well for me; some kids were driving me crazy and I had to contend with a teacher who was a pain in the donkey. On a positive note, I was in Cub Scouts, and we had weekly meetings on Thursday nights.

30 years ago (March 1985): I don't remember too much about my life, aside from being in preschool.

Written By: Redhairkid on 04/04/15 at 7:15 pm

5 years ago (April 2010) - I took on a new role at work.
10 years ago (2005) - I was rearing a kitten I had acquired the previous month.
15 years ago (2000) - I had my own computer.
20 years ago (1995) - I had conflict to resolve.
25 years ago (1990) - Quite good.
30 years ago (1985) - One of the worst times of my life, culminating in a suicide attempt a month later.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/04/15 at 10:03 pm

5- In a very dark place. Don't ask.
10- In a very confused state regarding my anxiety.
15- Reading Harry Potter and in Junior High (6th grade).
20- In kindergarten. I stole a small coloring assignment from another student. Only time I stole anything though.
25- I was still in Vietnam.
30- Wasn't alive yet, not even a fetus.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 04/05/15 at 1:52 am

5 - April 2010: I was starting my second semester at university and my parents were not separated yet.
10 - April 2005: I was at high school and planning my first USA trip (I didn't get there until October 2006 though.)
15 - April 2000: I was in 7th grade.
20 - April 1995: I was in elementary school and much happier than now.
25 - April 1990: My first vivid memories are from about that time. I didn't start kindergarten until summer, though.
30- April 1985: I was not conceived until later this year.

Written By: nally on 04/09/15 at 11:09 pm

5 years ago (April 2010): I applied for a data entry job on Wednesday the 7th, got called for an interview on Friday the 9th, went down to the office in downtown L.A. for the interview on Monday the 12th, went back for a second interview on Friday the 16th, got hired later that day, and began work on Monday the 19th! :) However, it was a three-month temporary position, which I knew going in... but it would still be a positive experience for me.

10 years ago (April 2005): I was a student at Cal State Northridge, looking to change my major from comp sci to math; however, it was a bit of a challenge for me, particularly the physics course, but I did the best I could. I was also doing volunteer work at the Family Focus Center on the CSUN campus. In addition, I was posting regularly every day on here.

15 years ago (April 2000): I was in my second year of college, enjoying my Visual Basic class, and my biology class to some extent (there were some friendly girls in that class), struggling a bit in my English class (which was all about writing college essays)...and I was becoming really good at Ms. Pac-Man. At home we began packing stuff up in preparation to sell the mobile home.

20 years ago (April 1995): I was a freshman in high school, and I found out that a friend of mine was a senior, which disappointed me because I knew she'd be graduating in a couple months and I didn't know if we would keep in touch. (We later ended up not keeping in touch.) She invited me to come eat lunch with her in the Poetry Club during lunchtime. Also, on Sunday the 9th, my dad had to cover a special event (on his birthday :)) at a cathedral in downtown L.A. which no longer exists that then-President Bill Clinton and family attended. We both saw him.

25 years ago (April 1990): I was in fourth grade, and things weren't going well for me overall at school (although I sorta had a fondness for a then-second grader). On Saturday the 21st my parents and I went to a Dodger game (in which the Astros beat 'em 6-3), and I bought a Dodger jacket. Also, on Tuesdays, my mom was having physical therapy done on her right wrist, which had been injured four months earlier in a roller skating accident. She would pick me up from school on Tuesdays, take me back to her office, and then we would leave at 3:30 from there and go down to Encino, where she had her physical therapy appointments at 4.

30 years ago (April 1985): I was in preschool. The only thing I remember well about that month was our Dusty dog running away on Saturday the 6th. We found her, though.

Written By: nally on 05/31/15 at 12:45 pm

5 years ago (May 2010): I was working full time, getting up early every morning and riding the train downtown. It felt good to be working and earning money.

10 years ago (May 2005): I finished another "transitional" semester at CSUN, barely passing my physics class. (I had been contemplating changing my major to math...but at the end of the month I decided on Liberal Arts.)

My info on May 2000, 1995, 1990, and 1985 can be found on an earlier post in this thread. :)

Written By: nally on 06/17/15 at 1:11 pm

5 years ago (June 2010): I was still working my temporary job, and by this time I had made friends with some of my co-workers.

10 years ago (June 2005): I had changed my academic major to Liberal Arts, but was also toying with the idea to learn about computer systems (as suggested by people I knew at the time, but ultimately decided against it). Also, I was still doing volunteer work at CSUN; this project would last maybe one more year.

