inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: random shoes....head diving birds..and other "in the car" oddities

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/06/05 at 11:26 am

It always seems like when I am driving...I stumble across something very random...such as...

it never seems to fail...ususally once a day I will be driving along the highway or just a regular road...and glance to the side of the road...and what do I see..but a random shoe..or sometimes even a pair of shoes.....am I the only person that sees this? I just often wonder why....like how did it get there? I could understand maybe if I had only seen one or two random shoes in my lifetime on the side of a road...but I literally see random shoes ALL the TIME!

What could be the reasoning for this? alien abductions? kidnapping escapees? enlighten me please!

ALSO....
over the past week....there have been 3 occasions where birds have literally taken a nose-dive right into my car..resulting in their death....what? can't they see my car...or are there just more birds suffering from depression.....I am so perplexed! LOL!

Have any of you have similiar things happen to you or any other really odd things happen while driving??

ERin :)

Subject: Re: random shoes....head diving birds..and other "in the car" oddities

Written By: jiminy on 04/06/05 at 11:30 am

Does roadkill count? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/06/05 at 11:38 am

no because that is something that is always there...I am talking about things that are more random....things that make you wonder why they would be there.

Erin :)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/06/05 at 12:27 pm

in my town someone started throwing laced up pairs of shoes on the power lines. now, one area of downtown is decorated with numerous pairs of dangling runners. on the slanted roof of the local homeless shelter is a pair of crutches that's been there for two years!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/06/05 at 3:30 pm

It always seems like when I am driving...I stumble across something very random...such as...

it never seems to fail...ususally once a day I will be driving along the highway or just a regular road...and glance to the side of the road...and what do I see..but a random shoe..or sometimes even a pair of shoes.....am I the only person that sees this? I just often wonder why....like how did it get there? I could understand maybe if I had only seen one or two random shoes in my lifetime on the side of a road...but I literally see random shoes ALL the TIME!

What could be the reasoning for this? alien abductions? kidnapping escapees? enlighten me please!

ALSO....
over the past week....there have been 3 occasions where birds have literally taken a nose-dive right into my car..resulting in their death....what? can't they see my car...or are there just more birds suffering from depression.....I am so perplexed! LOL!

Have any of you have similiar things happen to you or any other really odd things happen while driving??

ERin :)

Erin, you discussed this with me wayy too long this morning...at 6:00!!!!......it's becoming an obsession....I'm sure there is a perfectly good explaination for all of this madness...chaos....ANARCHY!!!

I think the birds that CONSTANTLY smack into your window and die is something you should really be worried about....

~Beth ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/06/05 at 4:45 pm

Stupid Nazi birds....*shakes fist in air*

~Beth

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/06/05 at 4:48 pm

I did find a bird in my car, but it was already dead before I could do anything. :(

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/06/05 at 4:51 pm

I did find a bird in my car, but it was already dead before I could do anything. :(

Birds are creepy, I'm sorry.

my school went to the aviary a couple of weeks ago.....I was FREAKING OUT everytime they would walk towards me....I was even threatening to kick them in the head if they came too close *cringes*

~Beth

Written By: gemini61 on 04/06/05 at 7:15 pm

my school went to the aviary a couple of weeks ago.....I was FREAKING OUT everytime they would walk towards me....I was even threatening to kick them in the head if they came too close *cringes*

~Beth

I agree. Birds freak me out too! Last summer a bird got in our house through a pipe on the roof. All I kept thinking about was the d@mn "Birds" movie. I kept picturing it dive bombing right for my head and getting stuck in my hair and . . . . . . ohhhhh, I'm freaking out again!  :P 

Written By: jaytee on 04/06/05 at 7:24 pm

On the way to the local shopping centre there have been clothes scattered along the nature strip for the last few months.  Everytime I see them I wonder how they got there.  I keep thinking it might have been a couple going on holiday, they started fighting and someone started throwing clothes out the car window  ???

