inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remembering Rob Coulon

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 1:14 pm

On this day four years ago, Blaine and his friend Eric were in Cheyenne Wyoming, visiting Eric's sister. Thier best friend Rob Coulon was in a hospital bed clinging to life, and though noboby thought Rob would succumb to complications from Lukemia his condition worsened that morning. Blaine and Eric were told about Rob's condition and upon hearing this they raced to get back to town in time to say goodbye. Rob Coulon died just after noon and Eric and Blaine were too late. They got back around 1:30. I'll never forget the pain the went through upon heaqring of thier dear friends passing as they came into Robs house that day. We all tried but thier was no comforting them. I felt I'd share with all of you because Rob was a wonderful person and family friend. Me and my family will never forget him.

Here's a picture of Blaine's other childhood friend Jack, Rob in the middle and Blaine on the right...at Garden Of The Gods taken in in late 2000

Subject: Re: Remembering Rob Coulon

Written By: Bobby on 03/27/05 at 1:38 pm

I'm sorry to hear the tragedy of your son's best friend, Mark. I hope you can take solace with the positive impact Rob has had with you and your family.

That picture is definitely a symbol of solidarity.  :)

I hope you will always remember the good. That's what I do with my favourite grandad.  ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 03/27/05 at 2:27 pm

that's so sad,Mark ...it must have been so  very hard for Eric and Blaine to have missed saying their goodbyes to Rob  :\'(

it is nice that you have the photo of him to carry his memory  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/27/05 at 2:50 pm

That's very sad, Mark...but as Bobby said, it's good to focus on the positive effects that Rob had on you and your family.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 3:15 pm

I'm sorry to hear the tragedy of your son's best friend, Mark. I hope you can take solace with the positive impact Rob has had with you and your family.

That picture is definitely a symbol of solidarity.  :)

I hope you will always remember the good. That's what I do with my favourite grandad.  ;)
Thanks :) I find a kind of double egded sword with the whole matter. The sadness of his AND Blaines deaths, but knowing they're together....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 3:17 pm

that's so sad,Mark ...it must have been so  very hard for Eric and Blaine to have missed saying their goodbyes to Rob  :\'(

it is nice that you have the photo of him to carry his memory  :)
Thanks Maria...I appreciate your kindness :-*

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 3:17 pm

That's very sad, Mark...but as Bobby said, it's good to focus on the positive effects that Rob had on you and your family.
Thanks for your thoughts, Karen :)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/27/05 at 3:21 pm

Anniversaries of deaths are always hard... but every year that goes by, we find ourselves leaning more toward celebrating their life than mourning their death...

Stay strong, Mark... God must have needed both of those special people for something very important if he took them back so young...

Written By: Bobby on 03/27/05 at 3:25 pm

Thanks :) I find a kind of double egded sword with the whole matter. The sadness of his AND Blaines deaths, but knowing they're together....

That is a nice thought to keep, Mark.  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 3:33 pm

That is a nice thought to keep, Mark.  ;)
Well, meeting all of the wonderful people I've known in my time here on the boards, has definatly made me feel stronger....most of the time :)

Written By: Bobby on 03/27/05 at 3:35 pm

Well, meeting all of the wonderful people I've known in my time here on the boards, has definatly made me feel stronger....most of the time :)

It has been reciprocated, mate.  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 3:37 pm

Anniversaries of deaths are always hard... but every year that goes by, we find ourselves leaning more toward celebrating their life than mourning their death...

Stay strong, Mark... God must have needed both of those special people for something very important if he took them back so young...
I remember that day so well, it was horrible for all of us but not like Rob's parents. Little did I know at the time that less than a month later I'd know exactly how losing a child feels. Blaine and I were on a run soon before his death and he had tears in his eyes as he asked me why God took Blaine so young. I told him I didn't know...then a few days later as I ran that same run, in Blaines shoes, I wondered the same thing about Blaine :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/27/05 at 8:23 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Mark......I can't even imagine the feeling of losing a child.

Erin

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/27/05 at 8:31 pm

:\'( Thats sad... My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Written By: Tam on 03/27/05 at 10:56 pm

There is always a little comfort in sorrow...
As Rob was laid to rest the comfort was that he would no longer have to feel the pain he was living with.
My prayers are with you Mark ~
And my heart sings for your ability to remain strong in keeping memories of others alive.

:-*

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 10:59 pm

There is always a little comfort in sorrow...
As Rob was laid to rest the comfort was that he would no longer have to feel the pain he was living with.
My prayers are with you Mark ~
And my heart sings for your ability to remain strong in keeping memories of others alive.

:-*
Thanks so much,Tam....Blaine and Rob will live on in my heart and soul....until i finally "See" them again ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 11:03 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Mark......I can't even imagine the feeling of losing a child.

Erin
Feeling SO bewildered when Rob died.....not knowing what to say to his parents..I'd NO idea that I would no exactly how they felt a month later when Blaine was murdered :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 11:04 pm

:\'( Thats sad... My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/27/05 at 11:05 pm

It has been reciprocated, mate.  :D
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...