My info on June 2000, 1995, 1990, and 1985, can be found on an earlier post in this thread. :)

Written By: nally on 07/29/15 at 11:16 pm

5 years ago (July 2010): My temporary job finished on the 16th, so it was back to being unemployed the following week. I resumed doing volunteer work at the end of the month.

10 years ago (July 2005): I was continuing to do volunteer work at the university that I was attending. I also attended religious discussions/presentations with friends, as a way to meet other young adults.

15 years ago (July 2000): We spent the first half of the month looking at new housing developments to find a new place to live. We started looking in the Santa Clarita area (Canyon Country, Saugus, Castaic) and found some fairly decent floorplans, but the houses were all kind of expensive, and the weather in that area often gets hot especially in the summertime. On the 4th, we looked at some places in Camarillo and Oxnard and found some nice places. We later looked at one development in Simi Valley and liked one of the floorplans, but on my birthday, we found this one tract in Oxnard that we REALLY liked more than anything else. In fact, it was the tract that contains the house in which we now live in. 8) Later that month, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed; they were growing in my mouth very crookedly; I healed up fairly quickly.

20 years ago (July 1995): Mostly I was at home, relaxing, or I went to help my dad out at his office, but also I helped out with an event at church that had nightly sessions for two weeks. During the last week of the month, my dad's boss was being a pain, so we took a vacation to San Luis Obispo; while we were up there I sent a postcard to my friend who had graduated a month earlier; when we came back, we drove past her house, which had a "for sale" sign in front; her family was probably moving away. ('Tis possible that she might've gone to college somewhere far away, and her parents might have decided to sell the place to be closer to their daughter.)

25 years ago (July 1990): I was going to summer day camp on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and having fun there. My birthday was on a Wednesday that year, so I didn't do too much except go to work with my dad in the morning, meet my mom at Sizzler for lunch, and go to work with her for the afternoon. When I didn't have any activities going on during the day, I found ways to have fun at home.

30 years ago (July 1985): Turned 5; this is the earliest birthday celebration of mine that I can remember. My mom was mostly staying home with me while my dad worked. (In fact, she was a stay-at-home mom for the first seven years of my life.) My maternal grandfather was getting ill; he would only be alive one more month. :\'(

Written By: Ripley on 10/16/15 at 9:38 am

5 Years Ago (October 2010): I was living in my own apartment.  My cat was just over a year old.

10 Years Ago (October 2005): I was a slacker, big time.  I was still staying in my room the majority of the time hardly even socializing with my loved ones.  I was also going through emotional abuse from my jerk step father while already being emotional. 

15 Years Ago (October 2000): At this time I had been a recluse for quit a while.  I was staying in my room the majority of the time.  I had by then realized I had severe emotional problems. 

20 Years Ago (October 1995): I was always a quit child.  It took me several years to really not be so quit (but I still am).  I didn't care to have friends.  I dressed up as a vamp for the holiday.  This was long before it became played out lol

25 Years Ago (October 1990): I was very young.  I don't recall what I dressed up as.  It might have been a clown but I'm not 100% sure.

30 Years Ago (October 1985): I wasn't even a toddler yet.  But I think I dressed as a bunny rabbit! 

Written By: nally on 10/18/15 at 9:05 pm

5 years ago (October 2010), I was desperately seeking a new job of some sorts, after my temporary one had ended three months earlier. When I didn't find a job, I did some volunteer work (at a place where I'd continue to volunteer at for 4 1/2 more years). I also kept tabs on the baseball playoffs, and specifically remember rooting for the Texas Rangers in the ALCS (and they beat the Yankees 4 games to 2).

10 years ago (October 2005), I was still an undergrad student at Cal State Northridge, adjusting to life as a Liberal Arts major. I had two classes that semester: Literature and upper-division California History. That month I had my midterms and did so-so on them (although the history midterm didn't go so well for some reason; fortunately my professor allowed me to retake it a month later (with much better results)). Also I was starting to write about my daily life at school, on a personal level. Moreover, there was this girl I started to become friends with; she was studying physical therapy and I sometimes saw her while commuting to CSUN (riding the train). I was also following the baseball postseason each day.

15 years ago (October 2000), my family and I were continuing to pack up some of our belongings, in preparation to sell our mobile home; this included discarding some items that we no longer needed (a task I specifically remember doing on the 22nd). As for my academic life, I was at Mission College for a fifth and final semester to take general ed classes, two of which were at night. I had also developed a fondness for this girl I'd met the previous semester in a class I'd taken; I'd been seeing her on a regular basis around campus, and she was cute... but in some cases I was worried about how I'd approach her. As for baseball playoffs, I didn't really watch them (due in part to not having cable tv at home), but I could still follow the progress.

