inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Keychain:other than keys,what's on yours?

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/02/05 at 2:08 am

pink and silver crown
'princess' logo in pink and silver
brushed silver and gold 'M'
tiny plastic head from my 'ktelqueen' replica girl my sister gave me whose body broke off    :D ;D

Subject: Re: Keychain:other than keys,what's on yours?

Written By: ADH13 on 04/02/05 at 2:10 am

purple flashlight
rubbery las vegas keychain

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/02/05 at 2:12 am

I collect keychains.  8)

The one I'm using right now is from Greece...features one of the Greek gods (I'm not sure which).

I also have my daughter's Spring school picture on there.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 04/02/05 at 3:12 am

A picture of my girlfriend, her son and myself on the log flume at Peurto Aventura in Spain. I also have a keyring with a picture of HHH from WWE too.

Written By: NbC on 04/02/05 at 3:47 am

Sorry, all I have are keys and the little gadget that unlocks the car door automatically.  Whatever that is called. 

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/02/05 at 6:31 am

Cards (Library, Video, ID) thats it... hate bulky keys weighing down the pants

Written By: gemini61 on 04/02/05 at 6:46 am

All those stupid cards you have to use at grocery stores to get the sale items. I always thought that was such a rip off. Just put it on sale already!  :( 

Written By: nally on 04/02/05 at 12:41 pm

On my keychain, the only "non-key" thing is a rubber football-shaped plaque from the hardware store where my uncle works. When he gave it to me, in 1997, it was white...it's turned purple over the years. :P

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/02/05 at 1:53 pm

A purple Beer opener with 'Cape Cod' on it
A Purple Caribiner(That thing you're not supposed to use for Rock climbing)
A white beer opener from UC lending
The remnants of what used to be a mini purple etch a sketch
A SCION logo
A Black felt heart
A mini stop N Shop Card (from Mass.)
A mini pathmark Card

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/02/05 at 2:25 pm

A purple Beer opener with 'Cape Cod' on it
A Purple Caribiner
A white beer opener from UC lending
The remnants of what used to be a mini purple etch a sketch
A SCION logo
A Black felt heart
A mini stop N Shop Card (from Mass.)
A mini pathmark Card

i'm guessing you enjoy purple  ;)..i have a red etch-a-sketch along with a viewmaster but they're slightly too big to deal with  :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/02/05 at 2:35 pm

King Soopers and Albertsons cards...My orinal Honda logo ring from my 1979 Honda Accord. Those and my keys are all attached to Blaines key ring he made at school in 2000. After Blaines death I was using it but my ex said "You know that was in his pocket when he died?" ...so feeling bad, I put the ring away. About a year ago though, a friend of mine said I should use it and that way I'd not only think of him when I had it with me but also that I'd never lose my keys! Well, I think of him AND I never have lost my keys :)

Written By: Billy Florio on 04/02/05 at 3:43 pm

i have a keychain collection....

but, none of them are on my keychain where my keys are located.....that one is a double I had...its a Blockbuster keyring

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/02/05 at 4:58 pm

King Soopers and Albertsons cards...My orinal Honda logo ring from my 1979 Honda Accord. Those and my keys are all attached to Blaines key ring he made at school in 2000. After Blaines death I was using it but my ex said "You know that was in his pocket when he died?" ...so feeling bad, I put the ring away. About a year ago though, a friend of mine said I should use it and that way I'd not only think of him when I had it with me but also that I'd never lose my keys! Well, I think of him AND I never have lost my keys :)

that's awesome,Mark  :)

Written By: Apricot on 04/02/05 at 5:17 pm

Let's see... I have this flashlight thing I won {pretty useful and works well, actually} and a keychain thing from Ireland with my name on.

Written By: Techno383 on 04/02/05 at 5:18 pm

a scion logo
a medic alert tag

Written By: PaperGirl on 04/02/05 at 8:48 pm

I have a PetCo card...2 Grocery cards...a silver unicorn, a smart ass thing from Spencers..."Everyones entitled to be stupid...but you're abusing the privelege."  and a Union Jack..

Oh, and the door locker...and mail box key

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/02/05 at 10:14 pm

I have one of those key holders that warns you not to rock climb with them

....it's hunter green....and it hangs well on your beltloop. *realizes that was irrelevant to the topic*

~Beth

Written By: MLB on 04/03/05 at 3:29 pm

2 plastic lanyards: 1 aqua green and blue and 2 metallic silver and metallic blue.
2 old keychains from "LA Gear" shoes, one says save the whales and one is just their logo.
I also have discount cards for two grocery stores. Plus one beadie buddy gecko-- Can't remember the color.

