inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HELP! my cat is ruining my carpets....any advice?????

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/05 at 11:01 pm

To all of you cat lovers...vets....or whatever....I need help!!

I have a cat who is peeing on the carpet......she did this like 4 months ago.....and then she stopped and now she is doing it again...I don't know what her problem is...but it HAS to stop!!!!

Any ideas of what to do to make the madness end???

Erin :)

Subject: Re: HELP! my cat is ruining my carpets....any advice?????

Written By: jiminy on 03/28/05 at 11:02 pm

taxidermy

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/05 at 11:03 pm

taxidermy

I'm serious jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin  :-\\

Written By: Tam on 03/28/05 at 11:06 pm

Lol jiminy!

Good luck with that Erin! I have a cat that insists on having a perfectly clean litter box... if it isnt - he poops on the floor!
The vet says it is a dominance thing but I think it is just that he needs a swift kick in the a** to set him straight! ;D
Only suggestion I can offer: because the cat pee leaves a scent that the cat will continously go to - go buy some Resolve Pet Stain & Odor. It works.....

Good luck

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/05 at 11:07 pm

Lol jiminy!

Good luck with that Erin! I have a cat that insists on having a perfectly clean litter box... if it isnt - he poops on the floor!
The vet says it is a dominance thing but I think it is just that he needs a swift kick in the a** to set him straight!  ;D
Only suggestion I can offer: because the cat pee leaves a scent that the cat will continously go to - go buy some Resolve Pet Stain & Odor. It works.....

Good luck

Thanks Tam!!!

Written By: jiminy on 03/28/05 at 11:07 pm

if it's a male cat it's marking it's territory,  a friend had her cat neutered and it stopped

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/05 at 11:10 pm

if it's a male cat it's marking it's territory,  a friend had her cat neutered and it stopped

well it's a female...she's fixed and everything....she's not very old...a few years....we got her a year ago..she was fine...then I took one litter box away and she started peeing on the carpet....so I put it back...she's been good ever since...until tonight.....I hear a "scratch scratch scratch" sound coming from across the room....I look over and witness her using my carpet as a litterbox.....she knew she did wrong...she's been hiding ever since.....if I get my hands on her...her arse is grass!

Erin  :-\\

Written By: Tam on 03/28/05 at 11:11 pm

Thanks Tam!!!

No prob Erin... the other thing to look into... Check the food you are feeding her and make sure there is minimal phosphorus and magnesium. These can cause crystal type things in cat's bladders and urinary tracts (mostly in males but I have come across a few females) Sometimes these crystals can cause a cat to either have no control over their urination or it will stop them from peeing at all! If she suddenly has to pee real bad but doesnt think she can make it to the litter - she will go to the same spot she last "accidentally" soiled - making you think she is just being lazy or stubborn
;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/05 at 11:12 pm

No prob Erin... the other thing to look into... Check the food you are feeding her and make sure there is minimal phosphorus and magnesium. These can cause crystal type things in cat's bladders and urinary tracts (mostly in males but I have come across a few females) Sometimes these crystals can cause a cat to either have no control over their urination or it will stop them from peeing at all! If she suddenly has to pee real bad but doesnt think she can make it to the litter - she will go to the same spot she last "accidentally" soiled - making you think she is just being lazy or stubborn
;)

thanks again...I will be sure to check that out!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/05 at 11:13 am

Usually when a cat pees somewhere they aren't supposed to is their way of telling you something is wrong. I had a cat who used to do that whenever she had a bladder infection (which was quite frenquently  ::)). My advice is to take her to the vet. There may be a medical problem for this. Unfortunately, once cat urine is imbedding in a carpet it is almost impossible to remove the aroma. And once that aroma is there, cats will have a tendicy of thinking because it was used once before, it can be used again-especially if something is wrong. Deep cleaning may help-like with those machines you can rent from supermarkets. Also, cats don't like citrus so you may want to use some kind of lemon or orange scented cleaner on it. But again, TAKE HER TO THE VET. It may be something serious.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/29/05 at 11:11 pm

thanks cat!!!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/31/05 at 11:48 pm

Give the precious to me.  :)

~Beth

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/05 at 11:53 pm

Have you considered floorboards not carpets for the boards are easier to wipe clean, than having to lather on hoover the carpets?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/31/05 at 11:55 pm

She could do that....

or.

Just give the lovely to me...

I love Anna more than she does

She is completely pink and white.

how precious!

~Beth

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/16/05 at 8:48 am

I hope you're aware that beings you are away for the weekend, and leaving Anna and the carpet all by themselves.....that she is probably squating as I type this.

Just a friendly reminder. :)

Now give the lovely to me.

~Beth

Written By: AL-B on 04/16/05 at 2:50 pm

Get a dog!  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/05 at 2:54 pm

Get a Budgie!

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/16/05 at 2:56 pm

Get a Budgie!

Well, just don't turn to stone if you do. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/16/05 at 2:57 pm

How about "kitty diapers"?  :D

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 04/16/05 at 4:52 pm

Yeah . . . Kill it.  ;D 

I'm joking Erin.  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/17/05 at 10:19 am

Idea?

When you put the cat out at night, sort of, do not open the door in the morning.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/17/05 at 10:23 am

Idea?

When you put the cat out at night, sort of, do not open the door in the morning.

Because she is declawed and Erin doesn't want to put her outside, because she has never been outside before. She hasn't peed on the floor for a while now, so maybe she is getting the hint that Erin means business.  ;)

~Beth :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/17/05 at 10:25 am

Because she is declawed and Erin doesn't want to put her outside, because she has never been outside before. She hasn't peed on the floor for a while now, so maybe she is getting the hint that Erin means business.  ;)
~Beth :)
You mean to say the cat has finally got the message?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/17/05 at 10:26 am

You mean to say the cat has finally got the message?

I hope so, or she will be sent packing  :)

~Beth

Written By: jiminy on 04/17/05 at 2:39 pm

Get a Budgie!

How about a Canary?

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/humour/images/53bird.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/17/05 at 2:52 pm

How about a Canary?

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/humour/images/53bird.jpg
Is it house-trained?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/17/05 at 4:56 pm

well guys...

the cat has not been peeing on the carpets (knock on wood) in a few weeks........I hope she is over her little problem.....no..I would never put her outside...she is an indoor cat..as is my other one.

Written By: jiminy on 04/17/05 at 8:31 pm

Is it house-trained?

I suggest you lay newspapers on the floors  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/20/05 at 8:56 pm

Well...I am back. :-\\  Ok...here's a new problem..and I think it has to do with our Christmas decorations or something because this has not started until after we decorated. My same cat from before...is now puking all over the house...and this morning...she peed right in front of the door instead of in her litterbox. :-\\  I know I should take her to the vet, but I cannot afford that right now...I can't even afford to take myself to the doctors (no insurance), let alone my cat.

Any hints on how to keep them away from the tree, etc?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/20/05 at 9:29 pm

Well...I am back. :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/20/05 at 10:15 pm

Let me tell you something.

Earlier this year I bought a house.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/20/05 at 10:28 pm

Wow...I really sympathize with you....I know how much of a pain in the arse all of that is, to get rid of the smell, etc.  The thing about it is...she has not done anything like this in a long time....and I don't know why she is doing is again...but it all seemed to start when we put the Christmas decorations up....all I can say is that we are taking them down promptly after Christmas is over...and then I will see if that does the trick.

Check for new replies or respond here...