20 years ago (October 1995), I was a sophomore in high school. I specifically remember changing my English class from an honors one to a regular one, since the course seemed to go at a pace too quick for me to handle; the change worked out better for me. However, I started to struggle in some of my other classes, and was up late on most nights doing homework for them... but in the end I passed. The math class was probably the one I was doing the best in. By this time I was also starting to become popular with girls at school; many of them began talking with me and having friendly conversations with me.

25 years ago (October 1990), the month began with me being sick (I missed the first two days of school) and ended with my dad being sick (he took me trick-or-treating at the shopping mall; I wore a Bart Simpson costume). I was already a month into my fifth-grade year, having early experiences with special education, which seemed to go well for me. Because my parents were both working far from home (20+ miles either direction), my grandma would often pick me up from school and I'd watch TV at her house until my mom arrived and we went home together. I also remember watching the Cincinnati Reds sweep the Oakland Athletics in the World Series.

30 years ago (October 1985), I was in kindergarten; I remember it being kind of a sad experience at first, and to this day I'm not sure why... although I think it might've had something to do with separation anxiety (but I'm not 100% sure). This was also the first year that I wore a Halloween costume; for the record it was a clown.

Written By: Ripley on 10/19/15 at 9:46 am

^I think its cool that you remember stuff that happened on specific dates  :)

Written By: nally on 10/19/15 at 10:46 pm

^I think its cool that you remember stuff that happened on specific dates  :)

Thanks. Yep, in most cases I tend to retain that information. :)

Written By: GH1996 on 10/23/15 at 3:55 am

5 years ago today (October 2010) - freshman year in high school, moved to a new house and school, left all my friends from middle school/elementary to a school that had a football team. Did pretty good that year but got whooped in the quarter finals to the champions, a 4 hour commute home (slightly regret moving schools since I lost contact with some pretty good friends)

10 years ago today (October 2005) - 4th? grade in elementary school in a quiet city east of Vancouver, pretty good sized school (around 100 students). Can't remember exactly what I was up to but most likely making forts in the forest behind our apartment complex, watching malcolm in the middle and jamming out to green day

15 years ago today (October 2000) - started kindergarten around then, lived in a duplex  off of the beach and surrounded by forest, dad's old friend lived next door. He had a daughter who was probably 9 years older than me and she had a tree house in the back, had some good times listening to Britney, blink 182 & nysnc CDs with her and her friends while she was babysitting me. Also remember sitting on my dad's lap driving around the abandoned town next to out house. Oddly enough I remember 2000 better than any other year

19 years ago today (October 1996) - (in my mothers womb) my parents would be driving from Vancouver to Edmonton in a 1980 camaro, my dad was offered a job there at a rope store which he immediately regretted since it was cold as hell there, he helped the Edmonton police with a murder case involving a rope and identified the type of rope that was used.

Written By: nally on 10/28/15 at 11:33 pm

5 years ago today (October 2010) - freshman year in high school, moved to a new house and school, left all my friends from middle school/elementary to a school that had a football team. Did pretty good that year but got whooped in the quarter finals to the champions, a 4 hour commute home (slightly regret moving schools since I lost contact with some pretty good friends)

Yeah I know how it is when you move to a new school, especially when it's far from your previous one, and you lose contact with good people.

I was sorta preparing to do that almost 15 years ago, when I was moving to a different area, and hence a different community college. I was at one such place for 2 1/2 years altogether, and made some good friends during that time, but was essentially unable to keep contact with 'em. (Too bad Facebook wasn't around back then!) But then when I started at this other community college in February of '01, I didn't really know anybody, but did actually run into a few of my high school buddies. (I will talk about this part more in detail in February 2016.)

Written By: nally on 11/10/15 at 11:45 am

5 years ago (November 2010), I was still on the hunt for employment, while continuing to do volunteer work at this one place. Also, I got together with some friends early in the month for a retreat; for me it was much needed.

10 years ago (November 2005), I was busy at Cal State Northridge; even though I had only two courses that semester, they were both very challenging. In fact, I began work on the final paper for one such class while trying to juggle various other things in my life.

15 years ago (November 2000), my family and I were getting ready to move out of our mobile home. On most days prior to the 19th we were packing up stuff and keeping things clean in there. On days that we weren't doing any such preparations, I was going to school at Mission College (and concentrating on my academic priorities, some of which by this time were quite challenging). On the 19th we moved out of the mobile home and into my grandma's house on a temporary basis; on the 20th the movers came and moved out our things that we were going to have stored for the next three months.