Written By: AngeliK on 04/03/05 at 3:30 pm

I have a round your neck thingy....and my key, thats it...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/03/05 at 3:43 pm

that's awesome,Mark  :)
Thanks, Maria ;)

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/03/05 at 3:44 pm

Thanks, Maria ;)

;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/03/05 at 3:51 pm

I have a University of Chicago medallion, and one of those 256-megabyte flash drive thingies to back up my computer.  :P

Written By: AL-B on 04/03/05 at 5:17 pm

All I have besides keys is an old, rusty bottle opener with the logo from the "Licher" brewery that I got about 15 years ago while I was in Germany. I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/03/05 at 8:37 pm

i have my car keychain that locks/unlocks the doors,etc...I have a blue football bottle opener that Chris gave me when we were first dating...and misc keys

Erin :)

Written By: ShortCake on 04/03/05 at 9:18 pm

my keys come with .. a nissan key ring ( i love my nissans) a phototag with pics of the kids in it.. a keyring that says Product of Drunken Parents and a England keyring a friend bought me while on her trip of a lifetime.. :)

Written By: jackas on 04/03/05 at 9:51 pm

My car alarm remote.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/03/05 at 10:38 pm

A metal clip and a chain, that's about it.  ;D

Written By: Gis on 04/04/05 at 3:51 am

My work keys have:
A metal Mr Happy dancing that all the paint has come off.
An enamal pooh and piglet
An enamel Elmer the elephant
A piece of chainmail
An Irish penny
A sentinal fob so they can be returned to me if I loose them
and A bottle opener.

My home keys just have a wooden 'G' keyring.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/04/05 at 5:13 am

A 7 inch serated blade

Actually not much at all.. on the key chain is.. The front door key, the back door key, a key to Gorm's Flat, the key to my bike chain, a bottle opener and my old school I.D Card which i may as well take off there.. just never have.

Written By: karen on 04/04/05 at 5:21 am

My work keys have a small Swiss Army knife of them.

My car keys has a fob from ATR, some aerospace company at a guess (freebie my husband got).  It has a globe which you can spin around in the middle of it.

my house keys live on a keyring in my purse.

I noticed quite of few people mentioned having loyalty cards on their key rings.  They have only just been introduced in that format here and I haven't swapped any of mine yet.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/04/05 at 5:23 am

My work keys have a small Swiss Army knife of them.

My car keys has a fob from ATR, some aerospace company at a guess (freebie my husband got).  It has a globe which you can spin around in the middle of it.

my house keys live on a keyring in my purse.

I noticed quite of few people mentioned having loyalty cards on their key rings.  They have only just been introduced in that format here and I haven't swapped any of mine yet.

3 sets of keys?  :o I have trouble finding one set, let alone 3  ;D

Written By: karen on 04/04/05 at 5:36 am

3 sets of keys?  :o I have trouble finding one set, let alone 3  ;D

The house set is always in my money purse.  my work keys live in an inside pocket in my bag (unless I at work).  my car keys are either in my coat pocket or bag when I'm out or on a hook at home.  I learnt to keep things in set places and I'm screwed if I don't keep to the routine.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/04/05 at 5:38 am

Must be a man thing (always losing keys)  ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 04/04/05 at 6:11 am

A piece of thick round leather embossed with an 'A' that I've had since I was 15  :)

Written By: Bobby on 04/04/05 at 6:12 am

A piece of thick round leather embossed with an 'A' that I've had since I was 15  :)

I nearly asked what does the 'A' stand for, Mandamoo, lol. The brain has gone for a walk.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 04/04/05 at 6:22 am

The house set is always in my money purse.  my work keys live in an inside pocket in my bag (unless I at work).  my car keys are either in my coat pocket or bag when I'm out or on a hook at home.  I learnt to keep things in set places and I'm screwed if I don't keep to the routine.

I'm with you on this.  If I don't hang my keys up right away I end up tearing the house apart.  I
have to have spares of everything. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/04/05 at 11:19 am

I think that is a very sweet thing to do Mark.....that way it will remind you of him everytime you use them!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/04/05 at 11:33 am

Must be a man thing (always losing keys)  ;D

I lose my keys (and wallet) alot!  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/04/05 at 12:27 pm

Cool!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/05 at 1:51 pm

Just keys on mine!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/04/05 at 2:28 pm

I think that is a very sweet thing to do Mark.....that way it will remind you of him everytime you use them!

;)

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/05 at 5:35 pm

I now have my library barcode ticket attached as a key-ring and a metallic keyring shaped as a heart-shaped key with a red maple-leaf on it and 'Canada' written beneath it.  :)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/02/05 at 5:38 pm

a large gold eblem thing with a 'm' on it which was given by an aunty when they went abroad

Written By: Zella on 06/03/05 at 1:31 am

A small manicure knife that belonged to my late grandfather, with his name engraved on it...

Written By: Howard on 06/03/05 at 4:16 pm

nothing but keys

Written By: whistledog on 10/09/06 at 8:48 pm

I don't like carrying my keys in my pocket, so I keep my keys on a Colorado Rockies keychain thing that I hang around my neck

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/09/06 at 8:51 pm

I had this cute metal kitty cat...but Chris threw my keys once and it busted... :-\\  So, I have this bright blue keychain that resembles those clip things that rock climbers use....and a few little key chain shopper cards....that's about it.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/09/06 at 10:28 pm

Keychain library card, paperclip, pin.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/09/06 at 10:32 pm

A keychain that reads "Jamaican Me CRAZY!"