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/06/05 at 7:29 pm

Yes, when wild birds are inside anything, they can get pretty violent. We've had a few of them stuck in furnace chutes, laundry chutes, fireplaces and crawlspaces. And they'll do anything when they are finally unstuck and attack the first thing they see before the door is opened.  ::)

~Beth

Written By: jaytee on 04/06/05 at 7:30 pm

Doesn't a bird flying into your house mean that you're going to have a baby?  :o

Written By: ADH13 on 04/06/05 at 7:31 pm

Heh.  I have kind of a strange sense of humor... I have been known to PUT oddball things on the side of the road (and in other populated areas) just to make people like you wonder how it got there.  :)

One thing I wanted to do, but never got up the nerve, was:

On the highway signs, right before the exit, if there is a hotel/motel nearby, the sign will have a picture of a bed with a stick-figure laying in it.  I always wanted to either tape or draw a female stick figure straddled over the stick figure... but it's not worth being charged with vandalism..

Written By: gemini61 on 04/06/05 at 7:34 pm

Doesn't a bird flying into your house mean that you're going to have a baby?  :o

I sure hope not  :o 

Written By: jaytee on 04/06/05 at 8:14 pm

I sure hope not   :o   

;D  Sorry didn't mean to scare ya!

Written By: C.NOIZE on 04/06/05 at 9:00 pm

I once saw a carpet alongside the road.  Not just any carpet, but the kind that are in cars in front of every seat.  Now I can't see why someone would throw a perfectly good carpet into a cornfield, presumeably whilst driving down the road.

Either they just got tired of their carpet and thought, "Hey, why don't I just throw this hideous carpet out the window, while maneuvering my vehicle to avoid an accident;" OR, they must have been drunk.  I guess we'll never know.  :-\\

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/06/05 at 9:26 pm

When I was in New Mexico this past summer two huge birds, not sure what type, were heading straight for the van I was in and at the last second went a little higher and avoided us. Both were within five minutes from each other and both times everyone in the van jumped including the driver.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/06/05 at 10:58 pm

I once saw a carpet alongside the road.  Not just any carpet, but the kind that are in cars in front of every seat.  Now I can't see why someone would throw a perfectly good carpet into a cornfield, presumeably whilst driving down the road.

Either they just got tired of their carpet and thought, "Hey, why don't I just throw this hideous carpet out the window, while maneuvering my vehicle to avoid an accident;" OR, they must have been drunk.  I guess we'll never know.  :-\\

hahahaaa...that is so funny....now that's what I am talking about!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/06/05 at 11:11 pm

i saw a bird once that was dead but it looked just like a mini penguin....

go figure!

Written By: karen on 04/07/05 at 6:06 am

I sometimes see random items in the road on or the roadside.  I recently saw an OS map of the area when I was cycling home.  My husband used to cycle 16 or so miles to work and regularly picked stuff up like spanners, tyre levers and things.

In some places dumping is a problem so it's not uncommon to see a sofa or a bed at the side of the road.  I can't work out why people take the trouble to drive out into the countryside to dump stuff when the local tip is probably closer

Written By: jaytee on 04/07/05 at 8:04 am

Maybe they were just really hot ??? ;)

Well they must have been wearing lots and lots of clothes.  The clothes strewn along the road went for kilometres  :o

Written By: whitewolf on 04/07/05 at 8:32 am

I have seen lots of things along the highway, most could be explained, like people forgetting things on top of the car.

but i have even seen men's underwear on the side of the road, not sure how that would get there.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/07/05 at 9:42 am

ok...just an update...

2 more birds attempted a nose dive into my car this morning!!!

ARGHHHH...I hate that!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/07/05 at 9:55 am

ok...just an update...

ARGHHHH...I hate that!

*cue indian music* maybe you have bad karma. one of your past lifes took great enjoyment in tormenting birds. make peace with the birds, restore the cosmic balance....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/07/05 at 9:57 am

it must be something...because it is beginning to be an everyday happening....and it's really gross and annoying!

Written By: karen on 04/07/05 at 10:20 am

Erin

Is your car a funny colour or something?  I've hardly ever had my car attacked by birds in the 18 years I've been driving.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/07/05 at 2:01 pm

ok...just an update...

ARGHHHH...I hate that!

...I didn't wanna tell you this...*pause*....but it was I that has summoned all of the birds directly... from HELL....

...sorry you had to find out like this

~Theb

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/07/05 at 4:52 pm

Hey remember when you and mom were in Pittsburgh *or something like that* and that homless dude stood in front of your car and waved then pointed to the sky..

..One time I was with mom in the car and a homeless guy *not the same one* walked by our car and made a gun with his fingers and walked away.

what are you getting at beth???

WELL...

what i'm saying is.....Birds are drawn to you....
Homeless men are drawn to mom...