20 years ago (November 1995), as a sophomore in high school, I was finding myself studying very late each night. (At school I was also getting popular with some of the girls.) Later in the month, I had my braces removed so I could once again start eating foods that I was restricted from for the previous 2 1/2 years.

25 years ago (November 1990), on weekdays at school I was in special ed all day in the 5th grade, noticing how some of the kids would misbehave, while I was well-behaved for the most part. Additionally, I was doing well academically. On weekends I would have fun by myself at home.

30 years ago (November 1985), I was in kindergarten, adjusting to my new kindergarten class, which I seemed to be comfortable in. I don't think I remember anything on any specific days, though.

Written By: nally on 11/19/15 at 1:17 pm

15 years ago (November 2000), my family and I were getting ready to move out of our mobile home. On most days prior to the 19th we were packing up stuff and keeping things clean in there. On days that we weren't doing any such preparations, I was going to school at Mission College (and concentrating on my academic priorities, some of which by this time were quite challenging). On the 19th we moved out of the mobile home and into my grandma's house on a temporary basis; on the 20th the movers came and moved out our things that we were going to have stored for the next three months.

And now, 15 years later to the day, I am looking back on this occasion and remembering how good it felt to finally get out of that area, which had been going downhill for years.

We had rented a Uhaul truck to transport our beds and bedroom furniture to my grandma's house; my uncle even came over to help with transporting said items from the truck into the house; he was strong and was working at a hardware store, so that helped.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/23/15 at 11:42 pm

5 years ago--I was probably making the mad scramble to get everything to cook Thanksgiving Dinner for me and my father.
10 years ago--I still would be scrambling, but my mother would have been there in here wheelchair in the kitchen instructing me on what to do as I cooked.
15 years ago--I'd be on chopping/peeling duty cause mom would have been able to cook on her own. And I'd be sacked out for continuing to steal gizzards intended for the cornbread dressing out the pot they were simmering in.
20 years ago--I'd be vegging out playing the History album, and nowhere near the kitchen at 9 years old.
25 years ago--Same, except I'd be playing  MC Hammer.
30 years--I was gestating in my mother's belly.  ;D (I was actually conceived near my mother's birthday in late Sept 1985)

Written By: nally on 12/04/15 at 6:02 pm

5 years ago (December 2010), I was still on the hunt for employment, but not really getting anywhere with that. I also did volunteer work at least once a week (just so that I'd be doing something).

10 years ago (December 2005), I was finishing an 8-page term paper for a class I was taking, as well as prepping for final exams. Also at school, I was getting email addresses for some of my lady friends so I could keep in touch with 'em; I even decided to give one of them a Christmas card. After Christmas I went with my parents to Magic Mountain (since earlier in the year we had won free tickets that were good until New Year's Eve), and then with my dad to Palm Desert so we could visit his parents. Some good times.

15 years ago (December 2000), I was preparing to say goodbye to Mission College; these were some busy times. In addition to all my academic preparations --studying for final exams, completing projects, etc.-- there were also some social things I wanted to take care of, as I had made some friends there and had to part ways with them before the 21st. This included a girl who was in a class I'd had the previous semester and was working on campus in one of the offices; on the 7th I was feeling a little upset about her because I thought she didn't wanna talk to me, but it turns out she was just busy, and later on we got our chance to talk; on the 19th I gave her a beautiful Christmas card and she was very happy upon receiving it. On the homefront, we were living at my grandma's house while our new home was being built (we even came out once every weekend to take pictures of the progress), so we spent Christmas and New Years there; it worked out well.

20 years ago (December 1995), I was a sophomore in high school and was very busy with academic stuff each day and night; I often had lots of work to do, and because of this, I was starting to falter in some of my classes. So during the winter holiday break, I would study my books (particularly biology) each day (except for Christmas Eve and Day). I also had some good times, mostly with my family, during the month.

25 years ago (December 1990), I was 10 years old, in the 5th grade, and handling life at school quite well. After school on most days, my grandma would pick me up, take me to her house, and I'd sometimes watch television... until my mom came to get me, as she was working as a music teacher at a school in Brentwood (the west part of L.A. city). Additionally, we started going to church at a place that was about 40 miles east of home, as my mom was offered a job there. I also remember getting several Christmas presents that I enjoyed.

30 years ago (December 1985), I was 5 years old, in kindergarten, and I don't remember too much about any specifics at school. However, I do remember a particular gift I got for Christmas: Computron, an electronic educational toy with math and spelling games on it. (I still have it today, but I haven't used it in 20+ years. It's packed away nicely.)