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/09/06 at 11:17 pm

A gold "2000" key chain I got when I graduated from high school, an anchor, a letter "B" and the Yankee logo.

Written By: Wiffle on 10/10/06 at 12:33 am

Mine has keys, and the car remote. Then I have a clip with all my "loyalty card" thingies. I also have a little round disc screwdriver with four different bits on it. I scored that when the sheriff was arresting a suspect in our driveway (just luck of the draw, no one we knew) and someone's keys were left on the trunk of my car. I tried to turn them in but they didn't want them so I scored a cool screwdriver which I've been carrying for over 20 years.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/10/06 at 7:08 am

I have a blue football bottle opener that Chris gave me when we were first dating...and misc keys

Isn't THAT romantic? ;D

I have keys, various store "value cards", my library card (like the store cards), and "the clicker" for the doors, but the keychain itself is one of those that comes apart so I have house keys on one side and the car key on the other.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/10/06 at 7:10 am

I had this cute metal kitty cat...but Chris threw my keys once and it busted... :-\\  So, I have this bright blue keychain that resembles those clip things that rock climbers use....and a few little key chain shopper cards....that's about it.
For future reference, that's called a carabiner (it's easier and more fun to say than "clip thing" ;)).....and for those who don't know, the thing that hangs around your neck is a lanyard :)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/10/06 at 7:19 am

A thing that beeps when I clap my hands so I can find them when I misplace them, which is something I do with regularity.  ::)

Written By: karen on 10/10/06 at 8:16 am

My work keys have a swiss army knife and a little loop thing advertsing my union

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/10/06 at 9:29 am

Grocery cards and a Mickey Mouse

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/10/06 at 10:41 am

Grocery cards and a pink tiara keychain.  I also have one of those separators for house and car keys.  It comes in really handy when you take your car to be serviced.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/06 at 10:44 am

For future reference, that's called a carabiner (it's easier and more fun to say than "clip thing" ;)).....and for those who don't know, the thing that hangs around your neck is a lanyard :)

see..ya learn something new everyday...I never knew what they were called..and now I do. ;D

Written By: KKay on 10/10/06 at 12:07 pm

large stuffed killer whale.

i only carry 4 keys.

Written By: Southern Image on 10/10/06 at 4:28 pm

My daughters photo

Written By: DJ Midas on 10/10/06 at 8:31 pm

A pic of Trippydish's kid, some VIP keychain cards from Fry's, ZIA Record Exchange and PetSmart and a tab thingy that has my initials engraved in it.

Written By: spaceace on 10/10/06 at 9:46 pm

I have a mini flashlight with Happy Bunny.  I also have my best friend's picture, and a small John Deer tractor. (A gift from my dad) :)

Written By: Jessica on 10/10/06 at 10:36 pm

Just my little San Francisco Zoo keychain that the hubs bought me when we were first going out.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 10/10/06 at 10:42 pm

Lots of bottle openers.  Never know when I'll need them.

Written By: KKay on 10/10/06 at 10:59 pm

i used to have this big super magnet...but it caused me all kinds of problems ...
in my pockets.

Written By: whistledog on 07/28/07 at 11:09 pm

I just got one of these ...

http://superdairyboy.com/pictures/basicfun/new_game_pics/games_being_played/barrel%20of%20monkeys.jpg

A miniature Barrel of Monkeys game in keychain form complete with twist off cap that contains 13 red plastic mini monkeys inside.  I found it at a sidewalk sale outside of "Grand & Toy".  They also had several other keychains ... 'Trouble', 'Ouija Board', and 'Twister' (which comes with working spinner and a pop open case containing the coloured dots).  I only opted for Barrel of Monkeys, but I should have gotten them all

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/07 at 9:50 am

It has been YEARS since I have even carried keys. I don't drive anymore so I don't need a car key. We RARELY lock our doors-only if we are going away for a while and Carlos carries the house key. I do have a set of keys somewhere around here (I think I know where they are). But, my keychain has my name (yes, my REAL name) written in wood. I do have a key to my car (that is rusting in the backyard), a key to the house. A key to my mother's house & a key to my father's house. They have been on there for so long that I don't know if either one of my parents changed their locks. They may or may not work. And, a handcuff key. (Don't ask. )

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 07/29/07 at 2:13 pm

To update mine:

The car key/alarm setup
House key
Mailbox key
Key to our fire safe
Another house key because I locked myself out a few weeks ago and had to go to the office to get a spare. ::)
File drawer key
Brinks key for our giant padlock
A house key for my parent's house

As for keychains, I still have my San Francisco Zoo keychain and an Amish Country keychain from southern Indiana.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/29/07 at 4:36 pm

Two pig keychains, two tiara keychains, and a butterfly.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/29/07 at 5:09 pm

I've got the "Value Cards" from two grocery stores and a Swiss Army Knife. 

Check for new replies or respond here...