...I'd say you got the better end of the deal.

~Beth

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/07/05 at 5:02 pm

Last year during winter at my bus stop there was a dead rabbit on my street, I'm guessing it's death was from a car, but it had no marks at all on it. I had always wanting to go rabbit hunting so I could skin it and get its fur, but my dad always said if I killed an animal I'd have to eat the meat. So, this was my chance and before my bus came I threw it into the grass, and since it was so cold it preserved the body until I got home. After school I got it and skinned it with my pocket knife in my garage, without having to eat the meat.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/07/05 at 5:05 pm

Gross, dude.

I know, but I still have the fur in my room.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/07/05 at 5:06 pm

Last year during winter at my bus stop there was a dead rabbit on my street, I'm guessing it's death was from a car, but it had no marks at all on it. I had always wanting to go rabbit hunting so I could skin it and get its fur, but my dad always said if I killed an animal I'd have to eat the meat. So, this was my chance and before my bus came I threw it into the grass, and since it was so cold it preserved the body until I got home. After school I got it and skinned it with my pocket knife in my garage, without having to eat the meat.

there's a fine line between being a redneck and not being a redneck. eating that roadkill would have granted you instant membership...

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/07/05 at 5:07 pm

there's a fine line between being a redneck and not being a redneck. eating that roadkill would have granted you instant membership...

I would never eat road kill. :P

Written By: AngeliK on 04/07/05 at 5:08 pm

that is so totally disgusting!

Written By: jiminy on 04/07/05 at 5:11 pm

did it look something like this? ???

Written By: AngeliK on 04/07/05 at 5:14 pm

ewwwwwwwww

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/07/05 at 5:19 pm

Kind of, except it looks like that person gutted it and chopped the head off. I just took the fur off.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/07/05 at 8:58 pm

wow.....wow....AHH!!!!!

~Beth :o

Written By: Howard on 04/08/05 at 3:35 pm

:P *vomit*

Written By: jiminy on 04/08/05 at 3:39 pm

:P *vomit*

I've got a little bunny rabbit!
I'm going to hold him, and pet him, and hug him,
and squeeze him, and I will call him "George"

Written By: AL-B on 04/08/05 at 3:56 pm

This will probably weird you out but I swear it's true: Several years ago I was at a friend's house and he had this book written by an anonymous author that actually was an instruction manual on how to be a professional contract killer. At first I thought it was a joke but as I read on I could tell that this guy knew what he was talking about and covered every last minute detail that might get someone caught. It sent chills up my spine but it was also utterly fascinating.
       What does this have to do with the shoes? Well, one of the instructions he had was to buy a brand-new pair of sneakers before the "job" and not to put them on until just before you get to the target's house. (This way the cops can't find any soil that might trace you back to your hometown.) He then went on to say that after the "job" was complete, you're supposed to drive out of town and when no one is around, to throw one of the sneakers out the window, and to dispose of the second one later on, the key is keeping them separate. 
      Are there a lot of mob hits in your area? Who knows. But it's just one theory I thought I'd offer up.

Written By: jiminy on 04/08/05 at 4:02 pm

This will probably weird you out but I swear it's true: Several years ago I was at a friend's house and he had this book written by an anonymous author that actually was an instruction manual on how to be a professional contract killer. At first I thought it was a joke but as I read on I could tell that this guy knew what he was talking about and covered every last minute detail that might get someone caught. It sent chills up my spine but it was also utterly fascinating.
       What does this have to do with the shoes? Well, one of the instructions he had was to buy a brand-new pair of sneakers before the "job" and not to put them on until just before you get to the target's house. (This way the cops can't find any soil that might trace you back to your hometown.) He then went on to say that after the "job" was complete, you're supposed to drive out of town and when no one is around, to throw one of the sneakers out the window, and to dispose of the second one later on, the key is keeping them separate. 
       Are there a lot of mob hits in your area? Who knows. But it's just one theory I thought I'd offer up.