Written By: nally on 12/28/15 at 10:09 pm

10 years ago (December 2005), I went ... with my dad to Palm Desert so we could visit his parents. Some good times.

And it was on this date, the 28th of December, that we went out there. It was only the second time that I or my dad had traveled out to the desert, coincidentally 18 years to the day after we all went out there for the first time. My grandparents had bought a house out there sometime in the 1980s and were living out there part-time before moving out there full-time in the late 90s. The drive out there in '05 took a long time, but was fine.

And now, ten years later, he is visiting us, and we'll be driving him back home tomorrow morning, so we'll be making that drive again.

Written By: nally on 12/31/15 at 5:25 pm

I also would like to mention that 25 years ago, my family and I began going out of town for New Year's Eve, spending a night at a hotel (close to the beach) and coming home on New Year's Day. This occasion (1990-91) we spent New Year's Eve at the Country Inn hotel in Port Hueneme, within walking distance of the beach; and we enjoyed the experience! :)

Written By: nally on 01/04/16 at 7:14 pm

5 years ago (January 2011)... I was continuing to look for work while still doing volunteer work at one particular place. Near the end of the month, I attended a motivational job search workshop at the local library, and that seemed to help, but overall I felt like I wasn't really getting very far. So I was at home for the most part, and I'm pretty sure I walked my little Chloe dog every day.

10 years ago (January 2006)... I was on break from my academics at CSU Northridge. Well, mostly. Every week during the month, I would go to campus one day to do volunteering; at the time I was working on an ongoing project. Then at the end of the month, I started the Spring semester (and that would ultimately turn out to be one of my best academic semesters ever).

15 years ago (January 2001)... this was probably the middle of a "transitional" period for me. I had the whole month off from school, mostly because I was going to be starting at a new community college, but their Spring semester didn't start until February. So mostly I hung around at "home", which in this case was my grandma's house, which we were temporarily living in while our new house was being constructed. We were still continuing to go out every week to take a look at the progress (something that excited us). So it was a transitional period in that I was between schools and between homes.

20 years ago (January 1996)... I was mostly busy in one way or another, being a sophomore in high school. This was the final month of the first semester, and I was completing several assignments for the classes I was in, including a family tree project for one class and several essays for my English class. Also, I had a tennis class for the first period of the day, and by this month it was very cold outside in the morning so I had to go and buy some sweats in order to be comfortable.

25 years ago (January 1991)... well, I was in one way or another enjoying school, being a fifth grader; outside of school in my spare time I would write some silly stories in a spiral notebook, getting inspiration from various things I saw on TV (such as cartoons and certain things that the characters were involved in). I was also adjusting to getting up very early on Sunday mornings every other week because my mom began working at a church that was a long distance from home.

30 years ago (January 1986)... I was mostly enjoying my toys at home, while also having a good time in kindergarten; I had several buddies in my class.

Written By: Ripley on 02/01/16 at 8:20 pm

I'm reversing the order for the heck of it lol

February 1986 - I was about to turn a year old in a few short weeks.

February 1991 - Kindergarten me was shy from the start of school.

February 1996 - We had these snails in science class and I remember I would go over and play with them instead of paying attention in class lol

February 2001- I had just quit my job at the local grocery store.

February 2006 - My mom told my step father she had had enough. This was back in January but I declare February as when we were free.

February 2011 - My sister was now living on her own for the first time. Well with her fiance but still own from family.

Written By: nally on 02/02/16 at 11:07 pm

Okay!

February 1986: I was in kindergarten, having a good time with other 5-year-old kids. That's all I can remember, in a nutshell (although I do have memories of later in the year).

February 1991: I was in 5th grade; it was on Tuesday the 12th when I started to mainstream into a "regular" math class, having been in special ed for all subjects up to this point. Math had always been my favorite subject, even then, and I had demonstrated that I could do well in the subject. I was also "in my own world" so to speak, outside of school.

February 1996: The middle of my high school sophomore year. The fall semester ended on Groundhog Day, so the spring semester began on Monday the 5th; that was when my schedule of classes was screwed up. To keep me in the "honors" math class, the counselors (or whoever was in charge of students' individual program schedules) moved me into "regular" P.E. for a different period, rather than keep me in the tennis class, so during that week I arranged with them to move me back into tennis class, and place me in a regular math class. Later in the month, on Valentines Day, my parents gave me a bag of See's chocolate hearts (for the first time), and I decided, on my own, to bring them to school and hand 'em out to the girls. :D

February 2001: Perhaps a very memorable month for me. :) On Monday the 5th I began my only general-ed semester at Pierce College (needless to say, a week later I ended up swapping one history class for a better one), and only had classes on Mondays and Wednesdays. It was about this time that our new house was finished... and on Thursday the 15th, our escrow closed, so we got the keys and were very excited! During the weekend, we started moving some of our stuff into the house, and the professional movers moved everything else in on Tuesday the 20th.

