inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: million selling singles sales figures

Written By: karen on 03/24/05 at 8:45 am

Does anyone know of a website that would tell you how many copies have been sold of a particular record?  I  have tried www.everyhit.com but all that tells me is which songs have sold a million or more.

The reason I want to know is that my dad occasionally sets pub quizzes.  Instead of the usual musical round of identifying song and singer when you hear a clip, he thought he would play intros from a CD he has called 'They Sold a Million'  and get people to say how many each one had sold.  So it would only be sales figures for, say at most, 20 songs.

Any source suggestions gratefully received

Subject: Re: million selling singles sales figures

Written By: karen on 03/30/05 at 3:24 am

bump

I'm sure someone here must have a suggestion

Written By: Paul on 03/30/05 at 6:05 am

Hi karen...

Hopefully, this may be what you're after...(and you wasn't too far away from it in the first place...!)

(There's a bigger list within this one, so that should keep your Dad quiet for a while...!!)

Written By: joedeertae on 03/30/05 at 6:10 am

Also try http://tinyurl.com/6lbqn for the top 100. Hope it helps.

Written By: karen on 03/30/05 at 9:30 am

Thanks very much Paul and Joe.

I'll forward those websites to my dad.  He'll be very pleased because he's been planning this quiz for over a year!

Written By: joedeertae on 03/30/05 at 9:40 am

Kewl :) Hope it goes well for him.

Check for new replies or respond here...