I read a forensics book that went into detail on how to cover up a killing

Written By: AL-B on 04/08/05 at 4:05 pm

I read a forensics book that went into detail on how to cover up a killing
All right, where's Jimmy Hoffa then?!?  ;D

Written By: jiminy on 04/08/05 at 4:06 pm

All right, where's Jimmy Hoffa then?!?  ;D

they must of read the book too   ;D

Written By: AL-B on 04/08/05 at 4:11 pm

Actually I know where he is--they chopped him up into really tiny bits and they're slowly disposing of the body by putting one little piece of him at a time into Wendy's chili.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: jiminy on 04/08/05 at 4:18 pm

Actually I know where he is--they chopped him up into really tiny bits and they're slowly disposing of the body by putting one little piece of him at a time into Wendy's chili.  ;D ;D ;D

why the new avatar?

Written By: AL-B on 04/08/05 at 4:21 pm

why the new avatar?
I was on hiatus for a while, I can switch back.

Written By: AL-B on 04/08/05 at 4:24 pm

That better?  ;)

Written By: jiminy on 04/08/05 at 4:27 pm

That better?  ;)

play some Jerry Lee Lewis, it's dying in here   ;D

Written By: AL-B on 04/08/05 at 4:29 pm

play some Jerry Lee Lewis, it's dying in here   ;D
We ain't fakin', whole lotta shakin' goin' on!

Written By: jiminy on 04/08/05 at 4:32 pm

We ain't fakin', whole lotta shakin' goin' on!
Great Balls of Fire!

Written By: MLB on 04/10/05 at 2:39 pm

We have had soooo much extra rain in California right now that all the little wild butterflies are going kamakazee and splatting into cars and busses because they lack the wherewithall to fly higher and avoid colliding! They all seem to be travelling North too so eastbound traffic is truly a hit and miss affair.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/10/05 at 3:06 pm

Erin, F.Y.I....I saw but yet another pair of shoes today.......how random

~Theb

Written By: shiprunner12 on 04/10/05 at 3:10 pm

There's a farm about a quarter of a mile outside my development that always has a bunch of kittens running around, and today there were two of them dead on the side of the road. It was pretty gross.

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/10/05 at 3:30 pm

I'm not a driver but I have seen my fair share of strange things lying outside.
For the past month pairs of women's panties have been showing up in the front of my apartment building.
I'm hoping that this is the result of some little kid messing around.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/10/05 at 3:36 pm

I'm not a driver but I have seen my fair share of strange things lying outside.
For the past month pairs of women's panties have been showing up in the front of my apartment building.
I'm hoping that this is the result of some little kid messing around.

...that's really odd....is it like an everyday occurrence??

~Beth

Written By: ADH13 on 04/10/05 at 3:51 pm

~Beth

Be warned, Beth... if you go to NY, and if my memory serves me correctly, you will be sharing the sidewalk with many pigeons...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/10/05 at 3:52 pm

Be warned, Beth... if you go to NY, and if my memory serves me correctly, you will be sharing the sidewalk with many pigeons...

Just HOW many pigeons are we talkin here?

~Beth  :o

Written By: ADH13 on 04/10/05 at 3:55 pm

Just HOW many pigeons are we talkin here?

~Beth  :o

you might wanna ask Nullandvoid or Howard... they still live in NYC.. it's been many years for me.. but I can recall walking around downtown manhattan and the hungry pigeons would be running alongside me, hoping I would feed them.. they aren't afraid of people, they will come right up to you and eat out of your hand..  ive never heard of one hurting anybody though...

also im not sure if the pigeons hang around uptown or midtown... i can only remember them being downtown in the business district...

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/10/05 at 8:52 pm

...that's really odd....is it like an everyday occurrence??

~Beth

I've noticed it about 6 or 7 times in a span of three weeks. I see them in the morning when I  go to buy the newspaper. Then they're usually gone by the afternoon. My theory is that they're a tossed out at night.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/10/05 at 8:55 pm

I've noticed it about 6 or 7 times in a span of three weeks. I see them in the morning when I  go to buy the newspaper. Then they're usually gone by the afternoon. My theory is that they're a tossed out at night.

That's sooo weird!

I have another oddity that happened tonight....too much to type...I am too slow..Erin will post it when she comes on...for it happened when they both of us were out tonight.

~Beth

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/10/05 at 8:57 pm

you might wanna ask Nullandvoid or Howard... they still live in NYC.. it's been many years for me.. but I can recall walking around downtown manhattan and the hungry pigeons would be running alongside me, hoping I would feed them.. they aren't afraid of people, they will come right up to you and eat out of your hand..  ive never heard of one hurting anybody though...

also im not sure if the pigeons hang around uptown or midtown... i can only remember them being downtown in the business district...