February 2006: In addition to taking classes for my liberal arts degree at CSU Northridge, I also returned to Pierce College for computer-programming classes (this was for a certificate in programming, which I'd hoped would help me find a job). Fortunately for me, my classes at Pierce were on Monday/Wednesday, whereas my CSUN classes were on Tuesday/Thursday, so I didn't have to be at two campuses on any one day. Still, this was the start of one of my least stressful semesters. I also handed out chocolate hearts to my lady friends on the 14th (and subsequent days). http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/valentine/smiley.gif

February 2011: I was still on the hunt for employment. When I wasn't at home doing next to nothing, I did volunteer work. I also had a personal project going on: making a scrapbook photo album with some of my childhood photos, as the old album (one with sticky pages) started fraying. I had been inspired to do this after my parents did a similar project with one of their 1970s photo albums a month earlier.

Written By: nally on 02/15/16 at 2:30 pm

February 2001: Perhaps a very memorable month for me. :) On Monday the 5th I began my only general-ed semester at Pierce College (needless to say, a week later I ended up swapping one history class for a better one), and only had classes on Mondays and Wednesdays. It was about this time that our new house was finished... and on Thursday the 15th, our escrow closed, so we got the keys and were very excited! During the weekend, we started moving some of our stuff into the house, and the professional movers moved everything else in on Tuesday the 20th.

This morning my family and I were remembering this historic day and how excited we were to finally get our new house. :)

Written By: nally on 02/20/16 at 3:10 pm

...and this was the day 15 years ago when we moved all of our stuff into the house and officially began living in it. :)

Written By: nally on 03/04/16 at 12:48 pm

5 years ago (March 2011): Not doing much, except for volunteer work at a certain place, and trying to find work somewhere.

10 years ago (March 2006): Having a good time. I was doing very well in all my college courses; this included midterm exams. I also socialized with lady friends on campus, as well as on the train going to and from home. :) Many pleasant memories.

15 years ago (March 2001): Now settled into our new home, we were enjoying it, although we still needed to buy furniture for our living room (which we did a month later). Academically, I was doing well at Pierce College.

20 years ago (March 1996): Basically concentrating on my academic life as a high school sophomore. Also remaining popular with many girls. :)

25 years ago (March 1991): At the beginning of the month, my bedroom had a leak in the wall. So we had to clear out my bedroom, moving my bed out to the living room, where I slept each night during the month. I also cleared out my closet and moved those items into the living room as well. The carpet in my bedroom needed replacement, and a drywall replaced the panel wall(s) that sprung a leak.  At the end of the month, I hunted for Easter eggs one last time (Easter was on the 31st that year).  In school, I adjusted well to being in a "regular" math class, while staying in special ed for other subjects.

30 years ago (March 1986): All I remember about that month was (1) my life in kindergarten, and (2) likely partaking in an Easter Egg hunt with my second-cousins at the end of the month (since Easter was on the 30th).

Written By: Ripley on 03/11/16 at 10:53 am

5 years ago (March 2011): I turned 26.  My cats were finally best buds. They had only met a few months before.

10 years ago (March 2006): I turned 21. I wasn't into alcohol though. I've rarely drank. We were all settled into our little house.

15 years ago (March 2001): I turned 16. I was in the 10th grade. This very month that year is when WCW went off the air. I wrote a fake news piece to go with it.

20 years ago (March 1996): I turned 11.  It was the final year of Elementary school. I remember playing with snails in Science instead of paying attention to the teacher.

25 years ago (March 1991): I turned 6.  I was in Kindergarten. 

30 years ago (March 1986): I had my first birthday. I wish I could remember it. I do remember trying to eat an Easter egg but I think it was in April that year.

Written By: nally on 03/11/16 at 11:46 am

30 years ago (March 1986): I had my first birthday. I wish I could remember it. I do remember trying to eat an Easter egg but I think it was in April that year.

Easter was March 30th in 1986, so sometime during the week you might have tried to eat said egg.

I honestly cannot remember anything from when I was one year old. Sure, my parents took pictures of me, but I don't have any actual memories of such events.

Written By: Ripley on 03/11/16 at 1:25 pm

Easter was March 30th in 1986, so sometime during the week you might have tried to eat said egg.

