inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any Medical Experts here?

Written By: EthanM on 03/26/05 at 12:22 pm

I thought i had a cold but it's been over 2 weeks and i still don't feel better. I've been coughing on and off, with occaasional sneezing and i had a brief mild headache a couple of time but the most persistent symptom has been a sore throat. It has been more of a nuisance than something really unbearable, but it hasn't really gone away in the entire two weeks. The back of the roof of my mouth feel swollen when i touch it with my finger, but i don't usually do that so i don't know what it's supposed to feel like. Recently my ear has started to bother me, and the ear that is hurting feels a lot cleaner than the one that isn't. I'm considering going to a clinic to see if they can help me, but it's 2 miles away and i'd have to go on foot and i'm afraid of having to pay a bill. Any ideas what's wrong and what i should do? 

Subject: Re: Any Medical Experts here?

Written By: ADH13 on 03/26/05 at 1:02 pm

It kind of sounds like tonsilitis, in which case you would need antibiotics...

If you really don't want to go to the doctor there are websites where you can order antibiotics from Mexico.. amoxicillin or penicillin (if you're not allergic) usually works.. it's better to see a doctor though, if you can...

btw I am NOT an expert.. but I have had tonsilitis before and the symptoms sound about right

Written By: Powerslave on 03/26/05 at 1:32 pm

Any ideas what's wrong and what i should do? 

You have some kind of upper respiratory infection and need medical treatment. Go see a doctor at once.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 03/26/05 at 2:20 pm

I say call the clinic and ask them if you have to pay up front or can they bill you.  Thats what I'd do in your situation.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/26/05 at 2:44 pm

It sounds like an infection-could be a sinus infection. The sore throat can be caused by post nasal drip-the headache and earache by the sinus pressure. As everyone else has suggested-GET TO THE DOCTOR!!!!

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/05 at 2:45 pm

It sounds like an infection-could be a sinus infection. The sore throat can be caused by post nasal drip-the headache and earache by the sinus pressure. As everyone else has suggested-GET TO THE DOCTOR!!!!

Cat

Can it be a form of hay fever for the blossom is out early this spring.

Written By: EthanM on 03/26/05 at 2:51 pm

i just tried to go to the clinic but they were closed... i don't think it's hay fever it was really cold when i started feeling it. I just hope this doesn't get any worse between now and monday.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/26/05 at 2:55 pm

i just tried to go to the clinic but they were closed... i don't think it's hay fever it was really cold when i started feeling it. I just hope this doesn't get any worse between now and monday.

What you can do in the meantime is eat lots of garlic and ginger. You can try what is called "sinus soup". Take ordinary Ministone soup, add lots of garlic, lots of ginger, lots of hot peppers and lots of horseradish. That will deffinately open up your sinuses.  :o

Cat

Written By: EthanM on 03/26/05 at 3:01 pm

too bad i have none of that in my house and the nearest real supermarket is close to 2 miles away and i'd probably try to walk. I'm pretty tired now from walking to the clinic and walking usually isn't tiring for me.

Written By: jackas on 03/26/05 at 3:48 pm

too bad i have none of that in my house and the nearest real supermarket is close to 2 miles away and i'd probably try to walk. I'm pretty tired now from walking to the clinic and walking usually isn't tiring for me.

Do you have some friends or family who can help you out by going to the market for you?  I hope you're feeling better soon.

Written By: EthanM on 03/26/05 at 3:53 pm

my family is 200 miles away and i don't think anyone's going to buy a bunch of random groceries that might make me feel better. But thanks for the well-wishes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/26/05 at 5:46 pm

I left out one ingredent in my recipe for "sinus soup"-onions. How could I forget the onions?  :-[

Cat

Written By: jiminy on 03/26/05 at 5:46 pm

Yes, turn your head and cough  ;D

Written By: jackas on 03/26/05 at 6:00 pm

Yes, turn your head and cough  ;D

You would! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...