inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Earthquake in San Jose

Written By: Marian on 03/27/05 at 5:53 pm

We just had a small earthquake in san jose.it felt like a large truck going by but there was slight skaking at the house.probably in the 4s.Othe rthan that,Happy Easter!

Subject: Re: Earthquake in San Jose

Written By: ADH13 on 03/27/05 at 5:55 pm

We just had a small earthquake in san jose.it felt like a large truck going by but there was slight skaking at the house.probably in the 4s.Othe rthan that,Happy Easter!

I felt that, I thought it was just me though!

Written By: Marian on 03/27/05 at 6:00 pm

I felt that, I thought it was just me though!
I know,it was small enough that some trucks could rival it!

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/27/05 at 6:17 pm

Reminds me of an old Johnny Carson quip.

He had the day off. so whoever was running the show called him up and asked "Johnny, How's everything in California?".

Johnny replied:  "It's great.  The mud slides are putting the fires out!"

;D

Written By: Marian on 03/28/05 at 2:18 pm

Reminds me of an old Johnny Carson quip.

He had the day off. so whoever was running the show called him up and asked "Johnny, How's everything in California?".

Johnny replied:  "It's great.  The mud slides are putting the fires out!"

;D
;D ;D ;D ;DThat's funny!Anyway,I was actually in Los Gatos when the quake hit,it was in the 2 range on the scale.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/28/05 at 2:21 pm

Was there an aftershock a couple hours later?

I didn't feel one, but my dogs started acting really strange for a few seconds...

Written By: Marian on 03/28/05 at 2:39 pm

it's possible,but the main quake was only in the 2 range,and aftershocks are smaller.I didn't feel any.It could be that they just don't like quakes.

Written By: Marian on 03/28/05 at 3:28 pm

Holy heck! I'm in San Jose too (suburban area about 3 miles from downtown known as Willow Glen) and didn't feel a thing yesterday. Maybe I was asleep, LOL.

Seriously though, I have been slightly worried about earthquakes since the big '89 quake. I was living near Santa Rosa then and it was the first one I experienced (I'd just barely turned 8 at the time - was at a Safeway supermarket of all places!). Every time I feel a slight shaking in the apartment building here, I admit I do freak a little! ;)

I just hope the Bay Area doesn't have another serious one anytime soon.
???Well it was felt in Los gatos,where i was a t the time,i probably should have said Los gatos earthquake.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/28/05 at 3:33 pm

Holy heck! I'm in San Jose too (suburban area about 3 miles from downtown known as Willow Glen) and didn't feel a thing yesterday. Maybe I was asleep, LOL.

Seriously though, I have been slightly worried about earthquakes since the big '89 quake. I was living near Santa Rosa then and it was the first one I experienced (I'd just barely turned 8 at the time - was at a Safeway supermarket of all places!). Every time I feel a slight shaking in the apartment building here, I admit I do freak a little! ;)

I just hope the Bay Area doesn't have another serious one anytime soon.

In the 89 earthquake I was at the movie theater on Berryessa & Capitol...

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/28/05 at 3:35 pm

^ Yep, I've been to that theatre. What was it like down here at the time?

I've heard from people who lived here then, that it felt more violent than up in the North Bay. In fact, I'm pretty sure the potholes in some roads are still not completely repaired from the quake (I know Santa Cruz was more central to the damage too).

Written By: Marian on 03/28/05 at 3:38 pm

^ I'm only about 6-8 miles from there, so I theoretically should've felt it.

I actually did take a nap from about 11 AM till 4 PM (before I went out to a nice Easter dinner with the parents!), so if it was between those times, I might've missed it.
it was a little after 3 if i remember correctly

Written By: ADH13 on 03/28/05 at 4:07 pm

^ Yep, I've been to that theatre. What was it like down here at the time?

I've heard from people who lived here then, that it felt more violent than up in the North Bay. In fact, I'm pretty sure the potholes in some roads are still not completely repaired from the quake (I know Santa Cruz was more central to the damage too).

Well it was really sad, I was working at that theater at the time (I was only 17) and when the earthquake happened, the power went out so people panicked and ran out of the theaters, a couple ran out of the theaters leaving their babies in strollers inside... and I think a couple got knocked over and trampled in all the chaos...  I was lucky because I had just come back from going behind one of the screens to get supplies, so I happened to have a flashlight in my hand...

Written By: Marian on 03/29/05 at 1:41 pm

Well it was really sad, I was working at that theater at the time (I was only 17) and when the earthquake happened, the power went out so people panicked and ran out of the theaters, a couple ran out of the theaters leaving their babies in strollers inside... and I think a couple got knocked over and trampled in all the chaos...  I was lucky because I had just come back from going behind one of the screens to get supplies, so I happened to have a flashlight in my hand...
I was at home watching the World Seeries

Written By: ADH13 on 03/29/05 at 1:46 pm

Hey Marian, now that the quake is over, and nobody got hurt or anything, we should make this the San Jose thread...

(and watch as New York, Houston, Chicago, etc threads start to sprout up!)  ;D

Written By: Marian on 03/29/05 at 3:07 pm

Hey Marian, now that the quake is over, and nobody got hurt or anything, we should make this the San Jose thread...

(and watch as New York, Houston, Chicago, etc threads start to sprout up!)  ;D
I forgot,where was it actually centered?

Written By: jiminy on 03/29/05 at 3:10 pm

Jerry Lee Lewis
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin'

Come over baby whole lot of shakin' goin' on
Yes I said come over baby baby you can't go wrong
We ain't faken it Whole lot of shakin' goin' on

Well I said come over baby we got chicken in the boarder
oooh... huh.. Come over baby baby got move a little harder
We ain't faken it Whole lot of shakin' goin' on

Well I said shake baby shake
I said shake baby shake
I said shake it baby shake it
I said shake baby shake
Come on over Whole lot of shakin goin' on

Ahhhhh Lets Go !!!

Well I said come over baby we got chicken in the
Barn hoose barn what barn my barn
Come over baby better got to move along
We ain't fake it Whole lot of shakin' goin' on

Easy Now (lower) Shake it Ahhhh... Shake it babe
Yeah.... You can shake one time for me
Well I said come over baby Whole lot of shakin' goin' on
Now lets get real low one time now Shake baby shake
All you gotta honey is kinda stand in one spot
wiggle around just a little bit
thats what you gotta do yeah....
Oh babe whole lotta shakin' goin' on
Now let go one time ( Loud !!!!)

Written By: Marian on 03/30/05 at 3:23 pm

:D :D :D :DFOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!I GOT THE HIPPY HIPPY SHAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...