I honestly cannot remember anything from when I was one year old. Sure, my parents took pictures of me, but I don't have any actual memories of such events.

I remember random things from childhood

Written By: nally on 03/11/16 at 1:28 pm

As do I.

The earliest thing on which I can remember the specific date was something that occurred in early 1984, when I was 3 1/2, namely, a tooth falling out of my mouth while eating an ice cream cone. Anything I might remember from before then would be a "fuzzy" memory.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/16 at 4:21 pm

same here, my memory is ok at best.

Written By: nally on 04/04/16 at 11:23 pm

5 years ago (April 2011): I was still volunteer-working for the most part. Doing all I could to find paid work.

10 years ago (April 2006): Still had plenty of good times, both academically and socially, although most of my socializing was done at school or on the train to and from there (I commuted). During my spring break week (2nd week of the month) I took it easy for the most part.

15 years ago (April 2001): We finally started to organize our living room. We bought new furniture on Friday the 13th, and it was delivered less than a week later; I even remember us all moving the piano from the living room into the family room (it was a task!). Academically I was doing quite well.

20 years ago (April 1996): I had spring break during Easter week rather than Holy week; because of this, we were able to go out of town for a few days to celebrate my dad's birthday, which was that week. Elsewhere, I was an avid listener of Casey Kasem's "American Top 20" countdown (which he was hosting at the time); I listened to it every Sunday night on the radio.  On the 27th of the month, the Olympic Torch was passing through Los Angeles and I was able to get a picture or two of it.

25 years ago (April 1991): On Saturday the 6th, I was finally able to move back into my bedroom; the carpeting and wall had been fully replaced. In school I was enjoying my "regular" math class and doing fine in special-ed subjects. Oh, and my mom and I began reading some books together; we would often do this on weeknights or during the weekend. (We'd continue doing this into the summer.)

30 years ago (April 1986): I remember being in kindergarten. I also remember going to a Dodgers baseball game on Sunday the 27th, with my parents and some of their then-friends from church; the opposing team was the Atlanta Braves; Dodgers won the game 7-4; I particularly remember losing a tooth while eating a Dodger Dog (hotdog with an elongated frankfurter).

Written By: Ripley on 04/05/16 at 10:21 am

You lost a tooth at a ballgame? That's cool!

I would like to see the pics of the Olympic torch if you can find them :)

Written By: nally on 04/05/16 at 6:13 pm

You lost a tooth at a ballgame? That's cool!

Yep, my parents even remember it. It was probably one of my front baby teeth, as they were both missing by June.

I would like to see the pics of the Olympic torch if you can find them :)

They're so-so; I'd have to see about scanning them in. I took two of them.

Written By: nally on 04/14/16 at 8:26 pm

20 years ago (April 1996): I had spring break during Easter week rather than Holy week; because of this, we were able to go out of town for a few days to celebrate my dad's birthday, which was that week. Elsewhere, I was an avid listener of Casey Kasem's "American Top 20" countdown (which he was hosting at the time); I listened to it every Sunday night on the radio.  On the 27th of the month, the Olympic Torch was passing through Los Angeles and I was able to get a picture or two of it.

...and it was on this date 20 years ago (April the 14th, a Sunday), when I learned how to play pool. My family and I went to a gathering with other people we knew from church at the time, at the home of a family that had a gameroom in their home. The host family's son, then 8 or so, showed me how to play pool...and I won my first game! That was only because he accidentally pocketed the 8 ball, which I was going for (because I had pocketed all the solids, that is, 1 through 7), so I won by default!

Written By: GH1996 on 04/16/16 at 3:34 pm

5 years ago (April 2011): Was in my freshman year of HS, I wasn't doing much at the time other than studying and off-season training for football.

10 years ago (April 2006): in 4th/5th grade? enjoying life before middle school, spending my days after school terrorizing the neighbourhood with friends or playing on my PS2.

15 years ago (April 2001): lived in the same neighbourhood, closer to the beach. loved the house we lived at, huge yard with the forest behind us, a pond with fish, always had wildlife in our yard, tree house, dads friends lived next door and would always have BBQ's & it was also pretty secluded away from everything. one of my favorite houses we lived in.

20 years ago (April 1996): in my mothers stomach, she was about 3 months pregnant with me, lived with my dads parents and then moved up north to Edmonton in October of 96

Written By: #Infinity on 04/27/16 at 5:23 am

5 Years Ago (April 2011): I was just about to finish high school classes, my anxiety about my high school crush on the verge of disaster. In the middle of the month, I ran my personal record in the 1600m dash in track. Around the end of the month, I officially decided on my college. Currently, my favorite non-eurobeat music albums were Stevie Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life, as well as Steely Dan's Aja and Can't Buy a Thrill. I was also extremely interested in 80s music and burned CD compilations of 80s hits to listen to in my car.