Those flying rats are smart! Though I will see the occasional family of pigeons downtown, those mf's like hanging crowded places. Why? People are always dropping edible stuff and there are lots of heads for target practice.

Columbus Circle and The Port Authority are Pigeon Heaven!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/11/05 at 9:41 am

ok...here I am...I will enlighten you all about the oddity that happened to myself and Beth.....

Last night we were following behind my dad's jeep..we were all heading over to the driving range to hit some golf balls....anyway...up ahead in the road I noticed that a telephone pole/wires were laying down in the middle of the road....just as I exclaimed to Beth, "look at those wires in the middle of the road"...I noticed what had caused them to be there.

There was this red convertible sports car literally upside down with all of it's contents dumped all over the road.....the driver had hit the telephone pole, knocked it and all of the wires down and then flipped the car totally over. Then .....all of a sudden the guy who was in the wreck started walking all around his car in a bumbling manner. My dad asked him what happened and I believe he was in shock because he didn't even know how to answer...he just said something like," I don't know...I just swerved off of the road".....I am not sure if the guy had been drinking, etc....but he had a few scratches and blood on him but he was up walking around all over the place......we called 911 and the emergency team was already on their way..

that was very odd to see.

Erin

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/18/05 at 11:58 pm

I saw something really odd today...just thought I would share it with you.

We were down in Pittsburgh, in what is called the "Strip District" (not what you think).....it's pretty cool, in the mornings there are TONS of vendors with their goods all along the streets..etc...anyways, these kind of things ALWAYS attract some very strange rangers....so....we were driving through there as things were wrapping up....and I happen to glance over and what do I see?  There is this middle-aged, nearing old age guy and he is wearing a tight pair of spandex, very high heels, and lipstick...and he was having a very difficult time walking in those heels.....it just struck me as really funny because he didn't look like the "drag queen" type! LOL!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/19/05 at 12:01 am

I saw something really odd today...just thought I would share it with you.

We were down in Pittsburgh, in what is called the "Strip District" (not what you think).....it's pretty cool, in the mornings there are TONS of vendors with their goods all along the streets..etc...anyways, these kind of things ALWAYS attract some very strange rangers....so....we were driving through there as things were wrapping up....and I happen to glance over and what do I see?  There is this middle-aged, nearing old age guy and he is wearing a tight pair of spandex, very high heels, and lipstick...and he was having a very difficult time walking in those heels.....it just struck me as really funny because he didn't look like the "drag queen" type! LOL!

And you didn't take a picture to post??!!!  :o
I would have very oddly loved to have seen that!!!!

~Beth

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/19/05 at 12:03 am

ya, no...I didn't have my camera with me...otherwise, you all would be seeing a pic of it right about now! ;) ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/17/06 at 10:50 pm

I decided to bump this thread because I am STILL seeing random shoes on the sides of roads. About a month or so ago, we were driving through a parking lot, and there in the middle of the lot was a pair of shoes...and the way that they were positioned looked like the person was literally zapped up by a spaceship......it was SO strange! :o

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/06 at 1:55 am

Just today, as I pulled into the Dairy Queen, and got out of the car, I stepped in an old pair of sh!t stained underwear that was lying on the asphalt.  I had to go into the washroom and clean off my shoes *YUCK* I had a hell of a time trying to eat the Gravy with my fries  :\'(

I often see old clothes on the side of the road.  As I'm driving through the countryside, I've seen old shoes, pants, shirts ... i keep thinking that oen day I'm gonna see the person who owns these things walking along the side of the road buck naked ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/06 at 2:01 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/06 at 2:06 am

OMFG!! ;D  I nearly fell off my chair laughing at this. That is SOO gross, I would have been SO pissed off. You know what else is gross?  Seeing dirty diapers randomly lying around in parking lots! ::)

I can top that.  Once I was walking through the food aisle in Wal-Mart, when I heard this woman yell real loud.  I looked over and there sitting on the shelf was a soiled diaper full of turds.  Some woman apparently had changed her baby right in the aisle  :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/06 at 2:07 am

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/06 at 2:09 am

OMG....that is horrible!! :o  It's bad enough that she changed the baby right in the isle...but to leave to dirty diaper there and not throw it away!! UGH! :P

Perhaps she was trying to pass it off as one of the chocolate items that were on the shelves http://www.pure80schat.co.uk/forum/Smileys/smilies_smf-2/buck2.gif