10 Years Ago (April 2006): Around this time, I was starting to become less interested in DDR and more in its mid-2000s competitor, In the Groove. I was also addicted to creating simfiles for StepMania, an open-source DDR simulator. I had just recently started using Internet forums, at this point being active at DDR Freak and Bemanistyle. My family was very close to moving to a larger home in the same neighborhood, which would happen within a matter of weeks.

15 Years Ago (April 2001): My elementary school put on a musical about Lewis & Clark around this time. I was still obsessed with Pokémon, having just gotten Pokémon Stadium 2, but I was also introduced to The Sims around this time. I also watched Nickelodeon during this time, but would soon abandon the channel after The Angry Beavers was cancelled and CatDog somehow became far less funny to me.

20 Years Ago (April 1996): This is about the earliest time I remember playing computer games in my life. I wouldn't get my first personal computer until about a year later, but my dad allowed me to use his Windows 95 to play CD-ROMs during my free time. In particular, the first educational tools I ever played were The Playroom, Get Ready for School: Kindergarten, and Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds. Meanwhile, my mom often took me to Burger King for lunch, where I remember getting this cool action figure of a redheaded girl in a green flying saucer (EDIT: I looked this up, apparently this toy was from 1997; for some reason, I thought I remembered owning it before Frollo and the gargoyles from Hunchback of Notre Dame, but I still distinctly remember going to Burger King before that movie came out in June 1996), and always ordered strawberry milkshakes. In my parents first-generation Ford Explorer, I listened predominantly to Raffi tapes, Banana Phone in particular. At the time, I still watched a lot of Barney & Friends and Thomas the Tank Engine, still flat-out in love with Kathy's "Me and My Best Teddy Bear" song, which I could relate to because of how attached I was to my own teddy bear, Mel (he's still in clear sight in my room today!). Even though Thomas was more of a toddler boy's thing, my predominantly feminine traits were in naked sight (I would soon come to idolize D.W. from Arthur). My sense of memory from this period was not quite fully consistent like it would be by autumn that year, but I can definitely recall actively living in April 1996.

Written By: nally on 04/27/16 at 11:28 pm

(snip)

30 years ago (April 1986): I remember being in kindergarten. I also remember going to a Dodgers baseball game on Sunday the 27th, with my parents and some of their then-friends from church; the opposing team was the Atlanta Braves; Dodgers won the game 7-4; I particularly remember losing a tooth while eating a Dodger Dog (hotdog with an elongated frankfurter).

Just realizing these two events occurred on this date, exactly 10 years apart!

Written By: nally on 05/12/16 at 6:33 pm

All right, here we go...

5 years ago (May 2011): I was absent from this site for most of the month, due to my computer catching a virus, so I needed to have it repaired. Elsewhere, I began seeing a new job counselor because I wanted to take some serious steps to finding a job...so I met one person who started taking me out in the field to look for potential employers. (Back then I only had a B.A. in Liberal Arts and a Computer Programming certificate to my name.)

10 years ago (May 2006): The Spring semester at CSUN was winding down, and I wondered how I was going to keep in touch with some of the lady friends I had made, including this one girl who was studying physical therapy. I talked with her about possibly inviting her to come to my place sometime during the summer, and she seemed interested...but that visit never came to fruition. At home, we finally started to paint our bedroom walls; they had all been white for five years. On Saturday the 20th we painted my bedroom walls; on Monday the 29th (Memorial Day) we painted my parents' room.

15 years ago (May 2001): This was basically the final month of the Spring Semester at Pierce College, and I was finishing up my general ed. I didn't have any big papers to write, since the classes I was taking were not too difficult. (And I managed to make a few friends.) On Monday the 28th, Memorial Day, my family and I finally had our housewarming party; most of the people who came over were family members.

20 years ago (May 1996): I was still a high school sophomore, doing my daily routine of going to classes and studying/doing homework; however, I was absent only one day -- Wednesday the 15th, because I had a cold and figured I'd probably infect people if I went to school. I still had some good times.

25 years ago (May 1991): I was in 5th grade, doing pretty much the same stuff as I'd been doing the previous months. Didn't miss any days of school. I can remember going to a Dodgers baseball game on Friday the 10th, and to the beach with my family on Sunday the 19th.

30 years ago (May 1986): Still in kindergarten; that school year was coming close to the end. Can't say I remember anything on any specific days, though.

Check for new replies or respond here...