Written By: karen on 05/12/06 at 4:31 am

There was an article in the local last week which reminded me of this thread.  There has apparently been a large number of sightings of pairs of trainers or shoes dangling from the telephone wire.  The paper wanted to know people did this.  The "best" explanation offered (according to this week's paper) is that it indicates that drugs are for sale in a nearby house!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/12/06 at 7:53 am

There was an article in the local last week which reminded me of this thread.  There has apparently been a large number of sightings of pairs of trainers or shoes dangling from the telephone wire.  The paper wanted to know people did this.  The "best" explanation offered (according to this week's paper) is that it indicates that drugs are for sale in a nearby house!

yes, I see that quite often too.  AND, I do still see TONS of random shoes on the sides of roads :o ??? :D

Written By: Tam on 06/01/06 at 1:51 pm

On our way to Austin a few weeks ago we spotted a rollerblade at an on ramp
and then a baby stroller ont he left hand side of the interstate next to the concrete barrier!

:o ???

Written By: karen on 11/02/06 at 9:20 am

walking back from lunch today I saw something which reminded me of this thread.

On the pavement there was a large fish head with one beady eye staring up at me. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/02/06 at 4:10 pm

walking back from lunch today I saw something which reminded me of this thread.

On the pavement there was a large fish head with one beady eye staring up at me. 

oh wow...that's really unusual, Karen.  Were you anywhere near water?

Written By: karen on 11/03/06 at 3:39 am

oh wow...that's really unusual, Karen.  Were you anywhere near water?

Only a fountain!

It's the one behind the guys in this picture

Written By: Gis on 11/03/06 at 4:45 am

To add to the oddness when I was walking to the station in Oxford and then from the train in Didcot home, there was this random trail of single socks!?! Seriuosly it was so bizarre every now and then along the way there was a sock lying on the pavement or on a wall or in a bush................... 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/03/06 at 11:53 am

jeez...I wonder what possesses people to leave these kinds of items along the way like that? So odd! ??? :D

Written By: Howard on 11/03/06 at 2:53 pm

Sometimes when I'm walking by I see dead squirrels and pigeons lay on the sidewalk and street  :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/07/07 at 9:25 am

I saw another pair of shoes on the side of the road the other day!! :o

Written By: karen on 02/07/07 at 9:26 am

I drove past a single black shoe the other day and thought about looking for this thread

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/07/07 at 9:35 am

I drove past a single black shoe the other day and thought about looking for this thread

it just confuses the heck out of me...I mean, how and why are they there? It's even stranger when it's a complete pair, just sitting there. :o

Written By: Howard on 02/07/07 at 3:11 pm

I saw a dead bird,I think It was a pigeon lay there in the middle of a cold winter.

Written By: MLB on 02/07/07 at 4:40 pm

Last year just after it rained for a week, there was suddenly in every empty lot around town 100s of butterflies. and it seemed like they were all travelling north east thru traffic...over/around traffic. Almost like they were swarming.
    Half the time shoes are carelessness or fights that end up with things getting thrown out of the vehicle. But here in CA shoes on electric pole wires soemtimes means certain gangs have heaved them up there to mark their territory.  However, that is usually NOT the case.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/07/07 at 4:41 pm

Last year just after it rained for a week, there was suddenly in every empty lot around town 100s of butterflies. and it seemed like they were all travelling north east thru traffic...over/around traffic. Almost like they were swarming.
    Half the time shoes are carelessness or fights that end up with things getting thrown out of the vehicle. But here in CA shoes on electric pole wires soemtimes means certain gangs have heaved them up there to mark their territory.  However, that is usually NOT the case.

In Chicago, at least where I lived, if shoes were strung up on telephone wires, it meant drugs were sold in that area.  Black shoes = crack, white shoes = everything else

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/07/07 at 5:02 pm

In October, we were driving down the highway, and a tire just randomly rolled from the side of the road... Came from nowhere!

Written By: danootaandme on 02/07/07 at 5:25 pm

My grandmother said a bird flying into your house meant someone was going to die.  The bird was there to take the soul away. 

Written By: ADH13 on 02/07/07 at 10:26 pm

alot of times i hear on the radio (traffic reports) that there are mattresses, christmas trees, etc. blocking lanes on the freeway... the other night i heard them say a bathtub was blocking the center lane... ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...